UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who get the ball? And where?
Double T means dual possession so UD ball at midcourt 7 26.92%
Double T means dual possession AND point of interuption...UD Ball on baseline 2 7.69%
Double T only means point of interuption...St. Mary's ball on baseline. 15 57.69%
Double T only means point of interuption...St. Mary's ball at midcourt 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
You Make the Call - Double Technical

With my main man Kendall Pollard gone, Beattytown's man-crush, Xeyrius Williiams, is now the royal enforcer for our Anthony Grant lead UD Flyers, and today he proved it!

Fighting hard against our friends from St. Mary's, his adrenaline is high and - with UD leading 74-71 and 2:12 remaining - XW has just entered the game after a brief rest.

With 16 pts, 10 rbs and 9 blocks, XW is hoping to earn his first career triple-double. And when St. Mary's point guard Emmett Naar gets around Sam Miller's hedge and drives the lane for a contested layup, it's time for that 10th block! SWAT! XW times his jump perfectly and sends Naar's shot into the 4th row of the Gael's student section.

Immediately XW releases a primal scream in Naar's face, which is met with an equal and opposite primal scream from Naar right back at XW! With Naar and XW face-to-face and neck vein's popping, the 3-man ref crew comes running in with whistle's blowing to split them apart and - surprisingly - head ref Steve McJunkins (great name BTW ) signaling a double-technical!

With sanity returning to the court and cooler heads prevailing, McJunk goes to the scorer's table to explain the whistle to the scorer. After reporting them he blows his whistle, puts both thumbs into the air to signal that he's going to the possession arrow, pointed toward UD's bench, and points at midcourt to direct the inbounds play for our Flyers.

With 1:48 remaining, UD is up 3 and about to inbound the ball when St. Mary's coach Randy Bennett jumps up to argue the rule! Bennett says the double tech doesn't go to the possession arrow and it should be St. Mary's ball at midcourt. Dayton coach Anthony Grant laughs at Bennett's interpretation and says all double-infraction are - by Rule - a possession arrow call and tells XW to inbound the d*mn ball and get back to the action.

McJunk calls his crew over and they pull out the rulebook as ESPN3 goes to a commercial. In the meantime, you all have 2 minutes to make the call!

Good luck.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:08 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
23 views and 1 vote?!

C'mon you arm-chair know-it-alls...as wannabe refs, you need to make the call immediately. No time to think. You either know it or you don't.

Read...vote/guess...comment...in that order.

Any other process in unRoyal.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post

:
I think the order is

Read.....morning coffee....a good dump (or two).....google right answer....post answer

Have a good day, and thanks for posting these!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (06-12-2017), Widget (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
St. Mary's ball on baseline. Best guess in less than 2 minutes.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I think the order is

Read.....morning coffee....a good dump (or two).....google right answer....post answer

Have a good day, and thanks for posting these!
Joey DeMayo agrees.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:11 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
I guessed "C"
Old 06-12-2017, 10:37 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't the ball at midcourt common practice after any technical foul?

or does the fact it is a double technical change things?
Old 06-12-2017, 01:16 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
23 views and 1 vote?!

C'mon you arm-chair know-it-alls...as wannabe refs, you need to make the call immediately. No time to think. You either know it or you don't.

Any other process in unRoyal.
I vote "present".

Actually I voted but I really don't know. Except that any call made by DeMayo is wrong.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 01:32 PM
1st Lieutenant

KC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the rough
If alternating possessions, then trailing teams on defense could be "rewarded" late in games by starting a fight and receiving double technicals... I vote point of interruption
Old 06-15-2017, 03:46 PM
General of the Air Force

So how long do I have to wait to find out my answer was the right one?
Old 06-15-2017, 04:33 PM

'Point of Interruption' applies to many situations where play is stopped for uncommon situations like 'double fouls'...I called one at Beavercreek vs Wayne 2 years ago and before I got done reporting the fouls their official scorer finished my sentence with '...point of interruption.' So while I'm sure most of you have never heard of the term, it's more common than you think.

In this situation - double Technicals - there are no FTs because the T's were assessed simultaneously. Had they occurred 2-3 seconds apart, there would be other explanations needed. Because the T's were simultaneous, the fouls are reported for each player and play resumes at the point where the call was made...you know, the Point of Interruption. So if you guessed 'C' - St. Mary's Ball on the baseline - you were correct.

If you guessed 'D' - Point of Interruption and ball to St. Mary's at midcourt - you are banned from future voting for 1 week if for no other reason than the inability to separate 'point of interruption' (Baseline) and midcourt...which are about 47 feet apart. But thanks for playing and enjoy your parting gifts...

See you next week.

King Rollo the Gong Show Host...OUT!
GoSteelers (06-16-2017), superfan99 (06-16-2017)