UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Besides the refs, who helped my Flyers defeat Davidson the most last night?
Cooke 17/6 6a, 2st, 1bl 9 7.50%
XWilliams 17/7 1st, 2 bl 5 4.17%
Scoochie 17/4 5a, 1st 41 34.17%
Sir Kendall Pollard 18/12 4st 64 53.33%
KDavis 7/6 and 4/4 FTs 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2017, 07:07 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,910 Times in 6,994 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden Thanks the Refs Award - Davidson

Anyone who says the refs hate UD is backtracking right now...and anyone who cheered for Davidson thinks A10 refs s*ck. Regardless, we escaped with a much needed 'W' and now can focus on VCU and the #1 seed in the A10 tourney.

There were a couple heroes last night but only 1 can walk away with the Golden Award...vote away Flyer fans.

King Rollo the Forceful...OUT!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,216 Times in 548 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted to vote for the whole team. Without Kyle, Kendall, Cooke, and Williams Dayton doesn't make to OT. Without Smith they don't win. Went with Smith.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 07:37 AM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I thought Davidson just didn't attack the basket or move their feet on D, mostly their big men. It was their big men racking up the fouls because they were too slow. They were jump shooters most of the night.

Davidson was called for 7 more team fouls than UD and the last 3-4 of those were intentional to stop the clock in OT, so the foul differential was a small number.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 07:43 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie scored 11 in OT, so went with him. Otherwise, it was a total team effort.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:45 AM
Major General

priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
You know, Rollo is really making me think about my irrational hatred of the refs and reevaluate my personality and priorities....

Said no one ever.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-25-2017), ruechalgrin (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 07:54 AM
1st Lieutenant

mook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura about
I didn't get to watch the early game, but Bucky made it sound like we were attacking their bigs early and they kept getting busted for contact. Overall I thought the Flyers maybe didn't get some of those calls in the second half. But the fouls were roughly even and we had two of our best playing close to the last ten minutes with 4 fouls.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:11 AM
2nd Lieutenant

BigMacFlyer is a jewel in the roughBigMacFlyer is a jewel in the roughBigMacFlyer is a jewel in the roughBigMacFlyer is a jewel in the rough
I voted for Kendall because of his work ethic and high energy inside the paint. We had to get to overtime for Scoochie time and everyone contributed throughout the game except for Josh. I think the turning point was me leaving the bar and getting home to my lucky chair and froze myself in the lucky position at the 8 minute mark in the second half.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:12 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Lot of good play by a lot of guys last night.

Cooke led us in assists, played very good defense, had a couple steals, and was very, very good.

Scooch had a subpar game until overtime and then absolutely took the game over.

Xeyrius had a very very good first half and a pretty good second. Banging the three midway through the first half right after jacking up a terrible transition 3 was fantastic.

But Pollard absolutely put the team on his back in the last 8 minutes and refused to lose. He went for every loose ball. He double teamed aggressively and got a couple steals. He made every post entry pass miserable. He crashed the glass. He became our entire offense - clearing out and taking the slower Wildcat bigs off the dribble. He should have had two and-1s, but got neither, then juuuust missed one that would have actually counted. Diving on the floor for the loose ball and calling timeout was just awesome (props to Cooke for poking it away to set up the 50/50 ball). When nobody else could or would shut down Aldridge, he did. He out-toughed, out-hustled, and out-willed everyone else out there in the last 7-8 minutes of regulation. And of course Scoochie had the onions to make the threes, but the threes as well as his backdoor layup in OT were set up because the defense was paying so much attention to Pollard down low. Scooch sets a down screen and pops up to the top of the key - pick your poison.

Kyle D made his usual array of big plays - his 3 to cut it to 72-70 was confident. He soared high for a big rebound in OT. He banged in his freebies in OT.

But Pollard would get my player of the game vote. That's senior leadership.
Posted via Mobile Device
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (02-25-2017), BigMacFlyer (02-25-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-25-2017), Flyer14 (02-25-2017), Gazoo (02-25-2017), ruechalgrin (02-25-2017), Runnin' Rebel (02-25-2017), shocka43 (02-25-2017), Smitty10 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 08:14 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhh, c'mon you bunch of homers...the home team shoots 19 FTs and the visitors shoot 45! If that happened at UD there would be 4 threads discussing the refs and nothing but the refs. I bet the DavidsonPride site is loaded with criticism of the officials...which is unfounded. One-sided or not, I thought is was called fair.

