User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 12:17 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
Sam Miller with a broken ankle, how long will he take to recover? Enters a 6'9 recruit on campus today
I can just about guarantee you that Sam Miller's ankle has zero to do with this recruit. I mean if he had no injury, you think Grant would say "hey, we got two more years of Sam Miller! We don't need any more forwards!" Plus, he's got time to recover. He'll be as good as he ever was.
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
One thing to think about is that Giannis played with former VCU star & Larry Sanders with the Bucks. Maybe he could have gave AG a good plug to them
Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
I can just about guarantee you that Sam Miller's ankle has zero to do with this recruit. I mean if he had no injury, you think Grant would say "hey, we got two more years of Sam Miller! We don't need any more forwards!" Plus, he's got time to recover. He'll be as good as he ever was.
How long do you think it will take for Sam to recover from that broken ankle, plus if this kid commits. There will be a back log upfront, just food for thought
Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Good theory - but false. Nahziah Carter left "#UD Commit" on his twitter for weeks. That would have made him confirmed...until he wasn't.
He didn't leave it on twitter for weeks after he made his decision. Whatever... I obviously look at current players differently from you and others. I see no reason for them to confirm they are remaining at UD.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
How long do you think it will take for Sam to recover from that broken ankle, plus if this kid commits. There will be a back log upfront, just food for thought
I think he'll recover in time, but Sam's problem is more likely going to be Grant's system. Length, versatility, ability to defend multiple positions up and down the court and athleticism are key. Guys like Xeyrius and Kostas are ideal. And Obadiah is in that mold as well. So yes, it would be another to take minutes away from Sam. But I'm just saying that I don't think it's Sam's health that is the reason for recruiting Obadiah.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
I think he'll recover in time, but Sam's problem is more likely going to be Grant's system. Length, versatility, ability to defend multiple positions up and down the court and athleticism are key. Guys like Xeyrius and Kostas are ideal. And Obadiah is in that mold as well. So yes, it would be another to take minutes away from Sam. But I'm just saying that I don't think it's Sam's health that is the reason for recruiting Obadiah.
Josh never recovered 100 per cent, just saying. Big man and his ankle not good
Old 04-26-2017, 12:59 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Obi sounds like a late bloomer who grew a bunch recently. I think he's a guy who comes in puts on weight and develops. With the current front depth I don't think he's a guy who's ready or gets pressed into major minutes early
Old 04-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
He didn't leave it on twitter for weeks after he made his decision. Whatever... I obviously look at current players differently from you and others. I see no reason for them to confirm they are remaining at UD.
Never said he left it for weeks after he made a decision. Just saying he left it up for a few weeks (after Archie left) - then decided to leave (and removed it from his twitter at that time). Based on your logic we would have put him in the 99.9% camp like you did with Pierce. I agree with you that I think Josh is staying, but I'd rather hear it from him.

I also agree that current players don't need to confirm anything. I've said as much in this thread (feel free to read it). I've said in this thread that current players don't owe us any kind of comment.

This list is not an official list of any kind. It's an attempt to keep confirmed news in one place. I have not put anyone on that list unless something was said by them or about them. To put Josh's name on the list would suggest there has been news. And there hasn't been. And that's OK. I promise that this list will not determine whether or not Josh plays for UD next year. I apologize (not really) if not having Josh's name on the list has offended you.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Saw this in an article about today's official visit:

'Grant, who was hired to replaced Archie Miller earlier this month, has four scholarships open and could fill them with high school seniors or transfers or bank one or more for next year.'

Does this mean MS is officially a confirmed departure?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-26-2017, 02:09 PM
General

Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Saw this in an article about today's official visit:

'Grant, who was hired to replaced Archie Miller earlier this month, has four scholarships open and could fill them with high school seniors or transfers or bank one or more for next year.'

Posted via Mobile Device
Jablonski said in an early article that MS hadn't heard anything from Dayton
Old 04-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
I think his biggest problem regardless if it was AG's or AM's system is that he's simply not going to get in the work in physically to get better.I like Miller's weight and he's not heavy anywhere but still lacks strength and muscle development and, more importantly, his lack of footwork. I was/still am not giving up on him but this summer was, and is, going to be so critical for his development. Being off at least a couple months and still not 100% after that only regresses his development.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree 100% that Sam's health has nothing to do with this. The uncomfortable truth of being a program trying to grow into the upper echelons is that we are going to recruit over kids from time to time. I know this probably makes some people squirm a little, I will admit I am not completely comfortable with it but it is the reality of business. Sam Miller seems like a really good kid, but in two years, I have seen enough to be of the opinion that he is not the answer at the 4 if we have the opportunity to improve at that position. Archie should have taught us that this is all business to some extent, (I say to some extent because I am not going to go so far as to say that we should treat 18-19 year old kids as assets to do with as we please), but UD needs to approach things from a business perspective as well. If not, we will be that school that always treats its kids well but gets crapped on by players and coaches.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
Good question FlyingArrow. Now we know.

