Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-28-2018, 11:09 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
Yes or no

Tired of this board all year ...we have UD Scott's coming out of the woodwork
EVERYONE should have applied for the Head Coaching JOB because they are way more qualified.
Is this year a disappoint? Hell yes
Are we going to get back to what we expect and DEMAND -- NCCA bid? Not Sure
YES or NO--no comments -- just YES or NO
Do you want AG FIRED at the end of this year?
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2018, 12:39 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
heck no!!!
Old 01-29-2018, 01:48 AM
Major

cralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post
EVERYONE should have applied for the Head Coaching JOB because they are way more qualified.
Here I go breaking the rules already but wouldn't it be easier to do a poll? You do know no one is going to respect your rules about comments, don't you? See there a reply requires at least 5 characters

Last edited by cralford; 01-29-2018 at 01:50 AM..
Old 01-29-2018, 01:49 AM
Major

cralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond repute
Noooo
Old 01-29-2018, 02:18 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cralford View Post
Here I go breaking the rules already but wouldn't it be easier to do a poll? You do know no one is going to respect your rules about comments, don't you? See there a reply requires at least 5 characters
Why should they respect the rules? He spends his first 4 lines getting his editorial in and then says "yes or no" no comments. Screw that.

So I'm going to qualify it.

No, I don't want him fired after one season. But if I had to do over again, he would never have been hired.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (01-29-2018), flyerfanatic86 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 05:30 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
No
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2018, 06:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
No
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh sh*t, this is too much temptation. My comment, "no direction, no cohesion, no purpose, no fire, no fight" was misdirected. In hindsight I see the reference was to myself (smile).

The constriction, and thus constipation here concerning AG criticism having negative impact is truly nonsensical. I mean, if AG has his vision, passion, and necessary intent then he will make things happen. Externals do not overcome that.

I do not doubt AG has the knowledge and skills to recruit and coach. I am certain you will see improvement (he will not be removed). In a few years Dayton will be invited to the NIT. There are foreseeable NCAA possibilities. Seven years pass....
The landscape of the A-10 changes, the goals for Dayton are modified in the AG era.
(Oh.. okay, Longtimefan, among few NIT bids, there is a single one and done auto-NCAA. That is the decade after, so you won't see it

Administration missed its window, is compromised by its own ineptness, and cannot act.
Firing would surely risk demise. Still, my answer to you Donniex3Era, is YES.
Mad Props to forego1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 08:02 AM
1st Lieutenant

UD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud of
Just read on the DDN that Coach Grant and his coaching team are going to sit down and maybe reevaluate playing players (and not sitting them) in the first half with two fouls. Stuff like this worries me. Seems like they do not have any core values to their coaching. Seems like they are grasping at straws, to find something that works. The entire program from the coaches to the players seem very undisciplined. No direction, no focus.

I remember when Jim O'Brien was the coach, and as I would drive home from all of the losses I would hear him on the post game show explain why we lost, and it was always the same reasons/story. He had no idea how to fix it and obviously could not. Today situation feels eerily and unfortunately similar.

Last edited by UD_Earl; 01-29-2018 at 08:05 AM..
Old 01-29-2018, 08:40 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
No, I don't want him fired after one season. But if I had to do over again, he would never have been hired.
No...ditto
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 08:46 AM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
Maybe

Last edited by Browns; 01-31-2018 at 07:09 AM..
Old 01-29-2018, 08:48 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
No...ditto
Same here.

AG would never would have been hired because Archie would never have quit.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:18 AM
Colonel

udscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these partsudscott is infamous around these parts
out of the woodwork, do u see my join date ?

YES
Old 01-29-2018, 10:57 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donniex3Era View Post
I am going to break the rules and include comments with my answers, due to the fact that you are asking loaded questions.

Is this year a disappoint? Yes, definitely.

Are we going to get back to what we expect and DEMAND -- NCCA bid? Yes, we will eventually return to the NCAAT with Grant, but we will not get there quickly enough, and we will not get there often enough, as compared to how quickly and how often we should be getting there. We will do much worse than we did under Archie.

Do you want AG FIRED at the end of this year? Yes, definitely, but I know that is never going to happen.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:10 AM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Heck no!!

This year is a huge disappointment, but what I expected.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:53 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Na baby nah.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:16 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
NO! do you want Cohill to leave?
Old 01-29-2018, 12:21 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
No way.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Ask this question in 3 years. Way to soon.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Donniex3Era (01-29-2018), longtimefan (01-29-2018), m21eagle45 (01-29-2018), MNFats (01-29-2018), SLUFLYER (01-29-2018), Southwest (01-29-2018), UD62 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 12:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Browns View Post
Yes......
Not surprised coming from a Browns fan. They change coaches as frequently as Rollo changes John R's adult diaper.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (01-29-2018), rollo (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Firing Anthony Grant at the end of this season would be an irresponsible decision, even if you didn't agree with his hiring.

