Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
Mikesell

He is new Devin Oliver. Every year he keeps getting better and better. Does anyone know about his earring loss and/or hearing aids? He must be a great role model for the deaf and hearing impaired community. I worked in this community for a number of years and young people in it always needed good role models.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Justin For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (01-06-2017)
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2017, 09:09 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
He is new Devin Oliver. Every year he keeps getting better and better. Does anyone know about his earring loss and/or hearing aids? He must be a great role model for the deaf and hearing impaired community. I worked in this community for a number of years and young people in it always needed good role models.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. He is getting better all of the time. If he gets more consistent with his outside shot, he will be a dandy player the next 2.5 years.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:13 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree, but think XW is improving at the same rate or faster!!!

Double good deal.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (01-06-2017), Justin (01-09-2017), San Diego Flyer (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
What I am liking is that he has been slashing to the basket the last couple of games and has been really effective doing so.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (01-06-2017), rollo (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 09:20 PM
1st Lieutenant

bp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to behold
Posted via Mobile Device
I haven't heard anything about hearing issues. He does have the habit of putting his mouth guard over his ear though. Is that possibly what you saw?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bp For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (01-06-2017), jack72 (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 09:21 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I personally think he improving and looking much better than DMO did at this point in their careers. Whether he can provide the leadership DMO did his senior year is another story.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (01-06-2017), Flyer 86 (01-06-2017), FLYER5 (01-06-2017), rollo (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 09:23 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bp View Post
I haven't heard anything about hearing issues. He does have the habit of putting his mouth guard over his ear though. Is that possibly what you saw?
He has to or he'd chew it to pieces.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:39 PM
1st Lieutenant

CJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the rough
Love his court vision, but a very underrated part of his game is his ability to rebound. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CJ43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (01-07-2017), Flyer 86 (01-06-2017), FLYER5 (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
What I am liking is that he has been slashing to the basket the last couple of games and has been really effective doing so.
On the radio pregame show Archie called out Ryan as being the other slasher that would be needed in Cooke's absence tonight.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:46 PM
General

Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
On the radio pregame show Archie called out Ryan as being the other slasher that would be needed in Cooke's absence tonight.
Mikesell's slashing reminds me more of Sibert's. He is really going to be a treat to watch as he gains experience. It's like when other things aren't quite working, we have a Jim Paxson-lite to go to now.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
This young man is qoing to become one of my favorite players before he's done. The single biggest surprise on the team this year.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ43 (01-06-2017), cobra8u (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I agree, but think XW is improving at the same rate or faster!!!

Double good deal.
I was about to say the same thing. Both of those guys have grown tremendously since last year. I like that both of them play bigger than their heights because of their long arms.
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 10:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I was about to say the same thing. Both of those guys have grown tremendously since last year. I like that both of them play bigger than their heights because of their long arms.
As has Crosby.

Throw a healthy Cunningham into the mix and I worry less about next year than I was a few months ago
Old 01-06-2017, 10:27 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Mikesell really knows how to move without the ball. He is rarely stationary.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (01-06-2017), flyerfanatic86 (01-09-2017), Gazoo (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 10:27 PM
General

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
As has Crosby.

Throw a healthy Cunningham into the mix and I worry less about next year than I was a few months ago
Crosby has grown, but not nearly like the aforementioned two. Sam Miller has also grown a little, his 3 point shots have been big in keeping us from getting too far behind in the first halves. I still worry tremendously for next season because I love the quick defense and transitional offense we've become accustomed to and losing SS, KD, KP and CC is going change the look of this team like never before.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
Which is a big reason I look for Mikesell to get the majority of his 30+ minutes per game at the 3 spot next season. With X and Cunningham at the 4 and 5.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mikesell must be going to movie nights at KP's and KD's pad. Every game that goes by it seems his heart and desire is gaining momentum. URI is no joke. Matthews,Martin,Garrett,Terrell and Iverson is on paper the best starting 5 in the conference. We just beat them without 2 of our best players.

The boys are getting hot. Did anybody really expect this senior class to not go out without out a bang? When Charles gets back and if Cunningham gets back these guys are going to tear the league a new bunghole. Good chance it continues in Pittsburgh. Then dare i say the boys snicker at the 2nd week of the tourney and continue on to the 3rd week...

