UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,172 Times in 4,202 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Followed by... All these numbers are improvements over last year’s OOC. And therein lies the reality of the new NCAA system. Schools like Dayton have to chip away at where the NCAA has taken them. They have to keep moving forward in a difficult situation. They have to dig themselves out. Neil, AG and their staffs have done that for this year, although the home game part of OCC isn’t where anyone wants it to be. We’ve played the cards we’ve been dealt. And I believe in the people who are playing those cards. A small step forward this year. Now AG and crew need to win and win big so we can take a much bigger step forward next year. Go Flyers!
I fail to see how this is an improvement over last year's ooc schedule. Last year we had 6 good ooc games, this year 5.

Incredibly, we chose to play even more buy games this year, 8, than last year, 7.

And we are only in the 12th best conference in the country. Unbelievable.

I sure hope we beat Georgia, otherwise we are in real trouble.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (07-30-2019)
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Second straight year without signing a H/H series is a step backward.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019), Radar (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
I see a lot of ESPN plus in my future. I’m guessing the St. Mary’s game will be on CBS Sports network, and I am really hoping the Colorado game is not on the pac 12 network.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 12:24 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Followed by... All these numbers are improvements over last year’s OOC. And therein lies the reality of the new NCAA system. Schools like Dayton have to chip away at where the NCAA has taken them. They have to keep moving forward in a difficult situation. They have to dig themselves out. Neil, AG and their staffs have done that for this year, although the home game part of OCC isn’t where anyone wants it to be. We’ve played the cards we’ve been dealt. And I believe in the people who are playing those cards. A small step forward this year. Now AG and crew need to win and win big so we can take a much bigger step forward next year. Go Flyers!
While I appreciate your continued optimism I consider the home non-conference schedule to be an abject failure by Neil and this University. It is a piece of crap. This fan base deserves better. Too much $$ being asked for and received for the friggin' upgrade and we get this?Tired of the "woe is me nobody will play us" drivel coming out of the AD's office.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:24 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Agree with the “win and win big” as the path to climb out of the scheduling hole. This year, we should roll through most of the schedule and rack up a lot of wins. Just need to pick up three or four wins from the “prime” games (Maui, St Mary’s, Buffs, VCU 2x, and maybe Davidson).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2019, 01:25 PM
General

Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Tired of the "woe is me nobody will play us" drivel coming out of the AD's office.

I know, it's like this kid I knew growing up who told everyone he would be the starting shortstop for the Yankees if only he wasn't born without arms and legs. Enough of the drivel! Kid just made excuse after excuse. Pathetic. Just get it done.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:33 PM

Thanked 17,159 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Tired of the "woe is me nobody will play us" drivel coming out of the AD's office.
You sound skeptical that P5/BE/Top-40 opponents are not willing to play Dayton -- especially at UD Arena.

Which teams do you feel were ready to play us and were waiting by the phone, but never got a call? Im sure the Ath. Dept. is no happier about the schedule and would prefer a step up, but what we ended up with wasnt for a lack of trying. I doubt another non-P5 team in the country tries harder to schedule harder than we do.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (07-30-2019), BeckysTXA (07-30-2019), jpk4ud (07-30-2019), longtimefan (07-30-2019), Sid Louick (07-30-2019), UDGutter2 (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 01:50 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
You sound skeptical that P5/BE/Top-40 opponents are not willing to play Dayton -- especially at UD Arena.

Which teams do you feel were ready to play us and were waiting by the phone, but never got a call? Im sure the Ath. Dept. is no happier about the schedule and would prefer a step up, but what we ended up with wasnt for a lack of trying. I doubt another non-P5 team in the country tries harder to schedule harder than we do.
It will be interesting to see the responses to your question.
Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (08-25-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 01:50 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I sure hope we beat Georgia, otherwise we are in real trouble.
Sky is falling. Obi should have gone Pro. This team has put all of their eggs into one basket, or more specifically, one game.

If we don't beat Georgia, we're screwed. No chance to make the tournament if we lose that one coming our of the gates.

I can't believe we pay people to come up with these schedules. Aren't there dozens of P5 schools and Top 50 programs clamoring to come to the Arena?

It's not even August and ud2 is already on his soapbox.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:51 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
I totally agree with Chris! We made our bed by not being more competitive 15 years ago and now must pay the price! In more ways than one I guess?.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute

Which teams do you feel were ready to play us and were waiting by the phone, but never got a call?
Chris - I realiz and respect the fact that you have a direct line to Neil. That's great and I enjoy reading what you are able to share. And no, I have NO idea which teams were sarcastically sitting by the phone wating for a call. I also do not know the parameters by which Neil is operating under when trying to get a P5/BE/Top-40 opponent to come here. Is he not allowed to negotiate 2-for-1's? 3-for-1's? Why aren't they answering the phone? Auburn won here. Miss St won here. X won here.

But I do know that, pound for pound, this is one of the most loyal fan bases in the country...because Neil and Eric told me so. So loyal, I guess, that to see the Flyers play anyone of substance we must go to Maui, Nassau, or Charleston over the holidays.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:09 PM

Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Of the 29 at-large BCS teams that made the 2019 NCAA Tournament -- teams you want Dayton to play -- they played a total of 0.93 true road games per team per non-con sked last year against foes not contractually obligated to play through their conference or a rivalry game they formally play every year.