I originally thought your question was silly, because of course "his" meant Giannis.

Why would we care what a Buck's season ticket holder thought of our chances of keeping Kostas?
Said in my most sincere voice:

With all due respect, I think the opinion of someone that lives in the area of the Antetokounmpo family, follows Kostas's brother very closely and is very aware of what they have been through, may be of greater value than a lot of the other bs spewed around here.

Or in my most snarky voice:

With all due respect, I think the opinion of someone that lives in the area of the Antetokounmpo family, follows Kostas's brother very closely and is very aware of what they have been through, may be of greater value than a lot of the other bs spewed around here.

Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
superfan99 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Hard to call it a official confirmed departure for someone who has yet to arrive, and never turned in any paperwork making their commitment official in the first place, but you can probably read though the lines on this one.

Exhibit A:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Jablonski said in an early article that MS hadn't heard anything from Dayton
Exhibit B:

From yesterday's Jablonski article:

“You have to be patient, and you also have to be decisive because it is late in the game,” Grant said. “A lot of guys were off the board by the time I got the job. These transitions are difficult to navigate. We’re still pursuing some of the guys that were signed and committed to the previous staff. There’s a lot of things you’ve got to try to manage and get your arms around.”

Note he said pursuing "some of the guys" instead of saying "all of the guys" or "one of the guys."

Not hearing from Dayton and not being pursued are two ways of saying the same thing, so...
Old 04-26-2017, 04:32 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
I agree 100% that Sam's health has nothing to do with this. The uncomfortable truth of being a program trying to grow into the upper echelons is that we are going to recruit over kids from time to time. I know this probably makes some people squirm a little, I will admit I am not completely comfortable with it but it is the reality of business. Sam Miller seems like a really good kid, but in two years, I have seen enough to be of the opinion that he is not the answer at the 4 if we have the opportunity to improve at that position. Archie should have taught us that this is all business to some extent, (I say to some extent because I am not going to go so far as to say that we should treat 18-19 year old kids as assets to do with as we please), but UD needs to approach things from a business perspective as well. If not, we will be that school that always treats its kids well but gets crapped on by players and coaches.
The goal is actually to recruit better kids than the kids you got the year before until you've topped out by recruiting the best college team ever assembled that's cutting down the championship nets. So you are trying to recruit over kids. Up to the kids you got before to put in the work to keep the (possibly more talented) youngsters off the court. Competition is good. Good players are good. Winning is good.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-26-2017), Flyers98 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Said in my most sincere voice:

Or in my most snarky voice:

CE80, I come in peace...no offense meant or taken.

I was just trying to point out that FlyingArrow asked a good question because I read your original post the other way.

My intent wasn't to criticize your information (although I guess it did get hit with some shrapnel). I will take any piece of information about the Flyers, no matter how big or small. Thanks for sharing it. I just can't help of thinking of my best friends, sister's boyfriend's brother, seeing Ferris Bueller pass out at 31 flavors last night.
Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 04:52 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
CE80, I come in peace...no offense meant or taken.

I was just trying to point out that FlyingArrow asked a good question because I read your original post the other way.

My intent wasn't to criticize your information (although I guess it did get hit with some shrapnel). I will take any piece of information about the Flyers, no matter how big or small. Thanks for sharing it. I just can't help of thinking of my best friends, sister's boyfriend's brother, seeing Ferris Bueller pass out at 31 flavors last night.
We are good.

Straws are the only thing we can get our hands on now.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,617 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
“We’re going to do our best to address that, but this is not a one-shot deal,” Grant said. “We want to develop a program that’s sustainable. Whatever we can do to strengthen our program for this upcoming year, we’re certainly going to do that, but not at the expense of jeopardizing the long-term future of the program in terms of what we’re trying to build.”

