Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
1st Lieutenant

RipFlyer'07 is on a distinguished road
Talking "Don't Stop Believing" 21-2

Anyone hear the background song as the players left the court at La Salle? "Don't Stop Believing" - by Journey

21-2

Enough Said
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

jw4daytonflyers#1 is on a distinguished road
I started singing.

What- it's a catchy song.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,752 Times in 794 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Too late

too many on the game thread already have, or at least had. Some of the comments on there are absolutely childish and immature.

How can the serious fans stand to follow the game via the game thread when there is such garbage on there?

21-2 and 7-1 in the conference. Wasn't that long ago that some of those so called "fans4ever" or "fans4life" said we were NIT bound at best, may not win a road conference game, will go 8-8 at best.

Grow up and please just try and enjoy the ride. What a great team to follow in a time where the economy stinks even worse than the weather.

21-2 Don't stop believing!!!
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill302 (02-04-2009), bobber (02-05-2009), captaincareful (02-04-2009), cralford (02-04-2009), Fudd (02-04-2009), GetFlyeredup (02-04-2009), saintsteven (02-04-2009), TMPH66 (02-04-2009), UD93 Steve (02-04-2009), UDGRIZZ2010 (02-05-2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Now 9-0 in games decided by less than 5.

If you believe these games can be be classified as a tossup, the chances of UD being 9-0 in these games is 1/512 or about 0.19%.

If you believe that defense and heart matter more than probability, then the chances of UD being 9-0 in these games is 100%
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (02-05-2009), bosoxrule (02-04-2009), Flyer 86 (02-04-2009), THirt (02-05-2009), UDGRIZZ2010 (02-05-2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
1st Lieutenant

flyerdube is a jewel in the roughflyerdube is a jewel in the roughflyerdube is a jewel in the roughflyerdube is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
too many on the game thread already have, or at least had. Some of the comments on there are absolutely childish and immature.

How can the serious fans stand to follow the game via the game thread when there is such garbage on there?
I am not one of 'em but I still enjoy reading the heat of the moment passion. Sometimes I will miss the game but go back and read the thread just to get the real feel of the game. It's all fun when we win baby!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Brigadier General

Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerdube View Post
I am not one of 'em but I still enjoy reading the heat of the moment passion. Sometimes I will miss the game but go back and read the thread just to get the real feel of the game. It's all fun when we win baby!
I'm all for the heat of passion. I was going nuts at home trying to watch the video feed that kept going out, listening to the radio and seeing/hearing all the horrible TOs. How painful and frustrating it was.

Relegating 2 key players to the bench for the season, calling out the coach, writing the team off as long as BG is here etc, etc crosses the line from passion to no self control.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM

ndflyer is infamous around these parts
I'm all for the heat of passion. I was going nuts at home trying to watch the video feed that kept going out, listening to the radio and seeing/hearing all the horrible TOs. How painful and frustrating it was.

Relegating 2 key players to the bench for the season, calling out the coach, writing the team off as long as BG is here etc, etc crosses the line from passion to no self control.
ummmmmm dont read the game threads? people are frustrated, that shouldnt have even been a close game. its a shame ud cant put a team away for good
Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Captain

GetFlyeredup is infamous around these partsGetFlyeredup is infamous around these parts

Agree with you 100%. It also crosses the line when 90% or more of your posts are criticizing the team. That is why I don't read or participate in game threads.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
There's magic in the air...

Instead of "Don't stop believing" I was hearing that song from Peter Pan - "We can fly, we can fly, we can fly"!

First star on the right, then straight ahead until the dance...

I think the arena should see if they can get a version of "We can fly" on the PA at the next home game!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Brigadier General

Thumbs up I agree 100%

Originally Posted by ndflyer View Post
ummmmmm dont read the game threads? people are frustrated, that shouldnt have even been a close game. its a shame ud cant put a team away for good
We are the only team in the nation that struggles like this. I think all schollies should be revoked immediately and all coaches, AD and even professors should be fired immediately - NOT !!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

NYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really nice
I am so ticked that we can't put a team away but on the other hand we're 21-2, 21-2, 21-2, 21-2.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute

21-2 and 7-1 in the conference. Wasn't that long ago that some of those so called "fans4ever" or "fans4life" said we were NIT bound at best, may not win a road conference game, will go 8-8 at best.

Grow up and please just try and enjoy the ride. What a great team to follow in a time where the economy stinks even worse than the weather.

21-2 Don't stop believing!!!
I agree. The game threads are fairly worthless. Participating in them is like going to a Tourettes syndrome convention. I would rather watch the game and then comment. 90% of those in-game posts look foolish afterwards. I do enjoy watching Kiefaber455 do a "crash and burn" every game.

Last edited by Fudd; 02-04-2009 at 10:14 PM..
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (02-04-2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM

ndflyer is infamous around these parts
We are the only team in the nation that struggles like this. I think all schollies should be revoked immediately and all coaches, AD and even professors should be fired immediately - NOT !!
were not forcing you to read and post on this board
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
The Sopranos...

With that song playing I thought of the Sopronos finale

It was like poetry after the game hearing Journey...on to the next adventure baby

Go Flyers
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
It'd be a shame if UD lost that game. They didn't, they're 21-2, there's nothing shameful about that.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
If we had played a tougher non-conference schedule, would we be 22-1? Discuss.

Last edited by Fudd; 02-04-2009 at 10:25 PM..
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
were not forcing you to read and post on this board
and who's forcing you to read and particpate in this thread?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (02-05-2009), longtimefan (02-04-2009), UD Sam (02-05-2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
ndflyer, you do realize that the morning line had Lasalle as a 2 point favorite? this was suppose to be a close game. Had UD not turned the ball over like a model handed a piece of cake, they would have won by double digits. LaSalle has some talent, and a whale of a coach, give them credit, they made a game of it when they could have easily folded.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (02-05-2009), longtimefan (02-04-2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Captain

Snackman will become famous soon enoughSnackman will become famous soon enough
Just did some checking and there is only one team in the country with more wins than our Flyers: Oklahoma is 22-1, Dayton is 21-2, UConn is 21-1, and Utah St. is 21-1. If you would have told me this at the begining of the season I would have told you, to borrow a term from another poster, "you smoke crack."

I've never seen a Dayton team be able to finish the way this team does in close games. Granted, some of the games that are nail-biters shouldn't even be close. As long as our boys continue to win, it doesn't matter by how many. I'm just glad that I'm young enough that my heart can take these finished without too much of a problem.

GO FLYERS!!!

Last edited by Snackman; 02-04-2009 at 11:43 PM..