Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
DDN--Archie quote 2/28

“When you have a great relationship with the administration and you combine that with the crazy, rabid fan base and a proud basketball community, those are a lot of things a lot of people don’t have and never will have,” Miller said. “I’m not about to to give that up just because some job calls because I don’t know and no one else knows what those relationships will be like in the future. To me, trust is everything, and we have great trust here.”

Now can we put it to rest? Love you Arch.
Posted via Mobile Device
27 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerinChicago For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-02-2017), Atlantic 10 (03-02-2017), BmoreFlyer (03-02-2017), Bonziflyer (03-02-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (03-02-2017), Buster Goode (03-02-2017), Canonball (03-02-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-01-2017), Flyer14 (03-02-2017), Flyer2 (03-02-2017), flyerfanatic86 (03-02-2017), fuz_forward (03-02-2017), Gazoo (03-02-2017), Jeff (03-02-2017), JimBo (03-02-2017), MrFlyerFanatic (03-02-2017), NJFlyr71 (03-02-2017), Radar (03-02-2017), runnerup (03-02-2017), Runnin' Rebel (03-02-2017), San Diego Flyer (03-02-2017), Smitty10 (03-02-2017), Swampy Meadows (03-02-2017), TMPH66 (03-02-2017), Tony T 71 (03-02-2017), udflyerhoops2 (03-02-2017), UDGutter2 (03-02-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
Of course he has to say that, but my heart says he means it, and my head says he probably isn't to far off base. There are worse things than being a multi-millionaire head coach of a great program with a fan base that thinks you are the next best thing to a man who once walked on water. Archie can get Final Fours right where he is, and this year he may prove it. The future is certain here, and it certainly is bright.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:53 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
I do know that he went out of his way twice on the CBS post-game interview to talk about the fans and one of the best environments in the country. Gave me some hope.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Archie means what he says. He could have just said,"I am happy here", or some similar general comment, but he didn't. He spoke of the specifics that resonate with him about being the head coach at Dayton. Your hope is well founded.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-02-2017), flyerfanatic86 (03-02-2017), Glen Clark (03-02-2017), NJFlyr71 (03-02-2017), San Diego Flyer (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 12:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
When 2/3 or more of the sell out crowd sticks around to watch the Flyers celebrate and cut down the nets, Archie takes notice.

I am starting to be a believer that he is here for quite some time. As LifeLongFlyer said, Archie could have had some canned response, but what he said above sounds genuine and from the heart.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (03-02-2017), San Diego Flyer (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds very convincing and heartfelt to me...that quote will certainly be referenced if he leaves this year.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:39 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
He doesn't have to say that. He can deflect or offer no comment. I think the number of jobs he leaves for is very small. And those firing coaches making multiple NCAAT and Sweer 16s aren't on his list.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by UDDoug; 03-02-2017 at 12:55 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Sounds very convincing and heartfelt to me...that quote will certainly be referenced if he leaves this year.
I am the worst loser EVER, but even if he leaves, I will be forever grateful to the Archus Maximus, the man who made UD BB relevant again on the national stage. That Elite 8 run was the most unexpected and most amazing thing as a fan I have ever experienced, except for what we do this year
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ScottyExpress For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (03-02-2017), Gazoo (03-02-2017), UDTradition (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 AM
Just off the Jet

UDJake17 is on a distinguished road
Who knows whether he'll leave or not (he will eventually). As all have pointed out he always seems genuine in his comments. But something I read a couple years ago has always stuck with me... I don't have a link but he was described as essentially exactly like his father, who stayed a hs coach his whole career, turning down multiple college opportunities.

