User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,619 Times in 5,098 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Duquesne @ UD Thoughts

That was a heck of a game to watch. Duquesne played very well. We played well, IMO. The crowd helped bring home the win. The commentator on television with Mark Adams said the hair on his arms was standing up after the "We Will Rock You" time-out during the UD comeback. Classic game.
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
1) The game was a classic. If you were not at the arena, you missed a good one.
2) The new Duquesne Athletic Director has to be very disappointed. He thought they were going to steal a win.
3) Fans hated the refs tonight. Very angry,
4) Duke guards are the real deal. Every team in the A10 has one hot shot guard. They have two!
5) If this game was played at Duquesne, UD loses. It was not. UD won. The crowd causes opponents to unravel at the end of the game. Chalk up an other UD arena crowd win. The Dayton Decibel Dungeon as Mark Adams calls it. He was in the house tonight.

If you would say, Kendall, Dyshawn and Steve would have bad to mediocre games, you would say UD loses. UD wins.

Charles Cooke continues to amaze. Early in the year, I commented that he struggles to finish around the rim. Not tonight. Great finishes at the rim. Good defense in the second half.

Great end of game spark from Kyle. How many times has he done that? Amazing plays by him on both ends of the floor.

Freshman played well in the first half while Pierre and Pollard were on the the bench.

Free throw shooting was awful. They made the last 60 seconds a nail biter. Again... Turned a 5 point lead into a 2 point win with a desperation heave that felt too close.

3 point shooting was subpar. The exact opposite of the George Mason game. I wondered if the easy GM win put UD into false complaceny. Duquense was fired up for this game. They werer dunking hard during warm ups.

Duqusens was shooting 75% from the field at one point in the first half. UD came out flat. Duquesne came out fired up. Dodged the bullet.

Scoochie was 3-9 from the line, but hits the go ahead 3 to start the win! Go figure...

Sam Miller now giving the big that can shoot the 3. Creates another problem for defenses. He had some great plays and some freshman plays. But we needed his contribution. Nice.

Steve continues to struggle against good, quick strong centers. He was ill this week, but he needs to hit the weight hard this summer and get better strength to finish around the rim. he can still block shots and rebound, but he did little tonight.

The team is a good defensive team but gets burned so many times on the high pick and roll. The Dukes used that play well, till the last 5 minutes of the game. Archie has to be bothered that this play still haunts the defense.

Great mid court trap with 47 seconds left. Duquense is out of time outs. UD traps Mason at midcourt and he throws it away in desperation! Great trap.

What a game!!! I hope the team has legs for Rhose Island. This game was very physical as witnessed by how unhappy both coaches and the fans were.
It was also an emotional roller coaster for everyone.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (02-10-2016), BmoreFlyer (02-10-2016), frisco flyer (02-09-2016), fuz_forward (02-10-2016), Glen Clark (02-09-2016), MrsFlyerFanatic (02-10-2016), Runnin' Rebel (02-10-2016), UDBaby (02-10-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Great game, although very scary. I'm so glad Mason didn't play last month. I was at that game and believe me--we wouldn't have had a chance in hell of winning with his 3s raining down like a monsoon. Our team has improved so much and their concentration saves the day. No team is ever perfect, but continuous improvement is the key.
I was very proud of Sam again. He's making the most of his minutes and his defense is getting better. The guys behind me are not the regular people. One of them is from out of town and hadn't really seen a game since early in the season. When Sam let his first 3 fly, the fan yelled, "Nooo!" Swish! I turned around and said, "YES!" I told him Sam had hit 3 of 4 3s last Sat. Right away Sam hit another 3 and then a 2. The guy said, "OK. You're right. He can shoot." Constant improvement is the name of the game.
Mad Props to 66flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TrueTeam (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 10:54 PM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Flyers had no energy and were goofing around during warmups. They came out flat missing layups and not defending.

Cooke slowed down Mason after KD kept going underneath the picks and Mason kept drilling the threes.

In the 2nd half the Dukes made some tough shots and every three they made (6 of them) was from at least 5 feet beyond the arc.

The Flyers pushing the ball all game paid dividends in the last 5 minutes as the Dukes struggled getting back on defense and moving their feet.

Eventually the missed foul shots are going to cost a game or more.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (02-10-2016), San Diego Flyer (02-10-2016), SeasonTicketFan (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 10:56 PM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot to note two other interest items.
The number 6.

1) Turnovers for the game by UD 6! Most excellent.
2) Assists by Pierre - also 6.

