UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Make it a Home Game for Providence This Week

If Dayton fans want to get into the Big East, a very small but important step, is to be very gracious to Providence and root for them. MAKE IT A HOME GAME FOR PROVIDENCE.

A number of reasons:

(1) It was unfair for Providence to be a 6 seed playing 11 seed Dayton 90 minutes from Dayton. If Dayton was a 6 seed playing 11 seed Providence in Boston, we would have been upset too. We got jobbed being in the First 4, but both Boise State and Providence got jobbed too.

(2) Xavier has a narrative with the Big East that Dayton fans are terrible and we do not want that type of program in the BE. Let's show the President of Providence and the Athletic Director what a great atmosphere we have at UD Arena.

(3) Providence is a Catholic School that is very similar to U.D. USC could not be more dissimilar. Let's show the President of Providence and Athletic Director want a great institutional fit we are.

(4) Archie and Ed Cooley are good friends from the U19 National Team (Coaches are Sean Miller, Archie Miller, and Ed Cooley). A Friend of Archie is a friend of mine.

ROOT FOR PROVIDENCE THIS WEEK IN DAYTON.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (03-13-2017), BeckysTXA (03-13-2017), CoffeeCan (03-12-2017), Flyer14 (03-13-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-12-2017), Rita 1 (03-12-2017), SeasonTicketFan (03-12-2017), TommyGola (03-12-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2017, 10:20 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Or don't because it won't make a difference
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-12-2017), C-time (03-12-2017), ClevelandFlyer05 (03-13-2017), FLYER5 (03-13-2017), flyerfanatic86 (03-13-2017), Glen Clark (03-13-2017), IAFlyer (03-13-2017), jerseyflyer09 (03-13-2017), m21eagle45 (03-13-2017), Smitty10 (03-12-2017), TerryK_67 (03-12-2017), UD62 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
(2) Xavier has a narrative with the Big East that Dayton fans are terrible and we do not want that type of program in the BE. Let's show the President of Providence and the Athletic Director what a great atmosphere we have at UD Arena..
The NCAA knows what kind of fans we have in Dayton. So does everyone else that pays attention. If the Big East wanted us, we'd be in by now. If it's because they believe our, until recently, most hated rival that our fan base is poorly behaved, OF COURSE WE'RE POORLY BEHAVED AGAINST OUR RIVAL.

Eff Xavier. Eff the Big East. We've had success without them and will continue to do so. Go USC.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-13-2017), IAFlyer (03-13-2017), TerryK_67 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,607 Times in 5,094 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer to adopt whoever they are playing and root for them as if they were the Dayton Flyers. We are now on our fourth NCAA Tournament berth in a row. I would say the A10 is working out nicely for us. We don't need a different conference to make people realize that we have a program.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-12-2017), CE80 (03-13-2017), ClevelandFlyer05 (03-13-2017), FlyingArrow (03-12-2017), frisco flyer (03-12-2017), IAFlyer (03-13-2017), m21eagle45 (03-13-2017), San Diego Flyer (03-13-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,682 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
If I was going (and I can't-my busy season), I'd probably root for Providence because:
(a) They're a Catholic school;
(b) They seemed to be indifferent toward our desire to join the NBE (as opposed to other institutions that seemingly black-balled us);
(c) USC used to beat tOSU in the Rose Bowl when I first started following Buckeye football; and
(d) Now that I married into a family that's Notre Dame fans, I have 1 more reason to dislike their athletic department.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
So your argument rest on Dayton will get in the big East if UD fans root for providence; and Providence and UD both promote moral teachings of the Catholic Church???

Oh my dear Lord, my gut hurts...it's about to bust.

Ruechalgrin, you need a pot of coffee to sober up. I hope the little eastern group gets beat-down in every game, of every year, until the end of time.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClevelandFlyer05 (03-13-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Just plain dumb
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2017, 11:05 PM

ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
So your argument rest on Dayton will get in the big East if UD fans root for providence; and Providence and UD both promote moral teachings of the Catholic Church???

Ruechalgrin, you need a pot of coffee to sober up. I hope the little eastern group gets beat-down in every game, of every year, until the end of time.
As I said, little things matter (did not say this would get Dayton into the Big East - you are misrepresenting my point). Relationships matter. To have the President and AD of Providence have a great experience is important. The Presidents vote on membership to the Big East. People have feelings and remember positive experiences and negative experiences. The NCAA experience is big even for Presidents of Universities and they will have a heightened sense of awareness. Let's make it positive.

