UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball > Archived Seasonal Game Threads > 2013-2014 Game Threads

2013-2014 Game Threads Specific threads dedicated to each home and away game for UD Men's Basketball.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 10:34 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Gonzaga (Maui Invitational) Game Thread

We have seen gradual improvement from Game 1 to Game 4... Let's continue it in Maui. This could be a potential Game Changer for Archie's program.

Play a full 40 minutes and see what happens.

Starting Lineup:

G 11 David Stockon 5'11" 165 RS SR Spokane, WA
G 4 Kevin Pangos 6'2" 180 JR Holland Landing, Ontario
G 5 Gary Bell, Jr. 6'2" 205 JR Kent, WA
F 35 Sam Dower, Jr. 6'9" 243 RS SR Minneapolis, MN
C 24 Przemek Karnowski 7'1" 296 SO Torun, Poland

Go Flyers! Shock the College BBall World!

Game is on Monday Night at midnight on ESPN2
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2013, 11:04 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Couple of thoughts, though I've only seen Gonzaga play a little bit this year:

Seems like we have a size advantage on the perimeter. They are shooting the 3 ball very well, so defensively we'll need to keep a man on them, but offensively, hopefully that means we can get into the lane.

They have a size advantage in the post, however if they're message boards are to be believed, their fans are concerned about their lack of depth in the post. If UD's gaurds can get into the lane and draw fouls on their big men, we might go from being undersized in the post compared to them to having a big advantage down low. They have a 7', 300 lb frosh who hasn't played this season, their next biggest guy after the 2 starters is a 6'8", 200 lb frosh. Considering that their starting C is 7', 300 lbs, I'll assume one key will be getting our bigs out on the break and hopefully wear him down.

One area that has concerned me since I saw the start time, is the start time. A 12:00ish EST start is awfully late for our Flyers. I'll never get the image out of my head of UD playing Tulsa as a 4 seed in Spokan all those years ago, the team coming out sluggish a shot of DJ Stelly sitting on the bench in full yawn. Granted these are college age kids that are probably used to staying up to 2AM or later, and they'll have several days to adjust, but the starting time is definently an advantage for Gonzaga in terms of their natural body clock.

They shoot free throws as a team very well, with the lone exception of their starting C who's a 50% free throw shooter. Considering his size, if he gets on the block in position for an easy bucket, the best defense may be fouling.

Looking forward to this one, Few's team are always well coached, and very effiecient on offense. This should be UD's toughest test defensively. Picking up a win, should give UD two additional shots at a BCS school moving forward in the tournament (unless Chaminade beats Baylor). I'm going to be weary eyed Tuesday morning, I just hope I'm weary eyed and happy, rather than weary eyed and dissapointed.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
As a team they are shooting 55% and 48% for 3's. Very good.
Pangos is averaging 19 pts/g and Dower 9 RPG. They like to shoot the 3, as they avg 24 taken each game. Zaga averages 8 steals a game and Stockton has 10 in four games, so we need to take care of the ball.

Pangos is the key for their offense. He scores and he can dish (4per game).

Not turning the ball over and good defense are big keys in this game.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a good breakdown of the game. http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...d=201311250233
Old 11-25-2013, 09:53 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
One key is that we don't come out all hyper and get quick fouls on our scoring studs which has them on the bench early in the game. Play good defense with the feet, not the arms and hands.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Maui Preview

Here's a link to a preview on the game;

Maui Invitational 2013 preview: Gonzaga in the mix of a loaded field

And a little more color on the tourney...albeit a sickening shade of orange:

A team-by-team look at this year's Maui Invitational field:

Last edited by UDBaby; 11-25-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 11-25-2013, 03:46 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Couple of thoughts on UD and what I'm looking for, win or lose out of the Flyers.

1) Who mans the post? My father and I both agreed during the IPFW game that Scott easily looked the most improved and if Kavs didn't pick it up, he'd be starting in his place. Kavs is still showing rust while Scott has been gaining confidence and looking better each week while providing a ton of athletic ability down in the post (he makes in bounce plays w/ his length and leaping ability very tough on the oppositions, its something small, but has an impact outside of the box score). UD needs both of them if it wants to make a run at the NCAA tournament. UD needs to get Kavs back on track while keeping Scott playing like he has been.

