User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Does this change view of AM staying?

What looked to be a pretty good season ended up barely getting us a bid.
In a top conference this coaching job would have easily gotten his team in
Does this play into Archie's thinking when the teams from big conferences come calling?
If you were confident he was here for the long run does this change that?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-15-2015), moville (03-16-2015), ruechalgrin (03-16-2015)
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Captain

FlyerLiar has a spectacular aura aboutFlyerLiar has a spectacular aura about
That's an interesting angle. Makes sense. I was more hopeful on the side that it doesn't make AM look as good because he "barely got this team in". You have a better point, though. When IU gets in and UCLA with better seeds than us, it would have to make AM think.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Captain

Crunk Juice is a jewel in the roughCrunk Juice is a jewel in the roughCrunk Juice is a jewel in the rough
Not necessarily. We need to make a few runs to raise our national profile, then we can schedule better teams in the Non-conference. Xavier and Temple were regular NCAA teams from the A10, with Xavier getting top 4 seeds at least twice.

UD does need to find a way to balance the books without 10 non-conference home games against The Same Nowwhere states of the world.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
I don' t think so. IMO he will stay to see the class of sophs through graduation. After that all bets are off.

IMO the only thing that changes the equation is if the Flyers were to get in the NBE and IMO that is not going to happen ... ever.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-15-2015), Flyer 86 (03-15-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 08:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think it comes down to the make up of the individual. Some would obviously say it can't be done here at Dayton, while others might take it personally to prove them all wrong. I believe Archie is in that second group, but time will tell as there will certainly be jobs opening.

I remember AM stating that he felt they could do amazing things here at Dayton. And that he was in no hurry to go anywhere. He has a god thing here and knows it and is building his program and his resume; and it is not yet done.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:56 PM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
I think it comes down to the make up of the individual. Some would obviously say it can't be done here at Dayton, while others might take it personally to prove them all wrong. I believe Archie is in that second group, but time will tell as there will certainly be jobs opening.

I remember AM stating that he felt they could do amazing things here at Dayton. And that he was in no hurry to go anywhere. He has a god thing here and knows it and is building his program and his resume; and it is not yet done.
if Archie really believes the TrueTeam motto I can't see him bailing on the soph class unless he gets offered a dream job (Pitt? NCSU?)
Old 03-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think it makes one iota of a difference. AM has already proven himself. He will be offered every job in the country outside of the top 10 blue chip positions, and he might even get a call on some of those. Nothing more for him to prove. He will leave if he wants to.

If he likes Dayton and believes he can win, there's no reason to ever go anywhere (though he might if he has NC State or Pitt in mind as a dream job). He can stay and be king of the world. If he feels he has hit his ceiling at Dayton, or if they don't like the area, they'll leave when they find a place they like better and feel like they can stay at for a while.

What he won't be doing is taking a middle of the road BCS place that spits out its coach every five years. He won't have to.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-15-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
I don't think it makes one iota of a difference. AM has already proven himself. He will be offered every job in the country outside of the top 10 blue chip positions, and he might even get a call on some of those. Nothing more for him to prove. He will leave if he wants to.

If he likes Dayton and believes he can win, there's no reason to ever go anywhere (though he might if he has NC State or Pitt in mind as a dream job). He can stay and be king of the world. If he feels he has hit his ceiling at Dayton, or if they don't like the area, they'll leave when they find a place they like better and feel like they can stay at for a while.

What he won't be doing is taking a middle of the road BCS place that spits out its coach every five years. He won't have to.
After what I witnessed tonight from the selection committee it wouldn't surprise me to wake up to this lead story in DDN tomorrow

"Archie Miller to take WSU job starting immediately"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Could not be more tired of this incessant topic. Anyone think he's going to DePaul, GT, UAB? N me either. So where? There are very few attractive opportunities for AM because the good school's coaches stay. There may not be any A type opportunities at all this year. In most years there are rarely more than a couple, and the top of the food chain schools get a Roy Williams type and for all the good spots the competition will be severe. Archie's time may come but it is unlikely to happen soon.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 PM
Lieutenant General

NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07
Could not be more tired of this incessant topic. Anyone think he's going to DePaul, GT, UAB? N me either. So where?
I wasn't thinking this year - I'm thinking a few years down the road when an attractive offer does come up. I was firmly in the camp that he would be here for the long run but a very good job not in one of the top conferences doesn't guarantee a bid but you can mediocre in a top conference and get in - wondering if that may change his view
Old 03-16-2015, 01:23 AM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
Man, are we all red headed step children on this board or what ??? Archie may leave, but it's not gonna be because we got an 11 seed this year. If he does it will be because we got an 11 seed and he got us back to the Elite 8 or better and some school decides to sell a kidney to get him.

The grass isn't always greener, ask OP and BG.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:40 AM

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think this changes things regarding AM, but I think the approach to scheduling has to be evaluated. I mean crap, we only had 8 losses, and we BARELY made it.

I'm still breathing a sigh of relief that they got in.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:49 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ScottyExpress
Archie may leave, but it's not gonna be because we got an 11 seed this year. If he does it will be because we got an 11 seed and he got us back to the Elite 8 or better and some school decides to sell a kidney to get him.

The grass isn't always greener, ask OP and BG.
The grass isn't greener if you go to a recent bottom feeder with little hope for advancement but it may be greener if you're can find a middle of the pack program where 20 wins gets you in easy while at UD 25 wins gets you the last spot.

Archie thinks we can win big here and I agree but if the committee is going to compare resumes and then easily let in the IUs and UCLAs while nearly keep UD out - then it doesn't matter what AM or us think - we don't hand out the bids
Old 03-16-2015, 04:41 AM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
With VCU winning, and Davidson not beating La Salle by a single point, if we don't make the finals in two squeakers, the A10 gets the AUTOMATIC only and ZERO bids.
If Dayton does not dominate next two years it changes the equation absolutely.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:15 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by forego1 View Post
With VCU winning, and Davidson not beating La Salle by a single point, if we don't make the finals in two squeakers, the A10 gets the AUTOMATIC only and ZERO bids.
If Dayton does not dominate next two years it changes the equation absolutely.
The NCAA is satisfying Coach K for his comments last year on A 10 s six bids,that he *****ed about