Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 04:11 PM
1st Lieutenant

KC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the roughKC Flyer is a jewel in the rough
Streaming VCU Game?

Anyone know if the game will be available online? Daytonflyers.com does not have an active link for video.
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,536 Times in 781 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
In addition, is anyone capturing the the pregame ceremonies and making it available online?? SID office??
Old 02-28-2017, 04:30 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
The site shows CBS Sportsnetwork. Many times you can catch the stream by signing into the CBS site using your cable provider. You'll have to have an account with a password set up.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Captain

PerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the rough
I watched the GM game on Facebook Live, my first time I saw it streamed there. Good quality picture compared to the various streaming I've seen in the past. Anybody know if and when they'll do this again?
Old 02-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
There will not be any legal stream directly from CBS Sports Network. The only exception will be if the game before UD/VCU runs long they will put a stream up. After that first game ends that stream will be taken down. To watch this game you need to have Cable/DirecTV/etc to watch it or go to a bar that does. You might be able to find one of those shady streams with tons of popup ads but I have not tried that in years.

As for the Senior ceremonies I'm sure UD will record it and then hopefully put it up on daytonflyers.com or their youtube page. I'm putting a link to what they did for the women's senior night to show you what they will most likely do, but I'm not making any guarantees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JB65DZdip0
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-28-2017), UD Rugby (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PerrymanFan View Post
I watched the GM game on Facebook Live, my first time I saw it streamed there. Good quality picture compared to the various streaming I've seen in the past. Anybody know if and when they'll do this again?
That all depends on the game and who has the rights too it. The Mason game was a Spectrum game that I guess they decided to let the A10 show on Facebook too. UD has so many games on TV the Facebook Live option isn't used for them a lot. Some other A10 teams use it more because they don't get as many games on NBCSN, ASN, CBSSN, ESPN2. I also think the A10 is testing out using the Facebook Live platform for more stuff instead of the service directly through Atlantic10.com
Old 02-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
CBS seems to use CBS Sports Network as a method of hoarding content and not making it available. They actually are streaming the game on the CBS Sports app. The problem is that only three cable/internet providers have access to the stream. Cox (which is only in parts of the south), Optimum (which I've never heard of), and Wow! (which I've never heard of). So essentially less than one-tenth of one percent is able to watch the game via a stream. No DirecTV. No Spectrum. No Comcast. Just Cox and Wow. As best I can tell, they've just agreed to draw a hard line with it. If they don't get what they want from the cable/sattelite providers, or internet providers, then they are content to just not make it available. I have DirecTV, and I get the network, but I can't watch it on a smart phone or iPad, or computer. I have to watch it at home. Its' one of the only networks that does this, and it's somewhat frustrating.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
I have DirecTV, and I get the network, but I can't watch it on a smart phone or iPad, or computer. I have to watch it at home. Its' one of the only networks that does this, and it's somewhat frustrating.
I'm in the exact same situation. I watch so much sports I've decided DirecTV is the best/easiest solution for me. I never have any issue finding games unless it's on the PAC12 network which I don't think anyone actually gets. Just have to remember to call and threaten to leave every 6 months to get a discount.

I did just come across a new streaming package that Youtube released today that is going to be $35 a month and includes a lot of sports channels. It may be a pretty good option for UD fans to use next year and these streaming service usually don't have a contract so somebody could just subscribe November to April if they wanted to. It even includes CBS Sports Network which isn't on any other streaming service anywhere. The sports channels it is supposed to haver are ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN3, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, Golf, CBSSN, BTN, SEC,

Here is a link to an article about it. https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/28/...ve-tv-service/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (03-02-2017), xubrew (02-28-2017)