User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 01:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Greatest Moments in UD Basketball History

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RglGyOVlDc

If this has been posted before my apologies but I don't recall ever seeing this. A little birdie dropped this in my In Box and thought it was worth sharing.

Weird seeing courts without the extra 3 point lines.

cj
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-06-2013), Bonziflyer (11-06-2013), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-06-2013), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-06-2013), Mich Flyer (11-06-2013), rmdflyers (11-06-2013), The Gem (11-06-2013), Townie (11-06-2013), UACFlyer (11-06-2013), westchesterflyer (11-06-2013), XeniaTom (11-07-2013)
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,605 Times in 2,850 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic!

Really fantastic!

Towards the end of the clip for a few seconds you see Georgetown's Patrick Ewing walking up court and then blocking a shot. I presume that was in the `84 or `85 Dance in which the Flyers were eliminated by GU.....followed, I guess, by Villanova's miracle win over GU to win the national title.

If GU had played VU a hundred times that year, GU would have won 99 of the games. Unfortunately for GU, the one loss was the one that mattered.

I have had season TX for games at a better-than-good program over the last ~ 25 years...and I've seen some pretty good players. But, I have never seen a player like Patrick Ewing. He dominated the game and forced opponents to change the way they played.

Back to the Flyers...to see the names of the schools/programs we defeated in the "old days" is amazing...almost unbelievable.

Fantastic!
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Major

Gem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant future
The Georgetown game was 1984. Georgetown won the national title that year. They lost to Villanova the following year in the 1985 final. I believe they are still the highest seed team to ever win a national title. UD took that 1985 Villanova team into overtime in the first round of the 1985 tournament which was played at UD Arena. We almost stopped that miracle run in the first round.

We lost to Georgetown in the elite eight in 1984. That was quite the run UD put together. They beat LSU, Oklahoma, and Washington. The 1984 team is my all time favorite Flyer team. (Larry Schellenburger, Sedric Toney, Chapman, Dan Cristie, Goodwin, Jeff Zern, Ed Young) Donoher did not go to the bench much in those days. We were 6 maybe 7 deep if you include Zern. Chapman almost single handily beat Oklahoma and Wayman Tisdale. I think he had 30 points that night. By the way, if Ed Young doesn't hit the "shot" to beat DePaul we don't make the 1984 tournament.

Anyway, my favorite UD basketball moments.

1. UD vs Xavier game in 1995 or 1996. Down 12 points with 2 minutes to go and came back to win. RODNEY HORTIN FOR THREE....

2. The first Maui tournament with wins over #16 UConn and # 3 Maryland

3. The win over # 12 Kentucky at US Bank Arena. Maybe the most satisfying win ever because I sat in a UK section.

4. Beating UC at UC in the NIT.

5. Taking down Marquette and Dwayne Wade at home.

6. Killing a ranked Pitt at home by 30 points

7. Beating Louisville at US Bank Arena

8. Winning the A-10 title against Jameer Nelson and St. Joe

9. The NIT championship win against UNC

10. Our only win in the Great Midwest Conference. Beating the #16 ranked Saint Louis team thanks to an 8 for 8 three point effort from freshman Shawn Haghn

Last edited by Gem City; 11-06-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Mad Props to Gem City For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,290 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Really fantastic!

Towards the end of the clip for a few seconds you see Georgetown's Patrick Ewing walking up court and then blocking a shot. I presume that was in the `84 or `85 Dance in which the Flyers were eliminated by GU.....followed, I guess, by Villanova's miracle win over GU to win the national title.

If GU had played VU a hundred times that year, GU would have won 99 of the games. Unfortunately for GU, the one loss was the one that mattered.

I have had season TX for games at a better-than-good program over the last ~ 25 years...and I've seen some pretty good players. But, I have never seen a player like Patrick Ewing. He dominated the game and forced opponents to change the way they played.

Back to the Flyers...to see the names of the schools/programs we defeated in the "old days" is amazing...almost unbelievable.

Fantastic!
Lew Alcindor was a cultural change for college basketball. The 1967 NCAA finals against Lew and the Bruins has to be the high point of our program.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Major

westchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to all
My personal favorite is the 1974 game vs. (then #2) Notre Dame at the arena. A great win!