Hiring Anthony Grant may not have been a great hire, only time will tell, but his hiring certainly wasn't an irresponsible one.

Fans and board posters suggesting that they've observed enough of Anthony Grant to already determine whether or not his hiring will be a success are simply premature. At this point, your evaluation and pre-determined conclusion are just a guess. If you're qualified enough that it's not a guess, then you would be earning $500,000 plus doing it for a living and not posting/boasting about it on a message board.

Last edited by SLUFLYER; 01-29-2018 at 06:19 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (01-29-2018), SeasonTicketFan (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 01:38 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher can't shoot! (44% in his last 8 games from 3, averaging 6.5 attempts per game)

XW never could shoot! (44% in A10 play)

I think y'all should follow the old adage that it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (01-29-2018), Flyer 86 (01-29-2018), m21eagle45 (01-29-2018), MNFats (01-29-2018), San Diego Flyer (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 01:53 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
NO. If UD fired AG after one season (and there is zero percent chance barring a scandal and AG is as totally ethical so no concerns), I would no longer support UD basketball.

AG gets 4-5 years. No one knows how successful he will be except perhaps Neil Sullivan who might have an inkling now. He had a good idea (along with Tim Wabler) regarding Archie's progression before the wins came due to observing recruiting, practices, etc. Based upon these observations, the Athletic Department gave Archie an extension in January 2014 when this board was calling for him to be fired. We all likely will not know about AG for 4-5 years, but Neil will likely have a good idea 2-3 years in.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:02 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
No

I wish AG great success at UD.
Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 02:21 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
No! And what coach do you think would ever come here if we, a mid-major, fired an alum of the school after just one season? Here’s your answer, only the guy who is coaching the CYO league next-door at Holy Angels and thought they could take their shot at college basketball. Give him at least three years. This season has been disappointing, but get a grip!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Donniex3Era (01-29-2018), longtimefan67 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
NO! I am disappointed mostly with the inconsistency but every new coach should at least get 5 years. Some on here are already trying to compare him to Jim O'Brien! Are you kidding me! Even JOB had 5 years! AG has already recruited Dwayne Cohill who I think will be a difference maker next season. JOB was a terrible recruiter and couldn't recruit a 2 star let alone a 4 star! We all suffered through 4-26 and 6-21 seasons in 1992-93 and 1993-94. I think recruiting is the lifeblood of any program and I am anxious to see what other recruits Anthony Grant signs next year and the years to come.

Heck, I am anxious to see Ryan Mikesell and Obadiah Toppin play next season as well. The freshman seem to be getting better with each and every game.
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan67 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 03:04 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD_Earl View Post
Just read on the DDN that Coach Grant and his coaching team are going to sit down and maybe reevaluate playing players (and not sitting them) in the first half with two fouls. Stuff like this worries me. Seems like they do not have any core values to their coaching. Seems like they are grasping at straws, to find something that works. The entire program from the coaches to the players seem very undisciplined. No direction, no focus.
When I read that I had the exact opposite reaction. Most coaches sit players who get two fouls in the first half. I think it is a good thing to discuss it and possibly be more flexible depending on the situation. If he continued to sit players with two fouls (which most coaches do) due to some rigid policy you would probably criticize him for not being more flexible.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 03:05 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I know, let's fire AG this year and then see who is lined up to take a job that every single year, depending on results, without their own players, can be fired. Sounds like a recipe for success, said no one ever.

Maybe Grant shouldn't have been the selection. I'm not saying that, but that was an option at one time. But that doesn't matter now. He's here, he gets a chance to prove himself. That window does not close after 9 months from hire date.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:10 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
No. I hope his love for UD turns into success for the Flyers.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
No

So much for the idea that no one on here is wanting AG fired.

A better poll would be

‘Are the people answering or leaning Yes most likely’
A. Arrogant
B. Bitter about life in general
C. Not sports savvy
D. Impatient and Entitled
E. All of the above
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
I know what I said, yet...

It would be disgraceful to fire AG. Period. In context, it is nearly inconceivable.

AG needs to trust himself and let an inferno under his a*ss and show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39eOdlP4Z5I
Old 01-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Captain

Southwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to behold
Are you even serious? Not just no...HELL NO!!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:34 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
No

A better poll would be

A. Arrogant
C. Not sports savvy
E. All of the above
Posted via Mobile Device
Can't answer that but I know of one "NO" voter that is E.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:29 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
John Wooden couldn't win with this roster.