They did what they needed to do to win. They were very far from their A game, part UD, part Duquesne, but chalk up a W.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 11:12 PM
General

Thanked 4,540 Times in 2,057 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

They only won by three against a 7-17 team with zero wins in conference and an RPI nudging 200 . . .
Oh, wait - I'm looking at #9 North Carolina.
My bad.

Flyer 86 (02-10-2016), Garson (02-10-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-09-2016), San Diego Flyer (02-10-2016), SeasonTicketFan (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
I really love this team. But our guards can't afford too many more games like that from the line. The Dukes played great but we missed 13 out of 28 FTs and scoochie, Cooke and Davis missed 10 of their 20! They just hit 15 of 20 and the end of the game is completely different.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to AC91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-09-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
The streaky FT shooting drives me crazy. One game we hit almost all of them, the next miss in double digits. If they had hit even half of of the missed FTs and half of the missed easy lay-ups, the game would have been a run-away.
They better get it together fast for Fri. I hope they can keep up the pace with so little time between games. I figure since this was a bad FT game, they're due for a good one Friday. Right? )
Old 02-10-2016, 12:56 AM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a game recap from the Dukes website. It has a couple of quotes from their HC:
http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-b...020916aac.html

...and another one from the Pittsburg Post-Gazette:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/d...s/201602100052

Last edited by frisco flyer; 02-10-2016 at 01:01 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (02-10-2016), Bob G (02-10-2016), Whacker (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 07:00 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Cbusflyer07 has a spectacular aura aboutCbusflyer07 has a spectacular aura aboutCbusflyer07 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
The streaky FT shooting drives me crazy. One game we hit almost all of them, the next miss in double digits. If they had hit even half of of the missed FTs and half of the missed easy lay-ups, the game would have been a run-away.
They better get it together fast for Fri. I hope they can keep up the pace with so little time between games. I figure since this was a bad FT game, they're due for a good one Friday. Right? )

God I hope so. If not, it'll be a loooong night.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2016, 07:50 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
The game will be shown twice again today on different sports channels, 9am and 3pm
Old 02-10-2016, 08:24 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,485 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Two great coaching decisions won the game:

1. Moving Cooke to guard Mason in the first half slowed him down enough for us to compete on a night he was light's-out-hot coming out of the gate.

2. And like SeasonTicketFan said above: "Great mid court trap with 47 seconds left. Duquense is out of time outs. UD traps Mason at midcourt and he throws it away in desperation! Great trap."

The guys on the floor have to execute, but these two defensive decisions by Archie won this game.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBaby (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
1) Great end of game spark from Kyle. How many times has he done that? Amazing plays by him on both ends of the floor.
Enough that we're probably 17-6 right now without him.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Captain

CJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
The game will be shown twice again today on different sports channels, 9am and 3pm
What channels? I can't find it.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2016, 08:52 AM

Thanked 15,916 Times in 6,997 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the rest of the story that glen omitted....

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
They only won by three against a 7-17 team with zero wins in conference and an RPI nudging 200 . . .
Oh, wait - I'm looking at #9 North Carolina.
My bad.
I wonder if Head Coach Roy Williams collapsing onto the floor in the 2nd half and having to be taken to the locker room for the rest of the game had anything to do with the result...
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
Can't find it. Do you know the channels?
Old 02-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Captain

1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold
Anyone else catch the ESPN scroll last night that showed "Colter misses 3-pointer at buzzer" rather than, I don't know, Cooke 22 pts 8 reb?
Old 02-10-2016, 09:21 AM
General

Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,136 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
They had Cooke's stat lines, typically, they have a stat line or in this case a fact about each team for the top 25 game scroll.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 AM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
We have some of the best defensive guards in basketball, and yet these guys go off of career games. The challenge of being Top 20. Some of those threes were so far out those two could not have seen the NBA three point line from there.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
You have to remember that NONE of these teams get to play in front of that many people and for many of them they play in front of 13K for a combined 3-4 games...Every team that comes in here is playing in their SB game and that's when UD is barely a top 40-50 team let alone a top 20 team.

They have the bulls eye on their back constantly at home and they have to stop thinking that they can just show up and the crowd intensity will carry them thru.....Those 2 Dukie guards are as good a tandem as there is in the country....

UD half court offense just has lots of stifling possessions when you have both KP and KD in there together and when another team gets hot then they're in for a serious night from an opponent.....

When UD started to push the ball they simply had no one that could stop the "Pete Rose" of this team in Kyle Davis...He was a man beyond belief defensively the 2nd half and offensively.. A will-to-win that just is unmatched.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 09:50 AM
General

Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,136 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
UD came out of the gate sluggish, sluggish on offense,sluggish on defense. A quick TO and Archie got things in order. For the most part, I thought UD's defense was solid. Credit to Duquesne, they hit a number of shots you would have given any team on any night, but they also had a number of solid offensive sets and backdoor cuts that gave UD fits. They played tough defense and frankly I think UD got the benefit of the calls from the refs.

