User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Oliver's free throws

I couldn't help but to think that DMO's two missed free throws at the 1 min. 11 sec. mark with the score tied at 55 would be another in a series of misfortunes that would be a bad memory to erase for the one player who has meant so much to us this whole season.

As a team we were 13-17 for 76.5%. Dyshawn Pierre was 7-7 at the line and none were more important than the 3 in a row he made with 26.3 seconds remaining and Ohio State up 57-55. Talk about ice water in your veins!

I told my son that Pierre bailed out Oliver because, as a senior leader he would be blaming himself for the loss. Fortunately, another senior, Vee Sanford hit the game winning basket at the end.

This was a game where all three of our seniors stepped up. Matt Kavanaugh held us in the game with his low post moves early on.

Survive and advance is what the Dickie V's and Jay Bilas' of the worlds say at this time of year so Go Flyers beat Syracuse! I picked 'em on my bracket.
Advertisement