Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Colonel

DaytonFlyers.com is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Ud announces frequent flyer faithful attendance incentive program

COURTESY OF THE DAYTONFLYERS.COM

UD ANNOUNCES FREQUENT FLYER FAITHFUL ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAM

A Flyer basketball game is a great event, but this year, the University of Dayton Division of Athletics is adding even more reasons for fans not to miss out on the action. UD is instituting the "Frequent Flyer Faithful" Attendance Incentive Program.
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
why can't they include links with the posts?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I second that but I read it and of course it doesn't apply to those of us out in Flyerburbia, but I just can't help but think how tman is cringing at this incentive plan. The muzzle must be killing him.

eg. "you mean the product is so bad that we have to coax paid tickets to come to the games----dang Kissell!?!"
Old 11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
1st Lieutenant

AQUDXU will become famous soon enoughAQUDXU will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I second that but I read it and of course it doesn't apply to those of us out in Flyerburbia, but I just can't help but think how tman is cringing at this incentive plan. The muzzle must be killing him.

eg. "you mean the product is so bad that we have to coax paid tickets to come to the games----dang Kissell!?!"
My thought was not about the product or Kissell, but the schedule being so bad that paid tickets had to be coaxed to games.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 PM

AdamtheFlyer can only hope to improve
"Season ticket holders never miss games and always WEAR RED. Students need to be coaxed to games, they stink." -- John R
Mad Props to AdamtheFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
udflyerhoops2 (11-15-2008)
Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM

AFflyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
UH OH...you guys better start showing up to vball, football, softball, baseball, track, cross country, gold, swimming, and even intramural sports or you will lose your seats and sit in the 400 section
Old 11-14-2008, 07:14 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Wear Red!!!

Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
"Season ticket holders never miss games and always WEAR RED. Students need to be coaxed to games, they stink." -- John R
Show me when I ever said the students stink?

What stinks is when people like you post False information.

Yes I always say wear Red.

That is the only true statement the other two statemebts by you are false.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
7 pm on a Sunday evening is IMPOSSIBLE! I really don't care who they are playing.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:13 AM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
7 pm on a Sunday evening is IMPOSSIBLE! I really don't care who they are playing.
Because of the distance you have to travel?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:52 AM

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Very little interest in poor games...

Attendance at "buy" games is an issue at all schools that are able to fill so many seats that finances dictate that they play most NC games at home. Since most respectaable teams want one-and-one deals, only the bottom tier teams are willing to play a single game away.

Thus, while a school may sell 10,000 season TX as a package, perhaps 8000 or so will show for what they know is going to be an uninteresting game. Actually, UD is in a better position than most; all too often "buy" games against weak opposition at the Arena turn out to be a bit too "exciting".

Last night I attended UConn's opener against Western Carolina. It wasn't as bad as it could have been; but throughout most of the game UC was up by 20-30 points. And, the best seats in the house, the "100" section, are the ones that are most often empty. The "real" fans, sections "200+" show up no matter what.

It's understandable. I go with my wife and she absolutely hates non-competitive games. Indeed, if she is able to squeeze out of me that the game is going to be a rout often we won't go; and we've found it very difficult to give the TX away. No one really enjoys blow-outs.

So, by taking steps to encourage attendance I think UD is ahead of the curve. College athletic events are supposed to be entertaining. Anything that can be done to make the games more entertaining and/or to enhance attendance is sensible, in my opinion.

In fact, while revenue is not an issue, I am surprised and disappointed that UD is not more aggressive promoting its outstanding football team, even if that means giving away thousands of TX in some sort of promotion. If UD gave away 10,000 TX, let's say, no doubt on the order of 1000 would be used. Whatever, after a little experimentation UD would know how many TX it has to give away to attract 3000 additional fans to a football game. Add 3000 to the ~4500 that usually show up, and WS becomes a rockin place on game day.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:38 AM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Unhappy Are you serious?

Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Attendance at "buy" games is an issue at all schools that are able to fill so many seats that finances dictate that they play most NC games at home. Since most respectaable teams want one-and-one deals, only the bottom tier teams are willing to play a single game away.

Thus, while a school may sell 10,000 season TX as a package, perhaps 8000 or so will show for what they know is going to be an uninteresting game. Actually, UD is in a better position than most; all too often "buy" games against weak opposition at the Arena turn out to be a bit too "exciting".