Not dispositive, but my experience in business is that relationships and customer experience matter more than other things. Why did Creighton get in and Dayton did not, relationships, relationships, relationships.

Small step, but let's start the small steps with Providence this week. Costs Dayton fans zero, all upside and no downside. Why wouldn't all Dayton fans participate in something that has zero downside and

Beatty Town Coach, not big into personal attacks. But my guess is you are not in the relationship or customer experience business (could be wrong, but you post indicates it). There is a lot of statistical evidence on moments of truth and customer experience and how it establishes long-term brand connections.

Instead of misrepresenting what I said and then personal attacks, I would hope a Dayton degree would have given you a platform for a more logical response.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Why did Creighton get in and Dayton did not....
It begins with J and ends with T! And no Dominican Friar is gonna change that!
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (03-13-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
The way for the Providence administration to have a good experience, is to win the game. That's on them, not on any UD fan

I know what you are driving at, and in business that can work, but if that's why UD wasn't invited to the BE, then we better stay light years away from the big east.

UD looks silly begging and pleading to be liked by the other big East kids. SILLY!!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-13-2017), FLYER5 (03-13-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:18 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a feeling that the crowd is going to be for Providence for many reason, the ones your present aren't any of them. They're closer(after all, they do have a conference team within 60 miles of us). USC doesn't drum up any warm and fuzzies, they are looked at from the midwest as UCLA light. Providence isn't Xavier and we've actually had a long, consistent history of success against them. The most passionate fans there for that game will be for Providence.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:05 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Do it for any of a million reasons, but don't do it for the Big East. See, those decisions are made by sober, rational, grownup college presidents that couldn't give two ****s about fans' opinions.

That said, I think the administration at Xavier has rational reasons to desire that Dayton not be a member of the same conference, that those reasons have nothing to do with petty fans and rivalries, and that their fellow college presidents will respect their colleague's wishes in that regard.

Root for whomever you wish. I'll be rooting for Providence.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-13-2017), T-Bone 84 (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 01:12 AM

Thanked 6,167 Times in 4,198 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
(2) Xavier has a narrative with the Big East that Dayton fans are terrible and we do not want that type of program in the BE. Let's show the President of Providence and the Athletic Director what a great atmosphere we have at UD Arena.
This narrative does absolutely exist...many X fans talk crap about UD fans all the time...many X fans actively campaign against UD getting into the BE.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,219 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
As I said, little things matter (did not say this would get Dayton into the Big East - you are misrepresenting my point). Relationships matter. To have the President and AD of Providence have a great experience is important. The Presidents vote on membership to the Big East. People have feelings and remember positive experiences and negative experiences. The NCAA experience is big even for Presidents of Universities and they will have a heightened sense of awareness. Let's make it positive.

Not dispositive, but my experience in business is that relationships and customer experience matter more than other things. Why did Creighton get in and Dayton did not, relationships, relationships, relationships.

Small step, but let's start the small steps with Providence this week. Costs Dayton fans zero, all upside and no downside. Why wouldn't all Dayton fans participate in something that has zero downside and

Beatty Town Coach, not big into personal attacks. But my guess is you are not in the relationship or customer experience business (could be wrong, but you post indicates it). There is a lot of statistical evidence on moments of truth and customer experience and how it establishes long-term brand connections.

Instead of misrepresenting what I said and then personal attacks, I would hope a Dayton degree would have given you a platform for a more logical response.
Rooting for them or against them will not affect how they feel or what they believe about Dayton fans, it is how you act while cheering either way. You can cheer against a team, while still being gracious hosts.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,339 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
So the BE might not be good with "terrible" Dayton fans but they're OK with the thugs that X regularly puts on the floor?
Old 03-13-2017, 07:29 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
If Dayton fans want to get into the Big East, a very small but important step, is to be very gracious to Providence and root for them. MAKE IT A HOME GAME FOR PROVIDENCE.

A number of reasons:

(1) It was unfair for Providence to be a 6 seed playing 11 seed Dayton 90 minutes from Dayton. If Dayton was a 6 seed playing 11 seed Providence in Boston, we would have been upset too. We got jobbed being in the First 4, but both Boise State and Providence got jobbed too.

