User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Observations from Row 4 at Chaifetz (Part 2 of 2)

As promised. Take them or leave them.

• While I didn’t always agree with his lineups and strategies (and let him hear about on occasion), Archie coached a darn good game. I don’t recall the incident exactly (think it was an offensive rebound or turnover) that triggered it, but during one huddle/time out, he ripped into Pierre for about 60 seconds. He seemed to respond and demonstrated some leadership too. With about 6 minutes to play, Pierre had the ball in the backcourt, and he waved off someone (maybe Scoochie) coming to get the ball. DP knew exactly what he wanted and where he was going with the ball. Sibert came off a baseline screen in front of the Flyer bench and drained a go ahead triple from the corner. We never trailed again.
• My issues with Archie were mostly related to his apparent oblivion when something isn’t working. Or blatant unwillingness to adjust. There were a few times where I felt we had such an offensively challenged lineup in the game (basically when Pollard and either Kavs or Scott were in together) that SLU could back off 2 players and just pack it in and make it impossible to penetrate or create perimeter shots for the three guys on the floor who could shoot it. Oh, and twice in the first half I hollered at the top of my lungs “Archie, don’t be afraid to mix it up a little. Even a few possessions of zone would be ok.”
• But our defensive effort and execution in the second half was the best I have seen all year.
• My disbelief in our ability to win a game like this centered around a few things – our defense and ability to get stops, our bigs inability to finish, too many stretches where we take too many bad shots and poor in game/basketball IQ. Last night, our bigs never got going on the inside, other than Jalen. And half of his production came from outside the arc on “dare you to shoot that” threes. However, I was very impressed with him even beyond those threes. Our defense sucked in the 1st half, but equally better in the 2nd. We didn’t seem to take a bunch of bad shots. I recall only thinking that enough times to maybe count on one hand. Most of those seem to come from DO.
• Moving to DO. Great finish, but man was he tough to watch last night. I think he started like 0-5, making him 0-17 against SLU on the season at one point. I hate when he settles for or forces the three ball. And drives me nuts when he forces shots in the lane. I hate playing up hill, and some of his shots in the first 2 minutes created that hole (more on this in a minute).I guess we have to take the good with the bad here - because he does create a lot too. He is a pretty smart and tenacious rebounder, but creates some really stupid fouls when logic suggests to back off. Perhaps I am expecting too much consistency. I sat behind his Dad. Nice and gracious man who is as animated and passionate during a game as you’ll find, as any proud father might be. I hope this chapter of the their UD lives ends well. DO has been a gamer for the Flyers and deserves nothing but praise when his comprehensive efforts and contributions are looked back upon.
• Why is it, every game it seems, that we are always playing up hill? Or desperately trying to avoiding ****ing our pants/sh!tting to bed? Last night was both. We seemed to play uphill forever last night. We’d cut it to three, it goes back to eight. We cut it to one, they go back up five. When we finally tied it, I couldn’t believe it. It was like a 2000 pound gorilla was removed from our back. Then, not sure what the strategy was in the last 3 minutes, but we seemed to avoid our sets and just wait fro SLU to come to pressure. We have the horses to beat pressure (if smart about it). When a defense is over extending, that’s when we make them pay since they’re vulnerable and taking risks. Punish them, rather than play timid. Too many turnovers in the last few minutes.
• More on DO – what a leader though. Had the balls to stick to it and I witnessed several moments where he was tutoring the others, Scoochie in particular.
• Sibert always seems to make big shots. Not sure why, but I still feel like there’s more there. Not big shots more, just more game. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I am looking for more, perhaps it’s leadership and/or a better presence on defense.
• Sat behind Kavs dad too. Didn’t know until after the game. Hope he ignored a few of my in game frustrations. Nice man as well. Kavs can be very frustrating. He does serve a purpose, but his footwork on defense really causes a lot of foul trouble. He struggled on the high ball screen (defending it) a number of times. They let John Manning score twice. That guy should never score.
• Team chemistry, both on the bench and the floor looks good.
• The scene afterward was very rewarding. Players and coaches hugging each other with a real sense of genuine accomplishment. Like they immediately realized the magnitude of the moment and they had gone into the trenches with each other, had their backs, and came out victorious.
• The Flyer Faithful in attendance were vocal, but just as respectful and composed as you should expect. At no point did I see any Flyer fans heckle or belittle a SLU fan or player. And the SLU fans were both ****ed and astonished. They had no reservations that a loss was even possible.
• That critical stretch between the 6 minute and 3 minute marks – we had guys simply make winning plays. And in the end, that’s what it’s all about – making plays (winning plays).
• We did dodge a few bullets on SLU’s last possession. When Loe got it on the wing, I literally bellowed “OH NO!!” And Barnett’s three looked good as gold from behind, but thankfully fell a little short.
• My comments to Mr. Oliver and Mr. Kavanaugh were the same – “Enjoy Saturday. Don’t allow a letdown.”
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (03-06-2014), CE80 (03-06-2014), CvilleFlyer (03-07-2014), FlyerGuyer (03-06-2014), Muckem333 (03-07-2014), NYCFLYER (03-07-2014), T-Bone 84 (03-07-2014), THirt (03-07-2014), tirebiter (03-06-2014), UD Sam (03-07-2014), udflyerfan (03-06-2014)
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,164 Times in 5,120 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Like I posted on Twitter, DMO is one of those guys on a very short list in Flyer history you just root a little harder to succeed. He's come so far since his freshman year where he had the yips so bad he couldn't make a layup. Now hes the leader.

