User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
I have been advocating all along even before Steve's death that each position starter shoild have an under-study. That under-study becomes the practice buddy for each position. The starter and the under-study challenge each other and make each other better. A lucky guy, Steve's under-study because he could practice every day against an NBA type center body type. Then if due to injury, illness or foul trouble, its the next man up. But, there was no backup planned for the center position. Sam Miller is not that guy. He is a forward. I even gave examples like Johnnie Davis and Donald Smith made each other better by practicing against each other. Prior to Steve's death and I continue to believe that you've got to have succession planning for every position.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree and have said Miller is more of a 4 than a 5. But, Kurt Huelsman was 6'10" 245, Searcy was 6'10" 240, Kavanaugh 6'9" (For his first 3 seasons and then grew to 6'10" his 5th year) 250, Alex was 6'9" 235, Benson his senior year was 6'9" 228, Robinson 6'9" 243 and Scott 6'9" 215. My point being, Miller at 6'9" 244 is right in line with all the big men we have had, other than Steve, in the recent decade. I think with Sam it is more of finding a position that he is comfortable playing. He seems much more like TJ Kline like big man who has killed us in the past.
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2016, 01:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I agree and have said Miller is more of a 4 than a 5. But, Kurt Huelsman was 6'10" 245, Searcy was 6'10" 240, Kavanaugh 6'9" (For his first 3 seasons and then grew to 6'10" his 5th year) 250, Alex was 6'9" 235, Benson his senior year was 6'9" 228, Robinson 6'9" 243 and Scott 6'9" 215. My point being, Miller at 6'9" 244 is right in line with all the big men we have had, other than Steve, in the recent decade. I think with Sam it is more of finding a position that he is comfortable playing. He seems much more like TJ Kline like big man who has killed us in the past.
Plus last time I checked, Sam was only a freshman last season. Take his size, some time in the weight room, and the hard work of our coaching staff and I am confident Sam will do just fine in the paint for us. As an added bonus, rumor has it he can knock down as many 3's in practice as anyone, so hopefully they start falling in games as well.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (06-26-2016), udflyerfan (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 01:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Plus last time I checked, Sam was only a freshman last season. Take his size, some time in the weight room, and the hard work of our coaching staff and I am confident Sam will do just fine in the paint for us. As an added bonus, rumor has it he can knock down as many 3's in practice as anyone, so hopefully they start falling in games as well.
Sam has a great stroke,there shouldn't be an issue with him hitting 3's after getting over the freshman yips I think freshmen tend to have fragile confidence in their shooting
Old 06-26-2016, 04:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
This is going to be a very fun,interesting and busy recruiting cycle.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
I have been advocating all along even before Steve's death that each position starter shoild have an under-study. That under-study becomes the practice buddy for each position. The starter and the under-study challenge each other and make each other better. A lucky guy, Steve's under-study because he could practice every day against an NBA type center body type. Then if due to injury, illness or foul trouble, its the next man up. But, there was no backup planned for the center position. Sam Miller is not that guy. He is a forward. I even gave examples like Johnnie Davis and Donald Smith made each other better by practicing against each other. Prior to Steve's death and I continue to believe that you've got to have succession planning for every position.
Posted via Mobile Device
This isn’t about the lack of a succession plan. Steve just finished his freshman year and should have had 3 more years ahead of him. His “lucky” understudy would have also been a freshman, which likely means he would have been a backup for 4 years. That’s not a succession plan. Steve’s death isn’t something that could been planned for and certainly isn’t a hole that can be filled in 6 weeks.
Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (06-27-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bcross View Post
This isn’t about the lack of a succession plan. Steve just finished his freshman year and should have had 3 more years ahead of him. His “lucky” understudy would have also been a freshman, which likely means he would have been a backup for 4 years. That’s not a succession plan. Steve’s death isn’t something that could been planned for and certainly isn’t a hole that can be filled in 6 weeks.
Well said BCross. No way to have a contingency plan for this. AM will get a big in 2017--which was the plan all along.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 08:59 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Some tough competition for guard Brad Davison (Stanford, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Michigan, Butler, others) but he was here earlier today for a campus visit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/braddavi3...29266488733696
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (06-26-2016), jack72 (06-27-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 09:04 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I don't mean to be a contrarian here, but in my mind Archie has already bagged a big man...for 2016! New verbal commitment Big K is 6'9" and appears to be still growing. Yes, he handles the ball well, and yes he can put the ball the court. But he has every skill set, albeit perhaps strength, to be a top-flight center with the upside potential to be an NBA 4. So we don't have to wait until 2017; we have a big man, and I for one, couldn't be happier with this recruit this late in the game. No one will replace Big Steve's size and smile, but count me content with big men going into 2016 and 2017.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
It contines to amaze me. I just read an article about SMU (Southern Methodist) basketball recruiting. The article champions the great recruiting successes. Four star, Harry Froling 6'11", Four star Bruno Fernando 6'10", Four star Ted Kapita 6'8" (later changes his mind and goes to North Carolina State), Three star Tom Wilson 6'4" and Four star transfer from Arkansas Jimmy Whitt 6'2". How does this happen? Larry Brown is suspended by the NCAA. The basketball program is caught red handedly cheating. SMU is prohibited from playing in the post tournament. Larry Brown has cheated at every college wherever he has been. He is a sleezy distrustable character. Why would any kid go there? What are his parents thinking? On the opposite side, we've got this highly touted Archie Miller at the University of Dayton and we can't compete on recruiting three and four star BIG recruits? It seems very disjointed to me! Please allow me to vent. Am I the only one seeing this?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sid Louick (06-27-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
I don't mean to be a contrarian here, but in my mind Archie has already bagged a big man...for 2016! New verbal commitment Big K is 6'9" and appears to be still growing. Yes, he handles the ball well, and yes he can put the ball the court. But he has every skill set, albeit perhaps strength, to be a top-flight center with the upside potential to be an NBA 4. So we don't have to wait until 2017; we have a big man, and I for one, couldn't be happier with this recruit this late in the game. No one will replace Big Steve's size and smile, but count me content with big men going into 2016 and 2017.
Didn't you notice that his weight is 198 lbs? He is Not a D1 center, at this time. Maybe after a couple years of Cassano's and Marion's pizza's, it could different.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2016, 09:35 PM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
It contines to amaze me. I just read an article about SMU (Southern Methodist) basketball recruiting. The article champions the great recruiting successes. Four star, Harry Froling 6'11", Four star Bruno Fernando 6'10", Four star Ted Kapita 6'8" (later changes his mind and goes to North Carolina State), Three star Tom Wilson 6'4" and Four star transfer from Arkansas Jimmy Whitt 6'2". How does this happen? Larry Brown is suspended by the NCAA. The basketball program is caught red handedly cheating. SMU is prohibited from playing in the post tournament. Larry Brown has cheated at every college wherever he has been. He is a sleezy distrustable character. Why would any kid go there? What are his parents thinking? On the opposite side, we've got this highly touted Archie Miller at the University of Dayton and we can't compete on recruiting three and four star BIG recruits? It seems very disjointed to me! Please allow me to vent. Am I the only one seeing this?
Posted via Mobile Device
Larry Brown, though tarnished in his reputation, is still a huge name in the game. He has some assistants who are doing his recruiting who have a knack for getting some serious players. But other schools in the south and southeast, whose names though known will go unmentioned, have had a number of very strong recruits that did not translate into court excellence. Keep in mind that Archie is still building the Flyers' reputation for excellence. It hasn't been that long ago when we were stuck in mediocrity.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
SMU has stepped up to the plate re facilities, and Larry Brown has endless connections in the NBA to tout to recruits. Then there is his own mystique, sans penalties. You may be disturbed by it, but it isn't that hard to understand.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-03-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 08:57 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
SMU is well versed in paying athletes under the table and Larry Brown has broken the rules wherever he has coached. Even I can do that math.
Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
You don't have to like him and you may think he is dirty. Regardless, this resume opens doors. As coach:

NBA champion (2004)
NBA Coach of the Year (2001)
2× NBA All-Star Game head coach (1977, 2001)
NCAA champion (1988)
Naismith College Coach of the Year (1988)
3× ABA Coach of the Year (1973, 1975, 1976)

With all the job jumping, there is a long list of players that Brown can claim as his guys. You're kidding yourself if you think this is just a dirty coach issue. There have been plenty of morally ambiguous coaches; they don't have resumes like that.
Mad Props to Bucketnight For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
Having coached Allen Iverson and Danny Manning is not bad on a resume either. Different types of superstars at different points on career timeline.
Mad Props to keats '91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 10:56 AM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Archie recruits the right way

Dayton will never be an SMU, UNLV, Memphis, Baylor, or the like in basketball recruiting. And we can thank our leadership for that.

But Matt Doherty had all the same "advantages" that Larry Brown has. How did that work out? They sucked. Brown is not a saint, but he can flat out recruit and coach. He is a magnet for 4 star recruits, and it's largely due to the fact that he has many NBA connections that trust his judgement. He can sell a recruit guaranteed NBA exposure IF the kid is good enough to warrant it. These kids today are heavily swayed by that. No special "math" involved in that.

I think Shaka is getting the full exposure to Texas recruiting and wealthy alumni pressure.
Hopefully he will rise above it.

Dayton recruits a different kind of player (thankfully), and offers a different life path and emphasizes basketball and personal development. Dayton doesn't recruit buckets of 4 star players, but UD graduates
tons of 4 star men into society.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (06-27-2016), CE80 (06-27-2016), The Fly (06-27-2016), TMPH66 (06-27-2016), UDGutter2 (07-01-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Most of us were raised to think that the “cheaters” will eventually be caught, and that their cheating will eventually work against them…… How naive of me!
Larry Brown is just the poster boy of those college basketball coaches that got away with cheating, and still get away with it. Not really a big surprise when you need only look to the top of the political world to see that the “rules” don’t seem to apply to “some” people.
I’ll take my Flyers the way they are, and pi$$ on SMU types…..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-03-2016), Sid Louick (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
Most of us were raised to think that the “cheaters” will eventually be caught, and that their cheating will eventually work against them…… How naive of me!
No school has paid a greater price for cheating than has SMU. Obviously, the death penalty in football, but the basketball program was also hit very hard by the NCAA recently.