A few posters need to read the above from the DDN article.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:02 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
“We’re going to do our best to address that, but this is not a one-shot deal,” Grant said. “We want to develop a program that’s sustainable. Whatever we can do to strengthen our program for this upcoming year, we’re certainly going to do that, but not at the expense of jeopardizing the long-term future of the program in terms of what we’re trying to build.”

I don't think that's ever been discounted
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:57 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. However, it's also coach speak for "I've been dealt some bad cards, please give me some time". Only time will tell.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 06:54 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I agree. However, it's also coach speak for "I've been dealt some bad cards, please give me some time". Only time will tell.
Maybe , maybe not but what I can tell you what it references far greater is the fact that in recruiting it's not the guys you miss out on that hurt you but it's the guys you sign that you're really not sold on that can set the program back since you're stuck with these guys for 4-5 years in most cases. Now is NOT the time to just throw all kinds of s___t on the wall and see what sticks.....Trust the fact that this coaching staff knows far more about where the program stands in regards to the 2017/2018 season as of 4-27-17 than any person on this board...
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-27-2017), flyerfanatic86 (04-27-2017), LI Flyer (04-27-2017), m21eagle45 (04-27-2017), TA111 (04-27-2017), TerryK_67 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute

This quote is similar to an Archie Miller quote at about the same time in his coaching career at UD after taking over from Brian Gregory. As I recall Archie said it will take a year or two before he could recruit the type of player he wanted because it takes that long to develop the recruiting relationships that would bring those players in.

A good coach deals in reality not in wishful thinking.
Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 07:16 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Not that there was any doubt at this point, but NFW Giannis Antetokounmpo is coming back to Dayton to work out with his brother if he was leaving.

http://mobile.twitter.com/DaytonMana...53243273334784

Also, very cool that Giannis is here working out with the team. He's also, um, a wee bit stronger than Kostas.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (04-29-2017), FLYER5 (04-30-2017), MNFats (04-30-2017), TXFlyerFan (04-29-2017), udflyerhoops2 (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 08:59 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Not that there was any doubt at this point, but NFW Giannis Antetokounmpo is coming back to Dayton to work out with his brother if he was leaving.

http://mobile.twitter.com/DaytonMana...53243273334784

Also, very cool that Giannis is here working out with the team. He's also, um, a wee bit stronger than Kostas.
Posted via Mobile Device
If I was Anthony Grant, I would use this photo big time in recruiting. I am sure he is way ahead of me in that aspect.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
This quote is similar to an Archie Miller quote at about the same time in his coaching career at UD after taking over from Brian Gregory. As I recall Archie said it will take a year or two before he could recruit the type of player he wanted because it takes that long to develop the recruiting relationships that would bring those players in.

A good coach deals in reality not in wishful thinking.
I think he actually said his third class. First class they are way behind on. Second much less so.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
If I was Anthony Grant, I would use this photo big time in recruiting. I am sure he is way ahead of me in that aspect.
If I was Anthony Grant, I'd fly a recruit or two in when Giannis was hanging around campus. But what do I know.
CE80 (05-01-2017), Tony T 71 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 11:36 AM
General of the Air Force

If I was Anthony Grant, I'd fly a recruit or two in when Giannis was hanging around campus. But what do I know.
Can recruits play in pick up games on their visits?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:38 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
On official visits they do. You tend to read how they like playing with current players. Not sure what they can do on unofficial visits.
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 11:50 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
Svaboda is staying...how/why who the heck knows. That's shocking
Old 05-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
So, Carter and Wright are the only departures from a 5-person recruiting class? That's pretty strong work by AG.

As we all remember, Archie went 0-for-2 in retention when he started.

Just so we're clear, that doesn't mean AG is going to be the best coach we've ever had. But he's off to a good start.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
This is why I haven't been posting b**ch and moan posts this whole time. There is a reason AG is coach and we are all sitting behind our computers wanting to play arm chair coach. Trust the process. He's barely been coach for a month. People act like the world is coming to an end in the last month.

And I trust there is a PG or two on their way.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hessbz12 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-01-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (05-01-2017), funeralplanner (05-01-2017), fuz_forward (05-01-2017), Jeff (05-02-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-02-2017), SeasonTicketFan (05-01-2017), Tony T 71 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 02:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
So, Carter and Wright are the only departures from a 5-person recruiting class? That's pretty strong work by AG.

As we all remember, Archie went 0-for-2 in retention when he started.