(3) Providence is a Catholic School that is very similar to U.D. USC could not be more dissimilar. Let's show the President of Providence and Athletic Director want a great institutional fit we are.

(4) Archie and Ed Cooley are good friends from the U19 National Team (Coaches are Sean Miller, Archie Miller, and Ed Cooley). A Friend of Archie is a friend of mine.

ROOT FOR PROVIDENCE THIS WEEK IN DAYTON.
You really have no clue how this stuff works do you? Do you think they let Rutgers into the Big10 because their fans cheered them on at the NCAA tournament sites when it is in East Rutherford? I have a bridge for sale if you really believe this. It's all about money and what teams bring. They could care less if our fans root for their fans.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 03-13-2017 at 07:39 AM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (03-13-2017), CE80 (03-13-2017), Gazoo (03-13-2017), longtimefan (03-13-2017), priceg75 (03-13-2017), UDGutter2 (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 08:03 AM
1st Lieutenant

Source is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these parts
m21eagle 45 is correct. Heck most X fans really do not care about UD anymore. I wish them the best against Wichita.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:32 AM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Root against Providence and root lowd, so Providence knows just how passionate UD fans really are.

Let them know that UD's rabid fan base makes an insane atmosphere, one of the best in college BB, and is a great addition to any conference up to and including the ACC.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:37 AM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't matter that X fans don't like UD fans. As best my small mind can recall, that works both ways. I sincerely doubt the school presidents factor those opinions. Using that as an excuse to root for or against seems to scream insecurity.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,084 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Silliest thing I ever heard

Silliest thing I ever heard

So we approach this as "Let's be nice to them, so they will be nice to us"? syndrome.

Now I don't mean be disrespectful toward them ... just be respectfully LOWD cheering against them!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:23 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
The UD inferiority complex kicks in again.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
I'll be cheering for both teams! I think everyone who plays is a winner.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:31 AM

Thanked 15,912 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Browns View Post
I'll be cheering for both teams! I think everyone who plays is a winner.
With a name like 'Browns' your way of thinking is not a surprise.
Browns (03-13-2017), jerseyflyer09 (03-13-2017), NJFlyr71 (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Major General

NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Based on the thought behind this Thread I have something to do .................

"Bless me Father for I have sinned. I have had many evil thoughts about the BE. "

Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Captain

oRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant future
OMG, this is an easy 1. Enjoy SC's cheerleaders and pep band and root for the Catholics over the Convicts.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
If anyone needs tickets for Wednesday, PM me. 110 Row G. Face value and I'll throw in parking. Tickets are 65 each. 2 seats available.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:06 PM

Thanked 2,210 Times in 975 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Two years ago Ed Cooley claimed the team playing in Dayton has an advantage in the next round because the opponent doesn't know who to game plan for.
Since Providence apparently doesn't have to game plan for USC and is already planning for and unsuspecting SMU squad, I'm rooting for USC just because I want SMU to have a fair chance on Friday.
Beatty Town Coach (03-13-2017), CT Flyer (03-13-2017), Gazoo (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
How can anyone pull for the Friars with the USC Song Girls in the house.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
You really have no clue how this stuff works do you? Do you think they let Rutgers into the Big10 because their fans cheered them on at the NCAA tournament sites when it is in East Rutherford? I have a bridge for sale if you really believe this. It's all about money and what teams bring. They could care less if our fans root for their fans.
Your conventional and skimming the surface thinking would last about two minutes in Silicon Valley, maybe less.

Why did Creighton get into the Big East and why did Dayton not get into the Big East? Expected $ return for the Big East for both schools was about the same in terms of TV market size, fan base traveling to away games/BE Tournament, reputation of programs (Creighton has never won 2 consecutive NCAA games), etc., etc. Arguments could be had on both sides. But bottom-line there was very little difference in how much $ Creighton or Dayton would make the Big East.

Creighton got in over Dayton because they had better relationships with Presidents and Athletic Directors in the Big East and they had a few champions among Presidents/ADs (like Marquette) who really pushed for their inclusion.

If and when the Big East expands, we want great relationships with Presidents, Athletic Directors, and even key donors at those schools -- all these constituents will be in Dayton this week -- so we have champions for our case when there are two schools with similar profiles competing for a space in the Big East. Let's help create those advocates and champions.

