UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,043 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
UAC, please read this recent article. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...int-trump.html
If the political elites (who have failed repeatedly) are screaming that’s a good sign. I remember when they said the same thing about Reagan.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-11-2018)
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,543 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Web of elite Russians met with NRA execs during 2016 campaign:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/latest-ne...212756749.html

The contacts have emerged amid a deepening Justice Department investigation into whether Russian banker and lifetime NRA member Alexander Torshin illegally channeled money through the gun rights group to add financial firepower to Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential bid.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,558 Times in 3,156 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
You always want your opponents off balance and wondering what will come next. A comfortable opponent is a confident, secure one. Trump is a master negotiator, as he put the Canadian youngster on his heels and will do the same with Kim.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:04 PM

Thanked 3,726 Times in 2,256 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Aimed at Kim

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
You always want your opponents off balance and wondering what will come next. A comfortable opponent is a confident, secure one. Trump is a master negotiator, as he put the Canadian youngster on his heels and will do the same with Kim.
I just heard a pundit on Fox say he thought the blast at Trudeau was really for Kim's benefit, i.e., if Trump deals with close friends like that how is going to go after adversaries.....something like that.

Three U.S. presidents have treated NK the same way for over 20 years with the same result. I support a changed approach 100%....an insistence on immediate denuclearization, or else,...no gradualism. If President Trump succeeds with that approach I will plant a Trump flag in my yard and start wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. It's time for hard ball.
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (06-11-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Well put another big check mark on the Trump achievement list, as he has started the the big ball, called NK, moving down the main road.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Major General

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Well put another big check mark on the Trump achievement list, as he has started the the big ball, called NK, moving down the main road.
Yes, and liberal heads are exploding today.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:11 AM

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,714 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
I just heard a pundit on Fox say he thought the blast at Trudeau was really for Kim's benefit, i.e., if Trump deals with close friends like that how is going to go after adversaries.....something like that.
Years ago when Sparky Anderson was a first or second year manager for the Reds he had a problem with some of the players and how they were performing. He had a private sit down with Pete Rose who at the time was the face of the Reds. Sparky was discussing some of the problems and Pete told Sparky that the next time they were all together as a group for Sparky to call him out for his performance. Pete understood that if Sparky had the gonads to call him out the other stars on the team would fall in line, which they did. I hope I remember that correctly.

Who is to say Trump didn't let Trudeau know what he was going to do by calling him out and Trudeau was to play along?
Old 06-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,628 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Yes, and liberal heads are exploding today.
I had to go over to CNN's website to see what the latest fake news was. There was an opinion columnist there who claimed any agreement with NK could not be as good as the Iran deal.

This is CNN!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-12-2018), Monster Man (06-12-2018), rollo (06-12-2018), Showme Flyer (06-12-2018), ud2 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Staff Writer

Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Trump says he trusts Kim Jong Un. And if he's wrong?

"I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong,'" said Trump, before adding, "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1006472796837433347
Old 06-12-2018, 02:02 PM

UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post

"I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong,'" said Trump, before adding, "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

That's surely a greater degree of candor than we've ever heard from Clinton/Bush/Obama.

The important thing is that we give them nothing without something significant and measurable in return.

Last edited by UACFlyer; 06-12-2018 at 02:34 PM..
jack72 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 PM

Thanked 6,858 Times in 2,932 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute

What are we out by him publicly stating he trusts him?

You guys are delusional. You cry when leaders use "hurtful" words to describe undesirable world leaders...yet Barry did the same. Now you cry when they have pleasant exchanges...

Guess what..say he is wrong...it's not like he gave truckloads of cash to Iran or anything.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:46 PM

Some less than intelligents were discussing on CNN how NK got a lot more out of this than the USA, since they got great publicity on the world stage. Morons! Like the USA didn't get great pub, and a minor point, we are on a road to nuclear disarm them.

It is hard to decide whether some of the mainstream media are stupid or just hateful, or both.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:48 PM

BTW Dennis Rodman does not look so stupid or crazy on this one! Kudos to him.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:38 PM

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
The Trump doctrine:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...america-*****/

We're America, B!tch.

Last edited by cj; 06-12-2018 at 03:41 PM..
Old 06-12-2018, 03:40 PM

Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
What are we out by him publicly stating he trusts him?

You guys are delusional. You cry when leaders use "hurtful" words to describe undesirable world leaders...yet Barry did the same. Now you cry when they have pleasant exchanges...

Guess what..say he is wrong...it's not like he gave truckloads of cash to Iran or anything.
There has been a comical string of criticisms from "Resist" movement people throughout this whole process. It does not matter what his position is, they oppose it.

Bill Maher opposes the financial success of the country if it means more Trump.