So less than 1 true "stranger" road game/yr.

And you can bet of those 0.93 stranger games per team per season, most were against other BCS schools. I hope this helps clarify how small the crack in the door is to get a game from these opponents -- let alone a H/H.

8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
AlumUD (07-30-2019), BeckysTXA (07-30-2019), Gazoo (07-31-2019), JimBo (07-31-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-30-2019), longtimefan (07-30-2019), Radar (07-30-2019), Sid Louick (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 02:12 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Chris - I realiz and respect the fact that you have a direct line to Neil. That's great and I enjoy reading what you are able to share. And no, I have NO idea which teams were sarcastically sitting by the phone wating for a call. I also do not know the parameters by which Neil is operating under when trying to get a P5/BE/Top-40 opponent to come here. Is he not allowed to negotiate 2-for-1's? 3-for-1's? Why aren't they answering the phone? Auburn won here. Miss St won here. X won here.

But I do know that, pound for pound, this is one of the most loyal fan bases in the country...because Neil and Eric told me so. So loyal, I guess, that to see the Flyers play anyone of substance we must go to Maui, Nassau, or Charleston over the holidays.
Big Dance could be loaded with substance!
Old 07-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,772 Times in 935 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Final

Indiana State
Charleston Southern
Omaha
Georgia (N, Maui)
Michigan State/Virginia Tech (N, Maui)
Brigham Young/Chaminade/Kansas/Los Angeles (N, Maui)
Houston Baptist
Saint Mary's (N, Phoenix)
Drake
North Texas
Colorado (N, Chicago)
Grambling
North Florida
Old 07-30-2019, 02:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Outside of the neutral games, the home non-conference games are god-awful.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Colonel

bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
There's no doubt that outside factors play a role, but we also have to do a little self reflection.

When the H/H series' with Miss State and Auburn were scheduled, UD was coming off of four straight NCAA tournament appearances. I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb to suggest that other schools may have hit the pause button on us when we followed that up with a 14-17 season under a new coach. Posters on this thread have made similar comments regarding NKU and Brannen with UD on the other end. UD should be back in the NCAA tournament so hopefully things will begin to reverse course in that regard.

I also think we are exaggerating our plight by trying to lump us in with other mid-majors. We are playing zero true road games. How many other schools in the A10 have the financial freedom to buy that many games? A couple years back Will Wade at VCU was asking for more money in the budget to buy games, but that is not something you will hear a coach at UD need to ask about. UD is also essentially guaranteed a spot in one of the ESPN tourney's because of how well the fan base travels which isn't something common among mid-majors. All in all, Neil has luxuries that AD's at most other mid-major's could only dream of having.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:38 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris, have you had time to ask Neil about my list? Have we offered a home and home or one way road game to every team on this list?

You asked me to come up with a list, this is my list.

I just do not at all understand the strategy behind this home ooc schedule. None of those games help us at all.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=351

Last edited by ud2; 07-30-2019 at 02:43 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 02:51 PM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The opportunity is there to get big wins and make national noise in Maui. A game against a Georgia team on the rise with a potential Top 5 pick and the potential to play a top 5 team in Michigan State

The opportunity is there to do big things, just have to take advantage of it
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-30-2019), Flyer 86 (08-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:01 PM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Chris, have you had time to ask Neil about my list? Have we offered a home and home or one way road game to every team on this list?

I just do not at all understand the strategy behind this home ooc schedule. None of those games help us at all.

Our schedule has firepower and the overall SOS should not be a problem. Obviously we gotta win some of those neutral court games, but the opportunity is there.

This years home schedule is weak. Why would we offer any of the teams you listed a one way road game. A) from a SOS perspective we don't need to do that B) you want to play a true road game at Montana? Toledo? Iona?

I'd be all for a home/home series with 2/3 to 3/4 of the teams you list there. They are peer or near-peer basketball programs.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I know, it's like this kid I knew growing up who told everyone he would be the starting shortstop for the Yankees if only he wasn't born without arms and legs. Enough of the drivel! Kid just made excuse after excuse. Pathetic. Just get it done.
I shouldn't have laughed that this - but I admit I did.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (07-31-2019), UDGutter2 (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:11 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,405 Times in 2,481 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
The opportunity is there to get big wins and make national noise in Maui. A game against a Georgia team on the rise with a potential Top 5 pick and the potential to play a top 5 team in Michigan State

The opportunity is there to do big things, just have to take advantage of it
I hope the team is ready to play with a chip on their shoulders and a sense of urgency. It’s clear if they want a big name or two to come to UD Arena for 20-21, they have to win big every night. I’m confident Neil called every top 250 program. I’d be surprised if AG didn’t make some calls. And yes, those who pay for a lot of this, the fans and sponsors, get a less than stellar OOC home schedule this year. All that said, I believe in AG & Company and I believe in this team. The Flyer Faithful have always supported this program through thick and thin. Take three days to vent about this, then agree to put it to bed and get ready for a great year.