It means nothing and is anecdotal, but it makes me think he'll really stick around until something like unc or Louisville opens up. Either way, leave or stay, we should certainly appreciate where he's taken the program
Mad Props to UDJake17 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:56 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScottyExpress View Post
I am the worst loser EVER, but even if he leaves, I will be forever grateful to the Archus Maximus, the man who made UD BB relevant again on the national stage. That Elite 8 run was the most unexpected and most amazing thing as a fan I have ever experienced, except for what we do this year
The Elite Eight run was 2nd IMO. What they did with 6 scholarship players and one walkon the following year is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced as a fan and the main reason that the 3 sophs from that year will always be my favorite recruiting class.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (03-02-2017), CE80 (03-02-2017), NJFlyr71 (03-02-2017), sopaw10 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,371 Times in 1,107 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
The Elite Eight run was 2nd IMO. What they did with 6 scholarship players and one walkon the following year is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced as a fan and the main reason that the 3 sophs from that year will always be my favorite recruiting class.
This class is by far the best I have witnessed in all my years (now 50th year as a fan). This group continues to amaze me what they do day in and day out. Agree that the year with 6 + BW was maybe the most impressed I've ever been- but this year may replace that one. This is a dangerous team and if you're a Flyer fan- it doesn't get any better than this. Whenever I hear older fans talk about the heyday of UD BB, i say "THIS is heyday!"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDJake17 View Post
Who knows whether he'll leave or not (he will eventually). As all have pointed out he always seems genuine in his comments. But something I read a couple years ago has always stuck with me... I don't have a link but he was described as essentially exactly like his father, who stayed a hs coach his whole career, turning down multiple college opportunities.

It means nothing and is anecdotal, but it makes me think he'll really stick around until something like unc or Louisville opens up. Either way, leave or stay, we should certainly appreciate where he's taken the program
Took my son the the Father/Son basketball camp a couple years ago, highly recommend it by the way, and John Miller was there along with Archie. After watching them teach the kids and then listening to them interact, they sat next to my son and I for the evening meal, I can attest, they seem to be of the same mind.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-02-2017), SeasonTicketFan (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,411 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Archie means what he says. He could have just said,"I am happy here", or some similar general comment, but he didn't. He spoke of the specifics that resonate with him about being the head coach at Dayton. Your hope is well founded.
Did he have to say something positive about His employer? Yes. But he didn't have to say what he said. There are many nice softball comments that would have been just perfect. He didn't fall back on those coach-speak words. He responded with a heart-felt special comment about what is unique about holding the job of head coach at UD.

I believe there are a handful of jobs he would consider leaving UD for. And every year that list gets shorter as UD continues to rise. Last year co-champs. This year outright champs. Winning the a10 tourney is the next goal up. Making a run in the NCAAs after that. And another great freshman class coming after that with the Greek becoming eligible. The development of our current sophomore class makes it tough to consider leaving. Morgan and his daughter factor into a decision to stay or leave. It's difficult to move a child during their junior high-high school years. The Arena renovations will become a factor. It all adds up to a bigger sum every year Archie stays. We just have to keep this program moving forward so more and more teams fall off his short list. My guess is it's already down to only 5 or 6. I don't know this, but I haven't heard that Archie has gone and interviewed with anyone since arriving in Dayton. I'm sure there have been schools almost every year calling seeking an interview. If Ohio State opens, I'm not going to panic if Archie goes and talks to them. He was an assistant there and Matta would certainly recommend him. But I don't think tOSU is still on his list. He might go interview out of respect for the school and coach. Same about NC St. I could be dead wrong, but I just don't think either are on his short list anymore. UD administration and the Flyer Faithful have taken those off his list. We have to continue to chip away at his list by financial support. Every $10 counts and adds up. If you want to keep Archie, continue to contribute what you can every year. And continue to show up at home and on the road. Make it as hard as you can for him to leave.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-02-2017), jack72 (03-02-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-02-2017), San Diego Flyer (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:42 AM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
He absolutely did not have to go that deep. It was heartfelt and over-the-top. I believe him and also that he is already looking forward to developing a great bunch of newbies to blend with what's returning. It's a great day to be a Flyer----Coach.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Did he have to say something positive about His employer? Yes. But he didn't have to say what he said. There are many nice softball comments that would have been just perfect. He didn't fall back on those coach-speak words. He responded with a heart-felt special comment about what is unique about holding the job of head coach at UD.