Larry Brown is just the poster boy of those college basketball coaches that got away with cheating, and still get away with it.
Larry Brown hasn't exactly gotten away with cheating. If you want a poster boy for getting away with cheating - there are much better choices. Why hasn't the NCAA penalized Roy Williams or Rick Pitino yet? Suspending Jim Boeheim and years before that Jim Calhoun for a few games for major violations? Please. Kelvin Sampson just went to the NBA to wait out his show cause. Frank Haith ran from Miami to Missouri to Tulsa - jetting each time when the NCAA investigates. And of course, there's John Calipari. What has the NCAA done to him -- retroactively vacated some of his wins at UMASS and Memphis? How is that even a penalty?

Not really a big surprise when you need only look to the top of the political world to see that the “rules” don’t seem to apply to “some” people.
I’ll take my Flyers the way they are, and pi$$ on SMU types…..
Why not just take your Flyers the way they are, be classy, and appreciate that they are winning and winning the right way? Why pi$$ on SMU? Is SMU winning NCAA championships? Is SMU knocking Dayton out of the NCAA tourney? No, they're not doing either of those things. The truth is that SMU is playing out postseason bans and riding out sanctions again. Are you as a Dayton fan really jealous of that? Meanwhile, you have Syracuse knocking Dayton out of the tourney and going on to face North Carolina in the final four. Oh, and those four and five star recruits that SMU is getting? They aren't taking them away from Dayton. They are actually taking them away from the Syracuses and North Carolinas of this world.

Full disclosure I am an SMU alum, but if anyone deserves to be pi$$ed on, it's the NCAA who lets certain programs get away with murder, while putting the hammer down on SMU again and again.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (06-27-2016), CE80 (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 02:19 PM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
UD has three offers out to players in the ESPN 2017 rankings: Hamir Wright (PF), Howard Washington (PG) and Andre Rafas (PF).

spn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=216 8&class=2017&position=&state=
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
No school has paid a greater price for cheating than has SMU. Obviously, the death penalty in football, but the basketball program was also hit very hard by the NCAA recently.

Larry Brown hasn't exactly gotten away with cheating. If you want a poster boy for getting away with cheating - there are much better choices. Why hasn't the NCAA penalized Roy Williams or Rick Pitino yet? Suspending Jim Boeheim and years before that Jim Calhoun for a few games for major violations? Please. Kelvin Sampson just went to the NBA to wait out his show cause. Frank Haith ran from Miami to Missouri to Tulsa - jetting each time when the NCAA investigates. And of course, there's John Calipari. What has the NCAA done to him -- retroactively vacated some of his wins at UMASS and Memphis? How is that even a penalty?

Why not just take your Flyers the way they are, be classy, and appreciate that they are winning and winning the right way? Why pi$$ on SMU? Is SMU winning NCAA championships? Is SMU knocking Dayton out of the NCAA tourney? No, they're not doing either of those things. The truth is that SMU is playing out postseason bans and riding out sanctions again. Are you as a Dayton fan really jealous of that? Meanwhile, you have Syracuse knocking Dayton out of the tourney and going on to face North Carolina in the final four. Oh, and those four and five star recruits that SMU is getting? They aren't taking them away from Dayton. They are actually taking them away from the Syracuses and North Carolinas of this world.

Full disclosure I am an SMU alum, but if anyone deserves to be pi$$ed on, it's the NCAA who lets certain programs get away with murder, while putting the hammer down on SMU again and again.
Guess I hit a nerve Dallas... nothing personal intended.
Don't see a lick of difference between all the coaches you cite and Larry Brown......
You may a tad too close to SMU to be objective.
Peace!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Guess I hit a nerve Dallas... nothing personal intended.
Don't see a lick of difference between all the coaches you cite and Larry Brown......
You may a tad too close to SMU to be objective.
Peace!
Cheating is bad whether you get caught or not. So I'm not defending SMU. They have screwed up multiple times. There's no defending it. But the way I read your post, it sounded as if you were ticked off that SMU was getting away with cheating. They're not getting away with cheating. Other programs most certainly are however.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Cheating is bad whether you get caught or not. So I'm not defending SMU. They have screwed up multiple times. There's no defending it. But the way I read your post, it sounded as if you were ticked off that SMU was getting away with cheating. They're not getting away with cheating. Other programs most certainly are however.
I love coming on here to look at 2017 recruiting news and reading about SMU and Larry Brown. *sigh*
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (06-27-2016), Figgie123 (06-28-2016), jack72 (06-28-2016), springborofan (07-12-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Brigadier General

THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
UD has three offers out to players in the ESPN 2017 rankings: Hamir Wright (PF), Howard Washington (PG) and Andre Rafas (PF).

spn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=216 8&class=2017&position=&state=
Wright has some big time offers, I don't know how likely we are to be on any kind of final list.