And, finally, it’s a short trip to Chicago. Plan accordingly.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
The Fly (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:11 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Let me give you a real world example from Michigan State who just announced their non-con schedule. The Spartans play a 20 game conference schedule so that leaves the following 11 game non-con schedule:

11/5 - vs Kentucky at MSG in Champions Classic
11/10 - Binghamton
11/14 at Seton Hall in Gavitt Tip-Off
11/18 Charleston Southern - Maui Invitational Game
11/25 Virginia Tech (in Maui)
11/26 Dayton/UGA (in Maui)
11/27 Maui Game
12/3 Duke - ACC/Big 10 Challenge
12/14 Oakland at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit (in-state opponent)
12/21 Eastern Michigan (in-state opponent)
12/30 Western Michigan (in-state opponent)

They have 4 buy games and 3 of those are in-state gratuities which are often done to curry political goodwill within the state. If you are MSU, why would you want to play Dayton home or away if we were not both in Maui? Replace Binghamton with Dayton?

I think you will find similar examples for most of the P5 schools. The conference expansion to 20 games plus the inter-conference challenges have reduced the non-con options considerably.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:13 PM

Thanked 10,171 Times in 5,899 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Question

False alarm.

You got your wish and got your desired 16 home games. I knew that the 15/15 talk was too good to be true, lol. I should not have fallen for the ruse.
Huh? My post had nothing to do with your fetish of 15 home games, and everything to do with the quality of the opponents and recognizable names.

I think 312to937 is what I was talking about.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Let me give you a real world example from Michigan State who just announced their non-con schedule. The Spartans play a 20 game conference schedule so that leaves the following 11 game non-con schedule:

11/5 - vs Kentucky at MSG in Champions Classic
11/10 - Binghamton
11/14 at Seton Hall in Gavitt Tip-Off
11/18 Charleston Southern - Maui Invitational Game
11/27 Maui Game
12/14 Oakland at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit (in-state opponent)
12/21 Eastern Michigan (in-state opponent)
12/30 Western Michigan (in-state opponent)

They have 4 buy games and 3 of those are in-state gratuities which are often done to curry political goodwill within the state. If you are MSU, why would you want to play Dayton home or away if we were not both in Maui? Replace Binghamton with Dayton?

I think you will find similar examples for most of the P5 schools. The conference expansion to 20 games plus the inter-conference challenges have reduced the non-con options considerably.
Did you even look at my list? There is not even 1 p5 school on my list. I fail to understand your point. What does Michigan State have anything to do with the teams on my list?
Old 07-30-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Huh? My post had nothing to do with your fetish of 15 home games, and everything to do with the quality of the opponents and recognizable names.

I think 312to937 is what I was talking about.
You whined about adamantly wanting 16 home games no matter what for the season ticket holders. You got your wish.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:25 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
with 8 home games I would taken a gamble starting a series on the road (remember the Quadrant system gives a far greater advantage). If you play a Toledo, Vermont or Murray State what do you lose if the series is a bust? A home game this year and there's a good buy caliber game on the schedule for next year
Old 07-30-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wallage View Post
Our schedule has firepower and the overall SOS should not be a problem. Obviously we gotta win some of those neutral court games, but the opportunity is there.

This years home schedule is weak. Why would we offer any of the teams you listed a one way road game. A) from a SOS perspective we don't need to do that B) you want to play a true road game at Montana? Toledo? Iona?

I'd be all for a home/home series with 2/3 to 3/4 of the teams you list there. They are peer or near-peer basketball programs.
The schedule has firepower, but I do not like that we have almost no margin for error. If we lose a couple of these, we are going to have to do very well in the A10.

What good do any of our home games do us? A one-way game at anybody on my list would help us more than any of these games do. At least we would have a shot at a q2 game. Obviously, I would prefer a home and home, but Chris keeps saying that we can not get schools to even agree to a one way game, so I am trying to figure out just how desperate the environment is by identifying which schools are rejecting which offers.

Last edited by ud2; 07-30-2019 at 03:30 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 03:33 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Let me give you a real world example from Michigan State who just announced their non-con schedule.

11/27 Maui Game
This is very bad for the Spartans. Teams tend to struggle after returning from Maui. I don't know what it is, but a lot of teams get the Aloha hangover. Duke has a tune up home game against Winthrop on Nov 29th. Look for MSU to drop that one at home.

Personally, I like having the Houston Baptist game as the first game back after Maui. Even if we sleep walk, we should survive. In 2013 we struggled to beat Delaware State 56-46 upon returning from Maui with a 6-1 overall record and an 18pt beat down of Cal.
Grambling two days before Christmas is also good. Kids are thinking about going home for the holiday. Focus may not be 100% on basketball.
Some "bad" games have a purpose.
Glen Clark (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:35 PM
General

underrated good scheduling move putting Houston Baptist as the return game after Maui. Should be able to avoid the Buffalo style let down against them
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,589 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry if this has already been asked or posted, but do we know for sure that Missouri Valley opponents Drake and Indiana State are indeed buy games, and not the start to home and home series?
Old 07-30-2019, 04:01 PM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
The schedule has firepower, but I do not like that we have almost no margin for error. If we lose a couple of these, we are going to have to do very well in the A10.