TDS. (Trump Derangement Syndrome). It started on November 8th, 2016. On that day, a lot of people lost their **** minds and have not recovered yet.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:53 PM

Thanked 3,237 Times in 2,135 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The Trump doctrine:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...america-*****/

We're America, B!tch.

Who is the woman sitting next to Trump? A translator?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:24 PM

Yes

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Who is the woman sitting next to Trump? A translator?
A State Dept Translator
ud2 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 06:50 PM

A State Dept Translator
I'm waiting for Swampy to link her to the Russians...…….
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-13-2018), shocka43 (06-12-2018), ud2 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 10:07 PM

Thanked 6,858 Times in 2,932 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I'm waiting for Swampy to link her to the Russians...…….
He's too busy sulking.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:28 AM

Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,047 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
OH NO!!! DJT just accomplished what did what BHO longed to be able to do...secure the World Cup for the USA (along with Canada and Mexico.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/u-s-canada-...105218462.html

I thought Trump was a pariah on the World Stage and we were hated and despised...what happened? Naturally, he'll get no credit at all. Heck, this may spark another investigation of "the emoluments clause" if a Trump property may make some money out of it.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bat'71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (06-13-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (06-13-2018), jack72 (06-13-2018), TA111 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:37 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 4,676 Times in 1,850 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bat'71 View Post
. Heck, this may spark another investigation of "the emoluments clause" if a Trump property may make some money out of it.
Please, Do not be a swampy
Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 AM

The Annual Report to Congress on White House Staffing came out a few days ago. President Trump spent $5.1 million less on an annual basis than President Obama. Just one example, Melania has 5 staff, and Michelle had 24. That is staff only, I am sure there are millions saved indirectly.

Of course Donald is getting much less done. Like less regulations.

Then there is the $400,000 salary the current President is not taking.
TA111 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bat'71 View Post
OH NO!!! DJT just accomplished what did what BHO longed to be able to do...secure the World Cup for the USA (along with Canada and Mexico.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/u-s-canada-...105218462.html

I thought Trump was a pariah on the World Stage and we were hated and despised...what happened? Naturally, he'll get no credit at all. Heck, this may spark another investigation of "the emoluments clause" if a Trump property may make some money out of it.
Not to mention his success in helping to host the Olympics in 2028.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:10 AM

Even the liberal USA Today gives Trump a bunch of credit in landing the World Cup and Olympics.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...usa/697199002/
Old 06-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Staff Writer

The President of the United States reportedly considering construction of a prison camp to hold up to 5,000 children:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...213026379.html
Old 06-13-2018, 12:06 PM

Prison camp, really, that is what you got out of that article?! TDS! get some meds.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:11 PM

The President of the United States reportedly considering construction of a prison camp to hold up to 5,000 children:

Are you sure they will not be linked together in chain gangs to work on the highway system?
Old 06-13-2018, 12:22 PM
Lieutenant General

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute

So tell us, what should be done with the kids? Let them roam the streets on their own?
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:22 PM
Lieutenant General

Are you sure they will not be linked together in chain gangs to work on the highway system?
Do not forget they can build the wall too. Standing on the south side of course
Old 06-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Major General

Even the liberal USA Today gives Trump a bunch of credit in landing the World Cup and Olympics.
This article shows how liberals are pretty much wrong about everything that has happened internationally. I give the author credit for eating crow and admitting his error. Now only if the rest on the left would do the same.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:15 PM

Thanked 11,086 Times in 4,985 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute

Prison camp, really, that is what you got out of that article?! TDS! get some meds.
Those 5000 kids would be better off than the American kids stuck is crappy government prisons...errr, I mean government schools.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:24 PM
Major General

From the article- Trump-2 Obama-0. Pretty much sums it all up.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM

The President is considering erecting a mental hospital to hold up to 5,000 liberals.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-13-2018), Fudd (06-13-2018), Monster Man (06-13-2018), TA111 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Lieutenant General

The President is considering erecting a mental hospital to hold up to 50,000,000 liberals.
Fixed it for you Jack, your math was a bit off
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-13-2018), Monster Man (06-13-2018), rollo (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 03:20 PM

Send them all to California and put a wall around it.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:27 PM

Send them all to California and put a wall around it.
Great idea. It would save money because 8,000,000 are already there.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:03 PM

Perfect, they can work on the "shovel ready jobs!"
Old 06-13-2018, 10:29 PM

It is "IG Report Eve ." Tomorrow will be interesting. Someone is hoping they find major dirt on Scott Pruitt .
Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 AM
Staff Writer

Sarah Sanders, Raj Shah planning to depart the White House:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sarah-s...e-white-house/
Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 AM

That would be too bad, as Sarah Sanders is an A++ at her job. It has to be hard raising three kids and working that kind of job. Obama's Press Secretaries were terrible, as was Spicer.

