Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Seton Hall is a Catholic University with a student enrollment @9600. Very similar to UD only is much closer to his home. (or maybe you were responding to the Minn reference)
Yes , comparing Minnesota to Seton Hall.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-23-2017)
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2017, 09:10 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
From looking at SH website, it appears that SH is very confident of getting him. It has his interest in UD and Minnesota as "warm" and "warmer" as to SH.

I don't think there is any comparison of the campuses. SH is located in an area of South Orange, NJ, a suburb of Newark, which was once a real nice area but is slowly going down with safety issues off campus. But it is close to NYC and the Big East and they play their home games in Newark.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
From looking at SH website, it appears that SH is very confident of getting him. It has his interest in UD and Minnesota as "warm" and "warmer" as to SH.

I don't think there is any comparison of the campuses. SH is located in an area of South Orange, NJ, a suburb of Newark, which was once a real nice area but is slowly going down with safety issues off campus. But it is close to NYC and the Big East and they play their home games in Newark.
Believe it or not ... but there are a lot of good things / places in NJ. The 'Jersey Shore', Delaware River Gap, mountains to the northwest with places to ski.

But South Orange/Newark an't one of those places.

But if the kid wants to go to SH then so be it. Good luck to him.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Seems odd that he made a decision, and then postponed the decision a day. Maybe he is checking with UD to see if there will be an open scholarship. There are some variables: is Sam Miller as good as gone? Is Mikesell too damaged to continue paying after the surgery? Will Cunningham do the grad transfer thing? Is Toppin going to join Detwon Rogers on the Mount Rushmore of players who never play? Maybe Nelson is checking this out further, or getting confirmation that there won't be an open scholarship.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:14 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Its not like Anthony is the the only young man that Grant is recruiting at the moment, if Nelson wants to commit to UD, I'm sure Grant will gladly accept his LOI in a few weeks and commitment prior to then. Sam may or may not come back, but to hold open a spot for him at the moment, in lieu of a 4 star, top 100 commit that wanted to play for you next season seems foolish; its not like Grant can count on Miller at this point. Perhaps Miller is working his way back, perhaps he's committed to returning to UD as both a student (if he's not currently enrolled already) and a basketball player. If so, there will likely be some way he'll be able to continue down that path, be it another scholarship opens up due to the circumstances you described above or he has to pay his own way. If Nelson wanted to come to UD (I have no idea), Grant would be a fool to hold off because Sam Miller may finally reach his potential after 2 years of showing little substance prior.

Could be a million reasons why he held off a day. Perhaps his mother, father, uncle, coach, best friend, girlfriend, etc. got sick and couldn't make it yesterday, and he really wanted that person there when he made his deceleration. Perhaps he was 99% sure, but had a dream, thought or experience over the weekend that made him question that decision. Perhaps he's chosen to attend school out of the area (ie not at seton hall) and one of the people above has asked him to reconsider, that they will miss him. Or perhaps life just happened and it had to be pushed back; it happens.

Last edited by Medford; 10-24-2017 at 11:17 AM..
Old 10-24-2017, 11:25 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Widget View Post
Seems odd that he made a decision, and then postponed the decision a day. Maybe he is checking with UD to see if there will be an open scholarship. There are some variables: is Sam Miller as good as gone? Is Mikesell too damaged to continue paying after the surgery? Will Cunningham do the grad transfer thing? Is Toppin going to join Detwon Rogers on the Mount Rushmore of players who never play? Maybe Nelson is checking this out further, or getting confirmation that there won't be an open scholarship.
Why would you think Toppin will never play? I totally do not get that one.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:23 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
Believe it or not ... but there are a lot of good things / places in NJ. The 'Jersey Shore', Delaware River Gap, mountains to the northwest with places to ski.

But South Orange/Newark an't one of those places.

But if the kid wants to go to SH then so be it. Good luck to him.
And there's just so much that's great n' Dayton, huh?
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
PFlyer (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 01:04 PM
1st Lieutenant

Sitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Yes, UD. Academics, Campus, Fanbase, NCAA bids next season and beyond....
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Sitdowndigger For This Totally Excellent Post:
superfan99 (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 02:15 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
I would think the biggest draw for him to Seton Hall is that it is across the river from his home. If it is important to him that his family and friends get to come to his games that could be the clincher.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:22 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I hear ya! But just like every other place there are pluses and minuses ...

Playing BB inside in the winter probably means he isn't interested in the ski slopes of NJ!

However that Jersey Shore ..... now we know Dayton Ohio does not have that. AND pizza .... no area makes pizza as good as the NY/NJ area.