Washington was recruited by us for 2016, he committed to Butler, but I think was not going to be eligible, so he was given a release and reclassified to the 2017 class. I don't know if we are still on his radar or vice versa.

Rafus is a big time recruit, and eliminated UD from his list a little bit ago. He holds offers from UCLA, Kansas, and Kentucky, among others (he listed a "final 15" schools a couple weeks ago and UD was not on the list).

We just need one guy to commit for the 2017 class and we will get things rolling. Dave Jablonski's piece in the DDN today reiterated from Archie how important the 2017 class is. I'll guess we won't get any verbals for a few weeks. Would love to be wrong about that though.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (06-27-2016), jack72 (06-28-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 12:29 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Pat Lawless ‏@PatLawless_ 6h6 hours ago

Darryl Morsell, a class of 2017 SG playing for Team Melo (MD), will go on an unofficial visit to Dayton tomorrow.

Has offers from schools such as Temple and Davidson... Then just recently on June 7th, he got offers from USC and La Salle
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (06-30-2016), jack72 (06-30-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 03:25 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Darryl Morsell is 6'3" 170. I watched several of his you tube videos and the kid really has game. I know that some of these mixtapes are edited to show the best games, sometimes against inferior competition, but his team is in a tough league and does nothing but win.
He not only can shoot the three ball but drives to the basket well and usually finishes with a dunk as he has tremendous hops.

He would also have an opportunity to get immediate playing minutes as a freshman which would be an incentive to come to Dayton which attracted Kostas this season. I hope he makes a decision to choose UD.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-12-2016), flyer016 (07-01-2016), jack72 (06-30-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
Darryl Morsell is 6'3" 170. I watched several of his you tube videos and the kid really has game. I know that some of these mixtapes are edited to show the best games, sometimes against inferior competition, but his team is in a tough league and does nothing but win.
He not only can shoot the three ball but drives to the basket well and usually finishes with a dunk as he has tremendous hops.

He would also have an opportunity to get immediate playing minutes as a freshman which would be an incentive to come to Dayton which attracted Kostas this season. I hope he makes a decision to choose UD.
Agreed, I like Morsell a lot as well. He seems like he has a well-rounded game. He makes a lot of nice passes in the highlights, blocks shots, leads the break, does a lot of positive things. He looks like a more perimeter-oriented version of Kendall Pollard. He's got the same long-arms and athleticism. He's going to be undersized, but you can get away with that in college if you have good basketball IQ and the right demeanor. Bigger schools are in on him, but if Archie can snag him somehow it'd be a big coup for the Flyers.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 AM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Pat Lawless ‏@PatLawless_ 3h3 hours ago

Justyn Mutts, a class of 2017 PF playing for Team Final (PA), is currently on an official visit to Dayton.

He has offers from VCU, SJU, GW and just got a Temple offer this week
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (07-01-2016), jack72 (07-01-2016), ruechalgrin (07-02-2016), San Diego Flyer (07-01-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 12:20 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Pat Lawless ‏@PatLawless_ 3h3 hours ago

Justyn Mutts, a class of 2017 PF playing for Team Final (PA), is currently on an official visit to Dayton.

He has offers from VCU, SJU, GW and just got a Temple offer this week
A thin leaper and dunker. A VCU type of player. Every A10 school is after him.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Dayton will never be an SMU, UNLV, Memphis, Baylor, or the like in basketball recruiting. And we can thank our leadership for that.

But Matt Doherty had all the same "advantages" that Larry Brown has. How did that work out? They sucked. Brown is not a saint, but he can flat out recruit and coach. He is a magnet for 4 star recruits, and it's largely due to the fact that he has many NBA connections that trust his judgement. He can sell a recruit guaranteed NBA exposure IF the kid is good enough to warrant it. These kids today are heavily swayed by that. No special "math" involved in that.

I think Shaka is getting the full exposure to Texas recruiting and wealthy alumni pressure.
Hopefully he will rise above it.

I'll take the Archie Miller way of recruiting any day. Frankly I wouldn't want SMU's transfers because they don't have their head in the right place.

Dayton recruits a different kind of player (thankfully), and offers a different life path and emphasizes basketball and personal development. Dayton doesn't recruit buckets of 4 star players, but UD graduates
tons of 4 star men into society.
Larry Brown resigns:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...h-smu-mustangs

Now we will see how few 4 star recruits SMU gets. The have a good coach in waiting, but the string of recruits is going to take a hit. They are back on a level field.
Flyer 86 (07-12-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Darryl Morsell offered by Maryland:

Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout
Darryl Morsell 6'4 Team Melo Class 2017 offered by Mark Turgeon. Per @Dwayne_Wise
Old 07-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Major General

Shooter!!!

