User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 05:39 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Ticket to Dance? Not yet.

We need 2 more wins. Either both in the regular season or 1 in regular season and 1 in Brooklyn. I certainly cannot just chalk up a win at home against RI or road win against La Salle. RI could now be a home trap game because of the enormity of today's game. I have a feeling though that it will a come together because the beast, #25, was chomping at the bit due to having to watch the last 5 minutes sitting down. He's going to be special on Tuesday.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Pronto (02-28-2015), ud2 (03-01-2015)
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
Getting a ticket to the Dance is huge, but I REALLY want to hang an A10 Regular Season Championship and A10 Tourney Championship banner in the Arena next year. Lets just win it all

BTW, who was the last A10 team to do that?
Old 02-28-2015, 05:59 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScottyExpress View Post
Getting a ticket to the Dance is huge, but I REALLY want to hang an A10 Regular Season Championship and A10 Tourney Championship banner in the Arena next year. Lets just win it all

See, I don't see that happening because I think the A10 will do everything in their power to keep it from happening. It's financially and prestigiously better to have a team get in only by winning the tourny. Other conferences do the same. Refs will keep it from happening.

Not only that, but teams that already have their tickets punched, usually just can't compete mentally with teams that have to win to get in.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:41 PM
Major

Iguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ScottyExpress View Post

I think it was SLU in 2013.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
What ticket are you talking about? There's no ticket. No card to punch.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:10 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Cbusflyer07 has a spectacular aura aboutCbusflyer07 has a spectacular aura aboutCbusflyer07 has a spectacular aura about
As I've said, right now, I'm just focused on making sure we have one of the top four seeds in the in the a10 tournament. hey Wayne on Tuesday should solidify that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2015, 10:22 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura aboutUDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura aboutUDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
We need 2 more wins. Either both in the regular season or 1 in regular season and 1 in Brooklyn. I certainly cannot just chalk up a win at home against RI or road win against La Salle. RI could now be a home trap game because of the enormity of today's game. I have a feeling though that it will a come together because the beast, #25, was chomping at the bit due to having to watch the last 5 minutes sitting down. He's going to be special on Tuesday.
This may be the most ignorant put together statement I've ever read. Lunardi himself said we're in if we beat VCU today. Another thing... How in the world is RI on Tuesday a trap game?! It's for the A10 lead. Trap games are always bad teams, not one of the top teams in the conference. This post needs to be deleted for the ignorance alone.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGRIZZ2010 For This Totally Excellent Post:
camo6 (03-01-2015), FlightClub.33.32.15.1 (03-01-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 10:41 PM
General

Originally Posted by UDGRIZZ2010 View Post
This may be the most ignorant put together statement I've ever read. Lunardi himself said we're in if we beat VCU today. Another thing... How in the world is RI on Tuesday a trap game?! It's for the A10 lead. Trap games are always bad teams, not one of the top teams in the conference. This post needs to be deleted for the ignorance alone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Let me put it this way for you moron. If we lose the next 3 games we're probably out. The Flyers have a 20 game home winning streak and are expected to win their home games no matter who they are playing. They just got finished winning a hard, emotional game against the top ranked team they've beat on the road. Emotional letdowns can happen, especially for a team that has to be somewhat wearing down.

And since when does Lunardi guarantee spots in the dance to teams that aren't top 25, and have at least 3 games left? The only thing that needs deleted around here is you and **** poor attitude. Have a nice day.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:47 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura aboutUDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura aboutUDGRIZZ2010 has a spectacular aura about
Let me put it this way for you moron. If we lose the next 3 games we're probably out. The Flyers have a 20 game home winning streak and are expected to win their home games no matter who they are playing. They just got finished winning a hard, emotional game against the top ranked team they've beat on the road. Emotional letdowns can happen, especially for a team that has to be somewhat wearing down.