Sorry Milano's and Cassano's
Old 10-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Most kids could care less about the area surrounding the campus.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:28 PM
1st Lieutenant

Sitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
I would think the biggest draw for him to Seton Hall is that it is across the river from his home. If it is important to him that his family and friends get to come to his games that could be the clincher.
I understand he plays for an east coast team now....but is he, some family, from KY?..http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Cordias-two-seniors-praised-by-tournament-MVP-Anthony-Nelson-367315031.html
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sitdowndigger View Post
I understand he plays for an east coast team now....but is he, some family, from KY?..http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/C...367315031.html
Posted via Mobile Device
No. He is from NJ. He and several other players from all over ended up at Cordia HS in Kentucky when former UK player Rodrick Rhodes took the head coaching job there.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Colonel

Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sitdowndigger View Post
I understand he plays for an east coast team now....but is he, some family, from KY?..http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/C...367315031.html
Posted via Mobile Device
He plays in Connecticut but he is from Harlem.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:52 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by C-time View Post
No. He is from NJ. He and several other players from all over ended up at Cordia HS in Kentucky when former UK player Rodrick Rhodes took the head coaching job there.
Then his family can watch at lasalle st joes Fordham......I go back to school vs school ncaa bid potential, Fanbase campus academics women's soccer team and Alabama slammers at flannigans
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't we just wait until he makes his decision.

NJFlyr75 - I know all about NJ. I have lived here for 65 years and I agree with you. But when I was in Dayton, 64-68, the pizza at Dinos was excellent. I think I ate hundreds - particularly during basketball season.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Anthony Nelson just announced he will be committing tomorrow instead of today. I think this can only be good news since many thought Seton Hall was a forgone conclusion.

https://twitter.com/TheAntNelson_11/status/922608177543294979
I am still optimistic. Seton Hall still has their eyes on two other players. Markquis Nowell, 5'8" 160 lbs. from Bishop Loughlin High School in Harlem, NY who is described as, "one of the top pt. guards nationwide regardless of class." "Kid has an incredible motor and has the ball on a string!" Also, they are trying to out-recruit the Memphis Tigers for Alex Lomax, 6'0" 189 lbs. from East High School in Memphis TN.

Anthony Nelson and Dwayne Cohill would complement each other very well! The suspense will be over at 9:00PM this evening. Like I said before I wish him luck, whatever his decision!
Old 10-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Nelson to Seton Hall as predicted. We’ll see who Coach Grant has up next.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Colonel

CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Nelson to Seton Hall as predicted. We’ll see who Coach Grant has up next.
Posted via Mobile Device
From ZAGSBLOG, "I picked Seton Hall because I wanted to be close to home and I felt like it was a good situation for me."

There probably are other guards that Anthony Grant is recruiting but the only other two which have been discussed here are Jared Rhoden and Talen Horten-Tucker. Tucker has eliminated Dayton and has a final 3 of Xavier, Iowa St. and Illinois and Anthony Nelson says he is going to try and get Rhoden to join him at Seton Hall!

Anthony Grant has already obtained the best PG in Dwayne Cohill that exceeded all our expectations so I am not worried one bit about AG and his staffs ability to recruit!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 10-24-2017 at 10:24 PM..
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 10:55 AM
Colonel

Today NY Lightning AAU coach, Dana Dingle, stated that Jared Rhoden has cut his list to 4. Seton Hall, St. Louis, Penn St. and Wichita St. He has cut Dayton, Hofstra, Oregon State, Santa Clara, UMass, VCU and Wyoming from his previous list of 11.

Per 247Sports.com Dwayne Cohill is #84 in the class of 2018, Talen Horton-Tucker is #109, Anthony Nelson is #138 and Jared Rhoden is #200. So folks, Anthony Grant got the best pg of them all!

We don't even know how many scholarships are going to be available for next season! It only started out at one (Darrell Davis, the lone senior) but there are many variables.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-25-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-25-2017), redbengal (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 12:41 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't Cohill a combo guard as opposed to a true PG? Not that it is an issue, just curious as I believe Nelson was actually listed as a PG. Personally, I'd like to see another big man with that spot (if there really is one), but getting a 4 star guard and getting a 4 star C or F is a completely different thing.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
There is no doubt with 1 schollie left for 2018 they will go after another guard... If any other spots open up look for wings/bigs
Old 10-25-2017, 02:35 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Currently, we have a lot of bodies that want to play outside near the 3 point line. We have Crosby, Crutcher, J. Davis, D. Davis and per all videos Svoboda. Next year, we will have Crosby, Crutcher, J. Davis, Cohill and Svoboda. We may also have Mikesell and S. Miller who have both shown a desire to play outside although Mikesell does like to slash to the basket to score.

Isn't that enough outside players?