@ASlater247
2017 PG Wabissa Bede @Wabissa_B11 of @RivalsNation was just offered a scholarship to #Dayton

http://friarbasketball.com/2015/06/1...-wabissa-bede/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...zLL/story.html
Old 07-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Major General

And another one...

@verbalcommits 2017 Dutch Fork (SC) G Jordan Davis has received an offer from Dayton. (HT @Phenom_Hoops) @jordandavis937 https://t.co/1nVTcljR2p
Old 07-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Brad Davison to Wisconsin to no one's surprise
Old 07-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Major General

Per his twitter (@Tyler_polleyyy), Tyler Colley, 4 star forward out of Florida was offered by Dayton. He has a lot of offers from big schools in the south.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/951
bigudfan (07-14-2016), flyer016 (07-13-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 02:19 PM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Saw a family walking around with a staff member around the new workout facility attached to Frericks; kid with them looked athletic and was over 6'7"-6'8", easily (white, short brown hair, 17-18 years of age) ... I hesitated taking a creep shot.

Anyone know of a scheduled visit?
Old 07-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
For the record, I would have taken the picture.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-20-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 02:40 PM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Talking

Excuse me miss, your son teenage looks rather tall and of college bound age. Can I take a picture of him acting natural? Please ignore my beard or that I am in my mid thirties.

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
For the record, I would have taken the picture.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:38 PM
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
When I see someone that I think is a potential player I am pretty blunt.

ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY FOR UD or DO YOU PLAY FOR UD? This ended up starting a GREAT conversation with a walkon bball player in the target checkout lane.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
... I hesitated taking a creep shot.
?
Just pretend your taking a selfie with your cell phone, but have the camera aimed the opposite direction.

You know, since selfies are so popular among those of us guys in the mid 30's and over age group!
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Or, act as if you are searching for Pokemon...then take the picture!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-28-2016), rollo (07-21-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 02:08 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I found this article's head line interested. Doesn't relate to UD's recruiting at all:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...duke-kentucky/

So this "under the radar recruit" is ranked 47th nationally and has been tracked for years according to the article. Meanwhile this board would catch on fire if UD could sign a kid so talented. Me thinks "under the radar" wasn't the right term.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Colonel

What is the status of Tervell Beck? VerbalCommits has him listed as a freshman for this year for the university of dayton basketball team? VerbalCommits has his status as "medium" instead of "committed" like Kostas and Landers but he is definitely listed as a freshman. A quick surf shows him listed as anything from 6'5" 190 to 6'8" 220. He is a Cleveland Central Catholic high school graduate. Will he be travelling to Spain with the team? Is he registered to attend school next year? Is he a fallback plan if Kostas does not qualify academically? Is he a walk on or a scholarship player candidate?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
What is the status of Tervell Beck? VerbalCommits has him listed as a freshman for this year for the university of dayton basketball team? VerbalCommits has his status as "medium" instead of "committed" like Kostas and Landers but he is definitely listed as a freshman. A quick surf shows him listed as anything from 6'5" 190 to 6'8" 220. He is a Cleveland Central Catholic high school graduate. Will he be travelling to Spain with the team? Is he registered to attend school next year? Is he a fallback plan if Kostas does not qualify academically? Is he a walk on or a scholarship player candidate?
Posted via Mobile Device
He is just an uncommited 16-17 recruit. That is why he is a different color. They updated their page so there is no longer a column for recruits that would be freshman this year.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:03 PM

Beck must have some kind of qualification problem, because he has all the tools to play D1.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:42 AM

Thanked 17,098 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
I found this article's head line interested. Doesn't relate to UD's recruiting at all:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...duke-kentucky/

So this "under the radar recruit" is ranked 47th nationally and has been tracked for years according to the article. Meanwhile this board would catch on fire if UD could sign a kid so talented. Me thinks "under the radar" wasn't the right term.
Reminds me of the pundits in the preseason that pick Kentucky when asked to pick a sleeper team for the Final-4 because they are "young".

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Medford (07-29-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Brigadier General

2017 PG McKinley Wright out of Minnesota just released his top 5 schools. In no order: Dayton, eggsavier, Minnesota, Memphis, Iowa State.
Posted via Mobile Device
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (07-30-2016), Flyer 79 (07-30-2016), flyer016 (07-31-2016), flyhi524 (07-30-2016), jack72 (07-30-2016), John C. (07-31-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-30-2016), San Diego Flyer (07-31-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM
General of the Air Force

In about a month, our top PG target is making his 1st official visit to UD

Julius Kim @JKim97

2017 @D1Minnesota guard McKinley Wright tells @Phenom_Hoops his official visits: Dayton (Sept 9) & Xavier (Sept 23-25).