Just so we're clear, that doesn't mean AG is going to be the best coach we've ever had. But he's off to a good start.
Well he sure is the best coach we've got...just saying
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TX Flyer (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 02:52 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Crosby
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas

RECRUITS RELEASED FROM NLI (UNCOMMITTED):
Naz Carter

SOURCES:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...Uj1qW5d5XmrSXK
http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...nUlKVezOVCngI/
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasket...assistant.html
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...nyNxIQkSzwEKJ/
http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...rQgLI4vV0XFfO/
https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...77731446353920
http://www.daytonflyers.com/news/201...nig-staff.aspx
http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...LS9GGlJBWb4NJ/
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...gQz3BGLCEa10K/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer14 (05-01-2017), FLYER5 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Thanked 6,617 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hessbz12 View Post
This is why I haven't been posting b**ch and moan posts this whole time. There is a reason AG is coach and we are all sitting behind our computers wanting to play arm chair coach. Trust the process. He's barely been coach for a month. People act like the world is coming to an end in the last month.
I've been *****ing and moaning about the *****ers and moaners.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Crosby
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas

Naz Carter

SOURCES:
So Cunningham is not coming back???

Cancer Survivor Amen
Old 05-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tony T 71 View Post
No official word either way, but no reason to expect any official word. So no reason to suspect he's leaving.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
No official word either way, but no reason to expect any official word. So no reason to suspect he's leaving.
Which is why he should be on the retention list. Until/unless he's out...he's in!
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Tony T 71 View Post
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Which is why he should be on the retention list. Until/unless he's out...he's in!
I was pretty clear about the rules I was using for this list.

This thread (and the list that goes with it) is for CONFIRMED reports only. If there is a name on the list - there was news to go with it. Sometimes a DDN article, sometimes a tweet, sometimes a quote by the player, sometimes a quote about the player, etc. There has been no news on Cunningham

- He has tweeted once since Archie left and that was to lament the loss of another college coach

- He was not at the press conference introducing AG

- AG has not said his name. Not even once. Maybe it's out there - I haven't seen it.

- Unlike some other players - he has not been seen hanging out in the coaches offices.

Current players don't owe us anything. Cunningham will get his name on there once it's clear (not speculated) that he is returning. For all we know that won't happen until practices start back up and he's there. And that's fine.

I believe 100% that he will be back. Unfortunately, belief is not enough to get a name on the list.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (05-02-2017), Figgie123 (05-02-2017), FLYER5 (05-02-2017), jack72 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
A direct quote from Xeyrius in the second link that was used confirm the current players listed under retention:

“I think everybody’s bought in right now,” Williams said. “A lot of us are stepping into leadership roles, and we can gauge everyone. I think everybody is on the same page. We’re excited"

Again, not every player had a direct quote in the articles used so why would Josh not be included in this? Pretty sure when Xeyrius mentioned, "Everybody" being bought in and on the same page that included their team captain and starting big man.

Point is, Crosby had a direct quote in the same article mentioning the same things and he was listed as confirmed retention until he left a few weeks later. That's how it should be for every current player, confirmed as returning until they announce otherwise because there is no reason to suspect any current player would leave until it happens.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDFlyer23 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-02-2017), m21eagle45 (05-02-2017), RamodWaleskowski (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFlyer23 View Post
That's how it should be for every current player, confirmed as returning until they announce otherwise because there is no reason to suspect any current player would leave until it happens.
Sounds reasonable, but its not your list. You could always start your own list with your own criteria.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by UDFlyer23 View Post
Point is, Crosby had a direct quote in the same article mentioning the same things and he was listed as confirmed retention until he left a few weeks later. That's how it should be for every current player, confirmed as returning until they announce otherwise because there is no reason to suspect any current player would leave until it happens.
The goal was to build this list with as little speculation as possible. Every other thread is full of speculation. The point of this list is for people to find news of confirmed activity.

Confirmed is a loose term when it comes to current players. I get that. And I agree I think Cunningham is staying. But he has been VERY quiet during all of this. The article you referenced is from the announcement of AG - and Josh was not even there.

Here is some good news for you - nobody within UD basketball gives two craps about my list. So just because Cunningham isn't on here (yet), it doesn't mean he won't be back.

In the meantime - if you want to point me to some news about Josh - I'd be happy to read it.
31770 (05-02-2017), FLYER5 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
The goal was to build this list with as little speculation as possible. Every other thread is full of speculation. The point of this list is for people to find news of confirmed activity.

