User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-23-2018, 01:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
I was thinking the same thing...
I doubt it will affect the 2018 recruiting... The Spring signing period starts up two weeks from Wednesday and the final signing day is May 16th... At least two weeks before the USA Training Camp begins
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2018, 01:38 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
I doubt it will affect the 2018 recruiting... The Spring signing period starts up two weeks from Wednesday and the final signing day is May 16th... At least two weeks before the USA Training Camp begins
awesome thanks for the news!!!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Major

udflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond repute
Toppin

I've noticed a few people mention Toppin. I don't know much about his skill set but if he's half the player that he is a teammate, we're in for something special. I've watched him all season and he's been such a breath of fresh air. From his pregame dances with all the guys, to how much fun he looks like he's having on the bench, he's already my favorite player on the team.

Just rewatch the video from Trey's dunk and watch his reaction. It's Priceless.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udflyerhoops2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (03-23-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Toppin:
"Grant also has high hopes for 6-foot-8 freshman Obadiah Toppin, who was an academic red shirt:

“Athletically, with what he’s capable of doing, he’s got a chance to be one of those guys who can really make a difference. I’ve had a couple in my career and he could be one.”

Sound like pretty high praise
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-23-2018), jack72 (03-23-2018), SeasonTicketFan (03-23-2018), TommyGola (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 02:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udflyerhoops2 View Post
I've noticed a few people mention Toppin. I don't know much about his skill set but if he's half the player that he is a teammate, we're in for something special. I've watched him all season and he's been such a breath of fresh air. From his pregame dances with all the guys, to how much fun he looks like he's having on the bench, he's already my favorite player on the team.

Just rewatch the video from Trey's dunk and watch his reaction. It's Priceless.
I agree. We noticed his body language as well. First one off the bench when a timeout, last one to sit back down. If his attitude is as good in practice as it was on the bench and pregame this season, the kid is learning and growing as a player. Hopefully he has his academics in order and will give us a great 4 years

The future for the Flyers is bright, very bright!
Old 03-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
You're making a big assumption that his brother would let him do this.

Would you let your brother, who just quit school and has no job, come live with you on your dime?

Thoughts anyone?
No way, but then I am not sports star, multi-millionaire with a whole different set of values. Actually, I do not care. As long as Kostas does not become a criminal, he can do what he wants, and he is outa here, so see ya. You're done with UD, and we are done with you.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Funny story from yesterday..... I got a phone call around 1:30pm from one of my old UD roommates who now lives in the Milwaukee area. He's become a big Bucks fan, loves Giannis, but doesn't get a chance to follow UD as closely as he used to. He had come back to Dayton to visit during Christmas and we watched a game together (during a time when I wasn't particularly excited about Kostas' play or his antics on the court) and I somewhat jokingly spent the entire game complaining about Kostas, knowing that my buddy loves Giannis. Anyway, I got the call yesterday and my buddy was all excited, telling me how he was eating lunch and out of the corner of his eye he saw Giannis, Kostas, and their mom in a corner booth. My buddy stopped by their booth on his way out, introduced himself as a 1994 University of Dayton grad, and told Kostas good luck and that he couldn't wait to watch him develop his game at UD. Then he told Giannis, "And good luck to you too!" My buddy couldn't make out what Kostas said but the mom was very appreciative and thanked him. I told my buddy (again, only jokingly) that he should've told Kostas to stop hanging out around the 3-point line and to stop crying after every call that goes against him. I then went about my day at work - it didn't even dawn on me that Kostas was in Milwaukee instead of being in class at UD.

A few hours later, I jump on UDPride as I'm about to leave work and start reading this thread. I immediately called my buddy back and told him that his story just got better.

Just more proof that timing is everything.

Last edited by Sticks 'n Stearns; 03-23-2018 at 03:05 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sticks 'n Stearns For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-21-2018), Lowd&ProUD (03-24-2018), UDGutter2 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 03:46 PM
Academy Doolie

SoTier Flyer will become famous soon enoughSoTier Flyer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
Didn't see Figgee post concerning minutes played by each player leaving (the year prior {if here then] and this just past season).

As happened with Crosby under AM his minutes were not plentiful .... KA was hot or cold, XW ... back case or head case doesn't matter this late in the game (no pun here). We all seem to understand or know about JP ... what 4-6 minutes total! AN't working full time in a full time position ...

