UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Anthony Grant to Florida

This is good news in several ways. If Donovan leaves soon, Grant may be the best option for the Gators. One less tempting option for Arch. If Billy doesn't leave immediately, the perception might be that Florida has the coach-in-waiting that they want.

Then again if Archie got the job, he has the makings of a Dayton staff at Gainesville with Billy Schmidt already there.

http://hoopdirt.com/anthony-grant-re...florida-staff/

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 04-13-2015 at 03:58 PM..
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (04-13-2015), Canonball (04-13-2015), Flyer 86 (04-13-2015), flyer016 (04-14-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-13-2015), Viperstick (04-14-2015)
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Has this ever been posted before? Tears at your heart.. Not the fraternity you ever want to join.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...-secret-sorrow
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (04-14-2015), DallasFlyer (04-13-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-13-2015), Muckem333 (04-14-2015), mwflyer (04-13-2015), San Diego Flyer (04-13-2015)
Old 04-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Has this ever been posted before? Tears at your heart.. Not the fraternity you ever want to join.

This is the kind of story that needs to be told and shared, I just did.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:50 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Great for Anthony. Stellar guy and always a winner!

Flyer Faithful are happy for you. Back in a solid, winning program!

God Bless,
Mike
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (04-14-2015)
Old 04-13-2015, 08:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
A few years ago CBS told this story in a feature leading up to the national semi- finals. All three coaches talked on camera. Anthony was the first of that group to lose a child. I don't know if it was on that show or somewhere else that I heard that Coach Donoher (unfortunately also a member of that fraternity) was instrumental in helping to support Anthony when his child died.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
This is good news in several ways. If Donovan leaves soon, Grant may be the best option for the Gators. One less tempting option for Arch. If Billy doesn't leave immediately, the perception might be that Florida has the coach-in-waiting that they want.

Then again if Archie got the job, he has the makings of a Dayton staff at Gainesville with Billy Schmidt already there.

http://hoopdirt.com/anthony-grant-re...florida-staff/
Another angle: Were Archie to leave Dayton, Anthony Grant is staying relatively available in the assistant's role at UF. I think Grant would be a solid replacement were situations to align.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I respect Anthony as a person, player, and coach. However, I believe if this program is going to continue to go where we all want it to go, we have to have continuity in coaching. Coaches leave, that is D1 basketball. But, to be successful you have got to keep recruits when it happens. That most likely happens if an assistant who participated in the recruiting is promoted. Sorry, I believe we need the next coach to come from Archie's staff.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to IndianaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-14-2015), UACFlyer (12-22-2015)
Old 04-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IndianaFlyer View Post
I respect Anthony as a person, player, and coach. However, I believe if this program is going to continue to go where we all want it to go, we have to have continuity in coaching. Coaches leave, that is D1 basketball. But, to be successful you have got to keep recruits when it happens. That most likely happens if an assistant who participated in the recruiting is promoted. Sorry, I believe we need the next coach to come from Archie's staff.
I agree with this thought process. The only concern that I have is will the top assistants from his staff still be here when the time comes when Archie leaves? I have to say we are in somewhat the minority with having the same staff in tact for the last four years. We are very fortunate - it's an attribute to Archie and the belief in the staff that we are a top tier program. I have to believe our assistants have been contacted for other opportunities.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
Has this ever been posted before?
It was posted before and I read it then. Somehow I can't bring myself to read it again...
Old 04-14-2015, 04:35 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute

It was posted several years back. As someone who has since twice joined that fraternity since I originally read it, it hits a lot closer to home.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
It was posted several years back. As someone who has since twice joined that fraternity since I originally read it, it hits a lot closer to home.

You have my deepest sympathy. I can't even imagine. God bless you and your family.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to IndianaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (04-15-2015), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-15-2015), mwflyer (04-15-2015), San Diego Flyer (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 10:24 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, we have 2 healthy children prior to losing the last 2, so there are many people who have it far, far worse. I'm not sure anything can really prepare you for a still born birth, nor the emotional bludgeoning you go thru for the months following. What you do find out quickly, we were far from alone.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-15-2015), Flyer69ers (04-15-2015), IndianaFlyer (04-15-2015), mwflyer (04-15-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 PM
General

Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Somewhat because I got a handful of positive/supportive comments and PM's from this comment, as well as an opportunity to let others know that have had to deal with this situation like we did, I'm happy to report that a new member of the family was added to the family last week.

As I mentioned back then, we have it far better than many that I've encountered since loosing our first child prior to birth, as we already had 2 healthy kids, but I know this is an issue that many have struggled with and it can be a real kick to the ass emotionally. Children are a true blessing (even if they are a pain in the arse sometimes); I've learned to never take that for granted.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-22-2015), Figgie123 (12-22-2015), Flyer 86 (12-22-2015), rollo (12-22-2015), ruechalgrin (12-22-2015), San Diego Flyer (12-22-2015), springborofan (12-22-2015)