Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Gazoo: I agree with you. Staying in college one more year would have given him a chance to play significant minutes, for one on one coaching and time to bulk up slowly. He is now in a position where he has to immediately show talent and results to impress the NBA and Mavs. Based on talented kids coming out of college and from Europe every year, I am not optimistic about his chances. I have always felt he made a mistake.
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Again, Kostas hated school. He was not staying and could not.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Kostas will have a solid career playing in some mid tier Euro league.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Again, Kostas hated school. He was not staying and could not.
One of two important points that seem to be missed or ignored. The other being that the NBA is pouring money and support into the G-League.

This isn't the World League, the USBL or even the old D-League. The Mavs have a vested interest in Kostas succeeding. Maybe he is getting no nutritional or skills training. For some reason, I doubt it.

And to build on your point, all other things being equal, if he had come in and been a severe behavioral issue many would have said good riddance. I'm not sure anyone actually SAYS that but you get the point. The kid didn't want to be in school... any school.

He is pretty much exactly the type of kid that has driven the changes in the G-League. If the new model is to work it will be because it works for kids like Kostas. It seems like most wish him well even if they disagree with the decision which is the way it should be. The "new" G-League is going to have an impact on the game. Hopefully, it isn't something we need to deal with too often.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:50 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
FWIW, Kostas is putting up very pedestrian numbers in the G-League.

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1628961/

Thru 12 games he's averaging 9.1 pts and 6.3 rbs and 2 blocks with a +/- of -2.
Not sure if I would say pedestrian. Considering what he put up in college I think those numbers are pretty good for him in his first year at that level.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:54 AM

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Not sure if I would say pedestrian. Considering what he put up in college I think those numbers are pretty good for him in his first year at that level.
I understand what you're implying, but if you take a few minutes to compare his stats to others who weren't drafted and those who were, 'pedestrian' is actually a compliment.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I understand what you're implying, but if you take a few minutes to compare his stats to others who weren't drafted and those who were, 'pedestrian' is actually a compliment.
I get what you are saying too but I gotta believe the Mavs see upside in him that may take a little while so they probably didn't expect huge numbers right away...plus they know what his last name is and we all know they are hoping lightning strikes twice!
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
what were his brothers stats the first two years after he was drafted?
Old 12-06-2018, 11:16 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
what were his brothers stats the first two years after he was drafted?
FWIW, Giannis turns 24 today.

as a 19 year old rookie, he averaged 6.8 pts and 4.4 rbs, starting 23 games

as a 20 year old, he averaged 12.7/6.7 and started 71 of 81 games.

Kostas turned 21 on Nov 20th...2 weeks ago.

At 22, Giannis was voted a started in the NBA All-Star game.
Gazoo (12-06-2018), steverino015 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 01:20 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
One of two important points that seem to be missed or ignored. The other being that the NBA is pouring money and support into the G-League.

This isn't the World League, the USBL or even the old D-League. The Mavs have a vested interest in Kostas succeeding. Maybe he is getting no nutritional or skills training. For some reason, I doubt it.

And to build on your point, all other things being equal, if he had come in and been a severe behavioral issue many would have said good riddance. I'm not sure anyone actually SAYS that but you get the point. The kid didn't want to be in school... any school.

He is pretty much exactly the type of kid that has driven the changes in the G-League. If the new model is to work it will be because it works for kids like Kostas. It seems like most wish him well even if they disagree with the decision which is the way it should be. The "new" G-League is going to have an impact on the game. Hopefully, it isn't something we need to deal with too often.
Totally get your point. And I don't want to be at work, I just want to make millions of $$. Can I? Nope.

KA didn't want to be in school. He made his choice. If he had a little more "want" regardless of how much he enjoyed school he would have, in my opinion, been better served. What he wants has very little to do with the equation. It's not like he would have flunked out when surrounded by the number of advisors he would have.

So, yeah, suck it up and go to class or go to Oregon / North Carolina.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:34 PM

Kastas = Cardale

CT Flyer (12-06-2018), Gazoo (12-06-2018), Radar (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 03:28 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
And yet Cardale stayed in school when he could have (and probably should have) gone pro.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Totally get your point. And I don't want to be at work, I just want to make millions of $$. Can I? Nope.

KA didn't want to be in school. He made his choice. If he had a little more "want" regardless of how much he enjoyed school he would have, in my opinion, been better served. What he wants has very little to do with the equation. It's not like he would have flunked out when surrounded by the number of advisors he would have.

So, yeah, suck it up and go to class or go to Oregon / North Carolina.
The major difference in your (and my) situations compared to Kostas is that there wasn't a multi-billion dollar industry developing it's own support system as an alternative route. The investment the NBA is making is making in a minor league feeder system now means that a kid's wants do now matter.