I know someone posted points scored but this could be misleading as maybe someone played 18 minutes in one in 3 games and scored 15 points ... something like that ...

How many minutes did these players contribute to the total team minutes?

If you didn't contribute who's missing ya? You were brought in on a full scholly and didn't contribute? Who's missin' ya?

The guy that brings in the donuts every Friday but you can't count on him any other time during the week .. he better not be making the same salary I am .....

In the real world I had a couple times that the boss in place (some cases company Pres) was replaced with someone new .. within a short period of time the old guard left over time (OR SUDDER was asked to leave) and the new guy brought in HIS GUY's. Sometimes I clung on till the end sometimes I said ADIOS. The clinging part never seemed quite so satisfactory in the end.

Better to fish then to cut bait ...

Hopefully both sides will be happier well except for Smit ...... OH you know who!
With the 5 defections, UD will return 60% of minutes played (down from 84% before the defections).
Old 03-23-2018, 04:06 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Toppin:
"Grant also has high hopes for 6-foot-8 freshman Obadiah Toppin, who was an academic red shirt:

“Athletically, with what he’s capable of doing, he’s got a chance to be one of those guys who can really make a difference. I’ve had a couple in my career and he could be one.”

Sound like pretty high praise
I see no reason why toppin and cohill can't cover the stats that DD and X put up this year. And that doesn't even include the court sense that will elevate. The rest of the new lineup is just great gravy next to the bench we had this past season. I would guess a turn around of six or seven wins.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:42 PM

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Just did a little math and it’s pretty clear that the five guys that left will not be missed for what they did on the court.

The points, rebounds and assists are per 40 minutes.

11.0 points per game
5.7 rebounds
2.8 assists
42% Field goal percentage
24% 3-point percentage
65% Free throw percentage

I think we will survive.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-23-2018), cj (03-23-2018), Jack D (03-25-2018), San Diego Flyer (03-23-2018), shocka43 (03-24-2018), THirt (03-24-2018), TXFlyerFan (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
This is absolutely addition by subtraction. I'll miss Matej for his effort and buying into team, and Crosby was positive through it all, I'll miss Crosby. I really hoped the light would go on.

Pierce,X and Kostas.....well, sayonara gents
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-24-2018), Jack D (03-25-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 06:55 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I would take the eight players we have for next season over the top eight players we had last season any day. And we still have a chance to get several more. We'll be fine.

Starters last season: Possible Starters next season:
Crutcher - Crutcher
D. Davis - J. Davis
J. Davis - Landers
Landers - Mikesell
Cunningham - Cunningham
Subs: Subs:
Kostas -Toppin
Crosby - Cohill
Svoboda/X - Matos
Would anybody take last season's top 8 over next seasons top 8? And we still have a chance to get several more.

Last edited by longtimefan; 03-23-2018 at 06:58 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-24-2018), Runnin' Rebel (03-24-2018), THirt (03-24-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 06:59 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
4 of those guys are locks to start, i think Obi and Cohill are both in the running for what you slotted as Mikesell's spot. Mikesell is definitely the most cerebral player on the team IMO
Old 03-23-2018, 07:06 PM
1st Lieutenant

TheSixthMan is a name known to allTheSixthMan is a name known to allTheSixthMan is a name known to allTheSixthMan is a name known to allTheSixthMan is a name known to allTheSixthMan is a name known to all
To early for starter projections. Wait until the roster is set.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2018, 07:12 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheSixthMan View Post
To early for starter projections. Wait until the roster is set.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's not too early to talk about possible starters. If we can't speculate about the future, I don't know what we talk about.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:11 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
It's not too early to talk about possible starters. If we can't speculate about the future, I don't know what we talk about.
I think it was more of a wait to see how the rest of the roster shakes out. We could get a grad transfer who could immediately be a starter, even over current players. We'll know more in the next 6 weeks I suspect.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:42 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
This is where you are mistaken.

I would rather have a bench player with a good attitude, than a guy like Kostas regardless of potential. I wish it worked out with him as he showed flashes of brilliance...but attitude trumps performance if you are trying to run a team, a business, or anything successful that involves groups of people. AG knows that and it isn't a loss in the long run.
I understand what you are saying here, but there's something that doesn't add up. Why would a kid sit out a year, play, and then bolt? Especially a kid with name recognition, a body frame to add to, and flashes of skills. So I'll accept that you have direct, unfiltered information confirming Kostas was a bad egg. He could have gone this route a few years ago. The only difference is a change in coaches and likely philosophies.