Regardless, Sir Kendall's double-double earned the Golden vote....again!

All Hail King Rollo and Sir Kendall!!!!

Last edited by rollo; 02-25-2017 at 08:18 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (02-25-2017), Figgie123 (02-25-2017), NovaFlyer (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 08:18 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Scoooooooooooooooooooochie Smith for 3 cubed!
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Cooke

had a great game. His all around game was magnificent and worthy of First Team All-A10.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (02-25-2017), Runnin' Rebel (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:00 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,682 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Some very good options. Scoochie owned the OT. Cooke was the guy (again) who put the clamps on the opponent's most dangerous outside scorer (last weekend Adams; this weekend Gibbs). But yes, KR, I had to go with Kendall. He dove for loose balls, tipped-away entry passes, drove for buckets, crashed the glass, and generally did everything you hope a Senior leader would do (other than going 6/11 from the line). After thoughtful consideration, I went with Kendall.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2017, 09:02 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Ohhh, c'mon you bunch of homers...the home team shoots 19 FTs and the visitors shoot 45! If that happened at UD there would be 4 threads discussing the refs and nothing but the refs. I bet the DavidsonPride site is loaded with criticism of the officials...which is unfounded. One-sided or not, I thought is was called fair.

Regardless, Sir Kendall's double-double earned the Golden vote....again!

All Hail King Rollo and Sir Kendall!!!!
If we had a team full of unathletic white guy shooters who can't defend, I sure wouldn't complain. And they shouldn't either.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
If we had a team full of unathletic white guy shooters who can't defend, I sure wouldn't complain.
C-time (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
If we had a team full of unathletic white guy shooters who can't defend, I sure wouldn't complain. And they shouldn't either.
Oh so now we turn this into a racial thingy. If anyone on here would have made a comment regarding black players all hell would break loose.

Just so happens those slow white guys blew past our athletic black and white guys with cutters so fast we couldn't foul them if we wanted to.

Our game plan was different from theirs. We attacked the middle in hopes of getting a and one, which we did. There game plan was to slice our middle with cutters and a perimeter game. Had our defense not been so anemic on stopping the cutters they might have gotten some and one's.

Toward the end of the game when UD was making their comeback the refs decided to let the players decide the game. Previous fouls on both ends were now not being called. Seen this alot with other games where refs let players decide the game.

BIG difference between UD and DU....we have a team, DU has two players.
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:47 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,587 Times in 3,712 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
On more than one occasion I have refused to vote for Sir Kendall due to him only getting a couple rebounds in the game. Guess that excuse is out the window last night. The most impressive stat for Sir Kendall, he was a plus 23 in his 35 minutes on the court! Thanks Figgie for the +/-!

Has KP ever played a better game for our Flyers?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (02-25-2017), rollo (02-25-2017), ruechalgrin (02-25-2017), Smitty10 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:50 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Rollo this Ref thinks there was some bad officiating last night and he made videos to train you and your officiating brethren.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rayther...view=0&sort=dd
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 AM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=THirt;490394]Lot of good play by a lot of guys last night.

But Pollard absolutely put the team on his back in the last 8 minutes and refused to lose. He went for every loose ball. He double teamed aggressively and got a couple steals. He made every post entry pass miserable. He crashed the glass. He became our entire offense - clearing out and taking the slower Wildcat bigs off the dribble. He should have had two and-1s, but got neither, then juuuust missed one that would have actually counted. Diving on the floor for the loose ball and calling timeout was just awesome (props to Cooke for poking it away to set up the 50/50 ball). When nobody else could or would shut down Aldridge, he did. He out-toughed, out-hustled, and out-willed everyone else out there in the last 7-8 minutes of regulation. And of course Scoochie had the onions to make the threes, but the threes as well as his backdoor layup in OT were set up because the defense was paying so much attention to Pollard down low. Scooch sets a down screen and pops up to the top of the key - pick your poison.

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE

Anyone care to see what a senior who refuses to lose? Watch the last 8 min of regulation. Wow.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:02 AM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
How good can this team be?

Look at Cooke's & X's stat's, and they're nowhere near winning the poll for this game.

