User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
How is the Forecast?

Where did I expect the Flyers to be at this point? 12-7 overall and 3-3 in A-10 play. They are actually one game ahead of schedule in conference play. Dayton has won games over teams with a combined record of 90-136. I am very concerned with UD's poor defense and and lousy foul shooting. While near the top in scoring in A-10 play the Flyers as a team cannot score at the end of the half or the end of the game. As a team they seem to be ill prepared for end of game situations. This malady starts from the top down. The opposing coaches appear to know Dayton's tendencies and know how to stop them. Can this be corrected? We will find out at Fordham on Saturday. Good luck Flyers. Hope you get better.
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking to my wife during the game last night, and I basically told her that we are still in "next year is the year" mode. She was wondering why we basically play the same 6-7 people all night. Because that's all we have.

I got excited when we hung with some good teams in the non-con, but last night tells me that they're either getting tired, or got lucky with those results. This is still a potential NIT team and a top 4 in the conference team, but top 4 in the A10 this year is no great shakes.

And you should never be losing at home to this George Mason team. Effort was not there.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 03:23 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,167 Times in 5,895 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
This team does get tired. I will be one of the first ones to argue that these are young kids who can run all day, but there is more than one condition of tired. Guys like our top six can play all 40 minutes, but in the last five some may hit a bit of a wall. We see it in free throw shooting, other shots, passes and defense. Some kids psychologically fight right through it and have little mind games they play to make sure they do not let up. Others let it effect their free throw, passes, picks, rebounding and defense.

The other "tired" comes from going through classes, study, staying up late and travel. At this point in the season it sets in by a small amount for teams with the shortest bench. Adrenalin will push you through in the NCAA tourney, but not so much in the grind of twice a week conference games.

We played a bit tired yesterday, and understandably so. Lack of effort? Not really, but tired can wear that disguise.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-24-2019), CvilleFlyer (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,196 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I believe that the loss of Matos has hurt. I believe this topic has been discussed to some degree in another thread.