2) passing. During parts of the IPFW, ST(Pa) and ST(Ny) games UD was very stagnant on offense, both with the ball and off the ball. They'd snap out of it for stretches and were close to getting the offense flowing freely most of the ST(Ny) game, then went out and had their best offensive effort vs GTech. The team was truely playing 5 as 1 meaning that no body was forcing shots early in the clock, just so they could "get theirs" but were constantly moving the ball to the next man, passing up a shot to get a better shot. When teams do that, they are very tough to defend. We saw that in the balance of scorers in the Gtech game with Pierre largely sitting on the bench.

3) the development of Scooch. Scooch wasn't ready for the bright lights during the IPFW game, he looked lazy and lost on both ends of the court during the first half. He certainly didn't look like a top 100 recruit. That was 1 game, he's been showing me ever since whey he was rated so high. He uses his long arms well to poke the ball away from the other team, he has a killer cross over, he's a good distributer, etc... "It" wasn't on display game 1, Scooch has been showcasing "It" ever since.

4) The versatility of Devin Oliver. I didn't get to see the game in real time when it was played, but listened to the game on the radio. Aftewords, I read the game thread and having known the results, you would have thought Devin didn't do a thing. I got a chance to watch the game on replay later on, and its amazing how many things Devin does to impact the game. He's a great slasher, completely unselfish distributing the ball, hustles all the way, great on the boards, can get up and block a shot... I know its a huge IF, but IF he ever figures out the 3 ball, the sky's the limit for him.

5) Team defense. This team has made great strides both since the start of the season and since last season. Archie has made several nice adjustments each game and while the results on that end of the floor are not as efficient as the results on the offensive end of the floor, they have the makings of a "solid enough" defensive team. Can they keep on improving? Can they recognize the areas the opposition is attemptingn to exploit and counter back?
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
I know its a huge IF, but IF he ever figures out the 3 ball, the sky's the limit for him.
At this point in his career, I think DMO needs to figure out that he should stop taking threes. Price, Vee, Pierre and Sibert are much better options from long distance.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (11-25-2013), Figgie123 (11-25-2013), m21eagle45 (11-25-2013), Radar (11-26-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
General

swampy I agree, but when your wide open I've got to imagine its tempting, especially if its true about him hitting a ton in practice and Archie encouraging him to take that shot when open. That could just be Bucky being Bucky, I'm not at practice, I have no idea what he looks like in practice. If Archie told him "if you take another 3 pointer your butt will be on the end of the bench" I suspect Oliver wouldn't be taking that shot. He seems like a team guy all the way around, unlike Aric Murry who would hoists 3s while at LaSalle and know that Dr G didn't have many options other than to play him since he was so talented.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Chaminade up by 4 over Baylor with 3 minutes left in the 1st half
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 PM
1st Lieutenant

AQUDXU will become famous soon enoughAQUDXU will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
swampy I agree, but when your wide open I've got to imagine its tempting, especially if its true about him hitting a ton in practice and Archie encouraging him to take that shot when open. That could just be Bucky being Bucky, I'm not at practice, I have no idea what he looks like in practice. If Archie told him "if you take another 3 pointer your butt will be on the end of the bench" I suspect Oliver wouldn't be taking that shot. He seems like a team guy all the way around, unlike Aric Murry who would hoists 3s while at LaSalle and know that Dr G didn't have many options other than to play him since he was so talented.
How about he takes 1 step in and makes an 18 footer?
Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Staff Writer

Old friend Lee Bailey, who had agreed to walk-on at UD and then took a scholarship from Chaminade has had a few good plays for the Silverswords
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Brigadier General

FlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really niceFlyerFanatic21 is just really nice
@FlyerNewsSports on Twitter has on site coverage and pictures right now.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the game will start around 12:10... 30 min between games
Old 11-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Let's go Flyers! Big game. I've got my lucky Hawaiian shirt on and sending good Flyer vibes out to Maui...
Old 11-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Seven minute break to see if that was a flagrant foul....lol. Comical

This freaking Houston and Stanford game is running late
Old 11-26-2013, 12:04 AM
General of the Air Force

Game will start over on ESPNU
Old 11-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold
Tipoff!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 12:09 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Kav looks scared.
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Kavenaugh???

Whose the brilliant one who started this guy?
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold
Good hands by Pierre forces a GU timeout.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by ChampCar; 11-26-2013 at 12:12 AM..
Old 11-26-2013, 12:13 AM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Gonna get ugly quick if they don't get strong in the paint.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:15 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing falling right now. We are rushing the offense.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Staff Writer

Paging Devon Scott
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Brigadier General

FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Jay Bilas as color commentator...I think that's a first for a UD game if I remember correctly. Gotta love the sea of red Faithful in the stands...and yeah, Kavs is getting smoked...
Old 11-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Major General

Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Did UD's Coaches See the Georgia Tech Game?