What. A. Team.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget Pollard's defense on Aldridge at crucial junctures. X and Mikesell had a hard time guarding him all night. Pollard was the most effective defender on him and Archie seemed to use him at key moments.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:24 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,682 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

Look at Cooke's & X's stat's, and they're nowhere near winning the poll for this game.

What. A. Team.
And yet, without Cooke's defense on Gibbs and timely offense, and X's "prequel" to the Scoochie OT Show near the end of the first half, we probably don't get to OT. I would have voted "TEAM WIN" if that was an option.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:57 AM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Hey Rollo this Ref thinks there was some bad officiating last night and he made videos to train you and your officiating brethren.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rayther...view=0&sort=dd
I think the guy is technically true on most of those, but, even the defense isn't complaining. A "slur" of the rules is accepted by all.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I think the guy is technically true on most of those, but, even the defense isn't complaining. A "slur" of the rules is accepted by all.
I didn't watch all of them. I just found it interesting that there is a guy who watches random college games and then makes youtube videos critiquing the refs.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 11:10 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Pollard played his greatest game as a Flyer. Scooch can't get my vote when he didn't show up until OT because that means it was out of his hands to get us there. I think it's a no-brainer. Kendall Pollard won this game for the Flyers. I don't know if the Flyers would've found another way to score if Scooch didn't hit those threes, I do know the Flyers would've lost without KP.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-25-2017), Jeff (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 11:45 AM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

What. A. Team.
On top of that, KD played his usual great, consistent game, sometimes enough to get him the most votes, other times he gets zero for the same performance. Shows just how reliable he really is. My favorite player.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Write in vote for Archie.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
BIG difference between UD and DU....we have a team, DU has two players.
Yes, two good players and then a team full of slow unathletic shooters who are mostly white. We could keep up with everyone not named Gibbs or Aldridge.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,336 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
This was a tough decision to make. I read everybody else's comments and tried to take it all in to make my decision.

Cooke = Great all around game, which is sort of becoming the norm. He hasn't had any huge scoring games since early in the season but he is certainly doing a little of everything.

Kyle = What else can you say about this guy. He's just there consistently every game doing things that don't show up on the stat sheet yet impacting the out come of the game.

X = This guy just keeps getting better and showed how confident he was in that first half when he carried us for a stretch to get us a halftime lead.

Scooch = Wow! what an overtime. Nothing surprises me with this guy anymore as he just does whatever it takes to win games.

The Cros = Not even in the poll but his contributions last night are not to be overlooked.

But my vote goes to:
KP = Best all around game of the year last night, probably of his career. He was a beast last night and played with such energy and determination. I hope he continues to bring that same game for the remainder of what will be a magical run if he does!

Great team win last night!
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 01:08 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Then why have "rules". We found the refs about average last night. Dayton's missed shots for much of the game were our topic of conversation. Nice finish and OT.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:10 PM
General

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
This was a tough decision to make. I read everybody else's comments and tried to take it all in to make my decision.

Cooke = Great all around game, which is sort of becoming the norm. He hasn't had any huge scoring games since early in the season but he is certainly doing a little of everything.

Kyle = What else can you say about this guy. He's just there consistently every game doing things that don't show up on the stat sheet yet impacting the out come of the game.

X = This guy just keeps getting better and showed how confident he was in that first half when he carried us for a stretch to get us a halftime lead.

Scooch = Wow! what an overtime. Nothing surprises me with this guy anymore as he just does whatever it takes to win games.

The Cros = Not even in the poll but his contributions last night are not to be overlooked.

But my vote goes to:
KP = Best all around game of the year last night, probably of his career. He was a beast last night and played with such energy and determination. I hope he continues to bring that same game for the remainder of what will be a magical run if he does!

Great team win last night!
Spot on with my opinion. Let me say this about Cooke. I've been his biggest critic because he didn't seem to want to share the ball or sometimes he would take too much time to decide what he should do with it that slowed down the passing that this team was known for. But since after that UMass game, he's been playing as much like a True Team player as anybody and his scoring is down, but our success is up. This is all I wanted from him. Though I would like to see him pass up a fast break with 3 people waiting for him under the basket and would like to see him become more clutch with FTs and other shots in crunch time like Sibert. I know, I can't have everything, but the more he does right, the better this team becomes.

