Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 02:13 PM
1st Lieutenant

DickB 309 has a spectacular aura aboutDickB 309 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Possible congestion at game tonight

(I posted this at the end of another thread that most of you may not have seen. Hope this doesn't get ENZOed.)

My neighbor tells me that there will be a series of peewee football games at Welcome Stadium today. This is Super Bowl Sunday for the WOJFC (Western Ohio Junior Football Conference) and there are several games scheduled to start between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM. The last game will probably run past the start of the UD BB game.

He says these games will be pretty well attended, so this will compound the bridge problem. Suggest leaving for the game early since you may be competing for parking space in at least the D lot.
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2008, 04:31 PM
General

Thanked 4,344 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
just got back from my nephew's championship game. The games won't be that packed, maybe 200-300 people hanging around for that last game. Don't know about the parking situation impact, but it won't be huge. They were only allowing fans to park in the D lot.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of
It was not a problem tonight. The Stewart St. bridge closure has actually made getting to and from the games easier (for those of us coming from I-75/U.S. 35).
Old 11-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigred View Post
It was not a problem tonight. The Stewart St. bridge closure has actually made getting to and from the games easier (for those of us coming from I-75/U.S. 35).
The bridge closure was a HUGE problem for those of us coming from the south on I-75. I don't know where you were coming from, but I-75 north was backed up forever. We barely made it in for the opening tip-off. Parking was a mess too, but that may be because we arrived later than ususal as opposed to the football stuff at Welcome.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Dirty Sanchez can only hope to improve
ahhh, yeah. It was an issue. Coming from South, I will now have to factor in about an extra 15 minutes with the additional traffic.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:48 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Traffic from the south on I-75 was abysmal. I sometimes wonder who is in charge of traffic management.

ODOT puts up these big new electronic signs. I wonder how much they cost. Tells everyone how long it will take to get to I-70. Well, tonight I don't care squat how long it takes to get to I-70. How about putting up some useful info about ingress to the parking lots. Some folks might find it useful.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:18 AM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Coming from I-75 South was terrible. It took an extra 30 minutes. Does anyone know if it is faster to go up an exit turn around and come back from the North?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
Come early

We took I-75 North from Miamisburg and had no wait at all, but we pulled in C Lot right at 5:30. My advice would be to get there asap. We got both Rudy specials for dinner and it fed our family of four just great! For $10 we got two hot dogs, two pretzels w/ cheese, a bag of chips and three drinks. What a steal!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Captain

Flyer Jones is a name known to allFlyer Jones is a name known to allFlyer Jones is a name known to allFlyer Jones is a name known to allFlyer Jones is a name known to allFlyer Jones is a name known to all
I-75 north (coming from the South) was backed up well past Dryden Road. As ud69 said it was ABYSMAL. I will undoubtedly be late for games this year duriing the work week unless they improve the traffic flow. It took 30+ minutes to get off of the exit once I had started waiting in the line.

Part of the problem was once I got to the traffic light at the Edwin C. Moses Exit ramp, the arrow which is continuosly green was not supported by the traffic flow as they removed the cones which was forcing people to stop exiting the highway and yielding to the oncoming traffic.

It was absolutely horrible.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,080 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Driving South on I75 was fantastic. Closing the bridge saved me 5 or 10 minutes. I got on I75 south from US 35 and exited at stewart street.

I should probably keep this to myself!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:02 AM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer Jones View Post
I-75 north (coming from the South) was backed up well past Dryden Road. As ud69 said it was ABYSMAL. I will undoubtedly be late for games this year duriing the work week unless they improve the traffic flow. It took 30+ minutes to get off of the exit once I had started waiting in the line.

Part of the problem was once I got to the traffic light at the Edwin C. Moses Exit ramp, the arrow which is continuosly green was not supported by the traffic flow as they removed the cones which was forcing people to stop exiting the highway and yielding to the oncoming traffic.

It was absolutely horrible.
Ah -yes. But there was one of Dayton's finest sitting at the bottom of the ramp in his warm cruiser taking it all in.

Last edited by ud69; 11-17-2008 at 10:07 AM..
Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
easier in and out

Coming across the Washington Street bridge and south on Edwin C. Moses was a piece of cake. The bridge closure has also made post game departure much easier as there are fewer lights and less cross traffic at Stewart St.
Althought the distance was greater, it probably took less time to get to Flanagen's than in the past.
It is unfortuante for those students who used to walk to the arena. Standing around waiting for buses after the game won't be fun. Maybe WHIO could do the BG post game show from the student section?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of
For anyone coming from I-75 south going into the D lots, I would urge you to get off on the Dryden Road exit, take a left off the exit ramp onto Dryden, turn right onto Nicholas Road (Edwin C. Moses), left on Cincinnata St., right on Stewart, right on Edwin C Moses, and right into the parking lot. The Stewart Street bridge closure makes this alot faster.