Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 PM
1st Lieutenant

steve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nice
Payne writeup by ESPN from Super Showcase

Reggie Rankin of ESPN had a summary of the standout players at the just completed U-16 AAU Super Showcase in Orlando (Link summary posted below). Mention of UD commit Juwan Staten of tourney champion All Ohio Red. Under surprise players Rankin raves about Adreiane Payne....compares him to a right handed Sam Perkins. Terrific evaluation of AP. Now lets complete the deal and get him in UD colors....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=3504715
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,595 Times in 5,091 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
One of the reasons I love the idea of landing Payne is for his shot-blocking ability. I think a great shot blocker can carry you a long way in college basketball, and I think Payne has the potential to be that kind of a guy. He has all of the tools to do it; great length, including long arms, quick leaping ability, and some natural instinct. Remember what the defenses of Penn State and Saint Joe's were like when they had tremendous shot blockers backing up pretty good perimeter defenders? That kind of combination can create a dominating defense.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:10 PM

udflyerfan07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Sounds like from other sources that all the big boys are coming after him now. Gonna be tough competition to land him. I hope he sticks to the first 4-5 that have gone after him...UD, X (although this would be horrible), WVU, UC, or OSU..........if he keeps to those 5, I like our chances..but if the UNC, Memphis, ect start courting him...it will be tough.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
He is a top 100 recruit. He will be recruited by some big schools. Very few people have the chance to be home town heroes and lead their team into a final four. Ask Donnie May whether people in Dayton have forgotten what he accomplished. Adriane can be the final piece needed for some big runs in the NCAA. If making history and leading his team to the final four is important to him then UD will be the front runner.

If he holds a press conference later on and puts that UD hat on it will be worth the wait
Old 07-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
He is a top 100 recruit. He will be recruited by some big schools. Very few people have the chance to be home town heroes and lead their team into a final four. Ask Donnie May whether people in Dayton have forgotten what he accomplished. Adriane can be the final piece needed for some big runs in the NCAA. If making history and leading his team to the final four is important to him then UD will be the front runner.

If he holds a press conference later on and puts that UD hat on it will be worth the wait
Good point. Few people have the opportunity to be home town heroes 40 years after their accomplishment like May. Bill Hosket went to the Final Four with Ohio State. Who around here cares?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,196 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love for BG to sign this kid. UDBrian, you make a very strong point! Longtime......Bill Who?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:17 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
I'd love for BG to sign this kid. UDBrian, you make a very strong point! Longtime......Bill Who?
Bill Hosket - he was a good buddy of Tom Petty. He was May's high school teammate at Belmont. He was a heck of a player but he's long forgotten around here since he went to OSU instead of UD.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,196 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Bill Hosket - he was a good buddy of Tom Petty. He was May's high school teammate at Belmont. He was a heck of a player but he's long forgotten around here since he went to OSU instead of UD.
Longtime, I know very well who Bill Hoskett is. It was an attempt to be funny. Hoskett also was drafted ahead of Don May and was a teammate of May's with the Knicks. Now,....who is Tom Petty?
Old 07-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Longtime, I know very well who Bill Hoskett is. It was an attempt to be funny. Hoskett also was drafted ahead of Don May and was a teammate of May's with the Knicks. Now,....who is Tom Petty?
Both were on the 1964 State Champs [Belmont],Knicks NBA Champs and both lead their teams to the Ncaa Final 4, not bad run for 2 guys that played BB locally

Last edited by Atlantic 10; 07-28-2008 at 07:15 PM..
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 PM

I'm kinda slow. If you're trying for some subtle humor you better use a smiley face. Tom Petty? Never heard of him.

Edit: OK, you know who he is, you just don't know how to spell his name.

Last edited by longtimefan; 07-28-2008 at 07:17 PM..
Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I'm kinda slow. If you're trying for some subtle humor you better use a smiley face. Tom Petty? Never heard of him.

Edit: OK, you know who he is, you just don't know how to spell his name.
LOL, why should we know how to spell Hosket's name? Did he play for UD

On a more serious note there is no question that Don May's name is revered in the Dayton area and it is because he led dayton to the championship game (with some great teammates). Serious bball fans have probably heard of Hosket but many more people in this area know what Don May did at UD.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
Yo Adreian, pull the trigger (for UD)....
Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,501 Times in 819 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
Both were on the 1964 State Champs [Belmont],Knicks NBA Champs and both lead their teams to the Ncaa Final 4, not bad run for 2 guys that played BB locally
I went to Belmont but never heard of Don May until I got to UD.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer Hub will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
That's about as bad as saying I went to North Carolina, but never heard of Michael Jordan until I moved to Chicago.

Seriously, you went to Belmont and never heard of Don May?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
What year did you graduate? Didnt you ever see or look at the trophy case in the main hall of the school? I came out in '68
Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer Hub View Post
Seriously, you went to Belmont and never heard of Don May?
My nephew's son went to C-Ville and never heard of Belmont.

Man, where did those 40 years go?