UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2015 Match Threads

2015 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
SLU Match

Big A-10 showdown today. I know of a couple alums that will be in the house cheering on the Flyers. For volleyball -- this is historically the biggest match for the team in-conference. It's good to see both programs back atop the standings with it all on the line.

Go Flyers!
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Big A-10 showdown today. I know of a couple alums that will be in the house cheering on the Flyers. For volleyball -- this is historically the biggest match for the team in-conference. It's good to see both programs back atop the standings with it all on the line.

Go Flyers!
Beckys, agreed! Also makes for one helluva' week after the Flyers take down earlier this week in Cincy of X.

I am so excited about where this team is and where Tim seems to be taking them going forward!

Big step today------I feel pretty good!

Go Flyers!
Old 10-24-2015, 01:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Ud seemed to lose momentum at the nd of set 1 even though they wion it. Since this set was 6 - 6 slu has dominated. I dont think our passing is very good although I am not charting it. Slu outplayed us in every category

Last edited by UDBrian; 10-24-2015 at 01:58 PM..
Old 10-24-2015, 02:16 PM
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Need to pass the ball well so we csn feed the middles great play for alaina on tight set to tie it at thirteen. Blocking has really picked up

Last edited by UDBrian; 10-24-2015 at 02:24 PM..
Old 10-24-2015, 02:46 PM
General of the Air Force

Big kill by a laina. 2015-11 going to watch bball
Old 10-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
We set the middle better today then I have seen this year. That also means we had to pass well. We are clearly in a 2-setter offense which gives us 3 hitters in the front row at all times. That also gives us Alaina-Janna-Margo in the back row with Amber playing a 1/2 rotation back there when she serves. They went after Amber on those rotations and she held her own --which is way above average for a middle blocker playing back row even for just a half rotation. Also thought Jess Sloan swung really well from the left OH. Her hitting percentage was .188 which is only so-so -- but I thought she made some very SMART swings that you don't see from a sophomore very often. And I think Jenna has played well lately.

Aside from the 2nd -- and like UDBrian said - the end of the 1st, we played well. And, I thought Angel Agu played one of her better matches this year.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (10-25-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,098 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Sloo gives out scholarships too. Before they lost to VCU they had won 15 in a row. This was a huge win because we've beaten now played and beaten every single team in the league. We have 2 games on everyone which means we have a loss in hand against anyone left, so any single loss to any remaining team would not affect standings as long as we won all other matches.

We've won like 12 of the last 13 to Sloo. Man that feels good.

We also own the 3rd longest active winning streak in the country (15) and are tied for the longest active conference winning streak in the country (19) with WKU. If WKU plays and wins today they jump ahead.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (10-25-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a volleyball expert, but enjoyed the first three games before going to UD arena. I thought today was best atmosphere I have seen in that building. and it seemed the game score followed the blocking. To my novice eye, I would guess the only game SLU out blocked us was the second game (lose).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2015, 06:41 PM
General of the Air Force

It was the best atmosphere in a while but a couple of matches like Xavier were basically standing room.

The middles were on fire. I don't think the passing was exceptional but both setters went to the middle when they had three option passes. I thought ud had a big advantage there. Megan sets a nice 1/2 ball

In set 2 we hit below .100 The other sets we hit .275 or better

Amber and Alaina played very well and I thought that Jessica played more comfortably and confidently

I usually defend servers because you need to be aggressive but 15 errors just shows a lack of concentration Alaina had a great serving run in set 4. Someone behind me said "that is two good serves in a row, that is three in a row, that is four, that is five, that is six, that is seven, that is eight in a row" If Megan can consistently get her serve in it will be some easy points, she can have a great serve
Old 10-24-2015, 10:07 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Very enjoyable match. That serving run by Turner in set 4 really broke the back of the Billikens. Even a SLU timeout could not stop it.

A lot of those service errors were from Emmenecker and Giardina as they rotated back onto the court and going straight back to serve.They were both too pumped up and hitting them long.

After having to pull it out of the toolbox against _avier, looks like the 6-2 offense may stick around for a while. I kind of like it.

Last edited by ud69; 10-24-2015 at 10:21 PM..
Old 10-25-2015, 08:40 AM
General of the Air Force

I want servers to be aggressive but if you sub in it might be best to back off a bit and get a serve into the court. That is essentially one player with 10 service errors. And they can both be good servers, Megan in particular can be really good when she hits that ball hard, fast and low.

I should add that it isn't easy coming in cold to serve. I have always been impressed with designated servers who can come in cold and produce an effective serve. Rachael Broerman was one of those people.

Last edited by UDBrian; 10-25-2015 at 09:20 AM..
Old 10-26-2015, 11:40 AM
General of the Air Force

My mistake saying that the service errors were from one position with a 6/2 the setters replace a position player when they rotate into the back row