User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 08:16 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Why did we only score 52 points last night?

My theory:

Early season running guys in and out led to 5 guys playing a combined 27 minutes and scoring 0 points on 0-3 shooting.

Oh, and all that standing around on offense too.
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Colonel

as_4 will become famous soon enough
I think that anytime you give a team 11 Offensive Rebounds it changes the speed of the game. We forced 23 TO's but that was negated by their 11 ORebs which led to them getting 12 2nd chance points. We have to do a much better job boxing out. Def. we actually played awesome, we only gave up 49 points! But that will be lost in the fact that we only scored 52 points.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Everything you guys said and freshman jitters.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer Hub will become famous soon enough
We struggled getting the ball into Huelsman. How many times did we try to lob the ball in to him only to see the pass get intercepted? When he was getting the ball, Wofford collapsed big time on him and we could not knock down the 3 on the kick out.

We missed serveral bunnies which BG alluded to on the post game show.

Our three frosh-CJ, Luke and PW all had that "deer in the headlights" look to them. Once they settle down, we'll have a lot more options offensively.

Lowery was impressive. He seemed comfortable in there with the game on the line and was not afraid to make plays. He'll get lots of minutes, but I worry he'll wear down.

Perry has to find his shot. He'll continue to get open looks and if he does not knock a few down, our post players are going to get smothered.

A win's a win. Bring on Delaware St.!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Flyer Hub View Post
We struggled getting the ball into Huelsman. How many times did we try to lob the ball in to him only to see the pass get intercepted? When he was getting the ball, Wofford collapsed big time on him and we could not knock down the 3 on the kick out.

We missed serveral bunnies which BG alluded to on the post game show.

Our three frosh-CJ, Luke and PW all had that "deer in the headlights" look to them. Once they settle down, we'll have a lot more options offensively.

Lowery was impressive. He seemed comfortable in there with the game on the line and was not afraid to make plays. He'll get lots of minutes, but I worry he'll wear down.

Perry has to find his shot. He'll continue to get open looks and if he does not knock a few down, our post players are going to get smothered.

A win's a win. Bring on Delaware St.!
I doubt Lowery will wear down. The team he played for last year was a run and gun team. If I'm not mistaken, they averaged somwhere around 100 pts per game. That's alot of running.
As far as Perry finding the range, I think he will, it's early in the year. But the other 3 shooters, and I think we have them, need to hit also, Luke especially. But last night, you're right, we lost the frosh because of 1st game jitters.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Brigadier General

The Chef will become famous soon enoughThe Chef will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by swish61 View Post
I doubt Lowery will wear down. The team he played for last year was a run and gun team. If I'm not mistaken, they averaged somwhere around 100 pts per game. That's alot of running.
I think concerns about Lowery wearing down some are actually well founded. Defenses will be far more physical with Lowery that any defense he would have seen at Cecil. Regular physical exertion extends beyond running for a PG in DI hoops. I wouldn't discount the possibility of Lowery having a few off nights because of fatigue. But, that will depend on how much the team needs him and how many minutes he averages.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Major

BlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of lightBlueMiniS is a glorious beacon of light
Another reason was Wofford's offense. They held the ball down to the end of the shot clock nearly every time down the floor. Compounded by many offensive rebounds, Wofford had the ball a lot.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,198 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Because of Wofford's style of play and our lack of rebounding, I am sure that we had less possessions than we wanted. More possessions=more points. I don't know what percentage we shot last night, but we did miss a number of easy shots right at the basket. My biggest concerns right now are rebounding and foul shooting.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,111 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
The offensive philosophy has changed somewhat also so I think it'll take several games for it to start gelling. Practicing an offense against your teammates and actually making it work in an actual game are two entirely different things.

Hopefully, the defense can still keep the team afloat until the offense does start coming together.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
The offensive philosophy has changed somewhat also so I think it'll take several games for it to start gelling. Practicing an offense against your teammates and actually making it work in an actual game are two entirely different things.

Hopefully, the defense can still keep the team afloat until the offense does start coming together.
Agreed. My biggest question is who is going to be our consistent 3rd scorer or 4th for that matter???

I liked what I saw out of RL last night. He didnt let the misses get him down.
Also, if we would have posted KH and CW more often we could have scored at will.