I'm not sure how you could spin this as a positive for the coach or the university.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:47 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas didn't want to be in school. Simple as that.
Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-21-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
4 of those guys are locks to start, i think Obi and Cohill are both in the running for what you slotted as Mikesell's spot. Mikesell is definitely the most cerebral player on the team IMO
Locks?
These four managed to play under 500 ball for the entire season. they played 500 ball at the beginning of the season and played 500 ball at the end of the season. The team loses its leading scorer and second best rebounder. The only way you could project a lock for these four is that you expect a big change over the summer. I would hope so but I would not call it a lock unless we expect a major improvement from these players when they are not playing. If we just use past performance we could expect a similar record of 500 ball which I am sure neither the fans or the coach would be happy with that result.

If these players were on a roll at the end of the season you could make that assessment based on what they showed on the court but otherwise it is wishful thinking.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:07 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Locks?
These four managed to play under 500 ball for the entire season. they played 500 ball at the beginning of the season and played 500 ball at the end of the season. The team loses its leading scorer and second best rebounder. The only way you could project a lock for these four is that you expect a big change over the summer. I would hope so but I would not call it a lock unless we expect a major improvement from these players when they are not playing. If we just use past performance we could expect a similar record of 500 ball which I am sure neither the fans or the coach would be happy with that result.

If these players were on a roll at the end of the season you could make that assessment based on what they showed on the court but otherwise it is wishful thinking.
Josh Cunningham averaged 8.4 rebounds per game. Trey Landers 5.6. Darrell Davis 4.1. Jalen Crutcher (!!) averaged more rebounds than Kostas and Xeyrius did last year. He had 50 more assists than the next closest Flyer.

So we are not losing our second best rebounder. That was Trey. Third was baby D, x was 5th, Kostas 6th.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-23-2018), jack72 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
And DD was our second leading scorer in avg and total but he will be missed as our best 3pt shooter( #) and getting to the line -not for his mind numbing turnovers.

But I agree, no one except Cunningham is a lock. Perhaps Landers. Both Obi and Mikesell can challenge. Neither guard could guard or penetrate. Cohill absolutely could start. And this is before any grad transfers or other frosh. We better hope for some new starters or at least guys playing meaningful productive minutes. Our "lock" guys lost 9 of our last14.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
recruiting could very well be going on past signing day
Old 03-23-2018, 10:44 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
And DD was our second leading scorer in avg and total but he will be missed as our best 3pt shooter( #) and getting to the line -not for his mind numbing turnovers.

But I agree, no one except Cunningham is a lock. Perhaps Landers. Both Obi and Mikesell can challenge. Neither guard could guard or penetrate. Cohill absolutely could start. And this is before any grad transfers or other frosh. We better hope for some new starters or at least guys playing meaningful productive minutes. Our "lock" guys lost 9 of our last14.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think Crutcher is a lock to start barring injury.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:12 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
You're making a big assumption that his brother would let him do this.

Would you let your brother, who just quit school and has no job, come live with you on your dime?

Thoughts anyone?
You need to take the post in it's entirety. I simply gave a couple scenarios as to why he could/would have left school with no concern for leaving behind a free education and access to basketball development.

If I don't need the education and I don't need UD's basketball resources to go pro, then why stay? I would venture to say that if he was dependent on a college degree to eat at 23 years old and he had to have UD and it's staff to turn him in to a pro, he would have stayed at UD.

I also HIGHLY doubt that if his brother sees potential in him, that he wouldn't invest some of his fortune to see that his brother can do it on his own without going to classes 16-20 hours a week. No shame in any of it. Kostas is good enough now to make a living in Europe. Most don't see the hundreds of players in Europe that can put food on the table.