Last night I attended UConn's opener against Western Carolina. It wasn't as bad as it could have been; but throughout most of the game UC was up by 20-30 points. And, the best seats in the house, the "100" section, are the ones that are most often empty. The "real" fans, sections "200+" show up no matter what.

It's understandable. I go with my wife and she absolutely hates non-competitive games. Indeed, if she is able to squeeze out of me that the game is going to be a rout often we won't go; and we've found it very difficult to give the TX away. No one really enjoys blow-outs.

So, by taking steps to encourage attendance I think UD is ahead of the curve. College athletic events are supposed to be entertaining. Anything that can be done to make the games more entertaining and/or to enhance attendance is sensible, in my opinion.

In fact, while revenue is not an issue, I am surprised and disappointed that UD is not more aggressive promoting its outstanding football team, even if that means giving away thousands of TX in some sort of promotion. If UD gave away 10,000 TX, let's say, no doubt on the order of 1000 would be used. Whatever, after a little experimentation UD would know how many TX it has to give away to attract 3000 additional fans to a football game. Add 3000 to the ~4500 that usually show up, and WS becomes a rockin place on game day.
What?

Don't go to the games because your wife says so.

Last edited by John R; 11-15-2008 at 11:40 AM..
Old 11-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Major

LebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by John R View Post
What?

Don't go to the games because your wife says so.
Are you a marriage counselor now too?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:03 PM

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Men's & Women's BB TX

That's right John, I'm a bit henpecked.

Actually, with season TX to BOTH men's and women's games,....that's 35 games John, in about 14 weeks,....more than two games a week on average. Sometimes three days in a row, often two days in a row, and usually once a season two games on the same day.

And the women's Big East tournament is played in Hartford, meaning four more games in four successive days,....and every other year or so, incl this year, the first two games of the women's NCAAs are played in CT.

That's a lot of basketball John. Frankly, when my wife balks, often I'm relieved. It can get tiring even if the teams are in the Top 10. What we want is interesting, exciting games. And we would rather see a loss in overtime than a 30 point win. Just our opinion.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by LebronJames View Post
Are you a marriage counselor now too?
Why do you need more help again?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 PM

My opinion andv I'm sure many others

That's right John, I'm a bit henpecked.

Actually, with season TX to BOTH men's and women's games,....that's 35 games John, in about 14 weeks,....more than two games a week on average. Sometimes three days in a row, often two days in a row, and usually once a season two games on the same day.

And the women's Big East tournament is played in Hartford, meaning four more games in four successive days,....and every other year or so, incl this year, the first two games of the women's NCAAs are played in CT.

That's a lot of basketball John. Frankly, when my wife balks, often I'm relieved. It can get tiring even if the teams are in the Top 10. What we want is interesting, exciting games. And we would rather see a loss in overtime than a 30 point win. Just our opinion.
You can take your losses in overtime I'm never happy with a loss.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
You can take your losses in overtime I'm never happy with a loss.
It's been my experience that you are never happy in general. At least not with posts on this board that aren't by you.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
It's been my experience that you are never happy in general. At least not with posts on this board that aren't by you.
If you're happy with a overtime loss then a blow out win thats your problem.

I'm happy every time I get posters like you to respond to my posts.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
If you're happy with a overtime loss then a blow out win thats your problem.

I'm happy every time I get posters like you to respond to my posts.
I never stated that I would rather have an OT loss, so I'm not sure what you are referencing. I just commented that you tend to be negative to many posts on here.

And if you would rather get posters "like me" to respond to you rather than contribute to substantive discussion about Flyer basketball, well that just seems self-centered and antithetical to the approach most posters here take.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Attendance at "buy" games is an issue at all schools that are able to fill so many seats that finances dictate that they play most NC games at home. Since most respectable teams want one-and-one deals, only the bottom tier teams are willing to play a single game away.
What??? I thought UD was the only school in the country that was concerned with finances.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Major

singlet_of_truth is a jewel in the roughsinglet_of_truth is a jewel in the roughsinglet_of_truth is a jewel in the roughsinglet_of_truth is a jewel in the rough
If anyone needs any indication as to why John R was banned from the other UD board this thread is pretty good start (if you haven't ventured a guess yet). It is quite an accomplishment to get banned from a board that actually charges you a fee to read and post.