We only have one center in Pierce. If Cunningham plays center then he is playing out of position. I vote for a center to be recruited. Pierce needs a practice buddy, at the very least.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 04:14 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Our next Target

Wells Dusenbury‏Verified account @DuseReport 36m36 minutes ago

Hoops: University School '18 PG Drue Drinnon (@liljosh8) will visit #NewMexico this weekend & #Dayton the following weekend. @AdrianSosaNTF
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Interesting that we keep going after PG with Crosby, Crutcher, Cohill. SG only has J Davis and maybe Landers?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2017, 05:08 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Gilchrist's Autograph 2 View Post
Interesting that we keep going after PG with Crosby, Crutcher, Cohill. SG only has J Davis and maybe Landers?
Posted via Mobile Device
Both Cohill and Drinnon can play the 2... versatile guards I am seeing
Old 10-25-2017, 05:55 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Dayton will always be a team that basically plays a 3 guard offense just think about last year!!!! KD was not a point guard by any measure and CC was playing guard! We will always need guards because UD will never be able to recruit a large number of bigs?
Old 10-25-2017, 06:25 PM
General of the Air Force

LuHi Basketball‏ @LuHiBasketball 43m43 minutes ago
Dayton (@DaytonMBB) stopped in the gym today, liked what they saw out of '18 6'9 Wing Frankie Policelli. #LuHiBasketball
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FIFO28 (10-26-2017), jack72 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Currently, we have a lot of bodies that want to play outside near the 3 point line. We have Crosby, Crutcher, J. Davis, D. Davis and per all videos Svoboda. Next year, we will have Crosby, Crutcher, J. Davis, Cohill and Svoboda. We may also have Mikesell and S. Miller who have both shown a desire to play outside although Mikesell does like to slash to the basket to score.

Isn't that enough outside players?

Posted via Mobile Device
Until 2 of those kids are all A10... no.

Right now we are hoping those players meet or ideally surpass projections. Until they do, we need as much firepower as possible.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:36 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Buck spot on!!!!!
Old 10-25-2017, 07:58 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Isn't Cohill a combo guard as opposed to a true PG? Not that it is an issue, just curious as I believe Nelson was actually listed as a PG.
Per verbalcommits.com ESPN and Scout both list Cohill as a PG. Yet his "Composite" shows him as a SG for whatever that's worth.

The complete opposite is true of Anfernee Simons where ESPN and Scout both show him as a SG with his Composite showing him as a PG. Anybody know where we stand with Simons after the home interview we had with him?
Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 10:20 PM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
Per verbalcommits.com ESPN and Scout both list Cohill as a PG. Yet his "Composite" shows him as a SG for whatever that's worth.

The complete opposite is true of Anfernee Simons where ESPN and Scout both show him as a SG with his Composite showing him as a PG. Anybody know where we stand with Simons after the home interview we had with him?
I know -- we are not getting a top 20 player.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:01 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
LuHi Basketball‏ @LuHiBasketball 43m43 minutes ago
Dayton (@DaytonMBB) stopped in the gym today, liked what they saw out of '18 6'9 Wing Frankie Policelli. #LuHiBasketball
Has a bunch of offers from A10 schools, one from rutgers and Washington, then a handful of MAAC type programs (IONA, Hofstra, etc..) The highlight real on Verbal Commits kind of reminds me of Devin Oliver, both in looks and in game. Lefty, good court vision, a little slow on his jumper, decent handle.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (12-22-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 AM
General

I also noted on Verbal Commits, that UD has an offer to a 2019 PF out of Ireland, perhaps that is a Pete Strickland recommendation. If you look at his offer list you see schools like Indiana, Arizona, Nova, Oklahoma, Stanford, Virginia, etc.. its easy to assume that he's a very high level recruit; He's playing in NYC now, so even if he came out of the hoops scene that Strickland created over in Ireland, it may not mean much at this point, but sure would be nice.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Our next Target

Wells Dusenbury‏Verified account @DuseReport 36m36 minutes ago

Hoops: University School '18 PG Drue Drinnon (@liljosh8) will visit #NewMexico this weekend & #Dayton the following weekend. @AdrianSosaNTF
Based on his offers, Drinnon is a darn good player. He has already visited GA, Pitt and SFL. He is a four star.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by redbengal View Post

247Sports.com has Anfernee Simons ranked as the #12 player in the class of 2018. In our wildest dreams we can't hope to land him! After Louisville got into trouble he withdrew his verbal to them and immediately suitors started to line up! I have got to hand it to Anthony Grant as he was one of the first to offer! He is not afraid to offer anybody, regardless of how many stars they have!

PG or SG, who cares! When you offer a 5 star player it doesn't matter! Every junior or younger player on our current team would love having this kid as a teammate next season.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
247Sports.com has Anfernee Simons ranked as the #12 player in the class of 2018. In our wildest dreams we can't hope to land him! After Louisville got into trouble he withdrew his verbal to them and immediately suitors started to line up! I have got to hand it to Anthony Grant as he was one of the first to offer! He is not afraid to offer anybody, regardless of how many stars they have!