What good do any of our home games do us? A one-way game at anybody on my list would help us more than any of these games do. At least we would have a shot at a q2 game. Obviously, I would prefer a home and home, but Chris keeps saying that we can not get schools to even agree to a one way game, so I am trying to figure out just how desperate the environment is by identifying which schools are rejecting which offers.
I at least see what you're saying. Road games are always of more value to the SOS than home games. From a pure SOS perspective we should play all road games. Obviosuly that won't happen and we gotta pay the bills. If we could get a winnable Q1 road game I might be tempted.

I think the neutrals are pretty darn good this year. Yes we have to win, but we're always gonna have to win. We'll never be in a position where we can back our way into the NCAAs with a bunch of good loses.

I was thinking more from the perspective of giving the Flyer fans something good to watch at home. I can't complain about the rest of the schedule, if we win we're in a great spot. But it would be nice to have a game or two at home against someone we consider a peer or near peer.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked or posted, but do we know for sure that Missouri Valley opponents Drake and Indiana State are indeed buy games, and not the start to home and home series?
Buys.

Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 04:44 PM
General

8-0 at home, split Colorado/St. Marys and get two wins in Maui for a 11-2 record

Seems like a reasonable proposition
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-30-2019), Flyer 86 (08-31-2019), m21eagle45 (07-30-2019), MrFlyerFanatic (07-31-2019), San Diego Flyer (07-30-2019), springborofan (07-30-2019), The Fly (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 06:44 PM

Thanked 3,160 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt that anyone and I mean anyone thinks this is a good home schedule. It is what it is and they just have to win. Thank God we now have another person to complain about everyday outside of Grant. I would love to put a microscope on the complainers and watch them at work for a while and then tell them I am much better suited to do their job.

Not sure why anyone would think that Neil is not doing virtually everything in reason to present a better home schedule. If you really want to protest, stop going to games.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (07-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 06:59 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
Not sure why anyone would think that Neil is not doing virtually everything in reason to present a better home schedule. If you really want to protest, stop going to games.

ud2 doesn't go to games now. But he does go to some X games.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:13 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Yorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really nice
Problem is - each year the schedule seems to be more blah but the price keeps going up. I know if I were to give up my seats, there would be someone waiting to take them. I just have to decide going forward. Am I better off canceling my tickets and go to an away game to follow the Flyers? I don't know yet but that is what I am contemplating. Love the Flyers and will always follow them - Just not sure if it will be with my wallet.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:53 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Indiana State
Charleston Southern
Omaha
Georgia (N, Maui)
Michigan State/Virginia Tech (N, Maui)
Brigham Young/Chaminade/Kansas/Los Angeles (N, Maui)
Houston Baptist
Saint Mary's (N, Phoenix)
Drake
North Texas
Colorado (N, Chicago)
Grambling
North Florida
Looks like 13-0 to me, such an easy schedule.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:52 PM

Thanked 3,160 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Some of you folks are too young to remeber the three and four win seasons. Didnt matter who we played, we lost. I would rather see wins even against a questionable schedule. Yet through it all I drove 90 miles each way for every game. Maybe I'm just an idiot.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sea Bass (07-30-2019), UDGutter2 (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 10:00 PM

Repost your Qs in the sticky topic I made.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:24 AM
Captain

Phi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to behold
I don't completely understand what people are complaining about. For what they have to work with they have put together a really good schedule. I've seen some mention that they would rather have Rhode Island's OOC schedule. I would not. No thank you to the 2nd rate exempt tournaments and road trips to Brown. A home game with Alabama or a trip to Maryland does not offset that.

The one area where I believe there should be questions are the insistence on doing pure money grabs with HBCU schools like Grambling. I get that they are cheap to bring in but these need to be abandoned. 2 days after the neutral vs. Colorado and 2 days before Christmas. This is nothing but a money grab. Dayton can do so much better than the likes of the 300+ teams like Grambling (or Houston Baptist for that matter). All buy games should be in the ISU, Char Sou, Drake, Omaha, UNT, UNF ball park. Neil should have to speak up about that Grambling game.
Mad Props to Phi Psi Flyer '09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 08:47 AM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Phi Psi Flyer '09 View Post
I don't completely understand what people are complaining about. For what they have to work with they have put together a really good schedule. I've seen some mention that they would rather have Rhode Island's OOC schedule. I would not. No thank you to the 2nd rate exempt tournaments and road trips to Brown. A home game with Alabama or a trip to Maryland does not offset that.