Let's hope he doesn't make it X
flyer016 (08-03-2016), jack72 (08-04-2016), San Diego Flyer (08-04-2016), THirt (08-06-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 10:51 PM
General of the Air Force

Nevermind on us being the 1st lol

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 42m42 minutes ago

The McKinley Wright visits:
Sept 2 wkd: Minnesota
Sept 9 wkd: Dayton
Sept 16 wkd: Memphis
Sept 23 wkd: Xavier
flyer016 (08-04-2016), Runnin' Rebel (08-04-2016)
Old 08-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Update on 2017 recruiting.....

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/new...ondaily_launch
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sticks 'n Stearns For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (08-06-2016), Bonziflyer (08-05-2016), Bucketnight (08-06-2016), Flyer 79 (08-05-2016), flyer016 (08-05-2016), jack72 (08-05-2016), John C. (08-05-2016), redbengal (08-05-2016), San Diego Flyer (08-05-2016), THirt (08-06-2016)
Old 08-06-2016, 04:31 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Was there ever a back story on Evan Gilyard & are we still recruiting him?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Was there ever a back story on Evan Gilyard & are we still recruiting him?
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know if there is a back story, but it seems as though the coaching staff has moved on from Gilyard.

Probably a bit similar to this tidbit: Iowa State is no longer recruiting McKinley Wright - sounds like they think they have a better shot with other (better?) guards.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Probably a bit similar to this tidbit: Iowa State is no longer recruiting McKinley Wright - sounds like they think they have a better shot with other (better?) guards.
It would seem McKinley Wright forced Iowa State's hand a bit. They didn't make his list of official visits, meaning it's time to move on.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Are we recruiting Bede still?
Old 08-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
Are we recruiting Bede still?
He is mentioned in the article linked above. During the July evaluation period, I watched streaming of his AAU team playing in the finals of a tournament. He started and had the first 8 points. His team cruised to an easy win. Archie and Allen Griffin were there in the first row under the basket, and stayed until the end. (Some of the other coaches I saw left before the game was finished)
Old 08-09-2016, 12:02 AM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
It would seem McKinley Wright forced Iowa State's hand a bit. They didn't make his list of official visits, meaning it's time to move on.
http://amestrib.com/hines-hoops/politics-pulled-offer

Interesting article about what happened. Player's perspective says that ISU treated him poorly and pulled the scholarship. Team's perspective is that they were honest with Wright and told him now so that he could have time to look elsewhere.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (08-09-2016), Runnin' Rebel (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 AM

This scenario is played out thousands of times each class. I don't know how it can help but leave somewhat of a bad taste in both mouths. Some programs are just a bit better than others with their bedside manner. While not the most palatable part of recruiting, it's common to have more offers out than slots. Then playing the situation out with your scholarships dwindling and the recruit's options disappearing, it becomes a game of Texas Hold 'em.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Major

The Flyers are out on Wabissa Bede. He announced his final five - Butler, LaSalle, UMass, Virginia Tech and Minnesota.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Top247-fou...-five-46668030
Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 02:06 PM
General of the Air Force

We are in Darryl Morsell's Final 5

Pat Lawless ‏@PatLawless_ · 5m5 minutes ago

Darryl Morsell is down to Villanova, VA Tech, Maryland, Notre Dame & Dayton, he tells me | http://www.madehoops.com/news_articl...8?referrer_id=
Bonziflyer (08-10-2016), flyer016 (08-09-2016), flyerfan4life (08-09-2016), jack72 (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 02:45 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
pretty good company on some of these final fives
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-22-2016), flyerfan4life (08-09-2016), redbengal (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
How do we get beat by LaSalle?????

Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
The Flyers are out on Wabissa Bede. He announced his final five - Butler, LaSalle, UMass, Virginia Tech and Minnesota.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Top247-fou...-five-46668030
What possible reason would a kid have for picking them over UD???
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-10-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 05:22 PM
2nd Lieutenant

redscareRAM is a jewel in the roughredscareRAM is a jewel in the roughredscareRAM is a jewel in the roughredscareRAM is a jewel in the rough
La Salle and UMASS have been recruiting him hard for 2+ years now. UD got in the picture over the summer. Those relationships are hard to beat especially if they talk almost daily.

UD now in the fold for Wright, Gaines, Morsell, Polley and others as well. Get two of those first four and that's a helluva good start for the 2017 class.
Mad Props to redscareRAM For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-10-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
Also Paul Atkinson from South Florida area visits Sept 17 th 6-9 C/PF
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to soccergod For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (08-10-2016), flyer016 (08-10-2016), FLYER5 (08-10-2016), San Diego Flyer (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by soccergod View Post
Also Paul Atkinson from South Florida area visits Sept 17 th 6-9 C/PF
Posted via Mobile Device
Lead guitarist and founding member of The Zombies!!!
flyer016 (08-10-2016), The Fly (08-10-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Brigadier General

And another one...

