Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Brigadier General

Atlantic10.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Xavier Men's Basketball Ranked 19th By The Sporting News

COURTESY OF ATLANTIC10.COM

Xavier Men's Basketball Ranked 19th By The Sporting News

After winning a program-record 30 games and advancing to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, Xavier is ranked 19th by The Sporting News in its men's basketball preview issue. In addition, Saint Joseph's comes in at No. 32 and Temple 38th.
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,197 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
And UD is ranked where? I really don't much attention to these pre-season polls, but it is good to see that the perception of the A-10 being strong again this year is a good thing.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
I saw this yesterday. And so far, the sporting news is the only pub i've seen that thinks so highly of the hawks this year. Most of the things i've read consider x, charlotte and temple to be near the top. I really hope that all these publications overlooking us is a good thing. Maybe the flyers can sneak up on the experts and have a great year. We've got the talent. We just need a some steady point guard play.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Academy Doolie

XUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these parts
I'm actually suprised that the Sporting News has us at 19. I think Xavier is a top 20 program, but this years team is a top 40 team, but not top 25 at this point. Also Dayton is going to be a lot better than they were last year, and should be in the top 40 conversation.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
2nd Lieutenant

TC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these partsTC88 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Flyer'95 View Post
I saw this yesterday. And so far, the sporting news is the only pub i've seen that thinks so highly of the hawks this year. Most of the things i've read consider x, charlotte and temple to be near the top. I really hope that all these publications overlooking us is a good thing. Maybe the flyers can sneak up on the experts and have a great year. We've got the talent. We just need a some steady point guard play.
Lindy's picked St. Joes to win the A-10.