PG or SG, who cares! When you offer a 5 star player it doesn't matter! Every junior or younger player on our current team would love having this kid as a teammate next season.
This is what makes me so mad about the Cohill-Ryan Miller thing, (as a Cub's fan when I grew weary of Dusty Baker I decided I was going to start calling him John, I am at the same point with our former coach). Why would anyone be afraid to offer anyone? What is the worst thing that can happen, the kid doesn't come to UD? That is exactly what happens if you don't offer him. Please don't tell me that the optics of getting turned down are bad. I don't ever remember reading a story titled "Player X scoffs at School Y's Scholarship Offer." I also don't think anyone would assume UD is in decline because we aren't getting commitments from top 30 kids. Just offer them, if nothing else some lower rated kid might figure, "I better grab that scholly from Dayton before they sign someone better and it is gone."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-26-2017), CvilleFlyer (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Just off the Jet

daytonfan is on a distinguished road
So 247sports says Dwayne Cohil has gone on official visits to Virgina tech (Oct 20) and OSU (Sep 23). Both visits were after he committed to UD. Is normal to continue going on official visits after committing?
Old 10-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by daytonfan View Post
So 247sports says Dwayne Cohil has gone on official visits to Virgina tech (Oct 20) and OSU (Sep 23). Both visits were after he committed to UD. Is normal to continue going on official visits after committing?
247sports just didn't updated their information. Those visits were both scheduled prior to his commitment and simply never updated after the fact.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDFlyer23 For This Totally Excellent Post:
daytonfan (10-26-2017), ruechalgrin (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 04:19 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Flyers98, the offer is only the stamp on the envelope

There are soooo many aspects to a good recruiting initiative besides the actual offer. If the coach and staff do it right, much time and many assets are devoted early in the kid's career.
If we haven't done the preparation over an extended period, the offer is simply a piece of paper that has no substance. I recall when Matt Doherty took over SMU, the offers from SMU were all over the midwest. Lost credibility. His success rate had to be dismal.

IF we have done the homework, sure, I see no reason not to present the offer. Programs that offer without doing the preparation might take the Louisville approach and have a pocket full of Monopoly money, but most programs don't.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (11-01-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 04:23 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daytonfan View Post
Official visits would be odd, but occasionally the old girlfriend won't stop whispering in his ear until the Marriage Certificate is signed. That goes for athletic recruits as well.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:29 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Having spent too much of my life in Newark, Dayton is infinitely better. There's a reason it's called Sewark.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:41 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting to see what they do. Certainly could take the scholarship into the spring and see what's our there after the coaching carousel or bank it for a transfer
Old 10-27-2017, 12:22 AM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Report: 2018 guard to visit Dayton

4 star recruit Drue Drinnon, a 6-foot-0 point guard from the University School in Davie, Fla., will visit Dayton on the first weekend in November
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-27-2017), MNFats (11-01-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 06:56 PM
General of the Air Force

Drinnon committed to NM on his visit
Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Colonel

Drinnon committed to NM on his visit
That's okay, we need to save one scholarship for Anfernee Simons anyway especially after he sees we beat Louisville the last 3 times we have met them all on the road: 12/08/07 70-65; 11/24/06 68-64 and 12/23/2000 91-68! He was probably about age 7, 6 and 1 at the time!
Old 10-30-2017, 09:45 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Chance Moore has UD in his final four: http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...T5I1YJR5KeuUI/
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (10-31-2017), jack72 (10-31-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-30-2017), San Diego Flyer (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 10:29 AM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
Any UD visits scheduled?
Old 10-31-2017, 11:52 AM
General of the Air Force

Chance isn't coming here
flyerfan4life (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 12:05 PM
1st Lieutenant

Bigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of lightBigtimeflyersguy is a glorious beacon of light
Chance isn't coming here
You’re usually someone who posts very relevant info with articles/links. Could you explain why you don’t believe he is coming here?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by Bigtimeflyersguy View Post
You’re usually someone who posts very relevant info with articles/links. Could you explain why you don’t believe he is coming here?
Posted via Mobile Device
My guess is: says he is deciding Nov 8 and has not visited here.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post
Exactly
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2017, 12:59 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
There are soooo many aspects to a good recruiting initiative besides the actual offer. If the coach and staff do it right, much time and many assets are devoted early in the kid's career.
If we haven't done the preparation over an extended period, the offer is simply a piece of paper that has no substance. I recall when Matt Doherty took over SMU, the offers from SMU were all over the midwest. Lost credibility. His success rate had to be dismal.

IF we have done the homework, sure, I see no reason not to present the offer. Programs that offer without doing the preparation might take the Louisville approach and have a pocket full of Monopoly money, but most programs don't.
I get all that. I was responding specifically to the "I like that AG has the courage to offer these guys" posts. I also understand that if you spend all your time and resources chasing kids you aren't likely to get you are wasting time and resources. My point is that the other mindset, that you shouldn't waste any time on the kids that are perceived to be "too big time for UD", like Dwayne Cohill (which seems to have been the prior staff's mindset) is worse. I don't view AG to be some fearless trailblazer because he is willing to offer kids that are 4 and 5 starts, (and not transfers to get that quibble out of the way). Rather, I view him as doing a good job but doing his job.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post
Looks like he has only visited Butler and WSU.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:15 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The other thing to consider is this whole FBI scandal could send a lot of dominos falling by the spring. Could be a potentially bigger than normal coaching carousel
Old 10-31-2017, 07:16 PM
General

Butler has been recruiting Moore pretty hard
Old 10-31-2017, 07:38 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

CraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond repute
Chance isn't coming here
But he hasn't committed elsewhere yet, so there is still a Chance.