Plain and simple, every win we've needed, we needed DMO to do his thing. Only when DMO started to make plays at the end (and give away a couple as well) did we start to reel SLU back in and take the lead. We cant win w/o DMO making some big plays.

The dude has represented himself in nothing but a first class manner the moment he stepped on campus. Has never misplaced a single regretful word in an interview, acted in inappropriate ways, or taken credit away from others to needlessly inflate himself. But, none of this should come as any surprise. He comes from a terrific family that taught him some big picture lessons in life that put both life and basketball in the proper context. You saw that in the stands last night on TV.

Bill Rutherford once told Joel Goodsen, "Princeton can use a guy like Joel."

Dayton can use a few more guys like Devin Oliver.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
26 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-06-2014), anthonycharles (03-06-2014), axehandle (03-07-2014), Bill McPeek (03-06-2014), bobber (03-06-2014), CvilleFlyer (03-07-2014), DJ '96 (03-07-2014), Flyer 86 (03-06-2014), FlyerGuyer (03-06-2014), FlyerinChicago (03-06-2014), Glen Clark (03-06-2014), Hyde Park Flyer (03-06-2014), jpk4ud (03-06-2014), MrFlyerFanatic (03-07-2014), NYCFLYER (03-07-2014), runnerup (03-07-2014), SeasonTicketFan (03-07-2014), SLUFLYER (03-06-2014), The Fly (03-06-2014), tirebiter (03-06-2014), TommyGola (03-06-2014), Tony T 71 (03-06-2014), UD Sam (03-08-2014), udflyerfan (03-06-2014), UDGutter2 (03-06-2014), westchesterflyer (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
• While I didn’t always agree with his lineups and strategies (and let him hear about on occasion), Archie coached a darn good game. I don’t recall the incident exactly (think it was an offensive rebound or turnover) that triggered it, but during one huddle/time out, he ripped into Pierre for about 60 seconds. He seemed to respond and demonstrated some leadership too. With about 6 minutes to play, Pierre had the ball in the backcourt, and he waved off someone (maybe Scoochie) coming to get the ball. DP knew exactly what he wanted and where he was going with the ball. Sibert came off a baseline screen in front of the Flyer bench and drained a go ahead triple from the corner. We never trailed again.
It was because Dyshawn put up a very lackadaisical shot from under the basket, as if he just flipped it up instead of taking it up strong. Cutting to commercial, you could see Archie ask Dyshawn in not so nice terms what was up with that shot. Pierre did not see the floor again the rest of the 1st half.