Confirmed is a loose term when it comes to current players. I get that. And I agree I think Cunningham is staying. But he has been VERY quiet during all of this. The article you referenced is from the announcement of AG - and Josh was not even there.
I do agree with you and appreciate you trying to keep everything in order during the transition with a sensible thread. I just figured having Josh on the list would eliminate all the people asking, "Is Josh not coming back?" or "Why is Josh not on the list." and leading to further speculation or needing to explain the criteria multiple times.

Either way.. no harm, no foul and I appreciate your updates.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is some good news for you - nobody within UD basketball gives two craps about my list. So just because Cunningham isn't on here (yet), it doesn't mean he won't be back.

In the meantime - if you want to point me to some news about Josh - I'd be happy to read it.
I also agree with the others. At this point, I think not having him on the list is causing more speculation than not. But that is just my opinion, don't care either way.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Colonel

New category. Problem Solved.

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Crosby
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas

CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION OF ANY KIND OF HIS INTENTIONS TO LEAVE OR STAY. WE ALL AGREE HE IS STAYING, BUT AT THIS TIME WE CAN ONLY CONFIRM THAT CONFIRMATION IS UNCONFIRMED:
Josh Cunningham

Naz Carter

SOURCES:
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-03-2017), Figgie123 (05-02-2017), Flyer14 (05-03-2017), FLYER5 (05-02-2017), FlyingArrow (05-02-2017), MikeF (05-02-2017), PerrymanFan (05-02-2017), rollo (05-02-2017), Runnin' Rebel (05-03-2017), superfan99 (05-02-2017), TXFlyerFan (05-02-2017), Widget (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Who is your source on this Cunningham update?
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-02-2017), Cardsflyer (05-03-2017), Figgie123 (05-02-2017), Flyer14 (05-03-2017), MikeF (05-02-2017), MNFats (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
New category. Problem Solved.

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Crosby
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas

CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION OF ANY KIND OF HIS INTENTIONS TO LEAVE OR STAY. WE ALL AGREE HE IS STAYING, BUT AT THIS TIME WE CAN ONLY CONFIRM THAT CONFIRMATION IS UNCONFIRMED:
Josh Cunningham

Naz Carter

SOURCES:
Old 05-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
What, MNFats got hustled? I would've told them to pound sand, bruh..Cunningham needs to speak up. He doesn't need a puppeteer. He should be over being scorned by his last lover by now. Little strange if you ask me.
That is confirmed: strange

Last edited by FLYER5; 05-02-2017 at 01:08 PM..
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Major General

Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
What, MNFats got hustled? I would've told them to pound sand, bruh..Cunningham needs to speak up. He doesn't need a puppeteer. He should be over being scorned by his last lover by now. Little strange if you ask me.
The only people he needs to "speak up" to are his teammates and coaches. Have you or MN CONFIRMED that he has not?
m21eagle45 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Major General

The goal was to build this list with as little speculation as possible.
You've induced more speculation by leaving Cunningham off your list than by including him.
m21eagle45 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
What, mnfats got hustled? I would've told them to pound sand, bruh..Cunningham needs to speak up. He doesn't need a puppeteer. He should be over being scorned by his last lover by now. Little strange if you ask me.
Dude just retweeted all his teammates' honors. You know because he is part of the team. Not sure what you want... maybe a pic of him sitting in Grant's lap? Or how about one of him giving Darren Hertz a piggyback ride? Would that do it for you guys?
Cardsflyer (05-03-2017), m21eagle45 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Radar View Post
You've induced more speculation by leaving Cunningham off your list than by including him.
Only because you (and others) didn't read the first post explaining the purpose of this thread. That's not my fault...
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-02-2017), Figgie123 (05-02-2017), FLYER5 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Colonel

Dude just retweeted all his teammates' honors. You know because he is part of the team. Not sure what you want... maybe a pic of him sitting in Grant's lap? Or how about one of him giving Darren Hertz a piggyback ride? Would that do it for you guys?
If we are using retweets as confirmation - he also retweeted news about a kid transferring from Cal to Kansas. So I will use that as confirmation that he is transferring.
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Not the right place for dry humor? I was just making a joke around the criteria used to be included in this thread. Now I've dreailed it. Sorry, MNFats.. Cunningham's silence has been strange. Not saying it's a bad sign because it would make more sense that he would've left by now. Plus the sitting another year.. You guys are awful sensitive. I could take all you muffins on the court
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Major General

