Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Just off the Jet

HotSauce will become famous soon enoughHotSauce will become famous soon enough
Flyer Pain - Tell me I'm crazy

I haven’t been a Flyer Fan for 50 years, but I’ve been a fan long enough to experience true Flyer Pain. I’ve seen the Flyers excite a fan base to the point of hysteria, only to give us soul crushing defeat. I am conditioned to accept Flyer Pain as part of being a Flyer. With each success, in the back of my head, is a “maximum pain scenario”. So please forgive me for what I’m about to say. I’m not a troll, I’m not an x fan, I’ve simply been though too much Flyer Pain and I’m embracing for the next blow.

Archie is doing an incredible job with six scholarship players (seven counting a D.Rodgers return). Archie and team will keep winning. The national publicity will steadily increase as the season goes along, highlighting the beastly coaching job Archie has put forth last year and this year - and the pure basketball clinic this team puts on for thier opponents each and every night.

Due to the success and publicity of this year – Archie, seeing the bare cupboard leaves for whatever job.

We are left with five scholarship players after Siebert and Bass graduate. Our incoming recruits retract their LOI (as they did when Gregory left), and our new coach is left with only five players with no incoming recruits.

The program is sent back to the dark ages and we all yearn for what once was.

Tell me I’m wrong. Tell me I’m crazy. I need to hear it.
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
The cupboard won't be bare - not a reason for Archie to leave.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
What planet are you living on?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 66flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (01-10-2015), UDBaby (01-09-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, you're crazy.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

ud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of light
HotSauce, learn to enjoy the moment. I understand your viewpoint because all UD Fans have experienced many seasons filled with high expectations followed by big downfalls. Archie will someday leave UD, but he's here now and it is a blast to watch our UD Flyers!
I don't know if it will take another 30 years for UD to make the Elite 8 again or if we can get to the Final 4 within the next 5 years. Who knows? We can worry about the future or simply enjoy what has happened to the team. I choose to enjoy this season. In a way, I really don't want this season to end. It has been a pleasure to watch the guys play.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AustinFlyer (01-08-2015), Bonziflyer (01-09-2015), Garson (01-09-2015), GoFlyer (01-09-2015), Justin (01-09-2015), LI Flyer (01-09-2015), NYCFLYER (01-09-2015), SeasonTicketFan (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I need a glass of milk after that hotsauce.
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD90 (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Arch will be a HOT commodity.

I believe the man has a possible scenario that has a low probability, but nevertheless COULD happen. First, Archie IMO is in a grouping of 3/4 of the best high major coaches in the nation. This current configuration of basketball is showing off his skills terrifically. We are fun to watch and he is getting the most out of every player. And it's a continuation of the same ball we played in the E8. Hot item.

Second, while the cupboard is NOT bare, one or two recruits may have come to Dayton just for Archie. Detwon and Steve are question marks.

The dark ages comment is NOT likely to happen. But a new coach, with a new system could spell regression for the program for a season or two. Maybe the NIT. Most would consider that regression.

We should enjoy every game this season. Who knows what the future brings? This team feels a bit like the run the NIT Championship team made. A clinic in how good basketball is played. Arch is getting all the exposure he rightly deserves. Enjoy the ride folks.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Cupboard bare? Where? Certainly not UD. Come forth to 2015 and stop revisiting the JOB years. All's well here.

Certainly Archie will not retire here at UD but he is in no hurry nor should he be. Wait patiently for the right job to open, till then take Dayton to the promised land.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I come to the board after a fantastic win and this is the first post I see??? I don't know why anyone would even take the time to post this. I see he has one post since 2003, and this is it?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (01-09-2015), Smitty10 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Hotsauce

Amen! Crawl back into the woodwork.
Mad Props to 66flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 11:25 PM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure where the 5 scholarship players comes in either, we have 8 next year even if all of the frosh decommitt.

Just hire one of AM's assistants if he leaves and keep this program truckin along.