Archie was on point last night. He was very fiery, even moreso than his usual fiery self. But the difference was he was also very confident and encouraging, even when they were down 7 or so pts most of the game. You could tell by his actions and body language, he was very confidient in his team and that really rubbed off on the rest of the team. As a fan viewing the game on tv, I would get down a lot as we struggled to take over the game, but looking at Archie, it was as if he believed the entire time they were going to win that game. My hat is off to him. He made me a true believer with that game last night.
Mad Props to anthonycharles For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post
It was because Dyshawn put up a very lackadaisical shot from under the basket, as if he just flipped it up instead of taking it up strong. Cutting to commercial, you could see Archie ask Dyshawn in not so nice terms what was up with that shot. Pierre did not see the floor again the rest of the 1st half.

Archie was on point last night. He was very fiery, even moreso than his usual fiery self. But the difference was he was also very confident and encouraging, even when they were down 7 or so pts most of the game. You could tell by his actions and body language, he was very confidient in his team and that really rubbed off on the rest of the team. As a fan viewing the game on tv, I would get down a lot as we struggled to take over the game, but looking at Archie, it was as if he believed the entire time they were going to win that game. My hat is off to him. He made me a true believer with that game last night.
I remember it well. I swear when I saw that on TV I thought Archie told him he has to pass that out. He was in no position to make that shot and they could have reset (or someone could have been wide open. One thing is clear to me with Archie's offense: to succeed all the guys need to be thinking ' unless you have a clear and good shot, pass it' and that was a case of DP I think trying to do a little too much himself because he was not in a good position to take that shot…and Arch didn't like it.
Mad Props to AC91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 09:57 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post

Watching at home I too felt Archies confidence, encouragement, poise and strategic tactics and substitutions. Started believing in the last two ganes but this sealed tge deal for me seeing this game from end to end.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
The team was as happy as I have seen them all year, a good sign, smiling makes you relax.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought we did a good job in the game, don't get me wrong... but if SLU is healthy and not EXHAUSTED, they win that game by 10. They looked as physically tired as I have ever seen a team look during a game. Jett is beat down from the season long grind.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
I thought we did a good job in the game, don't get me wrong... but if SLU is healthy and not EXHAUSTED, they win that game by 10. They looked as physically tired as I have ever seen a team look during a game. Jett is beat down from the season long grind.
I choose to flip that and believe our depth had something to do with it...over the season, not just this game. Giving 5-6 guys all the minutes is the strategy Crews chose. Got 'em 19 straight, now we'll see how they hold up. Flyers have had 8-9 guys on average play double-digit minutes, hopefully it pays off. As for injuries, we've had our fair share as well. Fortunately, none have been season-ending (knock on wood). And everybody's grinding at this stage, Khari as much as anyone in the A10.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-07-2014), jack72 (03-07-2014), MrFlyerFanatic (03-07-2014), THirt (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I choose to flip that and believe our depth had something to do with it...over the season, not just this game. Giving 5-6 guys all the minutes is the strategy Crews chose. Got 'em 19 straight, now we'll see how they hold up. Flyers have had 8-9 guys on average play double-digit minutes, hopefully it pays off. As for injuries, we've had our fair share as well. Fortunately, none have been season-ending (knock on wood). And everybody's grinding at this stage, Khari as much as anyone in the A10.
Agreed. It's a good point. I was just really surprised at how tired they looked. They looked like I look when I have to get up at 3:45 to catch a 6 AM flight.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-07-2014), SeasonTicketFan (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 09:32 AM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
As they say, excuses are for losers, and Crews has a bunch right now. Crews and many loved those five seniors and he played them to the max, so reap what you sew. I have no sympathy for St. Louis after the ugly way they beat us during the past. And some of the douche bags on their pro baseball team only makes me dislike the Billikens more.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
DMO is definitely our leader. When he plays well the whole team rallies behind him and plays better! I like the way he encourages the freshman. At one time we had 3 freshman on the floor against St. Louis. None of them will win newcomer of the year in the A-10 but, where would we be without the depth they provide?