Thank you thank you. I'll be here all week, month, year, decade(s). You're a great audience
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CraSch For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bigtimeflyersguy (10-31-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (11-02-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 07:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CraSch View Post
But he hasn't committed elsewhere yet, so there is still a Chance.
Sorry to CraSch your party, but that joke was very lame
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-02-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 09:28 PM
Colonel

If Chance Moore wasn't interested in the Flyers he wouldn't have them in his final 4! November 8th is only one week from tomorrow so all we can do is wait. Our success next season does not hinge in the balance so it is not worth people getting their pants in a wad!!!

I wished Anthony Nelson good luck in his decision and I also wish Chance Moore good luck with his decision as well. These kids are only 17-18 years of age and are faced with choices that will affect the rest of their lives!
Old 11-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Colonel

Antwann Jones Jr., the 4 star shooting guard from Oak Ridge HS in Tampa, FL who was UD's first 2018 recruit under Archie Miller back in June or 2016 has reopened his recruitment after commiting to Oklahoma St. back on 9/18/17. He had removed UD from his list on 9/14/17 when he trimmed his list to 4. Besides Oklahoma St. his final four consisted of Kansas, NC St. and Memphis.

Per Corey Evans @verbalcommits.com Texas A&M will host Rivals 150 Oak Ridge guard Antwann Jones this weekend for an official visit.

Apparently he is open to adding other colleges and maybe AG or one of his assistants should try to get him in for a visit. A backcourt with he and Dwayne Cohill would be insane!
skip69 (12-22-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
Antwann Jones Jr., the 4 star shooting guard from Oak Ridge HS in Tampa, FL who was UD's first 2018 recruit under Archie Miller back in June or 2016 has reopened his recruitment after commiting to Oklahoma St. back on 9/18/17. He had removed UD from his list on 9/14/17 when he trimmed his list to 4. Besides Oklahoma St. his final four consisted of Kansas, NC St. and Memphis.

Per Corey Evans @verbalcommits.com Texas A&M will host Rivals 150 Oak Ridge guard Antwann Jones this weekend for an official visit.

Apparently he is open to adding other colleges and maybe AG or one of his assistants should try to get him in for a visit. A backcourt with he and Dwayne Cohill would be insane!
CvilleFlyer: i both concur and am distressed by your comment above.

On the Antwann Jones front, i concur completely. I do not know the player nor have i seen him play in person but of all the internet video that i have seen, the three players that impressed me the most were Cohill, Nelson and Antwann Jones.

On your comment about a hope for two freshman starting at guards next year, i am distressed. Whether you are foreseeing Cohill and Nelson as some dreamed or Cohill and Antwann Jones for next year, there is an undercurrent that is distressing. If it comes to next year starting two freshman at guard then you are predicting negative results from John Crosby this year and next year. That is distressing.

I have not given up hope on John Crosby. Key to this year is the play of someone at point guard. Crosby is our best, maybe only, viable candidate. If he succeeds then this team will be fine this year and next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2017, 09:42 AM

Since it appears that we are courting another point guard, the PG position at UD may be by committee. Someone(s) have to bring the ball up the court and set the offense. From that setting we have multiple options to pass the rock. Even counting on Kostas and Trey as "point forwards". One guy does not have to be a 38 minute quarterback at pg. The year long performance of John Crosby as "the man" is not critical to our success. The blending of multiple athletic ball handlers is the ultimate goal for us. John just has to be better than last year, which I think he will be. He does not have to morph into a Scoochie for us to succeed. Coach has multiple options.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (11-01-2017), jack72 (11-01-2017), skip69 (12-22-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
CvilleFlyer: i both concur and am distressed by your comment above.

On the Antwann Jones front, i concur completely. I do not know the player nor have i seen him play in person but of all the internet video that i have seen, the three players that impressed me the most were Cohill, Nelson and Antwann Jones.

On your comment about a hope for two freshman starting at guards next year, i am distressed. Whether you are foreseeing Cohill and Nelson as some dreamed or Cohill and Antwann Jones for next year, there is an undercurrent that is distressing. If it comes to next year starting two freshman at guard then you are predicting negative results from John Crosby this year and next year. That is distressing.

I have not given up hope on John Crosby. Key to this year is the play of someone at point guard. Crosby is our best, maybe only, viable candidate. If he succeeds then this team will be fine this year and next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Buckleyma: Concerned may be a better word for you to use rather than distressed because in no way was I referring to giving the keys from day one to two freshman next season. First of all, that would mean not only slighting John Crosby but Jalen Crutcher as well! Competition in practice is a good thing. It pushes players to become better. Even the coaches at the Power 5 or 6 conferences don't guarantee a starting position to their highly touted recruits!