I believe there are a handful of jobs he would consider leaving UD for. And every year that list gets shorter as UD continues to rise. Last year co-champs. This year outright champs. Winning the a10 tourney is the next goal up. Making a run in the NCAAs after that. And another great freshman class coming after that with the Greek becoming eligible. The development of our current sophomore class makes it tough to consider leaving. Morgan and his daughter factor into a decision to stay or leave. It's difficult to move a child during their junior high-high school years. The Arena renovations will become a factor. It all adds up to a bigger sum every year Archie stays. We just have to keep this program moving forward so more and more teams fall off his short list. My guess is it's already down to only 5 or 6. I don't know this, but I haven't heard that Archie has gone and interviewed with anyone since arriving in Dayton. I'm sure there have been schools almost every year calling seeking an interview. If Ohio State opens, I'm not going to panic if Archie goes and talks to them. He was an assistant there and Matta would certainly recommend him. But I don't think tOSU is still on his list. He might go interview out of respect for the school and coach. Same about NC St. I could be dead wrong, but I just don't think either are on his short list anymore. UD administration and the Flyer Faithful have taken those off his list. We have to continue to chip away at his list by financial support. Every $10 counts and adds up. If you want to keep Archie, continue to contribute what you can every year. And continue to show up at home and on the road. Make it as hard as you can for him to leave.
Agree! The only caveat to the above is that I don't see Archie going on any interview as a courtesy or out of respect/loyalty to a former boss or school where he coached or played. He knows what he wants and right now it's here. When it's somewhere else, and the opportunity arises, he'll interview.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
San Diego...."From your mouth to God's ears"

Last edited by UDTradition; 03-02-2017 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:03 AM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
During every single interview I've heard him conduct nationally from the elite 8 run thru today. Archie always goes "that deep" when the conversation of switching jobs comes up. While I 100% believe he is being honest and heartfelt, he's said it so often he could probably recite it in his sleep. I won't begrudge him 1 bit if/when he leaves (unless he goes to a school down south) and will cheer for him like crazy, but I also realize that most every coach in a similar situation says a lot of the same things about great fans, great people to work with, etc.... all the way until they leave (and even then they typically praise their former job when they conduct their opening interview at their next school) Shaka always talked about how happy he was, how you "don't mess with happy", and while he stayed at VCU longer many would have, he did leave, and frankly I don't think Shaka was ever lying, it was just the right opportunity came around and he had to take his shot.

What is most encouraging to me, is that over the last 4 seasons, Archie's name routinely comes up, which is to be expected, but I also notice that he quickly drops off the coaches under consideration list for all of these openings, Pitt, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, etc... That to me speaks volumes of his commitment to UD and that he's not looking to interview just to interview, or to pinch a few more nickles out of UD, or to "test the waters", that tells me that he's pretty quick to show no interest in even interviewing for any of the jobs that have come open to date.

I believe this will be by far the biggest test to his employment considerations to date, perhaps ever. His Alma Mater is open and interested (though it sounds like he's already said "no thanks" if you believe the whispers, and I believe Indiana will open up (though my guess is that they make Scott Drew their first choice, and who could blame him for wanting to get away from the mess that the athletic department at Baylor has become and a chance to return to his "home" state). One pulling on both his and his wife's heart strings, another a program of historical significance, close to his roots and in a top level conference.