The one area where I believe there should be questions are the insistence on doing pure money grabs with HBCU schools like Grambling. I get that they are cheap to bring in but these need to be abandoned. 2 days after the neutral vs. Colorado and 2 days before Christmas. This is nothing but a money grab. Dayton can do so much better than the likes of the 300+ teams like Grambling (or Houston Baptist for that matter). All buy games should be in the ISU, Char Sou, Drake, Omaha, UNT, UNF ball park. Neil should have to speak up about that Grambling game.
I think it has been stated they want much easier opponents for games where travel had just been completed, like after Maui or right before Christmas. Not all opponents have to be difficult, sometimes you need an easier game.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lowd&ProUD (08-01-2019), m21eagle45 (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 09:38 AM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
I think it has been stated they want much easier opponents for games where travel had just been completed, like after Maui or right before Christmas. Not all opponents have to be difficult, sometimes you need an easier game.
Remember Archie's first year right after winning the tournament in Orlando? The team laid an egg against Buffalo.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lowd&ProUD (08-01-2019), TXFlyerFan (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 10:14 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,340 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I know it wasn't met with a lot of enthusiasm when it was announced but won't the A10/MW challenge be an improvement over one of the games on our current OOC schedule? If the two leagues are smart and they schedule the upper tier vs. upper tier we should conceivably get a better home game one year and a good true road game the next year. Isn't that better than Grambling or Houston Baptist. Granted the travel for the away game will be significant but the game itself should be a much better game.

Also is there a chance that the A10 could also look into another challenge series with the AAC? The Big Ten plays two different challenge series. This could also add another good OOC game to our schedule in lieu of one of those aforementioned games.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-31-2019), San Diego Flyer (07-31-2019), Wallage (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 10:37 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
You whined about adamantly wanting 16 home games no matter what for the season ticket holders. You got your wish.
Really? Give me the exact quote/post in context.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:06 PM
General

Originally Posted by Phi Psi Flyer '09 View Post

With the NET ranking playing a Grambling or Coppin State last year doesn't hurt as much as the RPI
Old 07-31-2019, 01:39 PM
General

Looking at the NET last year with margin of victory, offensive/defensive efficiency the sub 300 teams aren't the land mines they were in the RPI era. With Chase potentially getting into the mix a cupcake where you can get him some minutes and play with the rotation before conference play isn't a bad thing

Playing Grambling or a good buy team there won't make a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things

Pretty clearly at this point the Committee has put the emphasis on quality wins. See Oklahoma getting a 9 seed with a 7-11 conference record last year, Ohio State getting a 11 seed with a 8-12 conference record or Iowa State getting a 6th seed with a .500 conference record

Realistically the schedule comes down to Maui, St. Mary's, Colorado, VCU, Davidson and whoever else might emerge as Quad 1/2 win in A10 play. The rest of the 20 or so games are just about avoiding bad losses
Lowd&ProUD (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Auburn and St Louis just signed a home and home for next year...let’s go fellas....clearly can be done.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by flybye View Post
Auburn and St Louis just signed a home and home for next year...let’s go fellas....clearly can be done.

Real nice ooc schedule tracker for d1:

http://barttorvik.com/cgi-bin/sked.cgi

That site also tracks every team's entire schedules as they are announced.

3 game slu vs. auburn series...neutral this year and then home and home...

https://mobile.twitter.com/studurand...192564225?s=20:

SLU's arrangement with Auburn is to play this year's game at a neutral site, although in Alabama. The teams will then play a home-and-home starting at SLU in 2021 and moving to Auburn in 2022. (Yes, skipping 2020).

SLU notable games:

At BC
Seton Hall at SLU
Kansas State neutral
Auburn neutral
Belmont at SLU

Last edited by ud2; 08-01-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Old 08-01-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Really? Give me the exact quote/post in context.
Originally Posted by TX Flyer
Blah home games are fine if we have good away games. Need as many Q1 games as possible
Posted by Jack72
Fine for you in Texas and me in NC, but not fine for the season ticket holders, who pay most of the bills.

Fair enough, you did not say exactly that, but IMO you implied that you were demanding 16 home games. I apologize.

I am frustrated, I want to step it up a notch with the schedule.

The days of getting more than 1, or maybe even just 1 p5/be/aac team, to play at the arena may be gone forever.

We may not be able do better than 5 p5/be/aac type games, 5 good games seems to be the new normal now for aspirational non-p5 teams, unless we give up a home game.

Rhode Island and Nevada are 2 non-p5 exceptions to the 5 good game rule, and both are only playing 15 home games. URI is playing 7 good games, Nevada 6 or 7, Valpo or Grand Canyon might be decent. And I am counting teams such as Davidson, BYU, WKU, and MTSU as good games. URI is playing WKU and MTSU in home and homes. And 1 of URI's good games is a one-way road game at Maryland iinm, URI is getting bought for that game iinm. Nevada is playing Davidson and BYU in home and homes iinm.

URI and Nevada seem to be doing about as good as you can do in today's environment.

https://nevadawolfpack.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=359

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-bas...19-20/schedule

Last edited by ud2; 08-01-2019 at 12:43 PM..
jack72 (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by flybye View Post
Of course it can. We just did it. But it's getting more difficult and few teams are ever going to play you 4 years in a row. Ole Miss may have been the only exception and that was exceptional circumstances because Andy Kennedy was coaching.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:51 PM
General

Consider too that the greater St. Louis area is fertile recruiting area whereas SW Ohio isn't.
m21eagle45 (08-01-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 01:04 AM
General

Tulane will play its fourth neutral-site game against Saint Louis (Dec. 8 on a trip to Phoenix, Arizona for the first game of a tripleheader at the Basketball Hall of Fame Jerry Colangelo Classic.