Here is the realistic thing with college hoops at UD. This is a great program and University. The overwhelming majority of UD players are here to play ball AND get a degree as the overwhelming majority of them will not have NBA careers. Yes, they will go overseas...make over 50k a year with no living expenses...some 6 figure guys...and most of them will end up using their degree to live off of down the road or use their basketball expertise to go into a sports related field or possibly sports training like some former UD players. But the guys like BR, CW, and CJ who are the most recent guys who have been on active NBA rosters aren't guys that walked in as freshman at UD and said they were for sure going to be making a living playing ball in the NBA.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:51 AM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I understand what you are saying here, but there's something that doesn't add up. Why would a kid sit out a year, play, and then bolt? Especially a kid with name recognition, a body frame to add to, and flashes of skills. So I'll accept that you have direct, unfiltered information confirming Kostas was a bad egg. He could have gone this route a few years ago. The only difference is a change in coaches and likely philosophies.

I'm not sure how you could spin this as a positive for the coach or the university.
He came here under the pretense of playing for AM with what AM and his staff did years prior. I think that is pretty clear and a pretty convincing reason for him to come here for a year and sit out. On top of that he had access to development, coaching, training, etc. You get what I am saying.

I spoke ran into someone last week that passed on this nugget which is nothing new. AG comes here and it is off to a rocky start to begin with. KA stays overseas instead of being at UD to work on what he needs to work on. Get's injured. Doesn't appear to buy in to what AG is selling in comparison to AM. AG doesn't care that he has the potential he has, attitude and buy in trumps potential skill. He doesn't get the PT he thinks he deserves early on. KA says the hell with academics for the most part...writing on the wall the last month of the season that KA is going to leave...his playing time the last few weeks of the season increases. Why? Possibly to keep him here? We will never know.

So, I agree that a change in coaches and philosophy may have been the final straw. But I see a player that is hyped to be the next big thing and AG doesn't allow him to be on his own program with not buying in. AG proves to the team and other players that it doesn't matter how good you are, if you aren't on board with what he is selling (even if you would be the better player on the floor), you aren't playing in order to set the tone for years to come. As a coach or boss, if you let people get away with things early it impacts the next group of people to come into your organization.

In my opinion everything adds up. KA doesn't need UD at this point in his career. He didn't want to be in school or class. He didn't want to put up with the new sheriff in town. He can go overseas right now and earn a paycheck without the added responsibility. KA needed 2 years of development from a physical standpoint. It didn't matter if it was Dayton, Duke, or Wittenberg...he needed to physically develop. He has the physical tools and now he can refine those elsewhere without the demands and requirements of being a student. If I don't need the degree, then why stay? I am willing to bet those giving him advice probably said the same thing...go somewhere...anywhere...get a couple years to physically develop a bit and do whatever needs to be done to go pro. In every one of those instances, he doesn't need a college basketball program to get there.

Last edited by shocka43; 03-24-2018 at 08:53 AM..
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (03-24-2018), IAFlyer (03-26-2018), JimBo (03-24-2018), jumpin' joe (03-24-2018), Radar (03-24-2018), Runnin' Rebel (03-24-2018), Sea Bass (03-24-2018), THirt (03-24-2018), Viperstick (03-25-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 09:38 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
This thought just occurred to me: if KA doesn’t value a college education, to the point that he dropped out before the semester was over, it’s now easy to see why he had problems qualifying academically coming out of high school. He may well have not seen the value in a high school education, either.

And while he may be able to succeed just fine playing overseas without an education, I’m reminded of 2 sayings from my youth:
-A fool and his money are soon parted. (Dr. John Bridges)
-I pity the fool! (Mr. T)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
This thought just occurred to me: if KA doesn’t value a college education, to the point that he dropped out before the semester was over, it’s now easy to see why he had problems qualifying academically coming out of high school. He may well have not seen the value in a high school education, either.