Of course the route won't be open to most kids. Many, and I hope most, of the kids that do have that alternative as a legitimate route will prefer the exposure, rivalries, life experience and education that comes with playing in college. The vast majority of kids are in the same position they have always been. The G-League won't be an option so they will need to go to school to play at a school regardless of want. Kostas had a legitimate alternative and took it. How legitimate is yet to be seen. A lot will have to do with the kid and more than likely the NBA organization affiliated with a kid's G-League team.

Football was alluded to in a few posts. Obviously a completely different animal.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:24 PM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
The major difference in your (and my) situations compared to Kostas is that there wasn't a multi-billion dollar industry developing it's own support system as an alternative route. The investment the NBA is making is making in a minor league feeder system now means that a kid's wants do now matter.

Of course the route won't be open to most kids. Many, and I hope most, of the kids that do have that alternative as a legitimate route will prefer the exposure, rivalries, life experience and education that comes with playing in college. The vast majority of kids are in the same position they have always been. The G-League won't be an option so they will need to go to school to play at a school regardless of want. Kostas had a legitimate alternative and took it. How legitimate is yet to be seen. A lot will have to do with the kid and more than likely the NBA organization affiliated with a kid's G-League team.

Football was alluded to in a few posts. Obviously a completely different animal.
I think the basic difference in assumptions here is this:

Option 1: go to the D league because you don't want to go to school, sign a 2-way contract, make a few hundred thousand $ for a couple years (risking injury), then you're left with the optionality of either multi-million $ NBA contract or Europe.

Option 2: stay in school for 1 more year and earn nothing (risking injury), but then instead of being drafted last in the 2nd round you get drafted in the first round with multi-million $ guaranteed contract, then you're left with the optionality of either making it in the NBA from the start (more likely if guaranteed contract--they hate sending you down at that point), D league (risk of injury), or Europe.

I'm not saying I'm right that he'd be a first round pick. But it is my assumption. Racking up big numbers against the A10 and highlight reel plays that raise his profile means he's no longer just the younger brother, he's the younger brother on SportsCenter every night.

If you assume he's equally likely to get the big contract by going another year of college or a year of D league, then go to the D league. I'm assuming he's got a better chance of getting a big payout by staying a year.

So if you want to argue the assumption that's totally fine. I very well may be wrong. But if you take my assumption as a given, he made the wrong choice. And if I take your assumption as a given (I'm putting words in your mouth) then he made the right choice. I think this keeps getting confused in this discussion.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:31 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
See Bryce Love, Stanford running back. Last year, second in the Heisman, projected as a first round pick. He decided to stay in school, but he is an excellent student, who is going to med school at some point. Love definitely wants to play pro football. This year hurt most of the year, and had a poor season. Will he get drafted? Maybe, with so many rounds, but he lost some huge bucks.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Major

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
If you assume he's equally likely to get the big contract by going another year of college or a year of D league, then go to the D league. I'm assuming he's got a better chance of getting a big payout by staying a year.

So if you want to argue the assumption that's totally fine. I very well may be wrong. But if you take my assumption as a given, he made the wrong choice. And if I take your assumption as a given (I'm putting words in your mouth) then he made the right choice. I think this keeps getting confused in this discussion.
You KNOW what happens when we assume!

FWIW, I actually think there are huge holes in both our assumptions. It is a huge leap of faith to believe Kostas would have made the leap to being one of the 20-25 non-European players taken in the 1st round. We can't be sure how he would have fit or if he would have gone to class enough to stay eligible. On the other hand, it is taking a leap of faith to believe that a kid without the motivation to embrace the college experience will have the motivation and maturity to grind out the path to get beyond the G-League. A kid with money and at this point unknown structure could be a very bad mix. He has a great opportunity but it will be up to him.

Now on to more important things. This is the first year that Great Lakes Christmas Ale has been distributed to NE Florida. It is (relatively) cold outside so I need to take advantage.
Mad Props to Bucketnight For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (12-08-2018)
Old 07-19-2019, 10:22 AM
1st Lieutenant

sabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to all
Just commenting since it's college basketball down time. I recently read that Kostas is on the Dallas Mavericks roster. I thought he must have really improved. I went to his Maverick's bio and it says" After a standout performance in the Vegas Summer League during which he averaged 5 pts. and 2.5 rebounds per game. Kostas has a unique combination of length and athleticism that could turn him into a big time NBA talent very soon."

That bio is the same stats that he had at U.D. Me thinks he's on the roster for reasons other than ability.
Mad Props to sabo2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-24-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sabo2 View Post
Just commenting since it's college basketball down time. I recently read that Kostas is on the Dallas Mavericks roster. I thought he must have really improved. I went to his Maverick's bio and it says" After a standout performance in the Vegas Summer League during which he averaged 5 pts. and 2.5 rebounds per game. Kostas has a unique combination of length and athleticism that could turn him into a big time NBA talent very soon."