You can now catch a 2nd A10 team if you go to the St. Mary's game
Old 08-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,752 Times in 794 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps I’m way behind the times (likely) but I just heard today that like OSU, we too are playing Cedarville in our exhibition game.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Perhaps I’m way behind the times (likely) but I just heard today that like OSU, we too are playing Cedarville in our exhibition game.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cedarville is showing an exhibition game with Ohio State on Wednesday, October 30 but no Dayton game is showing on their web site. Their first game is against Quincy on Friday, November 8.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2019, 02:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,115 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Just announced by UD

We are playing Cedarville in our Exhibition Game on Saturday, November 2nd at 5 PM
Old 08-26-2019, 07:29 PM

TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Gonzaga just released their Non-con schedule

Nov. 1 # Lewis-Clark State Spokane Exhibition
Nov. 5 Alabama State Spokane
Nov. 9 Arkansas – Pine Bluff Spokane
Nov. 12 North Dakota Spokane
Nov. 15 Texas A&M College Station, TX
Nov. 19 % Texas-Arlington Spokane
Nov. 23 CSU Bakersfield Spokane
Nov. 27-29 Battle 4 Atlantis
Nov. 27 % Southern Mississippi Paradise Island, Bahamas
Nov. 28 % Seton Hall/Oregon Paradise Island, Bahamas
Nov. 29 % TBD Paradise Island, Bahamas
Dec. 4 Texas Southern Spokane
Dec. 8 Washington Seattle
Dec. 14 Arizona Tucson, AZ
Dec. 18 North Carolina Spokane
Dec. 21 Eastern Washington Spokane
Dec. 30 Detroit Mercy Spokane

They have one good home game with North Carolina. The rest looks like our type of home schedule. They only have two true road games, A&M and Arizona. For a team as highly ranked as they are, you'd think they'd have a much better OOC home schedule.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:40 PM
General

Washington is a road game
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2019, 08:06 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
Neutral site, not a true road game.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:59 AM
General

<a href="https://gohuskies.com/news/2019/8/8/mens-basketball-huskies-announce-2019-20-non-conference-slate.aspx" target="_blank">https://gohuskies.com/news/2019/8/8/mens-basketball-huskies-announce-2019-20-non-conference-slate.aspx</a><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Washington’s own site has it as a home game <br />
<font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile Device</i></font>

Last edited by OSU Flyer; 08-27-2019 at 09:06 AM..
Old 08-27-2019, 09:06 AM
Colonel

It's a road game and part of their ongoing H/H series.

Gonzaga has H/H's with North Carolina, Arizona, Texas A&M, and Washington.
Dayton has none.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:26 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Gonzaga just released their Non-con schedule

They have one good home game with North Carolina. The rest looks like our type of home schedule. They only have two true road games, A&M and Arizona. For a team as highly ranked as they are, you'd think they'd have a much better OOC home schedule.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by bcross View Post
It's a road game and part of their ongoing H/H series.

Dayton has none.
Regardless of whether Washington is H or N, Gonzaga has a quality tourney and 4 high level non-conference games. The Flyers have a quality tourney and 2 high level non-conference games. The A10 is better than the WCC so I'd rate the Flyers overall schedule a little higher. Home town Dayton fans may not like the home schedule but this may be the new normal.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
The A10 is better than the WCC so I'd rate the Flyers overall schedule a little higher.
I think that is debatable.

Kenpom has the wcc as the 8th best league, A10 is #11.

RPI-wise, wcc is #8, A10 #12.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 09:59 AM

Dayton has none.
How are they able to get all these home and homes when they are better than us? Wouldn't everybody be scared to play them since they are so good?

That does not mesh at all with us constantly hearing about how UD Arena is such a tough place to play.

I would like to play Arizona, Washington, and TAMU this year, I will pass on UNC.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
How are they able to get all these home and homes when they are better than us? Wouldn't everybody be scared to play them since they are so good?

That does not mesh at all with us constantly hearing about how UD Arena is such a tough place to play.

I would like to play Arizona, Washington, and TAMU this year, I will pass on UNC.
That is not what people have been saying at all. People have been saying that we are still considered a risk for those schools to play us because their fans would see us as a bad loss. Why would they take the risk to play a school like us when they can get a game against higher profile teams, or more cupcakes. It is like the Wright State argument. We should beat them when we play them, so we gain nothing if we do beat them. If we lose, it's a bad loss to our fans no matter what the advanced stats say. It is only a win-win for Wright State.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 08-27-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 11:09 AM

Most people were complaining about UD's home non-con schedule. Gonzaga, as good as they are, has ONE good home game scheduled in North Carolina. Are their fans complaining about the quality of the home schedule? That's the comparison.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:24 AM
Colonel

Most people were complaining about UD's home non-con schedule. Gonzaga, as good as they are, has ONE good home game scheduled in North Carolina. Are their fans complaining about the quality of the home schedule? That's the comparison.
It's not much of a comparison. Most would long for the day when UD has "only North Carolina" coming to UD Arena, not to mention Arizona and Washington already scheduled for the following season to make trips to UD Arena.
Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 11:38 AM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
It's not much of a comparison. Most would long for the day when UD has "only North Carolina" coming to UD Arena, not to mention Arizona and Washington already scheduled for the following season to make trips to UD Arena.