He's a fantastic defensive player and most likely the key to our stepped up defensive success this year.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 02:19 PM
General

Originally Posted by NovaFlyer View Post
Then why have "rules". We found the refs about average last night. Dayton's missed shots for much of the game were our topic of conversation. Nice finish and OT.
Let me guess, driving to the bar you followed the "nine you're fine, 10 you're mine" rule of speed.

Because calling the game that specifically is 1950's basketball and it's freakin' boring. You could call traveling on nearly every play.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Voted for X over Pollard and Scooch. Those are our known strengths. It's efforts like Williams's that complements your big dogs so that you're harder to defend. People were saying, "who's he?" Though his scoring was sporadic it wasnt as much as Scoochie's. I think X has the most potential of any player on the team and could be our best player next season.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
Scoochie,it's always scoochie
Mad Props to mikeymo85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 02:35 PM
General

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Voted for X over Pollard and Scooch. Those are our known strengths. It's efforts like Williams's that complements your big dogs so that you're harder to defend. People were saying, "who's he?" Though his scoring was sporadic it wasnt as much as Scoochie's. I think X has the most potential of any player on the team and could be our best player next season.
Under that criteria, XW should get your vote every game. Yes, he seems to be that good every game. Love the guy and agree that he's probably our star next year.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:37 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Rollo, you know I generally agree with your points.

But Dayton is #11 nationally getting to the foul line and Davidson is #156 giving up foul shots. Moreover, Davidson is #271 getting to the foul line and Dayton is #154 giving up foul shots. So I would expect an enormous disparity with the Flyers getting to the foul line a ton more than the Wildcats.

The disparity is bigger than even the numbers above would predict, but the match-up problems would dictate a lot more fouls on Davidson because: (1) they play their top players too much and they get tired; (2) Davidson is lazy on defense and does not show its hands; and (3) yes Dayton has much better athletes and Pollard/X/etc. create match-up problems.

Finally, refs are rated 22, 33, and 69 in the country out of 200. So good crew.

All numbers courtesy of kenpom.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-25-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-25-2017), Gazoo (02-26-2017), jack72 (02-26-2017), rollo (02-25-2017), SeasonTicketFan (02-25-2017), Smitty10 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 03:42 PM
General

Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post

But Dayton is #11 nationally getting to the foul line and Davidson is #156 giving up foul shots. Moreover, Davidson is #271 getting to the foul line and Dayton is #154 giving up foul shots. So I would expect an enormous disparity with the Flyers getting to the foul line a ton more than the Wildcats.

The disparity is bigger than even the numbers above would predict, but the match-up problems would dictate a lot more fouls on Davidson because: (1) they play their top players too much and they get tired; (2) Davidson is lazy on defense and does not show its hands; and (3) yes Dayton has much better athletes and Pollard/X/etc. create match-up problems.

Yeah, I thought that we were up there getting to the FT line. It seems there's quite a disparity every game lately with us getting to the FT line. So I can't see a Flyer fan bring up the Refs over that.

You would think that teams, especially in the A10 would just give up some easy buckets to us more often as we always have a depth advantage over them

Last edited by Smitty10; 02-25-2017 at 03:44 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 04:12 PM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Each person played a role and more than one could have easily been voted for, but I cast my lot with Sir Kendall Pollard, who willed the team to overtime with his outstanding play the last 10 minutes of regulation. He did everything and then some. But I don't begrudge anyone voting for Scooch, Charles, or Xeyrius.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (02-25-2017), San Diego Flyer (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Sir Kendall Pollard gets the nod.

Mikesell, Crosby, KD, Cunningham...what a nice bench to have.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 05:46 PM
General

Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
Sir Kendall Pollard gets the nod.

Mikesell, Crosby, KD, Cunningham...what a nice bench to have.
LOL, I don't care who starts, KD's 32 minutes vs. DD's 21 minutes would make me label DD as the bench player.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:33 PM

Please post these stats BEFORE every game.

Pretty please!
ruechalgrin (02-26-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 07:41 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,162 Times in 2,320 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Flyer fans were complaining about foul disparity a few years ago when we played St. Joseph's. But, they never left their feet, and attacked the lane. Still, Flyer fans complained that the refs were against us.

Amazing how a big comeback win changes peoples minds.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:34 PM

10 more votes and we have a Golden record!
Old 02-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
I guess you give the refs a UD handshake...

Does anyone know about how many charges both teams had? At times it seemed like every time UD raced to the basket, they handed the ball over to the refs.