I am sure we would all agree that recruiting is the lifeblood of any program. That being said, most agree that the A-10 is a guard driven conference. Back in the summer of 2005, between his freshman and sophomore year, highly recruited Trent Meacham decided to transfer to Illinois which left UD with a shortage at PG. Senior Warren Williams was forced to run the show with assistance from then sophomore Brian Roberts who mostly played the 2 guard. The results were not good for that 2005-06 season. 14-17 overall and 6-10 in the A-10! UD vowed to never let that scenario happen again and so far it hasn't!

I hope John Crosby does well this season as well as Jalen Crutcher at PG. What is the saying, "It is what it is." I agree with San Diego Flyer that the PG position at UD may be by committee and many may have a role to perform for it to all come together.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Just off the Jet

daytonfan is on a distinguished road
Jacob Polacheck‏ @JacobPolacheck 18h18 hours ago
More
Dayton commit Dwayne Cohill tells me that he will sign on Wednesday before having larger signing ceremony next Tuesday (Nov. 14)
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to daytonfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-07-2017), Bucketnight (11-08-2017), CE80 (11-07-2017), CvilleFlyer (11-07-2017), FIFO28 (11-07-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-07-2017), San Diego Flyer (11-07-2017), TheDuke2003 (11-08-2017), TMPH66 (11-07-2017), TXFlyerFan (11-07-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Colonel

Per Julius Kim at verbalcommits.com 5m ago Chance ReRun Moore has committed to Wichita St.

I guess we will just move on! Dwayne Cohill just signed a letter of intent which confirms his verbal so that is what we should be happy about.

He stated that he is glad to join the family and we are glad to have him!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
No great surprise on Moore. The secret to UD's success is to get the kid on campus. Since Moore never visited Dayton (and did visit WSU) we were merely "column fodder" for his final four list.

Next!
Old 11-08-2017, 03:43 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Show up on enough kids lists and eventually, your odds of getting those kids increases. If you aren't even on the list, you pretty much have no chance.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (11-08-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
https://twitter.com/JKimElevate/stat...38004018360320

New name for 2018

Last edited by flyerfan4life; 11-20-2017 at 08:48 AM..
Old 11-19-2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Show up on enough kids lists and eventually, your odds of getting those kids increases. If you aren't even on the list, you pretty much have no chance.
Sort of like short putts usually don't go in?
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 11:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Julius Kim‏ @JKimElevate
13m13 minutes ago

Dayton will be in Wednesday to see 2018 @NYJayhawks wing Frankie Policelli, per a source.

Back to see the Top 150 Forward... No offer from UD yet
Old 11-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Young Frankie is listed as 6’8” and 155 lbs. Verbal Commits has him as a 2 star.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:19 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by LI Flyer View Post
Young Frankie is listed as 6’8” and 155 lbs. Verbal Commits has him as a 2 star.
haha i know... that's not right though

He's like 6'7"-6'8" ~190+ pounds

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...licelli-181544
Old 12-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
According to Tipton Edits:

Anfernee Simons tells @TiptonEdits that Tennessee, Florida, NC State, Dayton, and Minnesota are on him the hardest. @AnferneeSimons

Would be an absolutely huge get.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-14-2017), MNFats (12-16-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 01:07 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
According to Tipton Edits:

Anfernee Simons tells @TiptonEdits that Tennessee, Florida, NC State, Dayton, and Minnesota are on him the hardest. @AnferneeSimons

Would be an absolutely huge get.
please tell us more .... why.
Thanks eagle!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
He's a consensus top 10 player. End of story.

Too bad he's going to Florida, but I like seeing our name mentioned, that's for sure.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
please tell us more .... why.
Thanks eagle!
He is a five star, who is ranked in the top 10 or 20, and is planning to be a one and done.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-30-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 02:11 PM
General

Not sure if we're still interested but former Dunbar guard Caleb McConnell who transferred up Spire Academy in Cleveland is still out there
Old 12-15-2017, 07:51 PM
General of the Air Force

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/12/15/2...nnessee-visit/

Kira Lewis talks... but why is he in this thread...

Dayton: “They want me to come in and handle the ball. They want me to come in for 2018, but they’re recruiting me for both classes. It’s a great school.”

Although he may not be ready to reclassify, Lewis has a good idea of what he’s looking for in a school, as he said, “I’m looking for a school that family oriented, with a great football and basketball school, great academics, and a school that’s known for winning. I want a school that’s doing a good job with their program.”

Not good for us on that quote lol
jack72 (12-16-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 08:15 PM
General

some of the schools with FBS programs aren't exactly great right now on his list
Old 12-21-2017, 10:21 PM
Colonel

Antwann Jones, the No. 45 prospect on the ESPN 100, said it was in his "best interest" to decommit from Oklahoma State after a Cowboys assistant coach was arrested in a fraud and corruption case. He is a 5 star 6'5" SG from Tampa, FL.

