Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Just off the Jet

flyer1950 is on a distinguished road
Dayton wins 2-1 at Ft. Wayne over Notre Dame

My wife and I went to the game on Saturday at the St. Francis College Spring Fling. Dayton played Notre Dame in the fourth game of the day starting at 5:00. There may have been 75 people still around.The temperature was 56, but if felt 10 degees less with a slight mist. Dayton scored first. I do not know who scored but Willie got the assist. Notre Dame then scored on a a set piece from about 30 yards out with a shot to the upper left corner of the net just outside the reach of Boone. The half ended 1-1. The play was fairly even with Dayton controlling the ball better than Notre Dame, but Notre Dame having more speed which caused a few tense moments with the outside forwards putting pressure on Dayton's defense.

The second half was even with Dayton scoring with 2 minutes left. Overall Dayton played well against the team that won the National Championship two years ago. The development of other scoring threats makes Williams all the more dangerous. I think the last spring game is on Wednesday at Cincinnati.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyer1950 For This Totally Excellent Post:
chriscage (04-15-2012), Glen Clark (04-16-2012), ud69 (04-15-2012)
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,097 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Its just spring soccer so I wouldnt read too much into results, but I have to think this result is encouraging. ND was down last year and I dont know if Melissa Henderson played -- their senior All American. She kind of held the team together last year. Supposedly ND has a top recruiting class coming in.

Still, I like the trajectory of our spring results.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".