@verbalcommits 2017 Dutch Fork (SC) G Jordan Davis has received an offer from Dayton. (HT @Phenom_Hoops) @jordandavis937 https://t.co/1nVTcljR2p
Davis to take an official visit to UD on 8/26. Recently visited Butler. K State also on his list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Major

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Davis to take an official visit to UD on 8/26. Recently visited Butler. K State also on his list.
Posted via Mobile Device
I want this kid. Looks like he has a good handle. He can get to the rim AND shoot it from 3.
Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
THirt (08-14-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Good thing this is Kyle Davis' last year, as I believe the NCAA limit on Davises is 2 at a time.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-22-2016), ud2 (08-28-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 01:51 AM
Colonel

CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Josh Cunningham and Kyle Davis both are graduates of Morgan Park High School in Chicago. It is a possibility that Kyle was at least partly helpful in Josh's choosing to transfer to UD over several other high profile basketball schools.

Fast forward to 2017 and maybe the same scenario could be a possibility in the recruitment of a 5 star shooting guard. Hamidou Diallo attends Putnam Science Academy, the same high school that Scoochie Smith attended. He blew up this summer and has 35 colleges, all the power 5 conferences big names interested. Duquesne, UMass, St. Bonaventure and VCU have offered from the A-10. Sounds like he fits the description of what AM commented on in the DDN about the changing philosophy of recruits waiting longer to make a decision based on the changing landscape. Only one player in the class 0f 2017 top ten rivals website has chosen a school. Maybe Scoochie could swing the pendulum in UD's favor. Anyone know why we haven't offered?
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-13-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 08:51 AM

Archie seems perceptive enough to know how to spend his resources most effectively. My guess is he has assessed the suitors for Diallo against the number of recruits Arch is already chasing big time, and decided the best overall course is to pass on him.

I remember when Matt Doherty from SMU came in and made offers to dozens of highly rated recruits and got none of them. Got to keep it real.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I spoke to my brother today who knows somebody who knows somebody, etc., etc. etc.... Anyhow, his sources are generally pretty good (and this one is an Assistant AD at a rival school), but what he gleaned is that there are currently four kids in the Rivals Top 100 who are seriously considering coming to UD. Now, that doesn't mean we're likely to land all or any of them, but it helps reinforce the notion that we're legitimately in the hunt for some top talent. AM and his staff are really doing a helluva job in promoting the Flyers and putting us on the map.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bat'71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-22-2016), FLYER5 (08-22-2016), jack72 (08-19-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Just need to get that first one and dominos will fall
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
david85 (08-19-2016), Flyer 86 (08-22-2016), Ready Action (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 02:35 PM
General

Interesting that Jordan Davis's Twitter name has 937 in it
Old 08-21-2016, 11:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Andrew Slater @ASlater247

Keith Williams unofficially visits Cincy on 9/23, Dayton 10/1 & OK St on 10/8. Minn, Florida, NCSU & Auburn calling

That's awesome another top 150 player visiting UD in the fall

6'4" SG from Brooklyn
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of

Keith Williams unofficially visits Cincy on 9/23, Dayton 10/1 & OK St on 10/8. Minn, Florida, NCSU & Auburn calling

6'4" SG from Brooklyn
I bet these are official visits , this time of the year
Old 08-21-2016, 12:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
I bet these are official visits , this time of the year
Yeah he probably made a mistake
Old 08-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Major

6'4" SG from Brooklyn
Great news. I'd think the Jordan Sibert/Charles Cooke role would be really enticing to recruits. Hope Archie can fill it with someone of similar abilities.

Highlights from his most recent high school season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dyK3BpZl8
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyer016 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (08-21-2016), Runnin' Rebel (08-21-2016), UDGutter2 (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 05:34 PM
General

Wow, I realize it is video highlights, but that was as impressive video as I have ever watched.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:42 PM

Keith Williams looks like a franchise player. You could start a program around him.

Here's hoping we have an angle in the recruiting game, which of course Archie usually does.
We will bring our A game when he hits Dayton and the campus visit.
Flyer 86 (08-22-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 06:51 PM
General of the Air Force

Good news is we were his 1st "major" offer back in September of last year... Hopefully that helps us
Flyer 86 (08-22-2016), flyer016 (08-21-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Brigadier General

6'4" SG from Brooklyn
The last time UD got a 6'4" kid from Brooklyn it worked out pretty well! He wasn't a SG but he was velvety smooth around the rim...

Someone mentioned the recruit is a franchise type player...the last one certainly was!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-22-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-22-2016), Runnin' Rebel (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Colonel

Keith Williams and Darryl Morsell have similar games. Either one would be a huge get! McKinley Wright or Evan Gilyard at point guard would complement well.

We will just have to wait and see how the dominoes fall. Trust Archie and his assistants to continue their great work!

