Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-12-2017, 09:07 PM
1st Lieutenant

big jordan is a splendid one to beholdbig jordan is a splendid one to beholdbig jordan is a splendid one to beholdbig jordan is a splendid one to beholdbig jordan is a splendid one to beholdbig jordan is a splendid one to beholdbig jordan is a splendid one to behold
WHIO Archives/Grant Podcast

Does WHIO still archive the radio broadcasts of games online? I know they used to, but I couldn't find after searching

Also, is Anthony Grant doing a weekly show? If anyone has the podcast URL, could you please share?

Thanks in advance for the help
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,522 Times in 2,440 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I tried unsuccessfully last year to get WHIO to share the game archives. I know they were not available last year and I believe they were not available in 15-16 either.

Anthony show is tomorrow night at 7 pm. on WHIO. It is live from Frickers on Woodman Drive. Hope there is a good crowd tomorrow night.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
big jordan (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
In the 2014-15 season I used to listen to some of the audio broadcasts from the season prior which would have been the Elite 8 season. I can't remember if I could still access the archives from past seasons during the 2015-16 season but I'm pretty sure the current season's archives were at least available that year. Last year the archives were definitely not available all year as stated by Lifelong. I even asked John & John about it when calling into Flyer Feedback. They were convinced that the archived games were there but I never could find them.

If the archives show up this season they will not be listed under Sports --> Dayton Flyers as they were in years past. Now they'll be listed on the audio on demand page:
http://www.whio.com/whio-radio/on-demand/

There is a tile for Flyer Feedback which takes you to the archives for that program. Those go back all the way to Jan 3rd of 2015 and the newest is from after the Ohio Dominican game. So hope springs eternal that the same will eventually be true when they put up a tile for the game broadcasts. Although my hope is still that the game archives go back to the 2013-14 Elite Eight season. Wouldn't even mind listening to some of the eggs they laid before the late run since we all know how things ended up turning out!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
big jordan (11-13-2017), jack72 (11-13-2017), San Diego Flyer (11-15-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
WHIO/Cox has the taped games. When I was exchanging emails with them, they sent me links, but the links would not open for me but did for them. I even asked Larry about it before a coaches show last year, he didn't seem aware that the public couldn't get a podcast.
I checked the on demand page today and saw a "tile" for UD Football. Clicked on it and there are links for games back to 2014. No tile for basketball though.
big jordan (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Lieutenant General

Larry Hangsen posted this link to the Ball St game on his FB page which I follow:
https://od-cmg.streamguys1.com/dayto...1083239852.mp3
I asked him to post links after the games, so maybe he will and we can get them that way.
Link to his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Larry-Hansg...nK2rHQ&fref=nf
UD Rugby (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,205 Times in 971 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Coach's Radio Show

The Monday Coach's Show was very good.
Unlike Archie, who swooped in at the last second and bolted as soon as the show was over, AG arrived a minute or 2 early and then stayed around and shook hands for a while after the show. Also, his first comment was to thank everyone for coming out for the show as well as the game on Friday.
Being my first interaction with Coach Grant, I understand why people love him. Extremely personable. Down to earth. Didn't give a bunch of "coach speak." Looked and sounded extremely comfortable in the public eye.
As long as he wins basketball games, he is going to bring in a lot of money to the university. He seems to be the type of guy that people are going to get to know and trust and will open up their wallets because they believe in him and the way he does things.
Alberto Strasse (11-14-2017), fuz_forward (11-15-2017), jack72 (11-14-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-14-2017), tirebiter (11-14-2017), TMPH66 (11-14-2017), TommyGola (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 10:17 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Here is an RSS feed for the Anthony Grant show

rss-cmg.streamguys1.com/dayton/day957/anthony-grant-show.xml

Last edited by podcast411; 11-14-2017 at 11:59 PM..
Old 11-15-2017, 10:18 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,011 Times in 2,590 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Jablonski tweeted this out:

To find all Dayton info: http://www.whio.com/daytonflyers

Ask Larry & Bucky: http://www.whio.com/asklarryandbucky

AG Show Podcasts: http://www.whio.com/anthonygrantshow

Flyer Feedback Podcasts: http://www.whio.com/flyerfeedback

Archived Games: http://www.whio.com/flyerbasketball

https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...99733647511552
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (11-16-2017)