Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Golden NCAA-T AWARD - Wichita St
Scoochie 25 pts, 3 rbs, 4 assists, 4 steals 1 bl 53 100.00%
Pollard 13/2/3/1/1 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2017, 07:24 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,911 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden NCAA Stud Award - Wichita St

I don't do Golden Rollo Awards for losing games in the NCAAT.....but after last night I royally reconsidered.

So today we're voting for the Player of the Game vs Wichita. It's really a 2-manly man race since the rest of the team obviously spent the evening reconsidering their manhood.

Vote away!

All comments are welcome.

Go Lady Flyers! Let's hope they come out today and play like men!

King Rollo the Exhausted...out...and at work! UGH!

Last edited by rollo; 03-18-2017 at 07:29 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Big Rob (03-18-2017), FLYER5 (03-18-2017), Tony T 71 (03-18-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Major

VirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to behold
No question on this one. Too bad we had others who were AWOL.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to VirgM For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-18-2017), rollo (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 08:54 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,682 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VirgM View Post
No question on this one. Too bad we had others who were AWOL.
Agreed. Last night, Scoochie was Jordan, Kendall was Pippen, and most of the rest of the team more closely resembled the Washington Generals. Sad, but true.

Oh, well. Thank you, Seniors. You will be missed. Underclassmen, you have quite a standard to meet. Don't wait until September to start working to meet it. Incoming freshmen (and Greek Freak Jr), we need your energy and versatility. Listen to the coaches, and work on your weaknesses as well as your strengths.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2017, 09:00 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Let me start off saying this: WE NEED A TRANSFER ASAP! That mean into the program, not out. And that transfer MUST have yuge hang-me-down-thangs. Really YUGE.

As for the game, I don't know how it looked and sounded on TV, but live and in person the (lack of) teamwork was beyond description...

Neither Davis looked interested. Cooke looked lost. Williams played like it was his first game in 3rd grade. Scooch, Kendall, Willie/Pep Band and the UD fans were prepared and ready for battle, and I was told we sounded great on TV. But in all my years as a UD basketball fan, I've never seen so many players 'pucker up' at the same time and be unable to unpucker.

It's gut-check time for a lot of these players.

King Rollo the Gastroenterologist....OUT!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:03 AM
1st Lieutenant

Sitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Agreed. Last night, Scoochie was Jordan, Kendall was Pippen, and most of the rest of the team more closely resembled the Washington Generals. Sad, but true.

Oh, well. Thank you, Seniors. You will be missed. Underclassmen, you have quite a standard to meet. Don't wait until September to start working to meet it. Incoming freshmen (and Greek Freak Jr), we need your energy and versatility. Listen to the coaches, and work on your weaknesses as well as your strengths.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kyle made the team better, again....when they had a thumb down on us late he made several free throws (then for some reason he was taken out which drove me nuts!!!!) and then hit that awesome trey within a minute to close it. The aggressiveness of Kendall and Kyle will be missed next year. Hoping Cunningham then ?????? fills voids.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
I need to watch the dvr, but from the 5 minute mark until we started fouling under 1 minute their possesions ended with 2 made 3s and trips to the line. Our possessions ended with body checks (pollard hammered after drawing his defender in the air and a 3 -4 put back rugby scrum that ended with no points or whistles stick out). No one made plays, but visually that stretch did us in and there was no help from the zebras for us getting to the line.
Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
Rollo, I think you are too hard on the boys. Their team defense was very good. This means there hearts were there. If they played the opposite where they had good offense but ole' defense I would be much angrier. They tried hard but couldn't make shots that in other games go in. Cooke in particular was way off his O but still tight D.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Go-UD-Go For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-18-2017), NYCFLYER (03-18-2017), Tony T 71 (03-18-2017), Viperstick (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 09:40 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,338 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Go-UD-Go View Post
Rollo, I think you are too hard on the boys. Their team defense was very good. This means there hearts were there. If they played the opposite where they had good offense but ole' defense I would be much angrier. They tried hard but couldn't make shots that in other games go in. Cooke in particular was way off his O but still tight D.
Posted via Mobile Device
You stole my thunder with your post but I agree that people are forgetting that there are two sides of the court and we played very high level and outstanding D all night, save a few possessions, which obviously happen during the course of a game. I thought everybody brought their A game on the defensive side of the ball (and to be honest our offensive star, Scoochie was probably the least effective on the defensive end.) I just think it's a little short sighted of people that are saying a few of the players didn't show up at all last night. This board seems to love the KenPom numbers so tell me how we did defensively against something like the #8 ranked offense in the country? That doesn't happen with all of these guys not showing up. Struggled on offense, absolutely, but please don't say they didn't show up at all because it's an injustice.

And I voted for Scoochie of course.

Last edited by CT Flyer; 03-18-2017 at 10:47 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerdube (03-18-2017), Tony T 71 (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Scooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!chie!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-18-2017), Tony T 71 (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 AM

Too hard? I thought I was being kind!

I agree on the defense. Holding Wichita to 64 points should mean a win. But it didn't because normally reliable upperclassmen lost their 'purpose' (as Steve Martin would say).

Darrell Davis for instance, took 2 wild, floating, driving layups in the first 5-6 minutes of the first half. Neither was close and both times he picked up his dribble early and did his best to avoid contact. One more dribble and he can draw a foul...but he chose to play soft and never shot again. Unacceptable.

As for Cooke, his offensive numbers stunk, but I didn't think he played that bad. Yeah, late in the game he missed a very contested fast break layup, but that's part of the game. I have no problem with a player taking chances and failing...I have problems with players afraid to take a chance.

If anyone should have stopped shooting, it was Xeyrius. Down 5 and under a minute left, he air-balled a '3' (again) that was so far off it looked like an errant field goal into the wind in football! We had a chance before that shot. We had no chance after it.

Regardless, the season was fun and we have much to be thankful for, including the future of the basketball program. Men's and women's.

King Rollo the Flyer....OUT!
Old 03-18-2017, 10:33 AM

Thanked 10,168 Times in 5,896 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie by a landslide! Maybe the best PG to put on the Flyer sneakers.

On the negative side, anyone who called themselves a rebounder flopped last night. Our margin of error was zero on offense.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:48 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,338 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Scoochie by a landslide! Maybe the best PG to put on the Flyer sneakers.

On the negative side, anyone who called themselves a rebounder flopped last night. Our margin of error was zero on offense.
And ironically as much as X struggled offensively last night he was the only one who really held his own on the glass.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:16 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,162 Times in 2,320 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
And just to add to Schoochie's numbers, the 15 pts in the first half was the best in his career.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:01 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
That is Darrell. He always avoids contact in the lane.

Two major problems last night both of which are part of this teams DNA.

Giving up offensive boards
Struggles in half court offense due to weak perimeter shooting. If they could not get live ball turnovers offense stalked all year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Scoochie had 9 baskets and the rest of the team had 9. But he didn't facilitate. A total team loss. Pollards wild drives and 2 rebounds, CC hit nothing, KD was too passive offensively, X stone cold, DD actually took a few inside but couldn't finish, Josh ineffective. We got nothing inside, got humiliated on the glass. Played hard on defense but 58 pts wins few games. When we couldn't score for a long time Archie did nothing. Team peaked a while ago.
Posted via Mobile Device