He was Archie's first recruit but removed Dayton from his list of final 4 schools back on Sept. 14th. He must have had some early interest so AG should rekindle it. Unlike Archie, who showed a reluctance to go after highly rated recruits, Anthony has proven at VCU and Alabama that he is not shy about going after them! Also Dwayne Cohill was a highly rated 4 star! This young man has the talent that would turn our whole program around or, at the very least, speed up the process!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 12-21-2017 at 10:28 PM..
Old 12-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Colonel

My bad on two counts! Antwann Jones Jr. is a 4 star instead of a 5 and when he decommited from Oklahoma State he signed a letter of intent with Texas A&M.
Flyer 86 (12-30-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 09:27 AM
General of the Air Force

NEFTA⚡️@alvarez2neftali
14h14 hours ago

Blessed to received an offer from University Of Dayton

6'1" PG Neftali Alvarez who plays for Miami Christian but is originally from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (12-22-2017), jack72 (12-22-2017), MNFats (12-22-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-22-2017), TXFlyerFan (12-22-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 09:56 AM

NEFTA⚡️@alvarez2neftali
14h14 hours ago

Blessed to received an offer from University Of Dayton

6'1" PG Neftali Alvarez who plays for Miami Christian but is originally from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
A three star with some decent offers, PU, VCU, WSU and UV.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Wichita State has a commit from a higher ranked PG already (Alex Lomax - no relation to Bernie) - so hopefully that takes them off his list...
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-22-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
It's UVA. At UV, you're basically majoring in skin cancer.

Georgia Tech has offered too for what it's worth.

Between Anthony Grant (who grew up in Miami and went to Dayton) and Ricardo Greer (from the Dominican Republic), it's not a terrible leap to see how a kid out of Miami who is from Puerto Rico might feel a connection with Dayton's staff.

Sounds like he would be a good get. Here's hoping he's better than Chris Alvarez (the last kid with the surname Alvarez who hailed from Miami to suit up for Dayton) and here's hoping we have better luck recruiting him than the last (I think) Puerto Rican Dayton was after (Alex Carmona).

http://www.tdn-net.com/sports/local-...jandro-carmona
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-30-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-23-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 10:47 PM
General of the Air Force

LuHi Basketball @LuHiBasketball
17m17 minutes ago
Frankie Policelli (@frankpolicelli) picked up an offer from Dayton. #LuHiBasketball

Offered tonight (Cincy offered a little earlier)... 6'8" Top 150 Wing from New York

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 12-29-2017 at 10:51 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (12-30-2017), Flyer 86 (12-30-2017), jack72 (12-31-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 08:53 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
LuHi Basketball @LuHiBasketball
17m17 minutes ago
Frankie Policelli (@frankpolicelli) picked up an offer from Dayton. #LuHiBasketball

Offered tonight (Cincy offered a little earlier)... 6'8" Top 150 Wing from New York
Little bit from him on the Dayton and UC offer:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/12/30/f...dayton-offers/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-31-2017), ruechalgrin (12-30-2017)
Old 01-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Major General

Still in the mix for Anfernee Simons!

Jeff Borzello
‏Verified account
@jeffborzello
1h1 hour ago
More
Five-star guard Anfernee Simons takes a visit to Tennessee this weekend. Told ESPN that Florida, NC State, Alabama, Arizona State, Dayton, SMU, UCF are still on his list. UCLA and South Carolina have also been recruiting him.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (01-05-2018), CvilleFlyer (01-05-2018), jack72 (01-05-2018), MNFats (01-06-2018), Runnin' Rebel (01-05-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 08:37 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Still in the mix for Anfernee Simons!

Jeff Borzello
‏Verified account
@jeffborzello
1h1 hour ago
More
Five-star guard Anfernee Simons takes a visit to Tennessee this weekend. Told ESPN that Florida, NC State, Alabama, Arizona State, Dayton, SMU, UCF are still on his list. UCLA and South Carolina have also been recruiting him.
Thank God he’s not visiting UD this weekend. Current temp in Dayton is -1. That alone could scare him away from any team north of the Mason-Dixon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (01-06-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 06:54 PM
General of the Air Force

New 2018 PG Offer

XP3 @xpinson3
38m38 minutes ago
More
Blessed to receive an offer from Dayton University! ❤️�� #GoFlyers

XP3@xpinson3
25m25 minutes ago
More
University of Dayton*

3 Star 6'2"-6'3" Xavier Pinson... PG out of Chicago Simeon (KP's high school)... offered by Georgetown yesterday

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 01-14-2018 at 07:08 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-15-2018), San Diego Flyer (01-14-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 09:53 AM

