UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Which event had the most +/- effect on the game?
Siberts game-winning 3 23 42.59%
Boise States missed dunk by Webb 3 5.56%
Bobby Wehrli's help defense on semi-uncontested layup 1 1.85%
Refs no-call on Bopise desperation 3 8 14.81%
Sibert's 3rd foul of 1st half, forcing him out for last 7 min 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Boise State Play of the Game

There were a couple of plays that stand out in my mind that were game changers and I'm wondering which one we think most affected he outcome of the win...vote away...
ruechalgrin (03-19-2015)
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for the Ref "no-call" but not for that reason. I think it's worded wrong. (His Highness must be still hung over after the big win.) It should read Kyle Davis' suffocating defense on the last play. I don't think the refs called a good game at all -- both ways. But this (1) was not a foul. (2) Could have been called offensive. And (3) no ref is going to call that minimal contact on the last play of the game either way. There was hardly any contact and it was initiated by the offensive player. You are not going to get a call of any kind in the last 2 seconds under those circumstances.

It was however the play of the game because for 4.7 seconds Kyle came up big defending BSU's best player.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-19-2015), UD Sam (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Captain

Browns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to beholdBrowns is a splendid one to behold
I'd add Pierre losing his pants....UD went on a 13-5 run after that.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Browns For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-19-2015), BeckysTXA (03-19-2015), rollo (03-19-2015), ScottyExpress (03-19-2015), UDEE79 (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:47 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Webb III is the Royal goat....

At 7:35 in the 2nd half, Boise was up 9 when Webb missed that dunk. While that's a lot of time to play, I think the dunk would have demoralized My Team and re-energized Boise...so it got my vote for PotG!

But he also missed a dunk earlier in the half, as shown above and below...

Last edited by rollo; 03-19-2015 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: can't find video of other missed dunk...
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
Missed dunk was huge, JS's 3 was huge, KD's defense was huge, but the thing that had the biggest effect on the game was the 5 fouls called on JS and KD in the first half. Totally changed everything, put us in such a big hole that heroics were required to bail ourselves out of it.
Mad Props to ScottyExpress For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,510 Times in 825 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
When did he miss a dunk in the 1st half?
Old 03-19-2015, 12:59 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
There were a couple of plays that stand out in my mind that were game changers and I'm wondering which one we think most affected he outcome of the win...vote away...
I only read what Rollo posted here (thus voted for what contributed most to the win.)

I didn't see the +/- effect line at the top of the poll -- if so I would have voted for the fouls -- almost did anyway. The fouls determined what kind of game this was going to be and the fact it was going to take big plays to get the win. They were the biggest contributor to the type of game UD was going to have to come up with to get this win.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Sibert's 3. The last score of the game, and the one that put us on top for the win.

Oh, and Pierre mooning...
Old 03-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
I would also include Scoochie's trey to break the fg slump we were in late in the 2nd half. The second loudest roar from the crowd behind Jordan's imo. Also Kyle Davis' defense was great. Primarily because of his hounding they had to tighten things up with their passing and broke up a lot of passing lanes by their pgs. And the team made very few bad fouls imo. Very smart team.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:33 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
pretty sure there WERE 2 MORE missed dunks by Boise. making Webb's or one of the others mighta been a deal breaker.

That SAID, Kyle (and i think Jordan) stifled Marks the last 5 minutes. Like NO breathing room. Was awesome!!

Scoochie's two 3's were incredibly needed and timely also, as we were fading rapidly.

I voted Webb's miss, but there were 3 or 4 other highlights and gamers that i'd like to repeat. CAUSE We WONNNNN!

(Pollard actually had pretty decent offensive game. 'cept for you know what)
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:40 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
True TEam at it again!!

And that guy with headband who was also a walk on. He had some killer 50-50 balls, layups and plays on us.

Boise was unreal. Definitely lacking one more player, but i liked and respected their play, effort, and teamwork. GREAT Coach. Let's get that HOME and HOME booked.... stat!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-19-2015), UD Sam (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
True TEam at it again!!

And that guy with headband who was also a walk on. He had some killer 50-50 balls, layups and plays on us.

Boise was unreal. Definitely lacking one more player, but i liked and respected their play, effort, and teamwork. GREAT Coach. Let's get that HOME and HOME booked.... stat!
I just saw this thread again and thought the exact same thing. That dude was Bobby 2.0. By far the hardest worker on their team.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
I had a play in mind even before this poll, and while every nuance could be critical, I surely thought Darrell Davis' Three was utmost.
He had not shown himself, and then he did when most needed. That was a transformation of player suddenly figuring he belonged.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:51 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Voted for Sibert's 3rd foul. We were outscored 19-4 with him on the bench the last 7:34 of the 1H. I think we actually beat Boise State by 6-10 points if Sibert and Kyle were not in foul trouble.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (03-19-2015), UD Sam (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Pierre's shorts episode brings new meaning to "getting in a guys shorts".
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:56 PM

Thanked 10,176 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
That second missed dunk by Webb was mind boggling. You miss one in the first half, so learn. Then you jump too soon on that one, and hit the side of the rim. Many guys miss on top by hitting the rim, but he hit the side of the rim with no defender.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Someone just posted the comment, "I wouldn't change anything about last year except maybe that run Florida made before the half." under another thread.

That got me thinking about the 2 dozen articles & video clips I have read/watched today. In one of them JS talks about how they were a little down at times last night and he told the guys something like,"No way. If this is going to be the last game we play, then we're going to go out swinging so no one can say we didn't give it our all."

So maybe the biggest contributing factors last night were NCAA EXPERIENCE and SENIOR LEADERSHIP.

We came out of that locker room one determined group and took the lead. Lost it again by 8, but had the experience and leadership to come back yet again to win this game.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2015), ruechalgrin (03-19-2015), Runnin' Rebel (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 02:09 PM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post

So maybe the biggest contributing factors last night were NCAA EXPERIENCE and SENIOR LEADERSHIP.

We came out of that locker room one determined group and took the lead. Lost it again by 8, but had the experience and leadership to come back yet again to win this game.
Two thoughts I had reflecting yours. 1) Very few teams in a game such as last night make a second run to win.
2) Said this a couple times--these guys love Jordan Sibert (He leads).

(and add however it happened)- Darrell Davis denied himself being the weak link, and thus the Flyers did not break. These guys continually pick up each other REALLY .
Mad Props to forego1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 02:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't call it the play in game. ****es me off when others use it.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I'm going to teach you where to pee!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
play of the game, not play-in.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-20-2015), rollo (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
You're showing your age CE80...time for new bifocals!!!
CE80 (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
I vote KD's lockdown D, and Sibert/Pollard/Pierre's leadership during TV breaks. I wish I was a fly on the wall watching those three rally the troops.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:50 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
You're showing your age CE80...time for new bifocals!!!
Bifocals, little blue pills ... I guess I need them all.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
I also thought Pierre's baseline drive to cut it to 3 was really big.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Colonel

ChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to beholdChampCar is a splendid one to behold
Pollard's 3 point bank shot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to ChampCar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ChampCar View Post
Pollard's 3 point bank shot.
Posted via Mobile Device
(My first thought was THAT)

I am so fond of Pollard I DQ him from popularity lists. He practically wins every game for us