However, she is denying it.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...he-white-house
"After CBS published its report, Fox News reported it had learned both Sanders and Shah "are weighing future options." It pointed out that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be leaving the White House."
Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Staff Writer

Ben Wittes with questions that should be answered today in the IG report:

Does the IG provide any reason to believe that the Clinton email investigation was not conducted in good faith?

Does the IG offer any reason to believe that the investigation’s judgements were influenced in any direction by politics?

Does the IG offer any reason to believe the fundamental judgment not to prosecute Hillary Clinton (or anyone else) was in error?

Does the IG offer any reason to believe that any senior official in the FBI engaged in any misconduct or abuse?

Assuming that the IG will criticize Comey's’s judgments in July and October 2016 regarding his two fateful public steps in the case, what does the report add to our understanding of his actions?

And how does he evaluate the behavior of both Loretta Lynch and Sally Yates?

Does he find any misconduct by Peter Strzok and Lisa Page? Or have the names of these two career officials been dragged through the fever swamp mud for months for nothing more than bad judgment in expressing private views to one another?
Old 06-14-2018, 10:58 AM
Staff Writer

New York State Attorney General Underwood Announces Lawsuit Against Donald J. Trump Foundation And Its Board Of Directors For Extensive And Persistent Violations Of State And Federal Law:

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/atto...&ICID=ref_fark
Old 06-14-2018, 11:04 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,420 Times in 702 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
More Abuse of the Legal System

by liberals with authority that have lost their minds. This will go nowhere.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:02 PM
Staff Writer

Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
by liberals with authority that have lost their minds. This will go nowhere.
Oh really?

Sam Stein
‏@samstein

Donald Trump personally directed his Foundation funds to be used to settle a lawsuit related to Mar A Lago. Here is the receipt

Old 06-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Staff Writer

New York Attorney General
‏@NewYorkStateAG

In violation of state and federal law, senior Trump campaign staff, including Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, dictated the timing, amounts, and recipients of grants by the Foundation to non-profits.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Staff Writer

Trump Foundation Treasurer
@HashtagGriswold

Incredible: the Trump Foundation treasurer didn't even know he was treasurer until federal investigators told him.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Staff Writer

Bodhi Jones
@bodhijones

Remember that charity event Trump held "for veterans" instead of doing the Fox debate? that event raised 5.6 million dollars, 2.8 million went to the Trump Foundation, and then to all sorts of campaign / legal fees.

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/file...d_petition.pdf
Old 06-14-2018, 02:51 PM

Happy Birthday Mr. President!

Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 03:16 PM
Staff Writer

Kenneth P. Vogel
‏@kenvogel

NOTABLE: The TRUMP FOUNDATION statement pushing back on the @NewYorkStateAG lawsuit alleging the Trump Organization improperly controlled the Trump Foundation came from a Trump Org email address.

Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 04:55 PM

Thanks Swampy. I think the above statement sums it up.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:34 PM

Showme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud of
New York State Attorney General Underwood Announces Lawsuit Against Donald J. Trump Foundation And Its Board Of Directors For Extensive And Persistent Violations Of State And Federal Law:

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/atto...&ICID=ref_fark
Meanwhile the Clinton Crime Family Foundation
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Showme Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (06-15-2018), ud2 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 09:30 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...World-War.html

87% approval amongst republicans after 500 days in office.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Staff Writer

Thanks Swampy. I think the above statement sums it up.
You kinda missed the point there Jack. A statement regarding the Trump Foundation was sent from an email address at the Trump Organization, thus proving the point of the lawsuit in a nutshell.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:13 AM

You kinda missed the point there Jack. A statement regarding the Trump Foundation was sent from an email address at the Trump Organization, thus proving the point of the lawsuit in a nutshell.
I still don't get it. What did it prove? The statement is from a spokesman for the Trump Foundation, should it be sent from his personal email?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:16 AM
Staff Writer

I still don't get it. What did it prove? The statement is from a spokesman for the Trump Foundation, should it be sent from his personal email?
How about the Trump Foundation???
Old 06-15-2018, 10:21 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...World-War.html

87% approval amongst republicans after 500 days in office.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:57 AM

Some Hot Water

High approval rating or not, I think the President and his family are in for a hot water bath...if not soon, eventually almost for sure.

From what is public information, I think the Trump modus operandi throughout his business career has been to engage in an endless string of investments gone bad, some shady....real estate, casinos, etc.,....declare bankruptcy (six times) and leave others holding the bag. Sometimes including banks. I'm surprised that so little has been made of DJT Jr's. statement years ago that no American banks would loan them money. Obviously, there was a reason for that since the business of banks is loaning money.