If he doesn't take one of those jobs, then he's simply waiting for a specific job or two, or he's here for a while.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:02 AM

Thanked 10,175 Times in 5,903 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
On the postgame interview last night with CBS, Archie twice mentioned what a great basketball atmosphere UD is, saying it is "as good as any in the country", as he looked straight in the camera and said it with emphasis. May have been a message to us fans, and the likes of OSU and IU.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:37 AM
1st Lieutenant

DaytonInsider is a jewel in the roughDaytonInsider is a jewel in the roughDaytonInsider is a jewel in the rough
I am not arguing that he stays at all here I am simply saying that I have heard these words come out of another Miller in the past. Does not make it right or wrong just that how they feel right now is different then when the President is at your kitchen table at 5am and he flew across country in his private plane to personally meet you with a BLANK CHECK!

just took 2 minutes to look up and found this, I have heard worse but again it's just something that caught my attention

"I will be at Xavier for many years to come. I love what we have done and what we are doing. I cannot wait until we have a chance to cut down those nets." This was only a few weeks before taking the Arizona job.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DaytonInsider For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-02-2017), ud2 (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
“I gave a lot to stay here,” Alford said on Wednesday. “I took away incentives that I’ve made for five consecutive years. Six consecutive years. I took those out of my contract. I think it was a pretty big commitment, not only on the school’s part, but it was a pretty big commitment on my part especially what’s out there and the opportunities that are out there to show my loyalty to UNM, and how much I appreciate UNM and how much I want to continue to build this thing.”

Steve Alford after signing a 10 year contract extension and 10 days before taking the UCLA job.

Last edited by CT Flyer; 03-02-2017 at 10:48 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-02-2017), ud2 (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Comparing to successful coaches at other programs:
"More people are getting it now: Don't mess with happy," Mark Few says. "When you have something that's running so smoothly and is paying well, why leave?"
Old 03-02-2017, 10:59 AM
1st Lieutenant

DaytonInsider is a jewel in the roughDaytonInsider is a jewel in the roughDaytonInsider is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Comparing to successful coaches at other programs:
"More people are getting it now: Don't mess with happy," Mark Few says. "When you have something that's running so smoothly and is paying well, why leave?"
um the guy I was comparing him to was his brother not the pot smoking, tree holding Mark Few but an actual member of the Miller family.

completely joking about Few guys don't jump on me for poking...lol.
Mad Props to DaytonInsider For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:17 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad archie isn't driven strictly by money as many on this board are. I really think archie can win a national championship at ud and if he foes he will be a coaching legend up there with coach k and others. I remember reading that u conn accomplished far more than he thought was possible and I am hoping that archie says the same thing in the future

If they can add one stud to the incoming class look out flyer fans
Old 03-02-2017, 01:04 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking X factor

Originally Posted by DaytonInsider View Post
um the guy I was comparing him to was his brother not the pot smoking, tree holding Mark Few but an actual member of the Miller family.

completely joking about Few guys don't jump on me for poking...lol.
I don't put that on Sean. That's a _avier thing. Thad Matta did the same thing before jumping to OSU. Even _avier coaches have no respect for _avier as an institution.
DaytonInsider (03-03-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:55 PM

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DaytonInsider View Post
I am not arguing that he stays at all here I am simply saying that I have heard these words come out of another Miller in the past. Does not make it right or wrong just that how they feel right now is different then when the President is at your kitchen table at 5am and he flew across country in his private plane to personally meet you with a BLANK CHECK!

just took 2 minutes to look up and found this, I have heard worse but again it's just something that caught my attention

"I will be at Xavier for many years to come. I love what we have done and what we are doing. I cannot wait until we have a chance to cut down those nets." This was only a few weeks before taking the Arizona job.
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
“I gave a lot to stay here,” Alford said on Wednesday. “I took away incentives that I’ve made for five consecutive years. Six consecutive years. I took those out of my contract. I think it was a pretty big commitment, not only on the school’s part, but it was a pretty big commitment on my part especially what’s out there and the opportunities that are out there to show my loyalty to UNM, and how much I appreciate UNM and how much I want to continue to build this thing.”

Steve Alford after signing a 10 year contract extension and 10 days before taking the UCLA job.
Sigh...you can never really relax until threatening positions have been filled, regardless of what has been said to reassure the fans...too many of the above-type situations have occurred.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:46 AM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
I don't put that on Sean. That's a _avier thing. Thad Matta did the same thing before jumping to OSU. Even _avier coaches have no respect for _avier as an institution.
I can accept that reasoning!