My company trains our sales team on long-term relationship building and one of the key focus areas is creating small memorable moments as the statistical causation between small memorable moments and long-term profitable relationships is high. Conversely, one bad memorable moment can set-back relationship building for years. Hence, we orchestrate everything when we have individuals we are are trying to build relationships with, from the smallest to the biggest things, whenever they visit our campus or we visit theirs. We go down to small details like interviewing drivers who will drive them from San Francisco Airport to our campus.

The biggest thing for Providence this week will be whether they win or lose. A bunch of studies show home teams 3-5 points better in college basketball than a neutral court. One of the big reasons is that fans actually influence referees (sorry Rollo, but it has been shown refs want to please the home crowd) and teams respond to positive encouragement as well (Providence will not get the advantage of no travel, familiar arena, etc.). So we could help Providence win even if the home crowd support would be ever so slight. At my company, we would try to help influence even small things like this. Admittedly, this will be a very very small impact if any.

The other aspect is how they are treated in Dayton including fan support. Greg Marshall of Wichita State, his President, and AD all rave about their treatment at UD last year. When we want to schedule a home and home with them, little things like this matter. We want the Providence President, AD, and key donors to walk out with a great experience in Dayton, small, but a bunch of small memorable moments equal a good brand impression. I want Dayton to not only have a good, but actually leave a great brand impression on key decision makers who we are actively trying to influence.

Bunch of studies that show small memorable moments can help further long-term relationships, why wouldn't Dayton fans help create some of those small memorable moments for key decision makers at Providence? This is a no brainer for me. The President, AD, and donors of Providence are key decision-makers in our bid to get into the Big East. Why wouldn't Dayton and its fans do everything possible to give them a fantastic experience including a home crowd at UD Arena?!?!?!

Last edited by ruechalgrin; 03-13-2017 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-13-2017, 04:21 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
So rue, what do you do when the NCAA decides to award the First Four to another city because the USC people complain that UD was using the First Four games as a marketing tool to get into the Big East and it is not fair when their fans all root for the BE teams?
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 04:35 PM
General

Thanked 4,338 Times in 2,133 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
he's a novel idea, why not cheer for (hopefully) great basketball, nothing more, nothing less.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Townie (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Colonel

ClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant future
If the Big East were formed tomorrow from scratch with no prior history, Providence probably wouldn't be a member. They're a legacy program that I suspect has little pull in swaying other members on issues such as expansion. I'm not saying that we should be disrespectful, but I don't think it matters much to bend over backwards for their administrators, players, and fans.

Regardless of any of that, I will certainly be rooting against every single Big East team in every single tournament game this year, as in every year.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Your conventional and skimming the surface thinking would last about two minutes in Silicon Valley, maybe less.

Why did Creighton get into the Big East and why did Dayton not get into the Big East? Expected $ return for the Big East for both schools was about the same in terms of TV market size, fan base traveling to away games/BE Tournament, reputation of programs (Creighton has never won 2 consecutive NCAA games), etc., etc. Arguments could be had on both sides. But bottom-line there was very little difference in how much $ Creighton or Dayton would make the Big East.

Creighton got in over Dayton because they had better relationships with Presidents and Athletic Directors in the Big East and they had a few champions among Presidents/ADs (like Marquette) who really pushed for their inclusion.

If and when the Big East expands, we want great relationships with Presidents, Athletic Directors, and even key donors at those schools -- all these constituents will be in Dayton this week -- so we have champions for our case when there are two schools with similar profiles competing for a space in the Big East. Let's help create those advocates and champions.

My company trains our sales team on long-term relationship building and one of the key focus areas is creating small memorable moments as the statistical causation between small memorable moments and long-term profitable relationships is high. Conversely, one bad memorable moment can set-back relationship building for years. Hence, we orchestrate everything when we have individuals we are are trying to build relationships with, from the smallest to the biggest things, whenever they visit our campus or we visit theirs. We go down to small details like interviewing drivers who will drive them from San Francisco Airport to our campus.

The biggest thing for Providence this week will be whether they win or lose. A bunch of studies show home teams 3-5 points better in college basketball than a neutral court. One of the big reasons is that fans actually influence referees (sorry Rollo, but it has been shown refs want to please the home crowd) and teams respond to positive encouragement as well (Providence will not get the advantage of no travel, familiar arena, etc.). So we could help Providence win even if the home crowd support would be ever so slight. At my company, we would try to help influence even small things like this. Admittedly, this will be a very very small impact if any.