Velvet's don't come around very often! I will never forget when he scored 33 pts (I think) as UD defeated Oklahoma in the NCAA Tourney and he outplayed All American Wayman Tisdale in the process.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:08 PM
General of the Air Force

I bet that 1st domino comes this weekend in the form of Jordan Davis... well at least I am hoping ha
Old 08-22-2016, 04:23 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Velvet's don't come around very often! I will never forget when he scored 33 pts (I think) as UD defeated Oklahoma in the NCAA Tourney and he outplayed All American Wayman Tisdale in the process.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 04:24 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Scored 41 if I recall correctly.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:12 PM
Colonel

Yes, longtimefan and Sea Bass, you are both right! I graduated from UD in 1968 and was at the final four in 1967 in Louisville. I think 33 pts may be what Don May scored against North Carolina. My seats were in the middle of their cheering section and after May hit his 13th basket in a row without a miss the guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "****, does that guy ever miss?" I simply said, NO!
Old 08-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Major General

I bet that 1st domino comes this weekend in the form of Jordan Davis... well at least I am hoping ha
And then we get to read comparisons about all the other Flyer greats to come from Irmo, South Carolina! Right?
Old 08-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Colonel

Watched Jordan Davis you tube videos and he has good size (6'4" 180 lbs) for a SG as well! Sees the floor very well and is an excellent shooter.
Combo guard; could play the point as well!
Would be great to get one of the three. Two of three would be icing on the cake!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 08-22-2016 at 06:04 PM..
Old 08-22-2016, 06:00 PM
General of the Air Force

And then we get to read comparisons about all the other Flyer greats to come from Irmo, South Carolina! Right?
Definitely I have them ready ha
Old 08-26-2016, 01:47 PM
General of the Air Force

Any of you students or whomever is on campus this weekend, make sure to give a shout out to Jordan Davis if you see him... Gotta show one of the best players in South Carolina some love.

Him and the UNC PG commit will probably be the top 2 preseason guys for South Carolina Mr. Basketball.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:18 AM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Good thing this is Kyle Davis' last year, as I believe the NCAA limit on Davises is 2 at a time.
Yes, UD narrowly avoided NCAA sanctions.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:16 AM
General of the Air Force

Boom! Darryl Morsell sets his UD OV

Julius Kim @JKim97

2017 G @410D_ tells @Phenom_Hoops his visits:

Notre Dame 9/16 - 9/18
Nova 9/23 - 9/25
UMD 9/30 - 10/2
Dayton 10/21 - 10/23
VA Tech - TBD

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 08-28-2016 at 11:21 AM..
flyer016 (08-28-2016), FLYER5 (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Major General

Boom! Darryl Morsell sets his UD OV

Julius Kim @JKim97

2017 G @410D_ tells @Phenom_Hoops his visits:

Notre Dame 9/16 - 9/18
Nova 9/23 - 9/25
UMD 9/30 - 10/2
Dayton 10/21 - 10/23
VA Tech - TBD
Let's hope he gets here and doesn't commit during the three before us.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 11:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Exactly, all we gotta do is hope
Old 08-28-2016, 01:04 PM
General of the Air Force

More info about Morsell:

http://www.hoopseen.com/news/player/...ampaign=buffer
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Al (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
It's usually a good thing when the recruit schedules your team last on an OV but considering the quality of the programs ahead of us I'm with you. Archie doing work.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Rosie's in my Top 3 and I absolutely love the guy but that wouldn't have happened had Wayman Tisdale not been injured. Ankle I believe.

Last edited by FLYER5; 08-28-2016 at 04:18 PM..
Old 08-28-2016, 04:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
It's usually a good thing when the recruit schedules your team last on an OV but considering the quality of the programs ahead of us I'm with you. Archie doing work.
we need to find the old post where ud and nd student said that nd bball games didnt compare to ud games
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 04:59 PM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 810 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Rosie's in my Top 3 and I absolutely love the guy but that wouldn't have happened had Wayman Tisdale not been injured. Ankle I believe.
Tisdale was not injured. In fact, he poured in 36 points against the Flyers. Chapman was just unstoppable that game.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Tisdale was not injured. In fact, he poured in 36 points against the Flyers. Chapman was just unstoppable that game.
He would've put up 50 if he was healthy. I listened to the game and recall the announcers saying it was painful for him to continue as the game went on.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 07:09 PM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 810 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I watched the game, too. Should have said Tisdale was not injured in the first half when he put up 24 points (same as Chapman, by the way), yet Oklahoma still trailed by a couple of baskets. He did tweak his ankle early in the second half -- as the Flyers were widening their lead -- and sat for less than three minutes. He scored another 12 points in the second half and led everyone in rebounds. You're right that the ankle sprain may have made him less effective, but probably not anymore than the double and triple-team Donoher threw at him. Tisdale didn't even mention his ankle in post-game comments and was laudatory about Chap.

The game accounts are archived everywhere.

Last edited by The Fly; 08-28-2016 at 08:12 PM..
Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Major General

It really works both ways. Just as many commit to the first school that host them as the last. Davis had visits lined up after us and he committed. I know people say it's good to have the last chance with a guy, but I would take the first chance to blow him away any day of the week. Do well enough on your chance and he won't take those other visits.