The party was just getting going at the game. The Ghetto was ablaze!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to westchesterflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChampCar (11-07-2013), Glen Clark (11-06-2013), SeasonTicketFan (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 05:19 PM

Thanked 10,187 Times in 5,911 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gem City View Post
The Georgetown game was 1984. Georgetown won the national title that year. They lost to Villanova the following year in the 1985 final. I believe they are still the highest seed team to ever win a national title. UD took that 1985 Villanova team into overtime in the first round of the 1985 tournament which was played at UD Arena. We almost stopped that miracle run in the first round.

We lost to Georgetown in the elite eight in 1984. That was quite the run UD put together. They beat LSU, Oklahoma, and Washington. The 1984 team is my all time favorite Flyer team. (Larry Schellenburger, Sedric Toney, Chapman, Dan Cristie, Goodwin, Jeff Zern, Ed Young) Donoher did not go to the bench much in those days. We were 6 maybe 7 deep if you include Zern. Chapman almost single handily beat Oklahoma and Wayman Tisdale. I think he had 30 points that night. By the way, if Ed Young doesn't hit the "shot" to beat DePaul we don't make the 1984 tournament.
I think it was more like 41 that Rosie had against Tisdale.

Didn't we lose to the eventual champs 3 years in a row: Villinova, Georgetown and ??
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-06-2013), Viperstick (11-07-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM

Thanked 2,437 Times in 835 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
That was the same Notre Dame team that a few weeks before ended UCLA's 88-game winning streak.
Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Don Smith burning Loyola for 52 points at the old Chicago Stadium. Feb 1973. I was there.

http://collegehoopedia.com/schools/dayton
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bobber For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (11-07-2013), Flyer 86 (11-06-2013), SeasonTicketFan (11-07-2013), springborofan (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
I think it was more like 41 that Rosie had against Tisdale.

Didn't we lose to the eventual champs 3 years in a row: Villinova, Georgetown and ??
You can watch Rosie against the Sooners at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-O9UcvSp-Q

No on the ??. It was only two years in a row. We lost to Georgetown in 84 and Villanova in 85. No postseason in 83 and we lost to McNeese St. in the NIT in 86.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-06-2013), jack72 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Brigadier General

jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
My personal favorite was when the Flyers beat Cedarville 80-0 in 1906.

I wasn't there...

Last edited by jumpin' joe; 11-07-2013 at 10:10 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (11-06-2013), Buster Goode (11-07-2013), Flyer 86 (11-06-2013), FlyingArrow (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Major

Gem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant future
We lost to eventual NCAA champions UCLA in 1974 and 1967! The start and end of the 8UCLA titles.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:00 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
We lost to eventual NCAA champions UCLA in 1974 and 1967! The start and end of the 8UCLA titles.
North Carolina State won the title in 1974, UCLA in 1975. From 1964 to 1975 UCLA had 10 titles in 12 years. They had 7 in a row from 1967 to 1973. Lew Alcindor was a freshman in 1966 when Texas Western won. Many thought UCLA would have won it that year had freshmen been eligible. Also, the 1985 Villanova game in the NCAA did not go into OT. Villanova won 51-49 in regulation.

Last edited by longtimefan; 11-06-2013 at 07:06 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,947 Times in 2,944 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by westchesterflyer View Post
My personal favorite is the 1974 game vs. (then #2) Notre Dame at the arena. A great win!
I was seated up in the 400s in the last row in the Arena for that one. The Arena was actually vibrating! It was the loudest UD game I ever attended...until the Pitt game a few years back.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-06-2013), SeasonTicketFan (11-07-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
It was 41 points. Watched em all in the Fieldhouse with a few hundred other fans in a truly miraculous game. Dan Christie was big with free throwsand Damon G also had some key baskets. Pretty sure we led the entire game.

Very magic 4 game run that year. Watched LSU AND WASHINGTON from Founders Hall.
Georgetown led final game five to 8 points most of the game. We struggled offensively that game. Couldnt handle their height and agressiveness. Very physical G'town team!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 PM
2nd Lieutenant

pkd149 has a spectacular aura aboutpkd149 has a spectacular aura aboutpkd149 has a spectacular aura about

8. Winning the A-10 title against Jameer Nelson and St. Joe
We beat Temple in the final, not Nelson/SJU. Xavier blew out SJU in the quarters and then Temple took out x in the semi's.
Mad Props to pkd149 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Viperstick (11-07-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,754 Times in 796 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
It was 41 points. Watched em all in the Fieldhouse with a few hundred other fans in a truly miraculous game. Dan Christie was big with free throws and Damon G also had some key baskets. Pretty sure we led the entire game.