Unlike public companies, private enterprises like Trump's have little or no accountability, no Board, no shareholders...and many get away with everything they possibly can. Until they can't. My guess is that's why we'll never see those tax returns.

Yesterday's actions in New York may signal the start of some unraveling.

But what about the Clintons?!!! Black as the ace of spades, no doubt, giving sleaze a new meaning. But the Clintons are now private citizens which changes everything entirely.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,599 Times in 1,029 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Meaning?

But the Clintons are now private citizens which changes everything entirely.
What do you mean here, UAC?
Old 06-15-2018, 12:23 PM

Clarification

Originally Posted by Mich Flyer View Post
What do you mean here, UAC?
I do not mean to imply that the Clinton Foundation shakedown racket was OK. Quite possibly there are serious legal issues. What I mean is this: While the racket was going on in its hey day HRC was Sec of State...a very influential position. That's a big deal. The very day she lost the election the payoffs stopped.

So while the activity itself is/was serious and possibly illegal, it's relative importance has declined enormously since the Clinton's are no longer in the circle of Govt power. If HRC were president it would a whole nuther ball game.

Back to the Trumps. Whatever they are doing they have been doing since day one..it's the way they operate. I doubt if they know any other way. To the extent that it was illegal at worst, unethical at best, it's a bad thing. But in the overall scheme of things the importance to us and to the Country is profoundly different with Trump in the White House than it was when he was a private citizen.

If some guy on the other side of town beats his wife and kids, that's a bad thing. If the guy happens to be the mayor it's just as bad....but the story has an entirely different and highly elevated meaning.

Where you sit matters when you're doing good/bad things. That's all I meant.
Mich Flyer (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 01:53 PM

Same old song on Trump we have heard for the last two years... his day is coming, he is going down, he has no money, he is a crooked business person, he colluded with Russia, he has bad investments, he in serious debt, and on and on.

Meanwhile he is a multi-millionaire, does not even take a salary, one of the best Presidents in our lifetime, has been accused of a boatload by his haters and been found guilty of nothing. But keep trying!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (06-15-2018), JimBo (06-15-2018), TA111 (06-16-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Staff Writer

The AP has learned that Trump's 2020 re-election campaign is secretly working with former employees of Cambridge Analytica:

https://apnews.com/96928216bdc341ada659447973a688e4
Old 06-15-2018, 02:07 PM

Give it time...

Same old song on Trump we have heard for the last two years... his day is coming, he is going down, he has no money, he is a crooked business person, he colluded with Russia, he has bad investments, he in serious debt, and on and on.

Meanwhile he is a multi-millionaire, does not even take a salary, one of the best Presidents in our lifetime, has been accused of a boatload by his haters and been found guilty of nothing. But keep trying!
Be patient, Jack. Give it time.

As for "the best president in our lifetime". All Americans should hope that turns out to be true. In the meantime, as regards both foreign and domestic issues the President is following a different approach having potential...but so far it's still way to early for judgement. To paraphrase the WSJ's Daniel Henninger,..."When do we start seeing results?"

Re "results", please don't point to the economy. The effect of trade policy is major unknown, the Govt is running a nearly $1 trillion annual deficit,....these are big time economic issues.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:03 PM

Be patient, Jack. Give it time.

As for "the best president in our lifetime". All Americans should hope that turns out to be true. In the meantime, as regards both foreign and domestic issues the President is following a different approach having potential...but so far it's still way to early for judgement. To paraphrase the WSJ's Daniel Henninger,..."When do we start seeing results?"

Re "results", please don't point to the economy. The effect of trade policy is major unknown, the Govt is running a nearly $1 trillion annual deficit,....these are big time economic issues.
Wow, you have your head in the sand.
JimBo (06-15-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 07:54 AM

UAC, I did not realize that you live in one of the most economically depressed states, and maybe that is what distorts your view of the economy booming. CT ranks 46th in a recent Wallethub ranking of Economic Health. Their credit rating is 3rd worst in the nation. It appears the pro-tax Democrats have ruined your state in the past 8 years.

This Republican candidate, Stefanowski, a non-politician corporate executive, sounds like he wants to do for CT what Trump has done for the country.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ncome-tax.html
Old 06-16-2018, 09:10 AM

Npt quite right, Jack

UAC, I did not realize that you live in one of the most economically depressed states, and maybe that is what distorts your view of the economy booming. CT ranks 46th in a recent Wallethub ranking of Economic Health. Their credit rating is 3rd worst in the nation. It appears the pro-tax Democrats have ruined your state in the past 8 years.
This Republican candidate, Stefanowski, a non-politician corporate executive, sounds like he wants to do for CT what Trump has done for the country.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ncome-tax.html
It hasn't been for just eight years, Jack. It's been going on for much longer than that. The issue is that the Democratic CT legislature is owned by CT's public employee unions which enjoy lavish compensation and benefits...best of the 50 states. And much of the retirement benefits have been underfunded over the years. It's tragic.

