User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Five Questions - UD Assistant Coach Jon Borovich

http://collegechalktalk.com/five-que...-jon-borovich/
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
General

Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
On the new 3 point line: the good shooters will adjust easily and the bad shooters will take fewer 3's. He doesn't think it will have a significant impact.

I'm continually confused by this comment from coaching staffs. This isn't like introducing the 3 point line for the first time--it's not THAT big of a deal. But isn't what he said above exactly the point of the new line? I think it will have a fairly significant impact. Someone you used to guard, at least in a token way, at that distance will now get Shaquile O'Neil treatment.

Examples from last year at the NEW line:
AS: would have been left unguarded
MJ: would have been left unguarded
JB: marginal treatment

Previous years:
KW: unguarded
Alvarez, Bennett, Warren Williams, Logan White, Mark Jones: all unguarded

By unguarded I mean you know you're going to win if those guys take 5 3's in a game. And if they step in to 19'9", well, it's only worth 2 points so if you want to take that shot instead of working for a better one worth the same 2 points, then knock yourself out.

There is an exponential impact of a few more inches away from the basket with these marginal shooters IMO.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,197 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I really don't think that the new line will change the game at all. The difference between the old line and the new line isn't that great. If the new line went out to where the pro line is then that's a different story. It will be interesting to see the Div. I statistics at the end of the season as far as three's attempted, made and shooting percentage as compared to last year. I really don't think there will much difference.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Whether it's ego or just testing their range, I think most pure 3 point shooters periodically step back to the NBA line in practice and the off season just to see what they can do. The new college line will be no big deal for the good shooters.

Mercifully, the new line might finally give a red light to the guys who like to cast one up once in a while and really have no business doing it.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,615 Times in 5,096 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I know the listed heights are always a source of debate, but I was suprised to see Chris Johnson listed at 6'6". I heard he has very nice ball handling and passing skills.