Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Captain

SCFlyer will become famous soon enoughSCFlyer will become famous soon enough
Write Up on Staten and others

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...asp?CID=831380

Pretty exciting to see the noise Staten is making. I wish our coach was there (maybe they just didn't mention it) to follow Sibert around as well...
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Captain

hUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these parts
I don't think Sibert is even considering UD. He probably isn't even considering X even though I hear they have been recruiting him for 2 years now. His stock is soaring and I'm sure his "advisors" are recommending major programs.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Captain

UDFLYERS2K is on a distinguished road
"Staten, a Dayton commit, was great in the nightcap, too. He scored 22 points (10-15 FG) and handed out four assists in the victory. The jitterbug guard power dribbled his way to the hole time and time again for buckets and was simply too quick for the City Rocks to contend with. The top 70 prospect a steal for the Flyers."

It sure sounds like he is the real deal. Too bad Staten isn't starting his career at UD this fall. Now if we can just sign Payne.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Further down, the same article mentions Markus Crider from Wayne HS, a 2011 prospect already on BG's radar screen:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...2&pr_key=81636
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

steve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nice
I saw on an OSU message board that a buck's fan was at the event and disturbingly (from OSU's standpoint) saw Gregory and Izzo watcing Payne at play in the event. They feel that Payne is a top priority for OSU to get for 2010. They dream of Sibert, Sullinger and Payne. They are tempered by the feeling that UD has perhaps the inside track on Payne...but can't understand why.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Further down, the same article mentions Markus Crider from Wayne HS, a 2011 prospect already on BG's radar screen:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...2&pr_key=81636
Swamp,the Dayton area is loaded with tallent the next few years
Old 07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
2nd Lieutenant

XFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these partsXFactor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hUDygrad View Post
I don't think Sibert is even considering UD. He probably isn't even considering X even though I hear they have been recruiting him for 2 years now. His stock is soaring and I'm sure his "advisors" are recommending major programs.
Sibert is definitely considering Xavier. Sean Miller has built a nice relationship with him already. Xavier is a major program also, that's why a ton of Top 100 kids are interested in Xavier. How important is Sibert in Xavier's plans? That I'm not sure since in 2010 Jordan Crawford will probably be a junior, Dante Jackson will be a senior, Cheeks and Redford will be juniors. But Sibert is obviously a top talent and I'm sure Miller will want to bring in at least one SG in 2010. I know there are some higher ranked guards in 2010 who are interested in Xavier. Sibert would be a great pickup though and as a Xavier fan would love it. We shall see.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XFactor View Post
Xavier is a major program
I guess that depends on how you define "major program."
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer Hub will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I guess that depends on how you define "major program."
Xavier, Gonzaga and certainly Memphis are 3 non BCS teams that I would consider majors because they make the NCAA tourney on a regular basis and win games when they get there. That's how I'd define it.

It's pretty incredible to think UD has not won an NCAA tourney game since 1990. Perhaps that will change this coming season. It will all come down to point guard play and perimeter shooting.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:28 AM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Flyer Hub View Post
Xavier, Gonzaga and certainly Memphis are 3 non BCS teams that I would consider majors because they make the NCAA tourney on a regular basis and win games when they get there. That's how I'd define it.

It's pretty incredible to think UD has not won an NCAA tourney game since 1990. Perhaps that will change this coming season. It will all come down to point guard play and perimeter shooting.
and making free throws
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 AM

jcubspoe will become famous soon enoughjcubspoe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Flyer Hub View Post

What you are saying is true...but X has also made the tourny a couple of times because they are in the A10...they were a .500 team a few years ago in conf. play and won 4 straight to make the tourny (credit to them for that) but they would have never made the conference run had they been in the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, ect. Still, it's something we can't do but I think Xs success gets overblown a bit. We'll never know for sure what X would have done the last 20 years playing in a BCS conf. year in and year out.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Captain

hUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these parts
2 elite 8's in 5 years is overblown? I hope that I live to see the day that UD's performance is treated as overblown.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:34 AM
1st Lieutenant

Muskie Mike is infamous around these partsMuskie Mike is infamous around these partsMuskie Mike is infamous around these partsMuskie Mike is infamous around these partsMuskie Mike is infamous around these partsMuskie Mike is infamous around these partsMuskie Mike is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jcubspoe View Post
What you are saying is true...but X has also made the tourny a couple of times because they are in the A10...they were a .500 team a few years ago in conf. play and won 4 straight to make the tourny (credit to them for that) but they would have never made the conference run had they been in the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, ect. Still, it's something we can't do but I think Xs success gets overblown a bit. We'll never know for sure what X would have done the last 20 years playing in a BCS conf. year in and year out.
You can't compare playing in a BCS conf and playing in the A10. Once you move into one of those conferences everything changes. I doubt they would have had the same personnel if they were in a BCS league. Are we a major program? I'd say so. You look at the Forbes list of most valuable programs an X was 20, the 2 recent elite 8's, post season play, arena, year in year out top 25, TV contract, and NBA alumni. I think these are some key ingredients to being a major program. I'd take our program over many other programs in BCS conferences.