Interestingly, the current governor whose 2nd term is ending, a Democrat, is the first governor in decades to at least try to tackle the problem. For years CT has had GOP governors (don't ask me to explain that) who went along with the Democratic-controlled legislature.

CT got away with this system for decades because of a booming defense industry..second only to California. CT still has a large defense industry; but it can no longer support the State as it did in the past. It's especially sad because while the party lasted CT boasted one of the strongest economies in the Nation. No more!

Nonetheless, while our economy is a shambles CT still ranks among a top handful of states as regards overall quality of life measures. But until the voters wake up and elect a GOP governor who is a real leader...along with a GOP legislature....there is little reason for hope. It's very hard to understand because the voters that consistently elect Democratic leaders are the ones being fleeced by the unions and the legislators. If you want to live well get a job in the public sector in CT..and if you want to live really, really well become a cop in CT. Not long ago it was revealed that the guy in charge of the University of Connecticut campus police force was paid more than the police commissioner of New York City.
jack72 (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Lieutenant General

Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
4.0 gdp

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is expanding at a 4.0 percent annualized rate in the second quarter

https://www.frbatlanta.org/-/media/d...kingSlides.pdf
Mad Props to Mich Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 10:04 AM

Impressed

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is expanding at a 4.0 percent annualized rate in the second quarter

https://www.frbatlanta.org/-/media/d...kingSlides.pdf
Mich, I'm impressed. But I'm a chronic worrier...that explains my concern.

A major cause of my worry? Precisely because the economy is so strong and government tax revenues are at record levels....I am very concerned that the Government is running a deficit approaching $1 trillion. Mich we are adding about $1 trillion annually to a debt that already is an unthinkable $20 trillion.

It hardly matters what the GDP growth is when the Country is on such a clearly unsustainable path with not the slightest hint of a plan to correct it. Imagine what your household financial management would like if you had a great job, great pay, great annual raises....but your personal debt was increasing roughly 5% a year to the point that the interest on your debt was approaching 10% of your total household spending and interest rates were rising. Would you be saying, "Wow, my pay is great and growing....things are teriffic!". I'm not sure you would.

This party can't last very long without trauma even with 4-5% GDP growth.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Lieutenant General

UAC - I am also concerned with the deficit. I hope this issue is to be soon addressed. Both parties keep pushing it down the road. Is Congress taking any action?
Old 06-16-2018, 10:29 AM

It isn't being addressed!

UAC - I am also concerned with the deficit. I hope this issue is to be soon addressed. Both parties keep pushing it down the road. Is Congress taking any action?
The driver of the deficit is entitlements which the President has vowed not to touch. The Congress persons like their job so they can't touch it.

We are experiencing a flaw in democracy. For this matter to be tackled things have to get so bad that everyone understands its gravity, liberals, conservatives, Democrats, Republicans and, most important, voters.

The really sad aspect of the entitlement issue is that it is so easily remedied without any reduction in benefits. It's the rate of growth that has to be reduced, not the absolute level of entitlement spending.

GDP growth of ~ 4% can handle growth in government spending that is consistent with that level of growth. An astonishing figure is that 10,000 people turn 65 every day.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Lieutenant General

The driver of the deficit is entitlements which the President has vowed not to touch. The Congress persons like their job so they can't touch it.
Good points, UAC, but I do not see that adjusting the way entitlements are done is harming entitlements. It is helping the situation. Raising the age, etc., only benefit the solidarity of the entitlements and drive down the deficits. I thought Paul Ryan was in favor of this. I would think Trump would see value in this type of thinking. He would still be keeping his promise that people would still have their social security.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:41 AM

Leadership

Good points, UAC, but I do not see that adjusting the way entitlements are done is harming entitlements. It is helping the situation. Raising the age, etc., only benefit the solidarity of the entitlements and drive down the deficits. I thought Paul Ryan was in favor of this. I would think Trump would see value in this type of thinking. He would still be keeping his promise that people would still have their social security.
I don't either! Prudent financial management benefits the Country...incl seniors.

But it requires presidential leadership. I don't think Trump will provide that. And if the GOP loses the House our goose is cooked. In such a scenario the only fix is allowing things to get so bad that everyone understands the problem.

Waiting until catastrophe looms is hardly the way to deal with problems. But it's the way of American democracy absent real leadership, especially at the top.