The other aspect is how they are treated in Dayton including fan support. Greg Marshall of Wichita State, his President, and AD all rave about their treatment at UD last year. When we want to schedule a home and home with them, little things like this matter. We want the Providence President, AD, and key donors to walk out with a great experience in Dayton, small, but a bunch of small memorable moments equal a good brand impression. I want Dayton to not only have a good, but actually leave a great brand impression on key decision makers who we are actively trying to influence.

Bunch of studies that show small memorable moments can help further long-term relationships, why wouldn't Dayton fans help create some of those small memorable moments for key decision makers at Providence? This is a no brainer for me. The President, AD, and donors of Providence are key decision-makers in our bid to get into the Big East. Why wouldn't Dayton and its fans do everything possible to give them a fantastic experience including a home crowd at UD Arena?!?!?!

Wow... that's a lot of typing. It just doesn't support your argument. There will be many small moments, good and bad. The way the crowd conducts itself is far more important than the rooting interest.

For the record, you may want to let the nice self congratulatory people of silicon valley know that most industries have actually figured out the concept of small moments, surprise and delight moments, etc as well. Actually, sports venues have been working on it for years. It's a lot easier to control the actions of one driver than it is a crowd.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:29 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Root against Providence and root lowd, so Providence knows just how passionate UD fans really are.

Let them know that UD's rabid fan base makes an insane atmosphere, one of the best in college BB, and is a great addition to any conference up to and including the ACC.
Yes, make the Friar fans so angry that they want to beat our butts two or even three times a year.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
Wow... that's a lot of typing. It just doesn't support your argument. There will be many small moments, good and bad. The way the crowd conducts itself is far more important than the rooting interest.

For the record, you may want to let the nice self congratulatory people of silicon valley know that most industries have actually figured out the concept of small moments, surprise and delight moments, etc as well. Actually, sports venues have been working on it for years. It's a lot easier to control the actions of one driver than it is a crowd.
My last note on this subject, we agree to disagree overall, but do agree on sports venues doing a good job on creating memorable moments.

I just think it costs Dayton fans nothing to root for Providence with all upside, don't know why we wouldn't do it.

But done with the thread now.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute

Creighton got into the Big East because their President was on the Board of Directors at Marquette or something similar to that. Not because their fans cheered for them. They play in a bigger TV market (slightly) and program that averages over 17k a game. Creighton also expanded the Big East footprint. The thing that hurt UD the most was their location. Too close to Xavier and Butler in the eye of the Big East. They are also a Jesuit school, which aligned more with the Big East.

As far as Gregg Marshall and Wichita St and the home and home, we did reach out and they turned us down. So how did that work out for us? UD can put on a good show and do a great job hosting Providence, but I can promise you, how our fans treat them will have absolutely no affect on this process. It didn't with Wichita St.

I get what you are trying to say, but we are just going to have to agree to disagree. If they do not already know our reputation of having great fans and a great place to play then those making decisions should not be. I won't be rooting for them because it will have no affect on us getting in, and I did not like the way their fans complained about us when we played in Columbus.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-13-2017), ruechalgrin (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Creighton got into the Big East because their President was on the Board of Directors at Marquette or something similar to that. Not because their fans cheered for them. They play in a bigger TV market (slightly) and program that averages over 17k a game. Creighton also expanded the Big East footprint. The thing that hurt UD the most was their location. Too close to Xavier and Butler in the eye of the Big East. They are also a Jesuit school, which aligned more with the Big East.

As far as Gregg Marshall and Wichita St and the home and home, we did reach out and they turned us down. So how did that work out for us? UD can put on a good show and do a great job hosting Providence, but I can promise you, how our fans treat them will have absolutely no affect on this process. It didn't with Wichita St.

I get what you are trying to say, but we are just going to have to agree to disagree. If they do not already know our reputation of having great fans and a great place to play then those making decisions should not be. I won't be rooting for them because it will have no affect on us getting in, and I did not like the way their fans complained about us when we played in Columbus.
We agree to disagree.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:27 PM
General of the Air Force

We agree to disagree.
That was four more words.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
This makes perfect sense. We should also all go register on the holy land board to tell them how much we love them.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:57 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post

The BE doesn't give a crap what we do for this game. It's about money. Period.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:10 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,682 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sheg View Post
Do it for any of a million reasons, but don't do it for the Big East. See, those decisions are made by sober, rational, grownup college presidents that couldn't give two ****s about fans' opinions.

