UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-14-2018, 01:24 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Subs

We only had 3 subs available against VCU (No disrespect to the walk-ons with that comment) - MS, Crosby and X. They played 11, 14 and 14 minutes respectively. They all scored. They all had assists and MS and X each had 2 rebounds. I’ll take that every night and twice on Sundays from our bench. Get in and contribute. It’s especially good to see X come in and go 3-3 from 3 point land and get 2 rebounds. We need him to build on that because there will be nights we need more productive minutes from him due to foul trouble.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (01-17-2018)
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2018, 04:08 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
We only had 3 subs available against VCU (No disrespect to the walk-ons with that comment) - MS, Crosby and X. They played 11, 14 and 14 minutes respectively. They all scored. They all had assists and MS and X each had 2 rebounds. I’ll take that every night and twice on Sundays from our bench. Get in and contribute. It’s especially good to see X come in and go 3-3 from 3 point land and get 2 rebounds. We need him to build on that because there will be nights we need more productive minutes from him due to foul trouble.
Was JP not available? If we needed him due to injury or foul trouble, he actually might have been available. I know he was disciplined for the Richmond game but heard nothing about the VCU game. Though him not getting in at garbage time is clue, he still might have been considered available had the team needed him.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Was JP not available? If we needed him due to injury or foul trouble, he actually might have been available. I know he was disciplined for the Richmond game but heard nothing about the VCU game. Though him not getting in at garbage time is clue, he still might have been considered available had the team needed him.
Was Pierce on the bench and dressed?
Old 01-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I just checked the DVR and Pierce was in uniform on the bench so I guess he was available.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-14-2018), jack72 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 04:36 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I just checked the DVR and Pierce was in uniform on the bench so I guess he was available.
Which begs the question why he didn't get in the game at garbage time. I'm going to guess that he was still being disciplined but due to Kostas being unavailable, they suited him up for an emergency.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:29 AM
Captain

sopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud of
Which begs the question why he didn't get in the game at garbage time. I'm going to guess that he was still being disciplined but due to Kostas being unavailable, they suited him up for an emergency.
I have never heard of a circumstance where a coach would sit a player down for disciplinary reasons, yet make him available for emergency purposes.

If he was dressed, I cannot imagine he was still being disciplined.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:20 AM
General

Originally Posted by sopaw10 View Post
I have never heard of a circumstance where a coach would sit a player down for disciplinary reasons, yet make him available for emergency purposes.

If he was dressed, I cannot imagine he was still being disciplined.
How many times have you run across circumstances where the walk-ons get preference over the scholarship bench players? Something's unusual about this situation. And as someone mentioned in another thread, it was his birthday on Friday. Very strange.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
sopaw10 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 07:49 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
And here I thought this thread was going to be about Jersey Mike's SUBS ......

Say it an't so, NJflyr71 over and out.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:04 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
And here I thought this thread was going to be about Jersey Mike's SUBS ......

Say it an't so, NJflyr71 over and out.
It can be if you want it to be...
Old 01-15-2018, 03:51 PM
Captain

sopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud of
How many times have you run across circumstances where the walk-ons get preference over the scholarship bench players? Something's unusual about this situation. And as someone mentioned in another thread, it was his birthday on Friday. Very strange.
I agree with you completely. It is very strange. I do not have an explanation that makes sense.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a dollar that says he's really an NBA caliber player that AG is holding for that one right moment when we can release him on the world.

I was kidding about the dollar...
Old 01-15-2018, 07:56 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
He's on the bench not because of discipline.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (01-17-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 10:49 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have a problem with walk-ons getting time over a ship player. Players earn playing time. Walk-ons bust their butts with no expectation of ever getting in a game. If Pierce isn't under disciplinary action, then he's not getting time because he hasn't earned it. I hope he does, because we could use him.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:06 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sopaw10 View Post
I agree with you completely. It is very strange. I do not have an explanation that makes sense.
...and don't look for our "inquiring-minds-want-to-know" Dayton media to ask about JP.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 07:29 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
You don't think Bedell and Hartsock ask the hard questions?

In other words, see the disappearance of Norm Grevey.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I would tend to agree, but then it seems strange that he wouldn't get some time at the end of the game with the walk-ons...right?

Whole thing seems strange to me.
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Since all there seems to be is wild speculation, how about "he is concentrating 're-sculpting' his body", ala Big Steve. Didn't Steve show up 300+; and get down to a svelte 260 by his 2nd year? With that kind of weight loss, it would be a challenge to also stay in game shape.
Again, just wild speculation.....
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (01-16-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 10:53 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
bingo... mystery solved....) if we had gotten down to 4 players, he might of seen time