Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-15-2017, 05:10 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud of
Steady at the helm

I was as frustrated with the UMass loss as anyone. I tried not to yell at the TV during the game. I did not succeed. So I appreciate Archie's reaction to the loss:

“They’ve been through it, and as a coach, you don’t want to beat those guys up,” Miller said. “One loss is one loss. You don’t want to lose twice to the same team because you overreact."

The seasons will always have ups and downs, and Archie provides the steady hand. He'll provide a kick in the pants when it's needed. This wasn't one of those times, and the Flyers rebounded nicely at Duquesne.

http://bit.ly/2jesLrR
Mad Props to Flyer 79 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (01-16-2017)
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought UMass was going to pull it off today at URI, but they couldn't hold it together after getting up fifteen in the first half.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
I thought UMass was going to pull it off today at URI, but they couldn't hold it together after getting up fifteen in the first half.
Hard to beat 8 men.... Refs wouldn't let UMASS play any "D", while letting Rhode do whatever they wanted.... and Rhode hit a couple treys near the end that they probably shouldn't have been taking....
Old 01-16-2017, 01:07 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 79 View Post
I was as frustrated with the UMass loss as anyone. I tried not to yell at the TV during the game. I did not succeed. So I appreciate Archie's reaction to the loss:

“They’ve been through it, and as a coach, you don’t want to beat those guys up,” Miller said. “One loss is one loss. You don’t want to lose twice to the same team because you overreact."

The seasons will always have ups and downs, and Archie provides the steady hand. He'll provide a kick in the pants when it's needed. This wasn't one of those times, and the Flyers rebounded nicely at Duquesne.

http://bit.ly/2jesLrR
As a wise man once told me, don't let one bad decision turn into 2.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not impressed with Kellogg or Hurley, but Hurley had E C Matthews who hit a flurry of shots to put that one away.
Mad Props to Whacker For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-17-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Matthews' flurry cover for the brick parade at the free throw line in the last 2 minutes.