Two inexperienced freshmen guards that can't guard anyone, a guy who should be a spark off the bench with no real position starting, an inconsistent senior and a great 4 playing out of position are his best assets. AG's got virtually nothing on the bench. We may be overachieving based on the talent and experience.

Not surprised Archie left for IU, a lesser man would have fled the country!
Posted via Mobile Device
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (01-29-2018), Donniex3Era (01-29-2018), Flyer 86 (01-31-2018), Gazoo (01-30-2018), jack72 (01-29-2018), longtimefan67 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't answer that but I know of one "NO" voter that is E.
He's got more problems and issues than the "E", but you didn't list an "F" or a "G"....

Not only do I not want him fired this year, I want him to retire as head coach. Anthony Grant will go down as one of the best coaches ever hired.
I takes time to develop and recruit the kind of players he needs to build his program. Right now he's working with and starting the best players he has to succeed. Some are flourishing under his system, some are not. Some are young, learning and will be very, very good. Some will transfer at the end of the season. Not everyone is buying into the concept of defense. One or 2 players actually playing defense cannot do it all.

It took Mike Krzyzewski 4 years to turn Duke into a powerhouse, his first 3 years were awful to say the least and many wanted him fired. Good thing the Duke administration didn't listen to "Duke Pride" huh?

So again, the answer is NO and AYFKM?
Old 01-29-2018, 06:26 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
No

...but ask again in two years
Old 01-29-2018, 06:40 PM
1st Lieutenant

flyerman is a splendid one to beholdflyerman is a splendid one to beholdflyerman is a splendid one to beholdflyerman is a splendid one to beholdflyerman is a splendid one to beholdflyerman is a splendid one to beholdflyerman is a splendid one to beholdflyerman is a splendid one to behold
no, this is dumb. This year is going exactly like I expected I would. The same people that are voting "yes" were asking for Archies head a few years ago when he was 0-5 in conference play. AG gets a couple years to put it together.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:49 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
No

Talk to me in April 2020.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:53 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
If AG had inherited last year's squad, it would be one thing. But seriously, look at the roster. I hate to call people stupid but I am certainly implying it.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Got to be one of the top five dumbest threads in recent memory.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:57 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
No

A better poll would be

A. Arrogant
C. Not sports savvy
E. All of the above
Posted via Mobile Device
Translated....Don't question the coach, but I can question all of you? It's a message board, what do you expect? This doesn't exactly set you apart.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:41 PM
Major

Donniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant futureDonniex3Era has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Got to be one of the top five dumbest threads in recent memory.
Why? I was merely sick and tired of the complaining about AG and wanted to
have the posters who do it constantly come out from under their rocks and say it
Old 01-29-2018, 10:52 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Translated....Don't question the coach, but I can question all of you? It's a message board, what do you expect? This doesn't exactly set you apart.
Translated my reading comprehension skills are on the 2nd grade level.

That’s almost funny. Don’t question the coach? We have some here who want him fired 21 games into his first season because their feelings are hurt. Questioning anything with even a new coach is fine as long as it is rationally and factually based. Stating he can’t coach because he chooses to do things his way and not your way is a far cry from questioning him.

I know less Xs and Os about basketball than almost any other sport I watch or have played. Because of that, I rarely comment on rational coaching or player criticism. This thread and every thread started within the first 5 minutes of a loss is far from rational.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2018, 10:58 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The pivot to the folks who want him fired this year is a way to deflect from any rational criticism of AG
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 08:45 AM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I will change my answer: no, I do not want him fired at the end of the year, that would be too damaging to the program, as we would likely not be able to attract other desirable candidates to replace him. I was not a supporter of his hiring. I am very frustrated right now.

Last edited by ud2; 01-30-2018 at 08:49 AM..
Old 01-30-2018, 08:11 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
No

Cancer Survivor Amen
Old 01-30-2018, 08:25 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
No. Let's ask this question next after he builds his team.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:57 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
No, Archie Miller and Indiana losing again tonight and have a 12-11 record. Obviously, by UDscott logic, he can't coach and should be fired after one season. Also, like his Dayton teams, IU cant shoot free throws. Both AG and AM need time to build their teams. The knee-jerk reaction by some UD fans is completely ridiculous and baseless.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
Donniex3Era (01-31-2018), Larymike (01-31-2018), Radar (01-31-2018), ruechalgrin (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 11:38 AM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer14 is a jewel in the roughFlyer14 is a jewel in the roughFlyer14 is a jewel in the roughFlyer14 is a jewel in the rough
We're one game below 500 with a new coach, a new roster, and a new system. This is stupid and this board is toxic.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer14 For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (02-01-2018), jack72 (01-31-2018), Monster Man (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
No...needs to be given a chance...but that can change after next year...or the next...or the next...