Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Womens Soccer

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Captain

soccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura about
Cool 2015 Finals to be televised (no, for real!)

The Atlantic 10 Women's Soccer Championship this Sunday November 8, 2015 at 12 Noon will be produced by American Sports Network and aired throughout the country (full listings available by the end of the week).

In the Dayton area, the game will be aired on: WRGT-2 (MyTV/This TV). For other area local listings, check http://americansportsnet.com/schedule/
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to soccerflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-02-2015), fuz_forward (11-04-2015), jack72 (11-02-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-02-2015), NovaFlyer (11-02-2015)
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by soccerflyer View Post
The Atlantic 10 Women's Soccer Championship this Sunday November 8, 2015 at 12 Noon will be produced by American Sports Network and aired throughout the country (full listings available by the end of the week).

In the Dayton area, the game will be aired on: WRGT-2 (MyTV/This TV). For other area local listings, check http://americansportsnet.com/schedule/
Sure hoping we have the Dayton team to watch!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Captain

soccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NovaFlyer View Post
Sure hoping we have the Dayton team to watch!
NovaFlyer, are you my neighbor in Philly? (I live in NJ now.)
If so, we might not be seeing anything because there is no affiliate locked in from that area. I'm hoping to get at least a webstream, as this is the first finals I won't be able to attend since 2009.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:57 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the Men's Soccer A10 Final will also be broadcast on ASN. I'm pretty sure I saw that on their schedule page.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Captain

Rather than start a new thread, I'll recap my view of the A-10's here...

For a tourney that usually follows chalk the first two days, we had an unbelievable 0 for 4 from top seeds today. Of those four seeds, I'd have thought only St Joe's was an obvious underdog on paper, and the other three should have been dominant. As weak as GW was for a 1 seed, so too was George Mason a bit suspect on both sides of the ball. And yet they pulled out the first 1/8 upset in this tournament's history.

If you thought the Flyers' flameout was depressing, worse yet may have been St. Joe's finish. They pulled the goalie at the 90th minute, then only managed to twice boot the ball out of bounds with under a minute to go. They also had several fouls called on La Salle and took forever to restart them instead of trying to advance the ball. It was a poorly executed closeout to what was otherwise a mostly competitive match. It is possible that they were just too spent by then from La Salle's frequent runs.

Would hate to jinx them because no favorites appear to be safe in this field, but La Salle is a standalone favorite of the remaining four squads.
Mad Props to soccerflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-06-2015)
Old 08-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Captain

Red face

Originally Posted by soccerflyer View Post

Would hate to jinx them because no favorites appear to be safe in this field, but La Salle is a standalone favorite of the remaining four squads.
JINX!