Overall, it was the first time that I recall UD getting the other teams "A" game while they were ranked and digging down and finding a way to win. A highly entertaining game. On to Rhode Island.

Also, wanted to add, that entry pass from Pollard into Big Steve was awesome. Hopefully a sign of things to come the next season +.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1903 Flyer View Post
Anyone else catch the ESPN scroll last night that showed "Colter misses 3-pointer at buzzer" rather than, I don't know, Cooke 22 pts 8 reb?
Yep! Saw that and had to laugh. The missed 3 pt'er was from 75 feet??!!

I'm just surprised it didn't say "despite 27 pts from Micah Mason"

How about: "Dayton ends game on 19-5 run to Dufeat Duquesne"

Last edited by Radar; 02-10-2016 at 09:59 AM..
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
1903 Flyer (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 10:08 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post

UD half court offense just has lots of stifling possessions when you have both KP and KD in there together and when another team gets hot then they're in for a serious night from an opponent.....
I'm confused, are you saying that they have better possessions with Baby D in the game with Pollard?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I'm confused, are you saying that they have better possessions with Baby D in the game with Pollard?
Where did I say that exactly? Didn't say it was better with anybody else just that they struggle in the HC with many possessions with 2 guys that pass up open shots and are not good shooters..
Old 02-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Academy Doolie

UD Rugby will become famous soon enoughUD Rugby will become famous soon enough
Watching Game

Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Can't find it. Do you know the channels?
I'm visiting the in-laws in DC area...I'm watching it again on MASN. Just got to the point where the Dukes are about to make a run at end of game. Still nervous that the Flyers aren't gonna come back.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:24 AM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Where did I say that exactly? Didn't say it was better with anybody else just that they struggle in the HC with many possessions with 2 guys that pass up open shots and are not good shooters..
You said that they struggle when KD and KP are in there together which a normal person would take to mean that they both do better when the other one's not in there.

How many minutes is Wehrli getting these days?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
You said that they struggle when KD and KP are in there together which a normal person would take to mean that they both do better when the other one's not in there.

How many minutes is Wehrli getting these days?
Are you really that normal person? The one that thinks KD is a good shooter and "barely" missed most of his 3's last year when any normal person would see that almost all of his misses aren't rolling in and out and hugging the rim but clanking off the rim or even being air-balled..And the one that questioned Charles Cooke earlier in the year even being a starter?

But go ahead and announce that I despise KD like you do anytime anyone says anything remotely constructive about his game..
Old 02-10-2016, 10:54 AM
General

Are you really that normal person? The one that thinks KD is a good shooter and "barely" missed most of his 3's last year when any normal person would see that almost all of his misses aren't rolling in and out and hugging the rim but clanking off the rim or even being air-balled..And the one that questioned Charles Cooke earlier in the year even being a starter?

But go ahead and announce that I despise KD like you do anytime anyone says anything remotely constructive about his game..
You're the one who said Wehrli will get 12 minutes a game. KD's shots are improving. And as I questioned Cooke being anointed as starter before any of us saw him perform like he is now, you said the same about KD. Guess what, they are both starters as should be.

Anyway, since you're not commenting on the Wehrli thing, I guess you think he will be a starter very soon since that's what it will take to get that 12 minute average.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Here's a game recap from the Dukes website. It has a couple of quotes from their HC:
http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-b...020916aac.html

...and another one from the Pittsburg Post-Gazette:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/d...s/201602100052
Duquesne basketball is so important in the city of Pittsburgh that "their" coverage of the game is the AP wire story. Says a lot about the degree to which the Dukes bring the Pittsburgh market, and the lot of newspapers today.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
forego1 (02-10-2016), San Diego Flyer (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
From UDdoug's link > Jim Ferry: "..they are playing like a Top 10 team right now and it showed defensively in those last five minutes."

Every player was engaging and getting after it, more so than anytime before.

That arena buzz was amazing.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:27 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I wonder if Head Coach Roy Williams collapsing onto the floor in the 2nd half and having to be taken to the locker room for the rest of the game had anything to do with the result...
Good thing for Roy that those medical personnel attended real classes for real grades. Apparently not UNC grads.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MrFlyerFanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (02-10-2016), rollo (02-10-2016), Runnin' Rebel (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 02:49 PM

Thanked 10,181 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Roy had a Vertigo attack, which is not his first, but the timing was interesting with his team down 5 to a terrible team.