Who knows, maybe nobody on this website won't give a **** about Reds Opening Day.

I quit doubting Archie and this Senior Class a looooooooong time ago.

Buckle up
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (01-07-2017), Flyer 86 (01-06-2017), FLYER5 (01-06-2017), Justin (01-09-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Grinning because I think we'd have handled them easily with Cooke in the lineup. Anybody remember the last time DD scored in double figures?
Old 01-06-2017, 10:54 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Mikesell must be going to movie nights at KP's and KD's pad. Every game that goes by it seems his heart and desire is gaining momentum. URI is no joke. Matthews,Martin,Garrett,Terrell and Iverson is on paper the best starting 5 in the conference. We just beat them without 2 of our best players.

The boys are getting hot. Did anybody really expect this senior class to not go out without out a bang? When Charles gets back and if Cunningham gets back these guys are going to tear the league a new bunghole. Good chance it continues in Pittsburgh. Then dare i say the boys snicker at the 2nd week of the tourney and continue on to the 3rd week...

Who knows, maybe nobody on this website won't give a **** about Reds Opening Day.

I quit doubting Archie and this Senior Class a looooooooong time ago.

Buckle up
Slow down. There are still plenty of landmines in the A-10.
Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:18 PM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The best thing we have going, that we have had every year with these Seniors, is they know how to finish out close games. That is one thing that remains a constant. And it involves all of them making special play here and there. Mikesell and Xeyrius are playmakers.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:23 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Grinning because I think we'd have handled them easily with Cooke in the lineup. Anybody remember the last time DD scored in double figures?
VMI..
Old 01-06-2017, 11:23 PM
General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
The best thing we have going, that we have had every year with these Seniors, is they know how to finish out close games. That is one thing that remains a constant. And it involves all of them making special play here and there. Mikesell and Xeyrius are playmakers.
Speaking of special plays. Who here felt like I did with the clock running out and KP near the 3 point line toward the end of the game? I thought for sure he was going to heave it, and when he drove for the layup, my emotions totally changed. I think that was the most important play of the game.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (01-07-2017), Gazoo (01-07-2017), jack72 (01-06-2017), redbengal (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:24 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't seen Michigan state play this year but remember all the comparisons to Kyle Athens and who was or will be the better college player. Obviously different situations for each kid, but Ryan has the better stats for now
Old 01-06-2017, 11:25 PM

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Ryan works a back cut like nobody's business.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (01-07-2017), MikeF (01-07-2017), Whacker (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
His movement, positioning, and ability to anticipate on the offensive end remind me of Brooks Hall a bit. I get that every one wants to compare him to Devin Oliver, but I just see Brooks. I think the cool, calm demeanor plays a part too. DMO brought the emotion, and was a little more demonstrative out there, like Kendall is.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:58 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
I don't see how anyone could mistake RM's mouthpiece for a hearing aid. He's got it sticking out of his mouth even more than behind his ear.
I do agree about his play. He is doing great. I wish they could feed his runner under the basket more--beautiful movement.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:41 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Ryan works a back cut like nobody's business.
Loved the one in the second half tonight when he and Scoochie (IIRC) ran a give-n-go and Ryan drove the left baseline for a layin. When I saw that, I yelled "Princeton!"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
We just beat them without 2 of our best players.
3 (Steve)

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Who here felt like I did with the clock running out and KP near the 3 point line toward the end of the game? I thought for sure he was going to heave it, and when he drove for the layup, my emotions totally changed. I think that was the most important play of the game.
My wife thought it was strange when I repeatedly yelled "don't shoot the 3! Don't shoot the 3!!"

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
His movement, positioning, and ability to anticipate on the offensive end remind me of Brooks Hall a bit.
You're right, he's a lot like Brooks. Not the guy who will take over the game in any category, but the guy who will give you some of everything every night. And even when the refs make a ridiculous call like they did several times last night he doesn't lose his cool.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Slow down. There are still plenty of landmines in the A-10.
if i were to slow down i wouldn't be as awesome as i am. Cmon man I'm great...just ask me.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (01-07-2017), rollo (01-07-2017), San Diego Flyer (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
Thank Archie! Player development has been exceptional.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (01-07-2017), Justin (01-09-2017), UDBaby (01-07-2017)