Rogers, Cooke, Pierre, Smith, Davis, Pollard, McElvene, and baby d.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:34 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Life is about the journey, not the destination. Enjoy the ride.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NYCFLYER (01-09-2015), wes (01-09-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Hotsauce. Just off the jet. 1 post. Long time reader. 1st time writer. A little paranoia.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:54 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
wtf

Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
. . . Due to the success and publicity of this year – Archie, seeing the bare cupboard leaves for whatever job . . . Tell me I’m wrong. Tell me I’m crazy. I need to hear it.

You're wrong (I'm not sure about crazy), but Archie's cupboard isn't bare.
The bare cupboard might be yours (you know - where you usually keep your meds)

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Glen Clark For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (01-10-2015), UDEE79 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 12:14 AM

Thanked 17,093 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
If guys like Jay Wright and JTIII and Mark Few can find their happy place at a basketball-only school, whats to prevent Dayton from being that same sort of happy-place destination job that pays a competitive salary with the big programs yet has all the perks of being the only game in town without the dark shadow of Power-5 football cannibalizing your community buzz?

The grass is not always greener. Ask our women's basketball coach. Nobody accuses Gonzaga any longer of "being in the wrong league" and unable to be an NCAA tournament favorite.

Love or hate Brian Gregory, but I doubt he leaves for any job not named Michigan State if he had this program rollin' and not in the 8-8 A10 malaise. He and his family liked the fit and felt an ownership of the program. The Gregorys STILL love Dayton.

Hopefully Archie feels the same way. BG did not leave b/c of money and our current coach wont either. UD will always make it a difficult choice if they like the coach they have. But lets not put carts before horses. Lets figure out how to beat Fordham.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (01-09-2015), Bat'71 (01-09-2015), CJ43 (01-10-2015), Figgie123 (01-09-2015), flyerfanatic86 (01-09-2015), Garson (01-09-2015), Ivan (01-09-2015), Radar (01-09-2015), shocka43 (01-09-2015), UD_Earl (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 12:27 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Willy418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly418 is a glorious beacon of light
Agree Chris R! Grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the water bill is higher. A friend was at the GTech vs Syracuse game at GTech and he said there were more Syracuse fans than Gtech fans!
Mad Props to Willy418 For This Totally Excellent Post:
wes (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 02:44 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry, but this guy has to be a troll, might be from X, might be from any of our A10 opponents. But no matter what happens the rest of this season or after, last season's Elite Eight appearance is a pain killer for many years for a Flyer fan. We might hope for more, but pain is the last thing on our minds at this point in time.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh, a simple '"Cool Hand Luke" syndrome--
"I got my mind right, I got it right boss. I'll do anything you say, but I can't take anymore."

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate. You're gonna get your mind right. And I mean RIGHT."

I will rehabilitate you HotSauce by virtue of "Archie's Adventures in Wonderland". Your penance is to go there and post that you are sorry.
Trust me. I think you are sorry.

I'm gonna get all your minds right.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to forego1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (01-09-2015), UDEE79 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
I still look at the Sean Miller template. Sean stayed at XU until a premium job opened up. I think there are about 20 premium jobs in the country. Several have coaches that are getting close to retirement (Boeheim, Coach K, Izzo) but most have lineage that will probably be considered first (Wojo at Duke, etc).

A school like Kansas that has resources and tradition but not a coaching legend that has successful lineage will be his target. A school like Kansas St will not.

My gut tells me that AM will be here for another 5 years. The only risk I see after this year is if Indiana fires Crean.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:05 AM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I appreciate the sentiments, hotsauce. When you're tortured for so long you expect more torture not kindness.

But in this case past performance (JOB, BG) is not necessarily indicative of future results. When AM leaves, we'll get another coach. And that coach will see that UD has a very high value, and be honored to take the job. If managed correctly we will not necessarily fall into another average coach.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't worry about something over which you can't control. Sit back and enjoy the ride particularly after last night's win at SBU.

However, to increase your paranoia, one criticism about Doug Marrone, who left Syracuse to coach the Bills and now left the Bills, and other coaches, is the comment that coaches all have "one eye on their next coaching position."

Does that make you feel more secure? R-E-L-A-X
Mad Props to Flyer68 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I get the feeling that AM won't leave until he's ready and the right job is available. That's in the conjunctive. AM is learning on the job. He was open about recognizing the need for change last January. He's clearly learned a lot about ball movement this year. He's learned a bit about character and commitment to change this year. I just don't see him jumping to a destination school until he is ready. I can see that taking 5+ years. It makes sense.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:42 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
The incoming players should be awesome. Archie can achieve more than he already has
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
I too see him following his brother's lead and waiting for a big time program to come calling.

