User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
What happened to Xavier?

Did Xavier just forget about women's bball once they got in the Big East?
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2018, 10:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,526 Times in 774 Posts
Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
No offense to Brian Neal who has had some success there but yes rough times this year at 9-19. Best years were under Kevin Mc Guff when they had the dynamic duo of Amber Harris and Tashea Phillips both from Indianapolis and the Musketeers and Flyers had some great battles those years. I wish UD would play "X" in non conference - rekindle a rivalry that yes at this point would be quite lopsided.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
Honestly, I say the heck with Xavier....they have the worst low class fans in the world. I will never go to another Xavier game in Cincinnati.

I hope the next time we play them, we beat them by 100

Go Flyers!
Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDEE79 (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Brigadier General

Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
Don't hold back tell me how you really feel. I miss the intense X-UD women's rivalry - I just don;t get a feel there's a natural rivalry for the Flyers currently. I've never been thrilled being in the A-10 from competitive and geographical standpoints.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,143 Times in 5,114 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Barney. Once Phillips and Harris left it was all downhill. That team should have made the Final-4 and blew it in the last 5 seconds. They also had the Ratay(?) girl transfer to Maryland I think which was a huge loss. She could shoot the cover off the ball.

They were good before McGuff as Balcomb built that program up before going to Vanderbilt and turning that program into a consistent NCAA tourney threat (since fired in 2016 after 12 straight NCAAs and 2 bad seasons).

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 02-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Brigadier General

Chris is referring to two point blank wide open layups that Phillips had against Stanford in the waning seconds that would've win the game.
Mad Props to Barney Sentner For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (02-22-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I agree we don't really have a regional rivalry. I would rather see us play Wright State and Miami every year than Xavier. I wish Ohio State would schedule home and away with us. That is one series that I believe would get the fans out at UD.

I have an intense dislike for anything Xavier. I have had numerous poor experiences with that school, their fans and the Cintas in particular. I would just rather see us get into a schedule with other programs around the area. Even Cincinnati which I do not like either would be good.

Go Flyers!
Old 02-23-2018, 02:52 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barney Sentner View Post
Chris is referring to two point blank wide open layups that Phillips had against Stanford in the waning seconds that would've win the game.
It was Jernigan who missed the 2 point blank layups.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jaburr91 (02-23-2018)