User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Tonight's Line????

I haven't been able to find a line on tonights game. Does anyone have the line?
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Captain

Snackman will become famous soon enoughSnackman will become famous soon enough
Doesn't look like this game will be on the board. I haven't seen a line anywhere.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,196 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
CBS Sportsline has us as a 78-62 winner. I sure hope the prediction is right!
Old 11-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Academy Doolie

broshefski is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
CBS Sportsline has us as a 78-62 winner. I sure hope the prediction is right!
Wow ! Mercer beats Alabama and Auburn and takes G-Tech to Ot...and we are a 16pt favorite ? id like some of that...
Old 11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Brigadier General

FlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really nice
I haven't seen any yet, so I guess there won't be. Accuscore.com did do their 10,000+ simulations of the game (no clue how) and it said we won 91% of the time by an average score of 78-61.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:41 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDopperman is on a distinguished road
I know that gambling is wrong and sinful, but I'm a little aggravated that I can't ever bet on the Flyers. Why isn't there a line for tonight? This is a serious question...I would like some insight if anyone has any. For those of you interested though, there is a line out for the exciting matchup between Florida Atlantic and James Madison....ridiculous.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Captain

hicag has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by UDopperman View Post
I know that gambling is wrong and sinful, but I'm a little aggravated that I can't ever bet on the Flyers. Why isn't there a line for tonight? This is a serious question...I would like some insight if anyone has any. For those of you interested though, there is a line out for the exciting matchup between Florida Atlantic and James Madison....ridiculous.
Trust me, you do not want to bet on Dayton. You will be scarred for life when one of your favorite players misses a free throw when the game is hand. You will be happy Dayton won, but whenever you see your ex-favorite player that cost you money, you will hold a grudge forever. **** you Ramod Marshall!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,597 Times in 5,092 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I was disappointed last year when I was in Vegas and just wanted to put some money on the Flyers in their first game. I didn't realize that they don't always have a line on every game.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Probably even money as nobody knows squat about these teams. If anything UD is probably the dog.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold
My last sports was during the Purnell era - I was in Vegas and bet $5 on UD on the road to cover a 9-point spread against Rhode Island, who was not playing well at the time.

These details might be wrong, but what I remember is that late in the second half UD is up by more than 20 and Purnell empties the bench. URI starts pouring in 3-pointers and closes to within 11 with :02 left in the game. UD has the ball out of bounds, so all they have to do is get it in and it's a winning bet. Of course a URI player steals in the inbounds pass and hits nothing but net on a miracle 3-pointer at the buzzer, and I lose my bet.

Never put the rent money on a sports bet!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDopperman View Post
Unless one team is highly rates, both teams have to be members of a conference that Vegas puts lines on for the game to get a game. Unless they are playing a top 10 team, Atlantic Sun games will not have lines.

Vegas needs to ensure that enough money is put on both sides that they get a reasonable amount of action on the game. Their concern is that if a game won't generate enough interest to get people to bet on it, they could end up with all the money on one side, then they lose if that side covers.

As for why the FAU/JMU game has a line, Vegas does put a line on both Sun Belt (FAU) or CAA (JMU games, but not Atlantic Sun games.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beerman (11-25-2008), Canonball (11-26-2008), flyerfanatic86 (11-25-2008), UDopperman (11-25-2008)