Pollard has struggled at times but St. Louis was perhaps his best game. Davis and Scoochie seem to step up at critical times. Bobby Knight, or someone said at this point in the season freshman aren't freshman any more! They are sophomores and they are truly playing like it!

Getting back to DMO, he plays with his foot on the accelerator so much that sometimes he will commit a foul or throw an errant pass and he always points to himself and says "My bad." If he would just take 1 more second to think of the consequences before he acts he could eliminate the frustration and stay out of foul trouble. Thus, he could be on the floor for more minutes.

DMO will be sorely missed next season. He is truly an ambassador for the University of Dayton and is what the definition of student athlete is all about. Lets pack the Arena Saturday evening and give him and the other seniors the recognition they deserve.

Heres hoping they get to enjoy the NCAA tournament experience as well!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-07-2014), UD Sam (03-08-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if the teams that beat us in 07-08 said:

"Well, Wright's ankle was busted up, he didnt play"

or

"Well Charles Little didnt play/wasnt right"

or

"Brian Robert's girlfriend just had a baby"

it happens to EVERYBODY. a win is a win is a win is a win.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-07-2014), TA111 (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it is a shame that SLU had to play so many games (30 so far) this year. What an advantage the Flyers had by only having to play 30 games themselves.

As for healthy, who on SLU wasn't healthy? Jordair? He played 29 minutes, exactly 2.5 minutes less than his season average.

No disrespect, but your post might be one of the silliest I have ever read on this board. Tell me this isn't a serious belief or observation.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:17 PM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
This is where a deeper bench helps late in the season. It helps with injuries and fatigue issues. UD's deep bench was a big difference against St. Louis.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
The reason they were EXHAUSTED is because we beat them into the ground in the second half.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-07-2014), jack72 (03-07-2014), westchesterflyer (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Are you serious??? Not sure who wasn't healthy and we have played just as many games as they have. If they were exhausted that's not our problem. Maybe Crews has been playing too few players too many minutes.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (03-07-2014), SLUFLYER (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,459 Times in 777 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Jett hurt his left knee in the 1st half, and he looked like he never fully recovered. I fully agree that you don't give back W's because the other team suffered an injury, but it is something to consider when we consider the Flyers' play. There was plenty of heart and great effort. The team never folded. Regardless of Jett's knee, the team deserves credit.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hyde Park Flyer View Post
Jett hurt his left knee in the 1st half, and he looked like he never fully recovered. I fully agree that you don't give back W's because the other team suffered an injury, but it is something to consider when we consider the Flyers' play. There was plenty of heart and great effort. The team never folded. Regardless of Jett's knee, the team deserves credit.
And Price's knees are 100%.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (03-07-2014), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-07-2014), Radar (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed. It's a good point. I was just really surprised at how tired they looked. They looked like I look when I have to get up at 3:45 to catch a 6 AM flight.
They did look like a tired team, but I don't feel sorry for them. Recruit a bench and give your guys a breather every now and then. Coach as if it is a marathon and not a sprint.

Bottom line, our guys hit their shots when they needed to, made stops when they needed to and moved the ball like we've seen them do. They deserved that win because they played winning basketball Wed night. Bring that type of game every game, and they'll win a lot more than they'll lose.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:42 PM

Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,080 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that team depth helps us win does not taint the win. Depth is a team attribute just like shooting ability, quickness, leaping, defensive tenacity or basketball IQ. On Ash wednesday the sum of all of our team attributes was better than SLU's so we won.