User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
full schedule released

http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/...kbl-sched.html

Schedule just released, but on the UD website there seems to be a major typo...only 15 conference games are listed and the home game with X is missing...assume it will be corrected soon
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Major

Iguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to behold
I noticed too that the home game vs. Xavier is missing. Xavier's site has us playing them at home on Wednesday Feb. 11th.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Colonel

zmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud of
Its nice to see that there are a lot of saturday conference games.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Colonel

shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Iguomaniac View Post
I noticed too that the home game vs. Xavier is missing. Xavier's site has us playing them at home on Wednesday Feb. 11th.
That seems to fit, but it is a pretty quick turnaround after a Sunday game at Charlotte.

Another interesting part of the schedule is the 3 game conference "all-Saint" homestand (Bonnie-Louis-Joseph's) in 8 days, including 2 home games in three days.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/...kbl-sched.html

Schedule just released, but on the UD website there seems to be a major typo...only 15 conference games are listed and the home game with X is missing...assume it will be corrected soon
update...the site has been corrected and the X game is now listed on 2/11
Old 08-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,414 Times in 671 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
So how many years is it going to be until we get an x game at home on a Saturday again? It'd be great if some people could actually come to the game that don't live in the area.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
1st Lieutenant

ChiFlyer is on a distinguished road
Still disappointed in the non-conference schedule. It just puts so much pressure to deliver in conference with such a weak strength of schedule rating. Although, I am not complaining about the 2 games in the Chicagoloand area...should be a couple good ones with Marquette and Auburn.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Major

allflyernamesaregone
I think this is the first time in a couple years we play Xavier at home first before going to Cincinnati.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Colonel

as_4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by zmz723 View Post
Its nice to see that there are a lot of saturday conference games.
I agree. Last year was tough getting to the Arena after work from Cincy, having almost all of our conference home games on Wednesday
Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Colonel

BallgameJohnny is infamous around these parts
Wow that schedule just reminded me how pathetic the home ooc schedule is. Hmm I guess I have GM or Miami(OH) to look forward to at home....
Old 08-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
Road games

Well, I am super glad that both the St. Louis and Duquesne away games are on saturdays. Those were fun trips to make, and this year the kiddos can go to both! The Duquesne game also falls on MLK weekend so that will give us some extra time in Pittsburgh on sunday. Maybe I'll find a good mall!
I also wish the game at Xavier was on a weekend. Last year our babysitter didn't get home until 12:05am and then she had to go to school the next day. Hopefully her mom will let her do that again. We took Leslie's bus there last year which added some extra time to our trip, but the hubby said we will be on the bus again this year because the parking there is so awful.Playing them at their place right before the tourney could be great or really terrible. If we can somehow manage to beat them then we will have great confidence, but if they cream us like they did last year it may hurt our tourney run. Either way I'll be there cheering them on!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BallgameJohnny View Post
Wow that schedule just reminded me how pathetic the home ooc schedule is. Hmm I guess I have GM or Miami(OH) to look forward to at home....

Then you must like this non-con schedule for Illinois State - a team that had a similar season to ours last year. Their toughest non-con game may be Wright State - a team they must play as a bracketbuster return game. Here is their fans' reaction.

http://www.redbirdfan.com/msgforum/v...hp?f=2&t=10235

Last edited by ud69; 08-27-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 08-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Captain

UDFLYERS2K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
So how many years is it going to be until we get an x game at home on a Saturday again? It'd be great if some people could actually come to the game that don't live in the area.
I was thinking the same thing! We have not played X on a Saturday for several years and I can't remember the last time we played Xavier on a Saturday NIGHT! Although I am willing to play them at 5am on a Monday if we can win the game.