If he has any thoughts of leaving for a team lower than a top 20 program he should have a talk with Dayton's vball head coach Tim Horsmon. Tim had NCAA success with Dayton then left to coach Maryland. He had ties to Maryland, a big name school with no recent vball success. He was not able to turn the Maryland program around during his 5 year stay. Now he is back coaching the Flyers, and back coaching in the NCAA tournament. If anyone can get across that sometimes it pays off to stay at Dayton, it's the UD success story of Tim Horsmon.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udisit19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-09-2015), Figgie123 (01-09-2015), Ivan (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Captain

Dogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant future
Let's not give hotsauce too hard of a time. His "timing" might have been off, but the question is not so crazy. Because of the injuries and dismissals, we are particularly reliant on next years Freshmen (and Steve M). If that class comes in as planned, I think we have the chance to get on a Gonzaga/Xavier type run. However, it is fragile right now. If we were to lose Archie after this year, the class could fall apart. The roadmap is in place for the next coach, but it would be a delay in our progress.

As Springborofan said, my biggest concern is IU. You would have to think that job is worth Archie giving it a listen.

Ultimately, as many have said, we can't worry about what is outside our control. What is within our control is enjoying this amazing coach and group of kids as they pour their hearts into representing UD.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
IU is 11-4 and Crean may have turned the corner
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Just off the Jet

Thank you all for talking me off the ledge. You are correct that I need to sit back and enjoy and I will do that. I'm just conditioned like a dog who is beaten with a newspaper to be scared of all newspapers. Thus, I fear any and all Flyer Success is only a means to a greater Flyer Pain. Flyer Pain has been such a staple of my Flyer Life, I can't help but fear it.

I wake up in the middle of the night and wonder what Brian Roberts could have done in the NCAA Tournament. My Flyer Soul is weak and needs nurturing - thank you for helping me. The E8 run was a euphoric experince ('a' or 'an' before euphoric?). But I fear the pain. The pain lurks inside my Flyer Soul and it waits.

Together we can crush the pain. This will be fixed. I will make my pilgrimage to The Arena and The Faithful will restore me.

God bless The University of Dayton Flyers.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to HotSauce For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (01-09-2015), San Diego Flyer (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
If your Flyer Soul is hurting after an Elite 8 run and the way these guys have been playing this year with the adversity they have dealt with...you need to see a Psychiatrist...and crush some Xanax to snort.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
HotSauce

I thought I was the only one who still agonized about what the Brian Roberts/Chris Wright season could have been . . .

I am also a Cubs fan. I "feel" your pain.

But I have never stopped believing and hoping - and enjoying the ride
Old 01-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
HotSauce....I'll reply to your post but before I do would you mind answering the following questionnaire regarding the picture posted below?

1. Bikini is way too small. She should wear something that fits
2. Horrible smile
3. Messy hairdo. My God girl, who is your beautician?
4. Necklace isn't hanging properly.
5. Wow.

12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-09-2015), CJ2etc (01-09-2015), ClaytonFlyerFan (01-10-2015), forego1 (01-09-2015), Fudd (01-10-2015), LI Flyer (01-09-2015), San Diego Flyer (01-09-2015), shocka43 (01-09-2015), Smitty10 (01-09-2015), swish61 (01-10-2015), TommyGola (01-10-2015), ud2 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
UDBaby, where the hell did you come up with that? That was the best!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 PM
1st Lieutenant

sabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to allsabo2 is a name known to all
UdBaby, best come back post ever. Hotsauce can't be a real fan. Only through the pain, can you feel the joy. I cried tears of joy when UD beat OSU last year. You will never feel that. Archie may leave someday. If its right for him, then Godspeed. The school, tradition and flyer faithful will continue. I suggest you follow Kentucky, you won't feel as much pain.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:05 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
That Elite 8 run erased my pain from 2000, 2003, 2004, 2008, and 2010. I feel no pain.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (01-09-2015), Smitty10 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 01:36 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBaby View Post
HotSauce....I'll reply to your post but before I do would you mind answering the following questionnaire regarding the picture posted below?