We long for the long-ago days of yore when we had top rated Mississippi State coming to the Arena, as well as top rated Auburn on the road, and neutral site games against Butler, national champion Virginia, and Oklahoma?

Yeah, those were the days.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 11:55 AM
Colonel

We long for the long-ago days of yore when we had top rated Mississippi State coming to the Arena, as well as top rated Auburn on the road, and neutral site games against Butler, national champion Virginia, and Oklahoma?

Yeah, those were the days.
Are we putting Miss State/Auburn in the same category as North Carolina/Arizona?
Old 08-27-2019, 12:24 PM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
All this talk about who plays who, why, where and when is a lot of OFA!
Winning makes things come together. There'll be plenty of other stuff to gripe about!
Mad Props to DGO67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 01:02 PM

Are we putting Miss State/Auburn in the same category as North Carolina/Arizona?
I seem to recall an Auburn team that was a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament. Arizona OTOH, is consistently overrated. And if you read through the threads of the scheduling, UD would happily schedule NC H/H, A only, whatever.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:51 PM

Other than the highest winning percentage in college basketball, 21 straight NCAA tournament appearances, three Elite Eights, a Final Four, national players of the year, All Americans, a #1 national ranking, and countless profile non league victories, the scheduling leverage comparison between Gonzaga and Dayton is apples to apples and tells us everything we need to know.

10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
CoffeeCan (08-28-2019), Flyer 86 (08-31-2019), fuz_forward (08-28-2019), Gazoo (08-28-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-27-2019), m21eagle45 (08-27-2019), Sea Bass (08-27-2019), The Fly (08-27-2019), UD62 (08-27-2019), UDGutter2 (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
That is not what people have been saying at all. People have been saying that we are still considered a risk for those schools to play us because their fans would see us as a bad loss. Why would they take the risk to play a school like us when they can get a game against higher profile teams, or more cupcakes. It is like the Wright State argument. We should beat them when we play them, so we gain nothing if we do beat them. If we lose, it's a bad loss to our fans no matter what the advanced stats say. It is only a win-win for Wright State.
Is Gonzaga literally the only non-p5/non-be team in the country that has this kind of pull? I am struggling to think of anybody else that is in their category.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,041 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Other than the highest winning percentage in college basketball, 21 straight NCAA tournament appearances, three Elite Eights, a Final Four, national players of the year, All Americans, a #1 national ranking, and countless profile non league victories, the scheduling leverage comparison between Gonzaga and Dayton is apples to apples and tells us everything we need to know.
Picky, picky...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2019, 12:42 AM
General

Is Gonzaga literally the only non-p5/non-be team in the country that has this kind of pull? I am struggling to think of anybody else that is in their category.
Memphis had some pull under Cal, not sure what Penny is getting

UC & UConn had strong schedules in American but both have good brands
Posted via Mobile Device
ud2 (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 01:15 AM
General

Davidson got a 2 & neutral with North Carolina at the Hornets arena but that’s a function of being close to Charlotte

LaSalle gets Temple & Villanova every year from the Big 5

St Louis just got a series with Auburn. I suspect having a fertile recruiting ground and a weak Mizzou/Illinois makes that game worth it for recruiting

Witcita
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2019, 01:23 AM
General

American schools like Wichita, Temple and Houston get good series

Western Kentucky got a series with Louisville with their home game in Nashville. Bowling Green is basically a Nashville exurb now

Dayton gets burned by geography that schools like Davidson can take advantage of. Southwest Ohio isn’t a recruiting hot bed or alumni base. A home neutral like we had with Louisville isn’t appealing for a lot schools

UD also doesn’t have the luck LaSalle has with the Big 5 or a tobacco fortune alum like Richmond (sets up Wake Forest Richmond series)
Posted via Mobile Device
ud2 (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 07:39 AM

The reality is we were not that good the last two years. If the next two are good, someone will take a game(s) with a top 40 team.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019), Glen Clark (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 08:52 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Just announced by UD

We are playing Cedarville in our Exhibition Game on Saturday, November 2nd at 5 PM
Cedarville has a player by the name of Demond Parker. He is from Dayton Wayne high school in Huber Heights. He is a junior. I wonder if he knows Tre Landers and. Xeryious Williams? Maybe some connections with players.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2019, 01:14 PM
General

Miss State/Auburn won 53 games last year. UNC / Arizona won 46.

Auburn beat UNC in the sweet 16. Arizona didn't lose in the NCAA tournament. Because they didn't get invited.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-31-2019), jack72 (08-28-2019), TXFlyerFan (08-28-2019), UDGutter2 (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 02:09 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
35 wins in two years makes it harder to attract top opponents. Let's watch for 50+ wins over the next two years, with multiple weeks in the top 25, a first-round NBAer or two, and an NCAA win or four, then if the 21-22 schedule resembles this one, then we can panic. Yes, I'm an optimist.