And while he may be able to succeed just fine playing overseas without an education, I’m reminded of 2 sayings from my youth:
-A fool and his money are soon parted. (Dr. John Bridges)
-I pity the fool! (Mr. T)
Posted via Mobile Device
Agree with all of this ^ and add this thought: The one thing KA has - that other physically talented players don't have in a similar "potential NBA talent career" - is a big brother with a $100 million dollar contract. If KA has a career ending injury next year... no degree... he likely can live off his brother the rest of his life. Not a bad insurance policy. And I'm sure his brother told him that.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:45 AM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Agree with all of this ^ and add this thought: The one thing KA has - that other physically talented players don't have in a similar "potential NBA talent career" - is a big brother with a $100 million dollar contract. If KA has a career ending injury next year... no degree... he likely can live off his brother the rest of his life. Not a bad insurance policy. And I'm sure his brother told him that.
Saw where his brother is going to be a featured subject on 60 Minutes this week. I might have to watch that show for a change.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I see a player that is hyped to be the next big thing and AG doesn't allow him to be on his own program with not buying in. AG proves to the team and other players that it doesn't matter how good you are, if you aren't on board with what he is selling (even if you would be the better player on the floor), you aren't playing in order to set the tone for years to come.
Sort of like Huggy Bear saying when he benched Staten - He wants to do things his way. He thinks they are better than my way. Well, they may be, but he's still going to do things my way. (I almost started liking Huggy after those comments.)
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-24-2018), Jack D (03-25-2018), Lowd&ProUD (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 12:14 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
So we can book it?!
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 12:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
So we can book it?!
Yes Dano
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-24-2018), OSU Flyer (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 12:56 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Landers and Jordan Davis are potential starters? I thought Archie quit recruiting after the Crosby class
Old 03-24-2018, 02:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Landers and Jordan Davis are potential starters? I thought Archie quit recruiting after the Crosby class
Credit AG with coaching them up
Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM
General of the Air Force

You could make an argument that his recruiting tailed-off after the Scoochie class. We got Baby D, Big Steve, and Cooke the following year, but then it was 2K19 (with Mikesell as the lone holdover), Landers & Kostas, and the Class of ‘21 where Jordan Davis is the only recruit left of the 5 who signed with Archie.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2018, 09:11 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Credit AG with coaching them up
Sure AG is developing both. But look at their respective high school results. They both have a lot of talent. For UD these are solid recruits.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
You could make an argument that his recruiting tailed-off after the Scoochie class. We got Baby D, Big Steve, and Cooke the following year, but then it was 2K19 (with Mikesell as the lone holdover), Landers & Kostas, and the Class of ‘21 where Jordan Davis is the only recruit left of the 5 who signed with Archie.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not too happy with what happened with Archie leaving and I support coach Grant but Archie did have Wright and Carter coming in this class along with Jordan Davis. Not exactly chumps.

Last edited by CE80; 03-25-2018 at 12:55 PM..
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-26-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 11:01 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Why do I smell a 30 for 30 story about the Antek-whatever brothers in 10-15 years?
Old 03-25-2018, 01:48 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
What I hate about "lock" there is always a key somewhere
Old 03-25-2018, 02:37 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I'm to to happy with what happened with Archie leaving and I support coach Grant but Archie did have Wright and Carter coming in this class along with Jordan Davis. Not exactly chumps.
I’ll agree that Wright and Carter would have been good additions this year. But I’m perfectly happy having Crutcher at PG, and if having Carter would have meant less court time for Landers, I’m not so sure I’d have wanted that trade-off.

But the fact remains that, of the last 2 classes that AM recruited and that had an opportunity to play for him, we only have 3 out of 7 remaining (Mikesell, Cunningham, and Landers), none of whom is taller than 6’7”. I don’t really care whose fault that is, because the blame game doesn’t move the program forward at this point. It’s just frustrating and disappointing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2018, 12:06 PM

McKinley Wright was a good player this year, but not a great player. Colorado had a similar season to ours. And I'll say it again that McKinley's presents this year would have done negative things to DD. His fragile psych would have struggled with the competition all season long. He would have been seeking reassurance with every bad pass and dribble off his foot. It was not a situation where 1 + 1 would equal 2.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Why do I smell a 30 for 30 story about the Antek-whatever brothers in 10-15 years?
Bit on 60 Minutes last night on Giannis was pretty good. Seems like a genuine and humble individual.

With that said, that piece further leads me to believe that Kostas has unlimited support from his brother in terms of resources as some have questioned. Just a personal observation.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (04-02-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 01:04 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still waiting for the Craigslist ad looking for D1 basketball players. Our roster is looking quite sparse.

Oh well, it's frankly been a mass exodus of people that wouldn't/couldn't cut it. But, without careful planning this could make our class balance all kinds of catawampus.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:27 PM

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Off-topic.

I wanted to see how BG was doing at USF.

Wow, BG dealt with a mass exodus of 7 outbound players when he took over at USF.

6 scholarship players transferred out of USF after BG was named hc, and 1 player transferred out before BG was named hc.