1. Bikini is way too small. She should wear something that fits
2. Horrible smile
3. Messy hairdo. My God girl, who is your beautician?
4. Necklace isn't hanging properly.
5. Wow.

I want it known that I thanked UDBaby after reading the 5 points. How many of you thanked him before reading?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
forego1 (01-09-2015), Fudd (01-10-2015), UDBaby (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 01:37 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I want it known that I thanked UDBaby after reading the 5 points. How many of you thanked him before reading?
What 5 points?
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
forego1 (01-09-2015), Smitty10 (01-09-2015), swish61 (01-10-2015), TA111 (01-09-2015), ud2 (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
What 5 points?
I have had tears from laughing so hard.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Pass that pipe to me and whatever awesomeness is in it next time instead of around the circle. Cupboard bare? You realize Baby D,Dyshawn and the Super Sophs all have eligibility beyond this year right?

Not to mention Steve,Cooke and the 4 headed solid recruiting class. Archie would be a fool to leave unless a top 10 job comes calling
Old 01-10-2015, 12:26 PM
General

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Pass that pipe to me and whatever awesomeness is in it next time instead of around the circle. Cupboard bare? You realize Baby D,Dyshawn and the Super Sophs all have eligibility beyond this year right?

Not to mention Steve,Cooke and the 4 headed solid recruiting class. Archie would be a fool to leave unless a top 10 job comes calling
And hopefully Rogers.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Pass that pipe to me and whatever awesomeness is in it next time instead of around the circle.
My thoughts exactly..... Don't bogart that joint HotSauce

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (01-11-2015), mikeymo85 (01-10-2015), sheg (01-10-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
I want a questionaire!!!
Mad Props to swish61 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBaby (01-10-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by swish61 View Post
I want a questionaire!!!
Questions? Questions are a waste. Ask UDBaby for a couple pointers and the answer to life.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udisit19 View Post
I too see him following his brother's lead and waiting for a big time program to come calling.

If he has any thoughts of leaving for a team lower than a top 20 program he should have a talk with Dayton's vball head coach Tim Horsmon. Tim had NCAA success with Dayton then left to coach Maryland. He had ties to Maryland, a big name school with no recent vball success. He was not able to turn the Maryland program around during his 5 year stay. Now he is back coaching the Flyers, and back coaching in the NCAA tournament. If anyone can get across that sometimes it pays off to stay at Dayton, it's the UD success story of Tim Horsmon.
Posted via Mobile Device
You can also add Coach Jabir to that same storyline. Successful coach at Marquette left for the promised land at Providence where he failed to bring the friars to national prominence and was fired. He too knows a thing about leaving for what may appear greener pastures only to find out it wasn't as green as thought. Neither Tim nor Jabir got the support they had at their previous stints and learned its best to stay where you are and build from there.

Wouldn't be surprised to see both TH and JJ to retire at UD. As for AM he will have to have the same support from the community, administration and students before he would leave. Agreed a top perennial 20 program or bust.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

ud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
Agreed a top perennial 20 program or bust.
Agree, but with one exception. I have a feeling if NC State (which is not a top 20 program) comes calling for Archie, he will seriously consider the job because of his and wife's NC background. So I think we should all root that NC State has a decent record year after year so they never fire their coach.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-10-2015), Columbia Blue (03-16-2020), swish61 (01-11-2015)
Old 03-16-2020, 03:23 PM
Just off the Jet

I’ve seen the Flyers excite a fan base to the point of hysteria, only to give us soul crushing defeat. I am conditioned to accept Flyer Pain as part of being a Flyer. With each success, in the back of my head, is a “maximum pain scenario”.
I had no idea what a "maximum pain scenario" even was until now. Flyer Pain is a real thing.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to HotSauce For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-18-2020), UDEE79 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 05:10 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
I had no idea what a "maximum pain scenario" even was until now. Flyer Pain is a real thing.
Big Steve was still alive as you wrote that as well. God has delivered us Coach Grant. We will be fine.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerinChicago For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-18-2020), HotSauce (03-17-2020)