Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-13-2018, 03:48 AM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
ESPN Halftime Report

Last night was the first time I can recall seeing a halftime show never once show a first half highlight, show the halftime score, preview the second half, or even mention either of the teams who were involved in the contest they were broadcasting. I eagerly awaited to see what reactions the studio guys - especially Crean - might have about the Flyers dropping 66 on the Rams at half. But they went right into a preview of tomorrow’s Top 25 action and never bothered to recognize their own game. It was almost like they were ashamed to have this game on the slate.

I am thrilled that the game aired on ESPN2 and I get that they want to promote Saturday Top 25 hoops on the networks of ESPN. But to not even acknowledge such a rare offensive achievement in the very game you’re broadcasting? I’m befuddled. Not cool, ESPN.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (01-13-2018), jack72 (01-13-2018)
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2018, 04:34 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
Last night was the first time I can recall seeing a halftime show never once show a first half highlight, show the halftime score, preview the second half, or even mention either of the teams who were involved in the contest they were broadcasting. I eagerly awaited to see what reactions the studio guys - especially Crean - might have about the Flyers dropping 66 on the Rams at half. But they went right into a preview of tomorrow’s Top 25 action and never bothered to recognize their own game. It was almost like they were ashamed to have this game on the slate.

I am thrilled that the game aired on ESPN2 and I get that they want to promote Saturday Top 25 hoops on the networks of ESPN. But to not even acknowledge such a rare offensive achievement in the very game you’re broadcasting? I’m befuddled. Not cool, ESPN.
That is odd. But in all honesty, it never made sense to me for them to spend their half time show showing the viewers what they just saw(multiple times with replay). If I'm not a VCU or Flyers fan and I was just watching the game passively(which is the point of nationally televised games), I would prefer to see other things.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 06:12 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like last year they'd give some analysis on the game but maybe with neither team being in the running for an at large bid that effects it

I realize the game got out of hand but the announcers seemed to wander in focus
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2018, 07:42 AM
2nd Lieutenant

116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light
I’m assuming the half-time show was taped Friday afternoon and not live. Still pretty s**tty if you ask me. Plus, there’s no highlights from the game on the ESPN app this morning! I mean what?! This game aired on ESPN2 for Pete’s sake! Budget cuts at ESPN taking its toll...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 116 Chambers For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (01-13-2018), Flyer 86 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 08:09 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 116 Chambers View Post
I’m assuming the half-time show was taped Friday afternoon and not live. Still pretty s**tty if you ask me. Plus, there’s no highlights from the game on the ESPN app this morning! I mean what?! This game aired on ESPN2 for Pete’s sake! Budget cuts at ESPN taking its toll...
I'm 99% sure it was taped also.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
The entire game is available on the ESPN ap...and you can ff thru the lousy halftime show
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2018, 09:06 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
More Allie LaForce...
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
You may get your wish as a slew of upcoming Flyer games are on CBSSN
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
ESPN is having a cow after that dog of a game. We loved it, loved it, but the the national audience, and even some VCU fans turned it off. ESPN is about viewers and money, and a little social lecturing.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDEE79 (01-13-2018)