By the way, I think Paul Ryan's retirement reflects his giving up re the entitlement issue. He's a young man with a life ahead of him. I think he realized the hopelessness of the situation and was not willing to sacrifice his life and family trying to deal futility with the issue. Just opinion.

Last edited by UACFlyer; 06-16-2018 at 10:46 AM..
Old 06-16-2018, 10:46 AM
Lieutenant General

Let's hope they wake up, UAC. On a positive note - US retail sales post biggest gain in six months
U.S. retail sales increased more than expected in May as consumers bought motor vehicles and a range of other goods.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/14/us-r...-may-2018.html
Old 06-16-2018, 07:00 PM

I do not think Trump can tackle entitlements or social security until after the fall election, and realistically not till his second term. The politics are so bad right now, that Trump and Republicans will be crucified by the media, the democrats and their own base. Trump can always dump the social security revision only on the young voters, but could he get enough votes to pass it?

What do you guys have in mind for cutting back entitlements? And leave social security out of it, since it is not an entitlement, and we know the fix there.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Major General

I do not think Trump can tackle entitlements or social security until after the fall election, and realistically not till his second term. The politics are so bad right now, that Trump and Republicans will be crucified by the media, the democrats and their own base. Trump can always dump the social security revision only on the young voters, but could he get enough votes to pass it?

What do you guys have in mind for cutting back entitlements? And leave social security out of it, since it is not an entitlement, and we know the fix there.
I think we need to institute stricter work requirements regarding welfare recipients. If you are capable of working you have x amount of time to get a job. Period. This living off the govt is getting old.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:47 PM
Staff Writer

Iowa soybean farmers could lose up to $624,000,000 as a result of the tariffs:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ion/705121002/
Old 06-17-2018, 05:12 PM

In the first two weeks of the steel and aluminum tariffs, the government has collected $110 million. Great deal given our national debt. I am surprised the President has not mentioned this as a plan to get rid of the debt. I think that when we pay a tariff, like the farmers, it is paid by that corporation and passed on in the cost of the product. When the US collects a tariff, it goes to the government. I saw elsewhere that the effect on annual inflation could be .1%, so not a big deal.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...more-than-110m
Old 06-17-2018, 09:12 PM

SS as an entitlement

Can't skip over SS....it's the largest entitlement by far. Sure, we've all paid into SS. But the SS benefits far exceed anything workers pay. That's why 85% of SS is taxed as income. Roughly 15% of what workers pay into the system is related to their benefits....while an estimated 85% is a transfer payment from today's workers. SS is the largest of all entitlements and the easiest to reign in with a few very simple changes. And no future retiree would receive a penny less than today's retirees.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:33 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
And no future retiree would receive a penny less than today's retirees.
C'mon UAC, we discussed this earlier, that is just simply not true.

Last edited by ud2; Yesterday at 01:04 AM..
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM

It is true!

C'mon UAC, we discussed this earlier, that is just simply not true.
ud2, the current formula used to calculate SS benefits increases benefits over time. Just reducing the amount of the increase slows the total cost growth of the program....but still results in an increase over what today's retirees receive.

In government-speak, which you may be falling victim too, a reduction in a planned increase is said to be a cut in benefits. It's a cut only in the sense that the person would receive less of an increase....less than they would receive if the change was not made. But it's still an increase over and above what today's retirees receive.

C'mon, ud2, it's important to understand this!
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM

Can't skip over SS....it's the largest entitlement by far. Sure, we've all paid into SS. But the SS benefits far exceed anything workers pay. That's why 85% of SS is taxed as income. Roughly 15% of what workers pay into the system is related to their benefits....while an estimated 85% is a transfer payment from today's workers. SS is the largest of all entitlements and the easiest to reign in with a few very simple changes. And no future retiree would receive a penny less than today's retirees.
We can argue this one all year, but my point is: do you want to just revise SS, or also the other entitlements? What is your plan, or anybody's, to revise the other entitlements?

Disability is a huge problem and a huge abuse. Pretty hard to fix Medicare or Medicaid without a ****storm and a fix of our broken medical care system. Unemployment needs some changes, such as a person not having to take a job that pays less than the job they lost. Food stamps has many problems. Cut the entitlements to illegals.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Obscuring the issue....

We can argue this one all year, but my point is: do you want to just revise SS, or also the other entitlements? What is your plan, or anybody's, to revise the other entitlements?

Disability is a huge problem and a huge abuse. Pretty hard to fix Medicare or Medicaid without a ****storm and a fix of our broken medical care system. Unemployment needs some changes, such as a person not having to take a job that pays less than the job they lost. Food stamps has many problems. Cut the entitlements to illegals.
Jack,of course there are several entitlements such as the ones you've mentioned. But the giants are SS, Medicare and Medicaid. Even mentioning others just obscures the main issue.