Right now, we have nothing to complain about.

Face it, UD has been pretty **** mediocre given its resources over the last four years, with three A10 one-and-dones, two NCAA one-and-dones, an NIT one-and-done, and a losing season. When the results on the court match up with the institutional metrics, then and only then can we fairly judge things like scheduling and conference affiliation that this forum spends so much energy on.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Graphicsguy (08-28-2019), John C. (08-28-2019), shocka43 (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,618 Times in 2,467 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...6sCBBA_sSSzMKs
Old 08-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Colonel

Miss State/Auburn won 53 games last year. UNC / Arizona won 46.

Auburn beat UNC in the sweet 16. Arizona didn't lose in the NCAA tournament. Because they didn't get invited.
I seem to recall an Auburn team that was a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament. Arizona OTOH, is consistently overrated. And if you read through the threads of the scheduling, UD would happily schedule NC H/H, A only, whatever.
Mississippi State/Auburn are not on the same level as a program as North Carolina. This is the point I am making but you already knew that.

To say that UD fans long for the day a blue blood program visits UD Arena isn't even a debatable statement. Go read the threads back when the Auburn/Miss State games were scheduled and if you feel fans would have that same reaction to North Carolina than I guess we'll disagree. I'd also be willing to bet it would sell out long before the day before the game like Miss State, but I'm just crazy.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,340 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Mississippi State/Auburn are not on the same level as a program as North Carolina. This is the point I am making but you already knew that.

To say that UD fans long for the day a blue blood program visits UD Arena isn't even a debatable statement. Go read the threads back when the Auburn/Miss State games were scheduled and if you feel fans would have that same reaction to North Carolina than I guess we'll disagree. I'd also be willing to bet it would sell out long before the day before the game like Miss State, but I'm just crazy.
Who fans want to see and who gives us a better OOC rating are two different things in some years.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Who fans want to see and who gives us a better OOC rating are two different things in some years.
The question I replied to was about fans complaining and their opinions.
Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 04:28 PM
General

North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas play a combined average of approximately 1 true OOC road game per year. (Only slightly exaggerating) There are about 350 disappointed fan bases if that's your measuring stick.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:43 PM
Colonel

North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas play a combined average of approximately 1 true OOC road game per year. (Only slightly exaggerating) There are about 350 disappointed fan bases if that's your measuring stick.
Not my measuring stick. North Carolina was the specific name mentioned in the post I replied to and I gave an opinion about them.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Man I cannot wait for the season. This year’s out of season threads have been brutal...
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sticks 'n Stearns (08-29-2019), UD62 (08-28-2019), UDDude (08-29-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 06:44 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Man I cannot wait for the season. This year’s out of season threads have been brutal...

Wait until we lose a couple games.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-28-2019), TXFlyerFan (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 09:26 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Wait until 2025?!?!? That is a long time.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (08-29-2019), sheg (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 08:39 AM
General

Not my measuring stick. North Carolina was the specific name mentioned in the post I replied to and I gave an opinion about them.

False. You said ". . . fans long for the day a blue blood program visits UD Arena. . . ". So I responded with Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, UNC.

And if that's your measuring stick, about 350 programs are disappointed every year.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:40 AM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
This thread makes me long for the days when we changed our logo.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sticks 'n Stearns For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (08-29-2019), jack72 (08-29-2019), Ready Action (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 11:45 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Sticks 'n Stearns View Post
This thread makes me long for the days when we changed our logo.
I'll see your new logo and raise you a Gem City Jam.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Brad S. (08-29-2019), Bucketnight (08-31-2019), Flyer 86 (08-31-2019), Ready Action (08-29-2019), Sticks 'n Stearns (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 01:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,752 Times in 794 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Or AG leaves 2 TOs in the bank at the end of a 20 pt win
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-29-2019, 02:45 PM
Colonel

False. You said ". . . fans long for the day a blue blood program visits UD Arena. . . ". So I responded with Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, UNC.

And if that's your measuring stick, about 350 programs are disappointed every year.
LOL, no. I responded to this post.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:14 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I see your Gem City Jam and raise you some "bring back Columbia Blue!"
Mad Props to NorthwestFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Columbia Blue (08-30-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,537 Times in 782 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
The new logo is counterfeit currency, just sayin’.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:13 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,629 Times in 765 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, I am just emerging from a long summers nap. When does the schedule come out?
Old 08-30-2019, 10:09 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
Sorry, I am just emerging from a long summers nap. When does the schedule come out?
It's out, Mr. Can. Weakest home slate in years.
https://daytonflyers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Dates TBA for conference play, but here are the matchups. Go Flyers.
http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticl...CLID=211805686
Mad Props to Columbia Blue For This Totally Excellent Post:
DGO67 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 07:47 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of
Any game times announced yet? Looking specifically for the vs. St. Mary’s(CA) game.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2019, 11:22 PM
Brigadier General

Athlon Sports BB edition is out.
Coverage of the Flyers sounds like they did their research by reading
UDPride. They have us one and done in the Big Dance.