Very magic 4 game run that year. Watched LSU AND WASHINGTON from Founders Hall.
Georgetown led final game five to 8 points most of the game. We struggled offensively that game. Couldnt handle their height and agressiveness. Very physical G'town team!
Goodwin set the consecutive FT mark during the run - something like 37 straight.

While we only lost to champs 2 in a row not 3, we did lose by the least to the champs both years. Our next tourney in 90, we lost to AK by just two in the 2nd round without Norm Grevey who was taken out by Illinois in round 1. Another reason not to like the Illini. AK lost in semis to Duke who later lost to UNLV.

Georgetown was not too bad a team to struggle against - KY and their twin towers struggled mightily too. Ed Young was our 6' 7" center in that game after his serious knee injury a year or two earlier. It was an amazing run to say the least.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Georgetown was not too bad a team to struggle against - KY and their twin towers struggled mightily too. Ed Young was our 6' 7" center in that game after his serious knee injury a year or two earlier. It was an amazing run to say the least. Posted via Mobile Device
I believe Young missed the 84-85 season with his injury.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Viperstick (11-07-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 11:32 PM
General

Thanked 4,540 Times in 2,057 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
I was seated up in the 400s in the last row in the Arena for that one. The Arena was actually vibrating! It was the loudest UD game I ever attended...until the Pitt game a few years back.

I was seated at the Moonlight Bar on Brown Street, watching an analog feed on a cathode ray tube

More and more people gathered around as the Flyer lead kept growing, and then . . . I think there was a really big party.

That win put UD in the Dance, setting up the triple overtime game against Bill Walton and the Bruins.

westchesterflyer (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold

That was the first game I ever saw at UD Arena. My Dad and I had seats in the very top row in the corner. The arena was rocking like nothing I'd ever heard - or felt - since growing up on high school basketball in Indiana. Donald Smith was unstoppable. Johnny Davis was blindingly fast. That one day made me a UD Flyer.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ChampCar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (11-07-2013), SeasonTicketFan (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 01:14 AM
General

Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,270 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Not mentioned yet, but the 2002 82-80 win over Villanova was epically satisfying.
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumpin' joe View Post
My personal favorite is when the Flyers beat Cedarville 80-0 in 1906.

I wasn't there...
Why not?
Mad Props to bobber For This Totally Excellent Post:
jumpin' joe (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Major

udflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marysville flyer View Post
our next tourney in 90, we lost to ak by just two in the 2nd round without norm grevey who was taken out by illinois in round 1. Another reason not to like the illini.
posted via mobile device

freakin steven bardo!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

joeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Goodwin set the consecutive FT mark during the run - something like 37 straight.

While we only lost to champs 2 in a row not 3, we did lose by the least to the champs both years.
Actually, Georgetown squeaked by their first opponent in '84 in the 2nd round. They barely beat SMU(37-36). Never forget that game, Ewing got posterized by a 7 footer named Jon Koncak. Houston played them pretty tough in the Finals as well, losing 84-75 as Ewing went up against Akeem Olajuwon.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
The Grevey Mugging is hard to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMjtVPfn-g
And the guy just got another promotion to be on ESPN

I always found it curious that Norm Grevey was so obsessed with St Patrick’s Day on the Flyer Feedback show. I noticed on that YouTube video that his season ending injury happened on the eve of St Patrick’s Day…………………

I stand corrected.... "season ending" not "career ending". Thanks Jumpin Joe...

Last edited by TerryK_67; 11-07-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
That was tough to watch. I obviously can't say for sure but I think we would have beat Arkansas the next game had Grevey been able to play. Definite cheap shot by Bardo. Probably frustration from the Flyers beating the mighty Illlini.

How about Robertson coming in as the freshman and nailing the 2 free throws. He was the best defensive player I have ever seen play in a Flyer uniform. Quickest hands ever.
Mad Props to number21 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
The Grevey Mugging is hard to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMjtVPfn-g
And the guy just got another promotion to be on ESPN

I always found it curious that Norm Grevey was so obsessed with St Patrick’s Day on the Flyer Feedback show. I noticed on that YouTube video that his career ending injury happened on the eve of St Patrick’s Day…………………
That injury didn't end Grevey's career. He played the following year and was the Flyers second leading scorer (12.6 a game) despite not starting. Chip Jones and Derrick Dukes were the starting guards. Alex Robertson played the 3 spot.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:28 AM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Seems as a few of us were up in the 400 section for the big Notre Dame win. It was so loud that I could not hear the person next to me.

The students rolled out the old huge victory bell on to the floor and began to ring it.

It was quite a game with amazing players on both sides.