User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-25-2022, 05:01 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Youtube TV and UD

So, I am thinking of dropping my Spectrum and picking up Youtube TV. It would save a fistful of dollars each month. 2 downsides however, I don't believe youtube TV has Bally's at the moment, so no Reds, which doesn't feel like all that big of a downside at the moment given their current state. The Flyers have a number of games picked up on the Spectrum channel (and maybe a few on Bally's as well? They used to have some on Fox Sports Ohio). Are those games available on ESPN+ either live or after the fact? They are usually the low key games that get picked up there.

Am I missing anything else? Is their online DVR service decent? That is one thing I liked about Spectrum, I'm the only one in my family who records TV any more and its usually sporting events when we are out and about. None of us really watch broadcast TV aside from sports, like ever with the exception of the local new every once in a while or during bad weather.

Any other service I should look at?
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2022, 05:34 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
So, I am thinking of dropping my Spectrum and picking up Youtube TV. It would save a fistful of dollars each month. 2 downsides however, I don't believe youtube TV has Bally's at the moment, so no Reds, which doesn't feel like all that big of a downside at the moment given their current state. The Flyers have a number of games picked up on the Spectrum channel (and maybe a few on Bally's as well? They used to have some on Fox Sports Ohio). Are those games available on ESPN+ either live or after the fact? They are usually the low key games that get picked up there.

Am I missing anything else? Is their online DVR service decent? That is one thing I liked about Spectrum, I'm the only one in my family who records TV any more and its usually sporting events when we are out and about. None of us really watch broadcast TV aside from sports, like ever with the exception of the local new every once in a while or during bad weather.

I have ESPN+ and love it. They carry almost all UD games that aren't on a national network. The one downer is you get the local broadcast, so when UD is playing at LaSalle you have to listen to that jagoff say POW!!! every time Lasalle makes a 3 pointer.

Last edited by AZFlyer85; 08-25-2022 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: adding text
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to AZFlyer85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FIFO28 (08-30-2022), Flyer 86 (08-26-2022), Jeff (08-26-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 05:34 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of

Check out this site for a channel lineup comparison of streaming services:

https://thestreamable.com/channels

I activate youtube tv during college football/basketball seasons, and have previously had fubo. Both DVR services were fine.

My recollection was that ESPN+ picks up the Spectrum games, but I could be wrong on that. Usually the Spectrum games are the home buy games and I'm at the arena for them.

Youtube TV has the ESPN 4K game of the week, which is very nice if you have a 4k TV/streaming device.

Fubo can do a 4-way split screen. That feature is coming to youtube tv and is also available with the ESPN App. Great for watching CBB.
Mad Props to bigred For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (08-27-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 05:42 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
The cloud DVR is pretty good. It is unlimited but only saves for 90 days. You can also program it to record all the UD games or any other sports team
Old 08-25-2022, 07:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,198 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I assume that some of UD's games will be on CBS Sports and Peacock, the former NBC sports. Does anyone know if Peacock is available on Youtube TV as I too am considering switching to Youtube TV.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:26 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Graphicsguy is on a distinguished road
Other than missing Reds, I've been very happy with YouTube TV. Like others, I pick up ESPN+ during BB season. Fairly certain my DVD service keeps things longer than 90 days. I like the user interface, and my service has never been down (also easy to watch on phone/ipad).
Mad Props to Graphicsguy For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 04:15 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Yorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really nice
Check out Uzzu TV for sports needs. I love it. Has just about everything imaginable.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:44 AM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for all the feedback; sounds like I'll make the switch. I can always switch back if I'm not happy.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:50 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
The cloud DVR is pretty good. It is unlimited but only saves for 90 days. You can also program it to record all the UD games or any other sports team
Assume you're talking about Spectrum cloud DVR?
Old 08-26-2022, 09:11 AM

Thanked 10,176 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Flyer View Post
Check out Uzzu TV for sports needs. I love it. Has just about everything imaginable.
Some reviews from May 2022 say that Uzzu is not taking new customers. Anyone know anything about this?

Also, do you get the Tennis Channel on Uzzu?
Old 08-26-2022, 11:50 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,753 Times in 795 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for all the feedback; sounds like I'll make the switch. I can always switch back if I'm not happy.
Lot's of good things about YouTube. The DVR is endless and super easy to use even for an old guy.

We got up to 4 or 5 separate accounts for the same price so my kids and mom have access to it with their own DVR account, favorites lists etc. all for the price I was gonna pay for mine alone.

Your welcome kids ! They also have a nice plays of the game feature for games they carry for teams you follow. I got to see a lot of Obi dunks that way without having to suffer thru watching the inept Knicks
Old 08-26-2022, 12:54 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,773 Times in 936 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to do that, but ended up going with Spectrum's proprietary service.

I was mostly worried about CBS Sports since a lot of A10 games are on that. Saving me $50-60 per month.
Old 08-26-2022, 01:40 PM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
Hello all. I have a question for the techies ..

What is the best way to record UD basketball games ... to a hard drive (that I purchase). What hardware do I need to buy?
The best and most games will be on ESPN+ so lets assume I want to record UD games from it. Is it possible? Thanks
Old 08-26-2022, 09:25 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AZFlyer85 View Post
I have ESPN+ and love it. They carry almost all UD games that aren't on a national network. The one downer is you get the local broadcast, so when UD is playing at LaSalle you have to listen to that jagoff say POW!!! every time Lasalle makes a 3 pointer.
Agree, I haven't lived in Dayton for along time....

1) Youtube TV is great. The only drawback is no History Channel (which you can get via Philo for $20 / month. I also add ESPN during the season.....and BOOM, I can see almost every game.

2) If you cant get it that way, you can go via reddit. You have to persevere through the pop up adds to get to the game, but usually you can find it.