How in the world can Kavenaugh start over Scott??? What in the world is up with that?
Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 12:21 AM
General of the Air Force

16-8 Gonzaga... We gotta slow down
Old 11-26-2013, 12:22 AM

Our fans sound loud and proud. Great showing!!

We have got to slow down.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:26 AM

how many calls can we get against us??
Major

BlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of light
Whistles wore out already.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
officials have been awful. Vee was fouled and so was Scoochie
Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 AM

I don't complain about officiating...but this is ridiculous.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Major General

Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Honest truth. The Scoochie Smith offensive foul is the worst. The worst. Foul ever. I've seen
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Staff Writer

I see the zebras from the Findlay exhibition game made it to Hawaii
Posted via Mobile Device
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I think setting the alarm clock for 230 AM and getting up to watch the last 3 minutes of the foul shooting contest might be a smart thing to do, gonna be a long night at this rate

5 turnovers and 8 fouls in 8 minutes.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Stockton was moving and they called a foul on Scoochie. Terrible call. These officials are struggling.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Captain

chicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud of
We have made 4 lay ups. Some patience and we will be OK on the offensive end.
Mad Props to chicago92 For This Totally Excellent Post:
wes (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Siebert can get that lane when ever he wants it
Old 11-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Scoochie glides out there. Very smooth.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Major

.....but he's gotta get used to the college pace on offense. Rushing his shots.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:34 AM

This game is going to last until 0400 at this rate...
Old 11-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Major

BlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of light
I like having aggressive guards on our side for a change. Need to see it in the half court set in addition to transition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 AM

Thanked 17,098 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chicago92 View Post
We have made 4 lay ups...
we've also missed 4 layups.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
General of the Air Force

Gotta make shots boys!
Staff Writer

Scoochinator has to finish at the rim
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 12:38 AM

5 for 19 shooting the ball and 0 for 5 on threes. We have got to turn that around. We are getting good shots, but missing.
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
If UD hits their easy shots - they'd lead...
Posted via Mobile Device
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe if we quit playing like a$$ this could be a good game.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-26-2013)
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
We have missed at least 6 shots right at the rim.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 AM

UD needs to slow down....going up and down with the Zags isn't a good idea. Our guys looks like that JV team that it going a mile a minute while the Varsity guys are just jogging along.

Kav is the biggest puss on the team. Guy grabs a board two feet from the bucket and fades away on the put back to 10 feet while the guards try to take it strong on that stint of O boards.

Guards need to slow down and quit rushing. We have open looks on the perimeter, yet look like we are rushing them. SLOW DOWN...panic mode is not necessary.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Captain

chicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud ofchicago92 has much to be proud of
We haven't scored in 5 plus minutes...let's go.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Major

It's going to be a battle of the walk ons at this rate.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Major

Vee can't buy a shot. He doesn't look comfortable shooting the ball.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Major

Great dish by Vee on the drive. Scott was breathed on with offensive breath and gets the and one.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Major

Just can't get any momentum going. Every punch we give, we take two in return.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Major General

Back to life. Back to reality.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Major General

longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Choking on the big stage; can't convert on turnovers, giving up easy low post drops. Easily the worst they've looked all year. They need to calm down
Posted via Mobile Device
Staff Writer

Needless to say the Flyers have gotta make their FTs
Posted via Mobile Device
Captain

The last two transition baskets by the Zags show why Scott isn't starting.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Major General

Poise?

Team and coaches have lost their poise. Poor foul shooting, too much fouling, wrong players in the game...
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Major General

Mid tier A10 team. Check
Old 11-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Major

Giving up this many offensive rebounds is unforgivable, I don't care how much more size they have inside.
Major General

This game is over
Posted via Mobile Device

Gotta hit the freebies...just goes to show they are playing scared and out of whack.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 AM

Figures we get hammered in the paint when our perimeter D has been pretty good.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Major General

We might lose by 30

Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
zone has completely stifled Flyers. Afraid to shoot the threes which they will have to take and make if they want to get back in the game.
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,414 Times in 671 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
At least I can go to bed before 2
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Time to go to bed, I can review this carnage in the morning.
Captain