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...cMZlLIaX3cJ7O/

Pinson is an interesting kid. He had only offers from lower lever D1 schools, then he commits to Kent St, then decommits 6 days later, then Georgetown and Dayton offered. He has good size and hops.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Colonel

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...cMZlLIaX3cJ7O/

Pinson is an interesting kid. He had only offers from lower lever D1 schools, then he commits to Kent St, then decommits 6 days later, then Georgetown and Dayton offered. He has good size and hops.
I watched Pinson's you tube videos and I really like this kid! Tremendous passer who likes to get his teammates involved! In an interview, he said from the time he was 4'10" in the seventh grade he has had to prove himself and now that he has grown to 6'2" or 6'3" he still has to earn respect but now he gets satisfaction by dunking on guys! He said his goal is to go pro someday so he can help his family. He gets up early in the morning and practices before school and stays after practice to work on his game and watch film.

One thing I did notice, however is that he steps into his outside shot (3 pointers) like Jalen Crutcher. His release is essentially the same. The way Jalen has been playing the past few games carefully picking and choosing when to shoot the 3 ball it may be a moot point!

Maybe Kendall Pollard can help the Flyers recruit this kid!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 01-15-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Old 01-16-2018, 08:05 AM
General

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ars-rescue-rooter-national-hoopfest-bossi-s-saturday-takeaways

Sound the late-bloomer alert on Chicago (Ill.) Simeon point guard Xavier Pinson. A one time Kent State commitment, Pinson is a long, quick and athletic point guard with length and outstanding body control. He's playing more and more at his new school and the added confidence since seeing him in early December is something else.
He's got to get stronger and isn't a finished product, but the upside is there to be a very nice player down the road and since his decommitment from Kent State programs like DePaul, Dayton, Missouri, Saint Louis and Georgetown have inquired.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 AM
General

From the Georgetown board on Neftali Alvarez the PG recruit out of Miami

" His high school, among several others in Miami, has become a one to two-year stop for PR youth national team-caliber players looking for exposure before college. The complete lack of exposure if they play in PR and not in the States is one of the reasons for the no stars or low stars some of these players get"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-16-2018, 08:54 AM
General

Xavier Pinson might be a Sleeper Late Signee

Pinson puts us in the mind of another Chicago-land guard, Charlie Moore, who signed with California out of high school in 2016. Moore has since transferred to Kansas after a year at Berkley. Pinson will not be as decorated as Moore (Moore was Mr. Basketball in Illinois). Pinson comes off the bench and plays a more limited role than Moore did in high school. However, his style of play and stature are similar. Pinson has a surprising burst with the ball and has a solid mid-range game. He finished with 11 points and four assists versus East Memphis in the semifinal game. Once a Kent State commit, Pinson has since reopened his recruitment and could be a difference maker for a school next fall.

http://ontheradarhoops.com/otrhoopsr...ember-31-2017/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
If he hasn't figured it out already, AG needs to step up his recruiting and seriously think about dropping hints to XW to seek other shores. It's clear the two aren't on the same page and XW's attitude and effort are below sea level. For two years he had a front row seat while one of the hardest working class of seniors made themselves into champions. He absorbed none of that. Maybe he thought he'd be the next BMOC in this program, but that mantel is earned, not given.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
MikeFlyer (01-19-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 08:32 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
If he hasn't figured it out already, AG needs to step up his recruiting and seriously think about dropping hints to XW to seek other shores. It's clear the two aren't on the same page and XW's attitude and effort are below sea level. For two years he had a front row seat while one of the hardest working class of seniors made themselves into champions. He absorbed none of that. Maybe he thought he'd be the next BMOC in this program, but that mantel is earned, not given.
Bucky thought so much of X, that he thought he had a shot at the NBA. What difference 9 months make.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:14 AM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Recruiting big man

AG talks about going after top notch recruiting prospects.....that UD can offer just as much as most Power five schools. Well, it seems to me that he may have a hard sell recruiting good inside players if his teams show no tendency to get the ball inside to the post. Our best player works to get open and seldom receives a feed.
Mad Props to Don For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:48 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Now, I openly admit I am a rabid Anthony Grant supporter, as I was of Archie...was not a supporter of Brian Gregory. That being said, it is tough to establish an inside presence when you only have three big men - one is too short (Cunningham); one is too inexperienced (Kostas); and the third (X) is in never-never land.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-18-2018), m21eagle45 (01-18-2018), MikeFlyer (01-19-2018), ruechalgrin (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 03:28 PM
2nd Lieutenant

116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light
TommyGola, not to mention that several times our guards (Darrell and Crutcher) attempted passes into the low post only to have them stolen by the guy guarding them. The guards lack awareness to make good entry passes into the paint, which hindered Josh's ability to score in the 1st half last night.

I think we will pass into the post more next year, but it is certainly frustrating that it doesn't seem to be a point of emphasis for AG with this team this year. Befuddles me honestly. Use Josh as much as you can while he is in the game. Establish the inside-out for even more open looks...