That said, I think the administration at Xavier has rational reasons to desire that Dayton not be a member of the same conference, that those reasons have nothing to do with petty fans and rivalries, and that their fellow college presidents will respect their colleague's wishes in that regard.

Root for whomever you wish. I'll be rooting for Providence.
One other reason for me to root for Providence over USC: I think Don Donoher and Mullaney (the Providence coach "back in the day") got along fairly well. And any friend of Coach Donoher is a friend of mine.

Biggest reason for me to root for Providence is: they never spanked the Buckeyes in football that way USC did. Of course, they never played the Buckeyes in football, but that's beside the point - the "c0nd0ms" did.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:17 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I won't be rooting for Providence because Cooley was a whiny bee-otch the year we played them.
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-13-2017), C-time (03-13-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-15-2017), CT Flyer (03-14-2017), flyerfanatic86 (03-14-2017), Fudd (03-14-2017), Gazoo (03-14-2017), m21eagle45 (03-13-2017), TX Flyer (03-13-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Providence up big at half. UD probably buying Big East floor decals already!!
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClevelandFlyer05 (03-16-2017), CT Flyer (03-15-2017), Gazoo (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:07 AM
Captain

rasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to behold
Well USC came back from the dead so rooting for Providence didn't help.

Me? I was rooting for USC, why? 3 words: USC Song Girls
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rasta man For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (03-16-2017), NJFlyr71 (03-16-2017), rollo (03-16-2017), TX Flyer (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 AM

Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,763 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Crowd was very tame tonight. It appeared that Providence had more fans in attendance than they had in Columbus two years ago. Still not very large compared to other traveling fans groups that I have seen over the years.

The fans were just watching the game, not rooting for either side it seemed.

I am baffled. Did USC outplay Providence or did Providence just tank? I lean towards believing Providence blew it.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:49 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Crowd was very tame tonight. It appeared that Providence had more fans in attendance than they had in Columbus two years ago. Still not very large compared to other traveling fans groups that I have seen over the years.

I am baffled. Did USC outplay Providence or did Providence just tank? I lean towards believing Providence blew it.
Ed Cooley is their coach. They blew it.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
NJFlyr71 (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 07:43 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
My son and I were 5 rows off the floor, rooting HARD for USC. Was glad they pulled it out in the second half. Providence just went to sleep in the second half.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 08:05 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Count me in the corner of those pulling for USC. That was beautiful. Tired of the Big East attitude. We'll be just fine, this team has/will have building stand-alone value.

To hell with the Big East and it's teams.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TerryK_67 (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rasta man View Post
Well USC came back from the dead so rooting for Providence didn't help.

Me? I was rooting for USC, why? 3 words: USC Song Girls
Before i got past the second sentence i correctly predicted Rollo "thanked" the post.

Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Major General

Oh NO! Does this mean we don't get the invite to the BE?

At the half I thought for certain someone in the BE front office was already licking the stamp to put on the envelope!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Major General

I believe I know why the Friers lost last nite.

Ed Conley had prep'ed for the game against SMU!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Ed Cooley is their coach. They blew it.
Don't be silly.

Providence to Dayton = 808 miles
LA to Dayton = 2183 miles

It was practically a home game for USC...just ask Doug Gottlieb!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (03-16-2017), C-time (03-16-2017), NJFlyr71 (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 09:53 AM
General of the Air Force

All of you guys are ruining it for the rest of us. We know that the holy land of hoops has spys on here and will report back to the group, Dayton will never get in the big east now. I hope you are all proud of yourselves.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (03-16-2017), Fudd (03-16-2017), NJFlyr71 (03-16-2017), TerryK_67 (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,607 Times in 5,094 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post

It's hard to get excited about a middling NBE team.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
All of you guys are ruining it for the rest of us. We know that the holy land of hoops has spys on here and will report back to the group, Dayton will never get in the big east now. I hope you are all proud of yourselves.
As a proud baby boomer (BB) growing up in the 60's .... Yes I am proud of myself! As a group, us BB's ruined a lot of things.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Brigadier General

Enjoy the off season coach cooley. Oh, and you might want to stay away from the TV around 7pm Friday night, because the Dayton Flyers are playing a home game in a Dayton suburban area known as Indianapolis.

Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, it's all one big spot.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 03-16-2017 at 11:17 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-16-2017), San Diego Flyer (03-16-2017)