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2022, 04:02 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Yorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really nice
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Some reviews from May 2022 say that Uzzu is not taking new customers. Anyone know anything about this?

Also, do you get the Tennis Channel on Uzzu?
Yes, Tennis Channel is on there
Mad Props to Yorkshire Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 09:14 AM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
I assume that some of UD's games will be on CBS Sports and Peacock, the former NBC sports. Does anyone know if Peacock is available on Youtube TV as I too am considering switching to Youtube TV.
Peacock sadly is a separate subscription

Not sure about this season but last season I believe the old NBC Sports Network games were all on USA
Old 08-27-2022, 09:36 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,198 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you
Old 08-27-2022, 03:23 PM
General

Thanked 4,902 Times in 2,262 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Now that Directv + internet bill is approaching the GDP of a small African nation, I too am looking forward to some kind of streaming service.

Only problem is I need Elon Musk to get off his arse and get Starlink running in my area. High speed internet is the downside of country living.
Old 08-27-2022, 05:21 PM
2nd Lieutenant

I am fortunate living in Egypt, Ohio that a neighbor's grain bin serves as a great internet provider or I would have much difficulty.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:12 AM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
I never miss a game while living in Texas. Either VipBox or I shop around on Reddit for a link.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:05 PM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
TV

I am in Florida and we never miss a game. ESPN+ works just fine. We hook up an HDMI line to our TV and watch it on the big screen. We tried to go direct to our smart TV but two seasons ago, ESPN did not have the software to hook up to our brand. We found the HDMI cable so easy to hook up, I never tried to go direct to the smart tv last year.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:54 PM
2nd Lieutenant

301Lowes is just really nice301Lowes is just really nice301Lowes is just really nice301Lowes is just really nice
Originally Posted by GoFlyer View Post
I am in Florida and we never miss a game. ESPN+ works just fine. We hook up an HDMI line to our TV and watch it on the big screen. We tried to go direct to our smart TV but two seasons ago, ESPN did not have the software to hook up to our brand. We found the HDMI cable so easy to hook up, I never tried to go direct to the smart tv last year.
Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Apple TV will all give you access to Espn+, Youtube TV and a bazillion other streaming channels without needing to hook up an external device like a tablet for TVs that lack their own app universe. And cheaply(except for Apple of course). Plugs right into the HDMI port and usually needs one USB port for power or you can use an external USB power brick(some come with them as well). Turns your TV into a pseudo tablet, with a whole universe of streaming apps to choose from.
Mad Props to 301Lowes For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (08-30-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 05:50 PM
Captain

Rick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud of
Going back 10 years or so, I've been very much dedicated to the Roku platform. Since they have less skin in the game compared to Google, Apple, and Amazon (Roku just happily takes its pennies every time someone downloads apps from them, instead of harvesting data and producing their own prestige TV shows), everything is simple and clean.

Started with a dongle, then another dongle, up through the years until my last TV was a TCL with built-in Roku operating system. Love it. TCL is the best value brand for TVs at this point, I think, and they're selling me a pre-Roku'd TV? Easy peasy. [Still keep a cable subscription that ends up handling about half of Flyer games, but since I'm already on the hook for the Disney+ bundle (w/ Hulu and ESPN+ for, like $12/mo) and obligated to pay my $5/mo to Peacock (oh, the trials of being a pro wrestling fan and needing the WWE Network!), I've essentially got the entire Flyer schedule locked in on those 3 subscriptions. Spectrum's ludicrous price point notwithstanding, I'm glad my days of illegal streaming are past. Keeping one whole computer in its own biosphere so I could let those websites infect it with malware, while keeping the rest of my network clean, just got to be too much hassle.]
Mad Props to Rick Scaia For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 06:19 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
We have Hulu with Live TV. Of note, it includes ESPN Plus/Disney bundle for the same price as Youtube TV alone. I also love that all events on ESPN Plus show up in Hulu Live’s sports section, so you don’t need to switch apps on your TV. I am fully expecting Peacock to pick up some or all games that were on USA last year. NBC will say if Peacock is good enough for Big Ten basketball… it’s good enough for UD and Loyola Chicago.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2022, 08:28 AM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
We also have Hulu Live+ bundle an use a Roku. Have used Roku's for years, super simple to operate. I like streaming a lot, although I do occasionally miss the cable remote and having everything in one place. Switch apps and navigating around isn't as easy as cable, but once you get used to it, it's sort of second nature.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:51 PM
Academy Doolie

fuz_forward is a jewel in the roughfuz_forward is a jewel in the roughfuz_forward is a jewel in the rough
I've been using Youtube TV for the past few years. It's good, but pricey. I don't watch a lot of sports other than our Flyers mbb. I also get the Disney+ bundle through verizon which includes ESPN+ and Hulu. ESPN+ usually has a few of our Flyers games. I don't care too much about home games because I'm at the arena.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:04 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,773 Times in 936 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of Peacock, will UD games be in the free package or one of the premium packages?
Old 09-01-2022, 08:12 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,459 Times in 777 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I believe it’s Peacock Plus. I have had P+ for a while now, and I think I got it to watch live games. It may have been the USMNT, but I’m sure live sports is premium content. The nice thing is that you can add and drop streaming services with a month’s notice. That reminds me…I need to drop Sling and the NHL Network. I picked them up to watch the World Junior Championship. Ugh.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-01-2022, 03:17 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of
For those that need to subscribe to Peacock, there is a deal right now good through the end of this month. $19.99 for a full year's subscription when you apply promo code ONEYEAR or $1.99 per month when you apply promo code SEPTEMBER
Old 09-05-2022, 09:20 AM

Thanked 10,176 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Does Uzzu show all the NFL games?
Old 09-05-2022, 03:32 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Yes it does