User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Will Wade Mic'd Up

.....but before I get to that, just want to say how f'in happy I am to see the Flyers win the A10 title, and for the efforts of coaches, players and admin that made it all happen.

Whenever the topic of making the NCAA would come up on these msg boards my mantra was always - 'win our conference (as we should more times than not), and the rest takes care of itself.' Glad to see it happen and can't wait to see what these guys can accomplish in March!!!

Now, on to Will Wade being mic'd up for the game. How f'in fantastic was it to hear him, over and over again, say to his bench:

"Whose gonna guard Scoochie?"....."Who's guarding Smith"...."Is anyone gonna guard Scoochie?

I have to have that audio!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-02-2017), SLUFLYER (03-02-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
So thankful Archie is our coach , not Wade. Enough said.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticl...CLID=211513209
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to pmcmullen For This Totally Excellent Post:
FrankStreetFlyer (03-03-2017), fuz_forward (03-03-2017), Smitty10 (03-03-2017), UDBaby (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:50 AM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
To bad they did not include the language that earned the technical.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FrankStreetFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-03-2017), N2663R (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FrankStreetFlyer View Post
To bad they did not include the language that earned the technical.
I thought the same thing (language), but after watching a replay of the game, it wasn't anything WW said to earn the T. He pounded his fist against the rolling sign in front of the scorer's table...that got him T'd up.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 12:02 PM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I thought the same thing (language), but after watching a replay of the game, it wasn't anything WW said to earn the T. He pounded his fist against the rolling sign in front of the scorer's table...that got him T'd up.
Ahh, thanks. I had good eyes on him at the time and did not see that. He actually looked relatively calm to me. I even thought he had a right to complain about the foul that had just been called. It was only a 1 point advantage to us but that seems like a weak T to me.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,340 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FrankStreetFlyer View Post
Ahh, thanks. I had good eyes on him at the time and did not see that. He actually looked relatively calm to me. I even thought he had a right to complain about the foul that had just been called. It was only a 1 point advantage to us but that seems like a weak T to me.
Agreed! I said to my wife that he must have done more than just bang the sign because if not that ref has some thin skin. Very weak T.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:50 PM
General

Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Agreed! I said to my wife that he must have done more than just bang the sign because if not that ref has some thin skin. Very weak T.
I'm betting the sign made an unusually loud noise that startled the ref. If he had struck the padding or the floor I think no T would have been called.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
The 'T' was announced to be on the 'bench' and since Wade didn't lose his coaching box privileges/wasn't forced to sit in a chair the rest of the game, I assumed the 'T' wasn't directly charged to him, but an assistant or player on the bench.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
The 'T' was announced to be on the 'bench' and since Wade didn't lose his coaching box privileges/wasn't forced to sit in a chair the rest of the game, I assumed the 'T' wasn't directly charged to him, but an assistant or player on the bench.
Regardless of what was announced at the arena, it was for punching the sign. The split second WW punches the sign with the ref standing there, the ref snaps his head toward WW and signals the "T". It was not for an assistant nor was it on another player. Totally agree it was a weak "T". Goes along with several weak calls (and non-calls) all game long, both ways. Watch the replay of the "inadvertent whistle" and you see Cunningham get hacked across the arm. Similar to the block/charge double foul during the Purdue vs IU game.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 02:19 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking SNL

Originally Posted by UDBaby View Post

Now, on to Will Wade being mic'd up for the game. How f'in fantastic was it to hear him, over and over again, say to his bench:

"Whose gonna guard Scoochie?"....."Who's guarding Smith"...."Is anyone gonna guard Scoochie?
reminds me of the old SNL skit of Wilt's Chamberlain's 100 point game.
Knicks Coach in the huddle: "Who's got Chamberlain?"
Teammate in Chamberlain's huddle: "Wilt, I'm open. Pass me the ball."
Old 03-03-2017, 03:37 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
reminds me of the old SNL skit of Wilt's Chamberlain's 100 point game.
Knicks Coach in the huddle: "Who's got Chamberlain?"
Teammate in Chamberlain's huddle: "Wilt, I'm open. Pass me the ball."
I like the one where one of Wilt's teammates supposedly said - Wilt and I combined for 108 points. Wilt had 100 - I had 8.