And of the three I mentioned, SS is the largest by far and worsening with 10,000 people reaching 65 each day. I have plan-thoughts for the three big ones; but I'll focus only on SS because it's the largest and changes are so simple. Look, the age for full benefits has already been gradually increased once from 65 to 67. Was that so hard? Was there rioting in the streets? Simply increasing the age to 70 or 72 over 20-30 years will have a huge effect. Anyone that makes that sound hard has no serious interest in solving the problem.

Another major fix would be to change the indexing for current workers from wage growth to cost of living. The wage growth index increases faster than the CPI used for those already retired. That means the benefit for those still working is increasing faster than the CPI. This is nuts! Just align the two annual indexes to the CPI and a ton of money will be saved. From what I've read this change would have a larger effect than raising the age for full benefits.

Another possibility is means-testing SS for high income people. Warren Buffet is eligible for SS benefits. Does that make sense to you?

It doesn't take a genius to solve this problem, Jack. Indeed, solutions are ridiculously simple. Please don't make it sound as if some complex plan is required.

Last edited by UACFlyer; Yesterday at 11:35 AM..
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM

Thanked 4,831 Times in 2,370 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Jack,of course there are several entitlements such as the ones you've mentioned. But the giants are SS, Medicare and Medicaid. Even mentioning others just obscures the main issue.

And of the three I mentioned, SS is the largest by far and worsening with 10,000 people reaching 65 each day. I have plan-thoughts for the three big ones; but I'll focus only on SS because it's the largest and changes are so simple. Look, the age for full benefits has already been gradually increased once from 65 to 67. Was that so hard? Was there rioting in the streets? Simply increasing the age to 70 or 72 over 20-30 years will have a huge effect. Anyone that makes that sound hard has no serious interest in solving the problem.

Another major fix would be to change the indexing for current workers from wage growth to cost of living. The wage growth index increases faster than the CPI used for those already retired. That means the benefit for those still working is increasing faster than the CPI. This is nuts! Just align the two annual indexes to the CPI and a ton of money will be saved. From what I've read this change would have a larger effect than raising the age for full benefits.

Another possibility is means-testing SS for high income people. Warren Buffet is eligible for SS benefits. Does that make sense to you?

It doesn't take a genius to solve this problem, Jack. Indeed, solutions are ridiculously simple. Please don't make it sound as if some complex plan is required.
UAC - I am with you that fixing SS would not be that difficult for reasonable people but stay away from means testing. How do you handle the 2 people that made the same amount through their lifetime employment - one spent everything they made and the other lived well below their means and saved extensively?

But i don't believe for a second that in this partisan political environment, any reasonable will be able to form a committee to address the issue. Nothing will get done until backs are truly against the wall.
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

A good question...

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
UAC - I am with you that fixing SS would not be that difficult for reasonable people but stay away from means testing. How do you handle the 2 people that made the same amount through their lifetime employment - one spent everything they made and the other lived well below their means and saved extensively?

But i don't believe for a second that in this partisan political environment, any reasonable will be able to form a committee to address the issue. Nothing will get done until backs are truly against the wall.
Well, we're not talking about a cure for cancer or a trip to Mars. I'm sure an equitable formula could be devised.

Regarding your "backs to the wall" argument...I fear you are right. Too bad.
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Satisfaction with US direction highest since 2005: Gallup

Satisfaction with US direction highest since 2005: Gallup

Satisfaction with the country's direction is at its highest level since 2005, according to Gallup polling released Monday.
Thirty-eight percent of respondents in the new polling said they are happy with the country’s direction.
The last time more people said they were content with the direction of the United States was in September, 2005, Gallup noted, when 39 percent said they were satisfied.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/392...ce-2005-gallup
Mad Props to Mich Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM

So you are saying only fix SS. As I have told you in the past you are preaching to the choir. I am all for raising the age. People are living longer and can work longer. Good time to do it, since life expectancy has gone down.

It probably ticks many people off when it is referred to as an entitlement, or if it is going to be the only thing changed. Entitlement is a very pejorative term, so you and others need to stop when referring to SS as an entitlement.

As to your assertion that SS is some type of entitlement scheme where we get more than we put in, there are some people who pay in their whole working life and live a long time, and therefore get back more than they and their employer put in. There are others who get back nothing, because they die before they collect. That happens to about 20% of workers. There are others who come out about right. That is not an entitlement. It is a socialistic system of retirement, where we all share in the gains and losses of others.

I can estimate in my case that only taking into account what I put in plus what my employer put in for me, I will need to live till at least 83 years old to break even. My life expectancy is 84, so not a big difference. Now take a 5% return for that money all those years. I now have to live till about the age of 120.