BG only inherited 4 scholarship players...Manderson, Da Silva, Martin, and Troy Holston, Jr.

BG signed 9 new players last spring.

And Da Silva is transferring out now.

So, BG has 3 inherited scholarship players left vs. the 10 that he started with.

That is a massive amount of additions and subtractions that had to be dealt with in only about the last 12 months.

I wish BG the best of luck.

Outbound transfers:

Mike Bibby, Jr.
Ruben Guerrero
Bo Zeigler
Geno Thorpe, opted to graduate instead of returning, transferred to Syracuse
Malik Fitts
Luis Santos
Jahmal McMurray, transferred 9 games into fired hc Orlando Antigua's last season, transferred to SMU.

USF has had a rough time with players leaving since former hc Heath was fired.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...wYF9ezFRuAllO/:

At the time of McMurray’s transfer, he was the 13th player with eligibility left to exit (or be dismissed from) the program since the removal of former coach Stan Heath in March 2014.

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.p...d-to-growing-l

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/usf...1aead6da8.html

http://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2017

Last edited by ud2; 04-02-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Old 04-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing as the record for the Bulls in the previous three years was 23-70. BG losing the seven scholarship players could be viewed as a good thing. Very similar to the house cleaning at UD this year. BG was 10- 23 this year, while a long way from good, it was one win better than each of the previous three years. As I live in the central Florida area, I follow the Bulls to some degree and wish BG well. Will be interesting to see how the next few years develop.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:44 PM
General

Per Twitter Jordan Pierce is off to Odessa Junior College in Texas
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (06-21-2018), frisco flyer (06-21-2018), Justin (06-21-2018), MNFats (06-21-2018), Ready Action (06-21-2018), UDDude (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
The program that produced the great Larry Johnson. The Odessa Grandmamas. That is not their official team name. But it should be.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 08:42 AM
General of the Air Force

Per Twitter Jordan Pierce is off to Odessa Junior College in Texas
Going from the Garden State of NJ to the garden spot of Texas.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:44 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
On the Odessa Junior college academic schedule, i see that the second session of summer school starts 07/13. I do not see the last date to register for the second session of summer classes. Clearly, he is registering for classes in order to practice with the team during the summer.

A kid of his size does not go unnoticed. I wonder if a big school is not stashing him for one year to get him some playing time and watch him? For generations, Kansas has stashed kids at Emporia State. Sometimes , the kid moves up to Kansas and sometimes not.

If a kid does not want to transfer to a smaller school and the bigger school does not think he is ready then i can see a kid being willing to spend one year being watched.

I see head coach Bauman is from UTEP. I wonder if that is the relationship.

On a note, Odessa Junior college has a much bigger roster than Dayton. I count 7 players 6’6” or taller with two guys at 6’11”.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2018, 09:13 AM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
DDN: Former Dayton Flyers center finds new home for basketball career

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...3x4lZRfoblpdP/

"Odessa has played in three straight National Junior College Athletic Association tournaments. It finished 28-5 last season under coach Tra Arnold, who left to become an assistant coach at Iona. Its new coach is Kris Baumann, who was previously an assistant coach at the University of Texas at El Paso."
Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 03:07 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Unless this kid turns around his desire and attitude, his size will never translate into anything viable at any level.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Unless this kid turns around his desire and attitude, his size will never translate into anything viable at any level.
Yeah, he reminds me of a quote I heard attributed to Kenyon Martin years ago. Something to the effect of, a reporter asked him where he thought he’d be if he didn’t have his renowned desire and work ethic, and Martin gestured in the direction of his teammate Donald Little, and said “Like him.” Or something to that effect.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 07:03 PM
General

Donald Little that guy was a piece of work
Old 06-22-2018, 11:23 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, he reminds me of a quote I heard attributed to Kenyon Martin years ago. Something to the effect of, a reporter asked him where he thought he’d be if he didn’t have his renowned desire and work ethic, and Martin gestured in the direction of his teammate Donald Little, and said “Like him.” Or something to that effect.
Posted via Mobile Device
And by "like him" I suppose he meant facing charges for assaulting, kidnapping and torturing his roommate. But knowing those bearcat teams he played on, I imagine Kenyon Martin could have pointed to just about anyone in that locker room and made approximately the same point.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:33 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
can Someone retitle this thread?