And since when does Lunardi guarantee spots in the dance to teams that aren't top 25, and have at least 3 games left? The only thing that needs deleted around here is you and **** poor attitude. Have a nice day.
Obviously you didn't watch the game because clear as day he said, if Dayton wins today, they're in the tournament. I know games can be emotional and all that but still doesn't make the RI game a trap game. No reason for name calling because someone challenged your opinion by the way. We're in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2015, 10:50 PM
General

Obviously you didn't watch the game because clear as day he said, if Dayton wins today, they're in the tournament. I know games can be emotional and all that but still doesn't make the RI game a trap game. No reason for name calling because someone challenged your opinion by the way. We're in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh, I see your problem, you think that Lunardi decides who goes to the tournament. Sorry to tell you, there is a whole committee for that.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:53 PM
1st Lieutenant

Well, since his percentages are off the charts with teams making the tournament, I would listen to him a lot more than some guy who knows nothing about bracketology.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2015, 10:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
He must have slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-01-2015), Figgie123 (03-01-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 11:03 PM
General

Well, since his percentages are off the charts with teams making the tournament, I would listen to him a lot more than some guy who knows nothing about bracketology.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, what you don't understand is that Lunardi doesn't figure we're going to lose the next two games plus our first game in Brooklyn. Ask him if we're still in if we do. That's why there are 3 games left at least, nothing is certain, especially a non ranked team getting to the dance.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (03-01-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 11:05 PM
General

Thanked 4,344 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, lunardi is just kind of average, but you both have valid points. If you're overlooking a team that shares first with you on senior night, you have bigger issues, Rhoda won't be overlooked.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:08 PM
1st Lieutenant

That's more what I was centering around anyway. I feel comfortable with Lunardi telling us we're in though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
I think we should all feel more comfortable with another win or two. This game was huge, but obviously not an NCAA tourney ticket.
Just beat RI!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
That's more what I was centering around anyway. I feel comfortable with Lunardi telling us we're in though.
Posted via Mobile Device
When they interviewed Lunardi he made it clear when he says a team is in or our it's as of this moment and is not a prediction of the bracket on Selection Sunday.

Also, according to bracketmatrix Joe is only the 44th most accurate bracketologist!
http://bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html
Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 03:15 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that we need to win at least one more game and maybe two. The comment about punching a ticket probably should have read something like "barring any upsets UD just punched their ticket". And let's not forget how tournaments have upset winners which will eliminate some spots.

We have almost zero chance of winning the A10 tournament even with a bye. Playing three games in four days would almost certainly affect our three point shooting.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,088 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I know your intent is to quantify the effort to get in to the "dance" but I also know that Archie is not saying:

"OK guys all we have to do is take 1 of 2 regular season games and we're in!"

So I say whatever Archie says!
Old 03-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
.....put it this way for you moron.......poor attitude. Have a nice day.

lose next 3 games we're probably out YEP

Smitty10, is this you on one of yourdays?
Old 03-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
DON'T worry though.
Does not matter if I am an atheist, I can tell Jesus to help if need be.

Did you know Jesus does not like basketball too much?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by forego1 View Post
Did you know Jesus does not like basketball too much?
Perhaps He's busy working on hitting curve balls.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-01-2015), forego1 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
Perhaps He's busy working on hitting curve balls.
Laughing, because you mention curve balls. He told me he can make a basketball shot curve so it goes in the hoop, lol.

Is it real or is it memorex?
Old 03-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
What we have here is failure to communicate, but frankly I don't give a ****.
You're both out of line, this thread is out of line and I'm just not going to take it anymore!
Meanwhile, go Flyers!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
We are in , you just beat a top 25 team on the road, yes I want to win more games for a better seed too
Old 03-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Id like to get up to a 5 or 6 so we get lined up with a 4 or 3. Win out and Finals of A-10 should do it.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:53 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Lunardi gets credit for being the first bracketologist, not the best (and by a significant margin). If we lose our next three, getting into the dance is far from certain. More likely, we will be on the wrong side of the bubble.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Happy

Can we just all be happy about this unbelievable run and drop the name calling?

We're all Flyers!!!!

Wear RED! Be LOUD!!!!

btw - yesterday did lock us barring a A10 tourney loss to a rpi 100+ team. All about titles and seeding.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:17 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD90 View Post
Can we just all be happy about this unbelievable run and drop the name calling?

We're all Flyers!!!!

Wear RED! Be LOUD!!!!

btw - yesterday did lock us barring a A10 tourney loss to a rpi 100+ team. All about titles and seeding.
I hope you are right, but I can't see us getting in with an RPI in the mid 50s, which is where we will be if we go 0-3 the rest of the way.

Winning the A10 regular season championship is within reach. I hope the team is more focused on that than on backing our way into the big dance. With only a few games left, we could wind up anywhere between missing the dance by a hair, or being a 4-5 seed if we win the A10 tournament! Put on your seatbelt, and let's enjoy the ride.
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-01-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 07:08 PM
General

Posted via Mobile Device
3 wins since we last chatted and are the last team in the tourny. If it seems I'm patting myself on the back, kind of, though I thought that might happen with 2 wins, not 3.