Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Captain

UDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the rough
4 regular games left-sets for these four?

Per the statistics as of today, only four players on the statistics list, Jordan, Brianna, Megan and Sierra (with 37, 22 16 and 9 sets) have played in less than 75 of Dayton's 85 sets YTD.

Given our strong record of only one loss and only one game going 5 sets, you would expect more time for some ,or all, of these four, especially against LaSalle and Davidson. However, given our SOS situation, I think TH wants to go into the A-10 conference tournament with only one loss and none in conference. This would give us the possibility of an NCAA at large bid, if we do not win the conference tournament, especially if we should lose in the finals.

I would like to see some play from Jordan and Sierra who I think have serving and blocking skills respectively that might fit certain situations, I doubt if TH will risk it.

Last edited by UDSpud; 10-29-2016 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: remove space from La Salle
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2016, 09:41 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really nice
Posted via Mobile Device

After UD has run over the A10 in the regular season, and unless SLU squares away their setting troubles in 2 weeks, AND unless something happens to Jane, I hate to jinx it but I can't see UD needing an at-large bid. I'll be shocked if we lose 2 sets in the tourney, but that's why they play the matches.

Last edited by UDVBFan; 10-29-2016 at 09:44 PM..
Old 10-30-2016, 07:29 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
We went thru a couple weeks were we didn't play that great. I think that COULD have impacted some playing time for the players above. For example, we didn't play very well against LaSalle in the 2nd set. If we had, I think you would have seen more subs in the 3rd set. Against Davidson, none of the 3 sets were blow outs. We dropped a set against Duquesne, who just lost to George Mason for GMs second a10 win this year.

Now we are into the home stretch, gearing up to peak in the NCAAs, so you want your rotation set and running like a well oiled machine. LaSalle II match might be an opportunity, but we have to play well the first two sets for it to happen. We just played our best match against SLU. Still room to improve, but it was good to see after a couple sloppy wins.