Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Maui Tickets

Just received e-mail that individual game tickets go on sale Wednesday the 21st for the Maui Invitational. www.Mauiinvitational.com
Mad Props to IndianaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (08-19-2013)
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Over the past 5 years, tickets have gone on sale the 3rd or 4th Wednesday of August. Make it 6.
Prices aren't listed, but they will likely be in the $300-$350 range for Booster tickets.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM

MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Booster tickets without the hotel package went on sale at 3pm today. MrsFF and I now have Two Tickets To (basketball in) Paradise.
The price is steep at $342 per ticket plus a $27 per ticket handling fee. Hopefully, the dropping of EA Sports will bring down the cost for future tournaments.
Go Flyers!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Jay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to beholdJay O'Leary is a splendid one to behold
Maui tickets

I ordered my tickets (3) today. It was $1,107. The day before the tournament begins I will take a helicopter ride over the island, landing in Hana, eat a gourmet lunch there, and return to the airport in a scenic limo for $350. The games are a better buy for me....
Old 08-22-2013, 08:12 AM

Thumbs up Doing it right

Originally Posted by Jay O'Leary View Post
I ordered my tickets (3) today. It was $1,107. The day before the tournament begins I will take a helicopter ride over the island, landing in Hana, eat a gourmet lunch there, and return to the airport in a scenic limo for $350. The games are a better buy for me....
We did the opposite tour a few years back (ride then fly). After the twists and turns of the road, at least one member of our tour group didn't fare so well with the motion of the helicopter. Your order of transportation sounds safer. It was cloudy so we didn't get to drop down into the Haleakala crater as much as they usually do, but overall, the views were incredible. One tip: If you stop and swim under a waterfall, the water is not warm.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 PM

Time is short before departing for the islands.
The team travels tomorrow.
For Browns and Steelers fans, I recommend watching the game at Lahaina Sports Bar (http://www.lahainasportsbar.com/)
It's a locals place in Lahaina. MrsFF and I have been going there since 2000. Actually, it was called the Bamboo Bar and Grill originally, was sold, closed, bought back by the original owner for less than he sold it for, and then relocated to the current location. They open at 8am on Sunday for the NFL Sunday ticket. The bartender, Richard, is a Steeler's fan, but otherwise a good guy. Being a "locals" place, drinks are cheap compared to the resorts and tourist traps. (Note, "cheap" is relative and you are in the middle of the Pacific.)
I invited Larry Hansgan to join us, but he is THE media representative from Dayton. He'll be calling games with Bucky, doing interviews for WHIO TV, and writing stories for the DDN. Money is tight in the local media market
Conveniently, it's also just 2 or 3 block from a Catholic Church if that is of interest.

To all those making the trip, Aloha and have fun! See you at the Lahaina Civic Center.