The zone has really stymied us. Only success is when Pierre has flashed to the middle and attacked the hoop.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:50 AM
General

Not ready for prime time? I ain't giving up, perhaps too late for this game,nbut there is a lot of season ahead
Old 11-26-2013, 12:50 AM

28% and 0-7 on 3's and only 3-8 on free throws. Between our shooting and the constant fouls this is slipping away.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Major General

SS misses 3/4 foul shots, DS misses 3/4. Everyone is playing at too fast. Hopefully they regroup to win next 2 games. At this point, a 10 point loss would be a moral victory. They did not come prepared for this game sadly
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Major

At least Robinson understands the concept of boxing out
Old 11-26-2013, 12:53 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Well at least Jay Bilas still loves us even if some of you on here don't!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Major

Buster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud of
Play fair Gonzaga! Drop the zone!
Really, noone is driving & dishing. Once someone enters the arc they're driving into the big goofus and hoping for the best...
Old 11-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Major

Just cut the lead to 10 by half. Baby steps.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Major

Robinson is there to play, quick hands on that steal
Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 AM

I like this lineup. Two bigs.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Major

Great job drawing that foul by Scott
Old 11-26-2013, 12:59 AM

Schoochie needs to play for Price. Price is just slowing us down and playing non penetration offense. We attacked really well with Schoochie.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Major

Cut the lead to nine at the half. If they can come out strong to start the second half than maybe this can be a game again.
Major

Nice finish to the half to cut it to single digits.
Posted via Mobile Device
General of the Air Force

That was a nice finish to the half... After all that only down 9... Let's go boys!
Staff Writer

Got it back to single digits at the half
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 AM
General of the Air Force

Down to 9 at the half, we are still in it.

Now lets run back the opening kickoff of the second half for a touch down and make it a game.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 AM

seniors had a rough half.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:02 AM

We all talk about defense, but this game is all about us not shooting well.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Major General

Nice heart and run by the guys the last few minutes

Gonzaga's defense is pretty tough. Blue print for every A10 team this year but not many can execute it
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:04 AM

Honestly...as bad as we were with Kav in the game with the soft interior, no jumpers, and getting killed in the paint...had we hit some freebies...this game is **** close.

This game could have gotten out of hand real quick. I think we are settling down a bit, which is good. Being down 9 with the way they actually played, means this team still has a really good shot at winning this game.

Scott needs to hit FT's, as his aggressiveness is earning him trips to the line. Need to get some penetration and reversals on the zone for some good perimeter looks. Zags aren't rebounding well out of the zone. Need to crash as they aren't pressing the break on a board.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (11-26-2013), wes (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Brigadier General

These guys are clearly good, and we played like jittery crap in the first half. But wait: The scoreboard says we are only down by single digits? So you're saying there's a chance...
Old 11-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Do you think we'll see any zones the rest of the year?
Mad Props to bobber For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:08 AM

Buick-Flyer will become famous soon enoughBuick-Flyer will become famous soon enough
We've got them all the way.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:09 AM

Thanked 17,098 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
We missed three breakaway layups (two of them just vaselined out of hands in route for a dunk), missed 2-3 inside bunnies, missed about 6 FTs, and about 3 treys toilet bowled out.

Not only could this game be close, we could be up 5. But we arent. We just shoot FTs and we overcome the Zag zone issues and this is a 1-2 possession game at the half.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 11-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Major

It's going to be real important to keep the perimeter defense up to start the second half. The Zags are known for raining threes and they don't want to get in a dogfight.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
So why did JR come out for KP? All he did was get an Offensive RB and bucket, then a steal on the other end and then he comes out? I guess he didn't miss enough layups or freebies to stay in.
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Major General

Nice last 3 mins to pull they game back within reach. Agree with everyone, we hit our foul shots alone and we'd only be down by 4. I gotta say for as badly as we played, to only be down 9 is almost unbelievable. Need to keep chipping away.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 01:15 AM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Bilas called the Flyers out (and rightly so) for passing it around the perimeter. Then, as if on cue, we don't beat the shot clock. That just can NOT happen at this point. They looked ill prepared to face and attack the zone even though - based on Arch's pre-game comments - they knew it was coming.

Did Big Boy pik up #2 or #3 with 2.9 sec to go in he half? Larry called it as #3. Gotta get some more fouls mounting on them. we are deeper.

This just in from Capt. Obvious: the Hack-a-Pangos strategy is NOT a good idea!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:16 AM
Major

I'll take luck