One of the big problems with SS pyramid scheme is that none of the money is invested, instead it is used to pay current SS and disability payouts.

UAC, you might do a similar calculation on what you and your employer has paid in and your life expectancy. It may be an eye opener.
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

Yipes!

So you are saying only fix SS. As I have told you in the past you are preaching to the choir. I am all for raising the age. People are living longer and can work longer. Good time to do it, since life expectancy has gone down.

It probably ticks many people off when it is referred to as an entitlement, or if it is going to be the only thing changed. Entitlement is a very pejorative term, so you and others need to stop when referring to SS as an entitlement.

As to your assertion that SS is some type of entitlement scheme where we get more than we put in, there are some people who pay in their whole working life and live a long time, and therefore get back more than they and their employer put in. There are others who get back nothing, because they die before they collect. That happens to about 20% of workers. There are others who come out about right. That is not an entitlement. It is a socialistic system of retirement, where we all share in the gains and losses of others.

I can estimate in my case that only taking into account what I put in plus what my employer put in for me, I will need to live till at least 83 years old to break even. My life expectancy is 84, so not a big difference. Now take a 5% return for that money all those years. I now have to live till about the age of 120.

One of the big problems with SS pyramid scheme is that none of the money is invested, instead it is used to pay current SS and disability payouts.

UAC, you might do a similar calculation on what you and your employer has paid in and your life expectancy. It may be an eye opener.
Jack, SS is not an investment program! It's a government program that transfers money from those that are working to those that have retired so the latter group can have a decent quality of life. It's a good program that is very popular and just needs a bit of reform so as to be sustainable. Repeat, it's not an investment program....any more than my share of defense spending is. That being the case what I paid in along with my employer has absolutely nothing to do with the matter.

Medicare and Medicaid both need work. But fixing the former is a bit more difficult than SS. My solution would be to pass more of the cost on to seniors so that they used Medicare more wisely. People, incl seniors, seem to have no trouble affording the latest iPhones and costly service plans. They can afford to pick up a larger share of their routine medical costs.

Last edited by UACFlyer; Yesterday at 04:53 PM..
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Jack, SS is not an investment program! It's a government program that transfers money from those that are working to those that have retired so the latter group can have a decent quality of life. It's a good program that is very popular and just needs a bit of reform so as to be sustainable. Repeat, it's not an investment program....any more than my share of defense spending is. That being the case what I paid in along with my employer has absolutely nothing to do with the matter.

Medicare and Medicaid both need work. But fixing the former is a bit more difficult than SS. My solution would be to pass more of the cost on to seniors so that they used Medicare more wisely. People, incl seniors, seem to have no trouble affording the latest iPhones and costly service plans. They can afford to pick up a larger share of their routine medical costs.
UAC, not sure why you think SS is an investment program. It was never intended to be. I was simply giving you the math of how bad the program is run. But you and I have the same bad government solution raise the age, meaning increase taxes.
Mich Flyer (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Staff Writer

Lies, China And Putin: Solving The Mystery Of Wilbur Ross' Missing Fortune:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#3c5585d77e87
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM

ud2, the current formula used to calculate SS benefits increases benefits over time. Just reducing the amount of the increase slows the total cost growth of the program....but still results in an increase over what today's retirees receive.

In government-speak, which you may be falling victim too, a reduction in a planned increase is said to be a cut in benefits. It's a cut only in the sense that the person would receive less of an increase....less than they would receive if the change was not made. But it's still an increase over and above what today's retirees receive.

C'mon, ud2, it's important to understand this!
Thank-you for making my point for me. A decrease in a planned increase is still a decrease vs. a non decrease in a planned increase.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM

Huh?

Thank-you for making my point for me. A decrease in a planned increase is still a decrease vs. a non decrease in a planned increase.
A guy getting a $100 benefit is told he's going to get $150 in ten years.

Later you tell him he's only going to get $140 in ten years.

So his benefit has been decreased? It's been increased from $100 to $140. What has decreased is the rate of growth of his benefit....not the benefit.

Reigning in SS program cost growth rate is the issue. The cost will still be higher than it is today...but it will not increase as fast. If you call that a decrease, well.....
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM

A guy getting a $100 benefit is told he's going to get $150 in ten years.

Later you tell him he's only going to get $140 in ten years.

So his benefit has been decreased? It's been increased from $100 to $140. What has decreased is the rate of growth of his benefit....not the benefit.

Reigning in SS program cost growth rate is the issue. The cost will still be higher than it is today...but it will not increase as fast. If you call that a decrease, well.....
The rate of growth has still been decreased, that is a decrease/cut according to the Democrats.

You know that if the GOP tried to decrease the rate of increase, the Democrats would be calling the plan a cut to SS benefits. That would be the first thing out of their mouths.