That bio is the same stats that he had at U.D. Me thinks he's on the roster for reasons other than ability.
FYI they currently have 19 to 23 players listed on the roster including Dirk who retired - depending on what website your sourcing. It’s a time of year thing as free agent movement is still going on.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 06:53 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Mavs waive Kostas: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/07/...tokounmpo.html

But he's being claimed by the NBA Champion Raptors: https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-new...box=1563573881
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-20-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas left a year too early.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:01 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
While I would have liked to have seen him play another year at UD, IMO he got better instruction at Frisco on how he will have to play to make an NBA roster and contribute. He is still very young and physically underdeveloped. I watched almost all his minutes in Summer League and he shot very poorly. Even gagged a can't miss ally-oop dunk.

Because of his young age, his continued development, and his name, he will hang around the G League/ NBA for several more tries at getting better and sticking with a club.

NBA hopefuls have to take the shots that they get in rhythm. He wasn't bashful, but you have to make a good % of them. Did not happen.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:42 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I don’t think Kostas handled the coaching change at UD well nor do I think he bought into AG’s system. Thus he didn’t play much his last year at UD. He didn’t handle the adversity well two years ago. Now he will get a second bite at the adversity apple. Hopefully he handles it better because his path to make an NBA roster will continue to require him to step up both physically and mentally. Another year at UD would have helped him mentally maybe more than skill-wise. Time will tell if if his time in Frisco helps him handle the adversity. This won’t be his last set back on this journey.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
Kostas left a year too early.
When he was drafted, one scout said "Kostas is a year away from being a year away,"

Kostas should have stayed at UD for two years , minimum.
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-24-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 08:26 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Swampy, you are only thinking about a young player who's family has not had significant basketball success already, who valued a college degree, who does not already have two players in the NBA who chose not to go to college. Kostas is from a different mold. He's chasing a rainbow where the pursuit of a college degree simply gets in the way of making millions bouncing a ball, and his brothers have figured it out.

What kid is going to stay in school for 3 or 4 years when his mentors and his heart are entertaining a quicker path to riches, accomplished already by his kin(s)?

Your assumption is that Anthony Grant can develop a big man better than the G-league, and it might be valid.
That jury is still out. AG has an opportunity to show us with Obi and Jordy.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud69 (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 09:26 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I watched one of the Mav's summer league games and they said he added something like 40lbs of muscle
Old 07-20-2019, 11:21 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
He hated school - would do UD no good for him to stay and be academically ineligible
Old 07-21-2019, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I watched one of the Mav's summer league games and they said he added something like 40lbs of muscle
#Fakenews.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:31 AM

Maybe since High school. That, or the rest of the bigs in the summer league added 50lbs.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:57 AM

#Fakenews.
He was listed at 190 in year one and 197 in year two. Mavs roster had him at 200. I “ marveled” at how little weight he put on with three years of strength and conditioning expertise at his disposal...not to mention nutritional guidance.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:06 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think the taller you are the harder it is to bulk up
Old 07-21-2019, 01:49 PM

I think the taller you are the harder it is to bulk up
Yep, just ask any football lineman.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:13 PM
General

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Yep, just ask any football lineman.
look at their physiques compared to basketball players. How many big men coming into college basketball need to put on weight versus like Sissko
Old 07-21-2019, 08:26 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas was claimed by the Lakers. Of course people are already seeing this as a play by the Lakers to get his big brother when he becomes a free agent in 2 seasons.
Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Alex: If you are interested in the A family, a very good piece focused mainly on Alex.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-antetokounmpo
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-24-2019), San Diego Flyer (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
When he was drafted, one scout said "Kostas is a year away from being a year away,"

Kostas should have stayed at UD for two years , minimum.
Swampy, you might want to read the article below about the Antetokounmpo brothers. Pay close attention to the grand plan for all of the brother's goals to go through 3 or 4 years of college.

NOT !!!

After reading the article, I'm shocked that Kostas got a year of college in.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:31 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, he got in two years, considering he had to sit out his first year.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:11 PM
General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
While I would have liked to have seen him play another year at UD, IMO he got better instruction at Frisco on how he will have to play to make an NBA roster and contribute.

I can't say you're wrong, because we'll never know what would have happened had he stayed in college. But I disagree.

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Swampy, you might want to read the article below about the Antetokounmpo brothers. Pay close attention to the grand plan for all of the brother's goals to go through 3 or 4 years of college.

NOT !!!

After reading the article, I'm shocked that Kostas got a year of college in.

The point isn't whether he planned to go to college for 4 years, planned to work on Italian cars for 4 years, or planned to try his hand at acting for 4 years. The point is: what is the actual best plan for him.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:27 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,324 Times in 443 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
https://lasportshub.com/2020/03/18/l...antetokounmpo/
Old 03-18-2020, 07:29 PM

LMAO - Obi and Jhery are 22+ years old. They gotta go now. They don’t have many years to play pro.

Kostas is 22 - he’s so young and has all the time in the world to develop into a player like his brother...