If we are using retweets as confirmation - he also retweeted news about a kid transferring from Cal to Kansas. So I will use that as confirmation that he is transferring.
That was his high school teammate. I just don't get why anyone is looking for confirmation. He'll be here next year. A year from now - when the grad transfer option is on the table - that is another story. A year from now is when we should be looking for confirmation, or signs of his allegiance.
FLYER5 (05-02-2017), m21eagle45 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Until Ray Harper confirms the information it's all speculation!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-02-2017), Cardsflyer (05-03-2017), Jack D (05-02-2017), OSU Flyer (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
This is one of my favorite threads, people getting their panties twisted over whether or not a guys' name should be on Fats' list or not.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Browns For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-03-2017), FLYER5 (05-03-2017), Jack D (05-02-2017), jack72 (05-02-2017), jerseyflyer09 (05-02-2017), MNFats (05-02-2017), The Fly (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:23 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Browns View Post
This is one of my favorite threads, people getting their panties twisted over whether or not a guys' name should be on Fats' list or not.
Couldn't agree more. This stuff vaults silliness into a new stratosphere. I understand Fats' goal with this list. But noble effort or not, it's a better example of fake news than anything coming out of our "prez." These guys will be here ... or they won't. Trying to substantiate this stuff through a quote, a tweet, hearsay or anything else is fruitless. Didn't we learn anything with Crosby? He was here ... and then he wasn't. Let it play out of its own accord. Believe me, your time is much better spent discussing Rollo's various avatars and cheerleader pics.
Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
I would think most recruits are refreshing this page constantly to see if Fats' updates his list. This is important.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (05-03-2017), MNFats (05-02-2017), wes (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 03:36 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
Until Ray Harper confirms the information it's all speculation!
I believe we set up a separate thread in OTJ to preserve forever all the Ray Harper comedy.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30831

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 05-02-2017 at 06:33 PM..
Old 05-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by browns View Post
this is one of my favorite threads, people getting their panties twisted over whether or not a guys' name should be on fats' list or not.
:d :d :d
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (8.2 KB, 26 views)
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Browns (05-03-2017), MikeF (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Major

FlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to beholdFlyerinChicago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bcross View Post
I would think most recruits are refreshing this page constantly to see if Fats' updates his list. This is important.
https://goo.gl/images/Z0Uv3k
Old 05-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
The reason for this thread is to provide us with a definitive status of the basketball program. A status list beyond debate for which everyone can agree. It is a matter of consensus based upon fact. The problem is facts are often subjective ie by a tweet or a retweet or a DDN article rather than a flat out single basis for determining fact. If everyone who is staying is confirmed by signing an affidavit in blood we might not need to debate the facts.

Also perhaps the number of categories is limiting our ability to qualify the personnel. Given Cunningham's injury frequency and the fact that at the end of the season he was not 100% and then there is Sam's break. We need to add to the categories
1. Confirmed will stay but will not play
2. Confirmed maybe will stay but might or might not play
3. Confirmed maybe will not stay but probably would not play even if he did stay
4. Confirmed could stay but do we care?
5. Confirmed probably won't stay and we do not care

With these added categories we will have a far more definitive idea of the status of the program.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:36 PM
1st Lieutenant

DaytonInsider is a jewel in the roughDaytonInsider is a jewel in the roughDaytonInsider is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I believe we set up a separate thread in OJT to preserve forever all the Ray Harper comedy.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30831
am I the only one who is really tired of hearing the Ray Harper jokes. I blocked Rollo and it was the best decision I made on here now how can I block ray harper.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DaytonInsider For This Totally Excellent Post:
TerryK_67 (05-02-2017), UDEE79 (05-07-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
You don't block Ray Harper, Ray Harper blocks you.
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-02-2017), C-time (05-02-2017), Cardsflyer (05-03-2017), CT Flyer (05-03-2017), flyerfanatic86 (05-03-2017), Flyers98 (05-02-2017), fuz_forward (05-03-2017), JimBo (05-03-2017), mikeymo85 (05-02-2017), Runnin' Rebel (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Major

momszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud of
Out of Billions, that is the first GOOD Ray Harper joke BROB!
Mad Props to momszer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 06:30 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Those jokes will run their course. News has been slow, so they remain alive. Once there is more meat to discuss, they will go away.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:33 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DaytonInsider View Post
am I the only one who is really tired of hearing the Ray Harper jokes. I blocked Rollo and it was the best decision I made on here now how can I block ray harper.
The Harper jokes lost their unique punch long ago. The monitors could move them to OTJ.
Or there are a handful of monitors that can delete them. But really, they are dying a natural death because they aren't funny anymore. Just ignore.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
DaytonInsider (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
The Harper jokes lost their unique punch long ago. The monitors could move them to OTJ.
Or there are a handful of monitors that can delete them. But really, they are dying a natural death because they aren't funny anymore. Just ignore.
Is there anything really wrong with them if it's just one mixed into a comment or thread? Now I completely understand if a thread gets 6 or 7 of them in a row(which I'm pretty sure how the one group of them got moved to OTJ) its annoying, but otherwise I don't see the issue.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Simple. It's a UD basketball board. It is really annoying to open a series of threads that have become fake news attributed to some clown that has nothing to do with UD basketball. Especially at a time when we are anticipating real news on that subject. It's the very reason Hillary or Donald aren't in every thread, and why OTJ was invented.

I laughed with everyone else back when the subject had some relevance. Now we should stop with this because THIS discussion is doing the same thing. omg.

The music died with DaytonDandy.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 05-02-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Old 05-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Simple. It's a UD basketball board. It is really annoying to open a series of threads that have become fake news attributed to some clown that has nothing to do with UD basketball. Especially at a time when we are anticipating real news on that subject. It's the very reason Hillary or Donald aren't in every thread, and why OTJ was invented.

I laughed with everyone else back when the subject had some relevance. Now we should stop with this because THIS discussion is doing the same thing. omg.

The music died with DaytonDandy.
Well I guess we'll have to disagree then. A well timed joke about Ray Harper (or anything else) is really what this board needs sometimes, and the people who understand where it all started will think its funny. Sometimes people take things too seriously here and it's what leads to the arguments people end up in.

I can almost guarantee I will break out a Harper comment every now and then for a long time. Some people will appreciate it and some people won't.

But seriously SDF what did Ray Harper ever do to you?
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
Big Rob (05-03-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (05-02-2017), Cardsflyer (05-03-2017), CT Flyer (05-03-2017), FLYER5 (05-03-2017), flyerfanatic86 (05-03-2017), Gazoo (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Just so we are clear, i love the Ray Harper stuff, i still think it's funny and i hope it NEVER goes away. In a time when everyone is *****ing and moaning about everything, it is Ray Harper that can bring us together.

Ray Harper once gave a man a fish AND taught him to fish.

All due respect SDF, pretty sure we can all agree you are the King of UDPride

Last edited by BRob2Perryman3; 05-02-2017 at 09:32 PM..
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-03-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by C-time View Post

But seriously SDF what did Ray Harper ever do to you?
oh dear.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:43 PM
General

Any chance Kuwik gets an admin position?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Ray Harper knew when it was time to quit the Ray Harper jokes.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (05-04-2017), springborofan (05-06-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 07:14 AM

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Treason!

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
All due respect SDF, pretty sure we can all agree you are the King of UDPride
San Diego Flyer (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Within a millisecond of pressing enter i realized my grave mistake. I decided to leave it up for Clayton's sake.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:38 AM

wes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to behold
Who is Ray Harper?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
I guess this thread solely exists for Naz Carter at this point. FWIW, I never thought the Harper jokes were remotely funny.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Class of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to behold
I think we need a new poll to determine who thinks the Ray Harper jokes are funny or not.
Mad Props to Class of 73 Alum For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be happy to serve as an admin to determine if jokes are funny or not, should I be called to do it.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
I guess this thread solely exists for Naz Carter at this point. FWIW, I never thought the Harper jokes were remotely funny.
At this point I would say this thread exists for the 3 open scholarships. Whoever those go to.

I'm in the camp that believes it will be 2 PGs and AG will stash one scholarship for next year.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
A priest, a rabbi and Ray Harper walk into a bar...
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-03-2017), Flyer2 (05-03-2017), FLYER5 (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
At this point I would say this thread exists for the 3 open scholarships.
I thought that's what the "2017 recruiting" thread was for.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
oldfan (05-06-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Major General

New theory: John Crosby hates this thread, and just wants to mess with our minds:

Confirmed retention. Then confirmed departure. Now confirmed question mark.

