Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Football

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-28-2015, 02:01 PM
1st Lieutenant

Always Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting change:FCS haves and have nots

With the changes now hitting the FCS schools (see link below) can the PFL model last? Of course it can, but I think the chances of any school competing for a title is slim at best. I feel getting to the dance and possibly making it a round or two is a win for any PFL team. I'm sure once this big dog does it, others who really want to compete will have to follow. I say it is a Pandora's box for college athletics. IMO the powers to be (NCAA) have for gotten the AMATUER ATHLETICS part of there name. Of course when the machine is making billions, how can they say no.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ea&tm=&src=FCS
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Always Proud View Post
With the changes now hitting the FCS schools (see link below) can the PFL model last? Of course it can, but I think the chances of any school competing for a title is slim at best. I feel getting to the dance and possibly making it a round or two is a win for any PFL team. I'm sure once this big dog does it, others who really want to compete will have to follow. I say it is a Pandora's box for college athletics. IMO the powers to be (NCAA) have for gotten the AMATUER ATHLETICS part of there name. Of course when the machine is making billions, how can they say no.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ea&tm=&src=FCS
Have a grandson at NDSU and follow the Bison closely. They will have no problem getting private $$ for the program. They should think long and hard about the move to FBS status. Attending their games is an experience with tailgaters filling the lots when the Temp is -5 or so. It really is unique. the Fargo Dome holds almost 20,000 and they have no trouble filling it. The difference in the level of play between the Bison and the PFL can be measured in light years, and that's no knock on the PFL.