Dude is singlehandedly destroying the whole premise is this thread; which is that we can confirm anything.

And then there's Ryan Mikesell. He's still coming back, but like without a functional hip. Confirmed disabled!
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
oldfan (05-06-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
I thought that's what the "2017 recruiting" thread was for.
That thread is for rumors, speculation, discussion, etc.

This is thread is to help folks who don't want to read speculation - they just want to know what's happening. If a guy commits - this will get updated.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Colonel

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Crosby
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda
Jalen Crutcher

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas

Josh Cunningham

Naz Carter

SOURCES:
https://twitter.com/Jalen_NoRose1/st...53717079293952
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer14 (05-06-2017), FLYER5 (05-06-2017), UDEE79 (05-06-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 09:51 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
So with Josh, and the Jalen commit, and with Crosby coming back would that leave us one more scholly open.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Colonel

I have Crosby as leaving...until he's not. We have 1 scholarship with him, 2 without.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:32 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I have Crosby as leaving...until he's not. We have 1 scholarship with him, 2 without.
I was not questioning your score keeping. I totally agree with it. Just clarifying the scholly number.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (05-07-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Colonel

I'm convinced this is proof players read the forums and Crosby is just messing with me...

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda
Jalen Crutcher

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas
Crosby

Josh Cunningham

Naz Carter

SOURCES:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...GN6tiGR7SmPRL/
Old 05-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
http://daytonflyers.com/news/2017/5/...asketball.aspx
Sounds confirmed to me.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:30 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LI Flyer View Post
http://daytonflyers.com/news/2017/5/...asketball.aspx
Sounds confirmed to me.
He's talking about Cunningham ya ninkompoop.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Sorry, my bad, I read it too quickly!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
We should add McKinley Wright as confirmed leaving. I will add that based on the math I see coming out of this coaching change we are sitting about as good as it gets under these circumstances. A class of 5 and we have retained more than half is excellent and if Carter decides to stay - which he needs to recommit sooner rather than later because I have a feeling AG isn't waiting much longer - it would be beyond excellent if we retained 4 out of 5. Congrats to the new coaching staff and the University. Job well done.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (05-11-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 08:55 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Comments from Grant on his live radio interview on WHIO, I am paraphrasing here but you get the point.

1. "First thing we did is we reached out to all the current players, and all are coming back". Are you all convinced now that Cunningham will be back?

2. "Then we reached out to all of the recruits from the previous coach, and we were able to retain 3 out of 5." My hunch is if there was any doubt, the ship has sailed for this season (and probably forever) on Carter. 60% retained, I would say good job coach.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 05-10-2017 at 08:57 AM..
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (05-10-2017), FLYER5 (05-10-2017), jerseyflyer09 (05-10-2017), MNFats (05-10-2017), rollo (05-10-2017), San Diego Flyer (05-10-2017), Widget (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 09:29 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
We should add McKinley Wright as confirmed leaving.
I didn't put him as leaving because....he was never really here. Just took him off the list.

Once Carter officially commits somewhere else - I will just remove him as well.
BeckysTXA (05-10-2017), FLYER5 (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Colonel

Updating Josh based on AGs comments from this morning.

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda
Jalen Crutcher

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas
Crosby
Josh Cunningham

Naz Carter

SOURCES:
Old 05-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
How about Andy Farrell?, reported in the Assistant's thread by lhsgolf

Coach Andy Farrell‏ @CoachAFarrell 2h2 hours ago

Headed to #Dayton to join the new MBB coaching staff! Southwest Mississippi CC was a BLESSING! The next chapter is Dayton Ohio! #GoFlyers
Old 05-10-2017, 02:02 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the DDN story on Andy Ferrell...director of scouting and program development

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...m65ez6jKeuqJM/
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Colonel

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES:
Archie Miller
Allen Griffen
Tom Ostrom
Bill Comar
Kevin Kuwik

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS:
Anthony Grant
Jordan Davis
Jordan Pierce
Darren Hertz
Anthony Solomon
James Kane
Ricardo Greer
Matej Svoboda
Jalen Crutcher
Andy Farrell

CONFIRMED RETENTION:
Xeyrius
Mikesell
D Davis
Sam
Landers
Kostas
Crosby
Josh Cunningham

Naz Carter

SOURCES:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...m65ez6jKeuqJM/
Glen Clark (05-11-2017), NorthwestFlyer (05-10-2017)