UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who/What is to blame for the road loss at Duquesne?
XW...where fore art thou? 6 min, 0 pts, 1 rb 4 10.81%
Kostas...immature play (technical foul) caused momentum loss 9 24.32%
Crutcher/JDavis each 1/6 on 3s and a combined 5/19 FG shooting 3 8.11%
Refs: letting game get out of control 2 5.41%
Anthony Grant: letting players get out of control 19 51.35%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Golden Road Woes Award - Duquesne

Because of work and kids I only heard the end of the 1st half on radio, and from the tone of Bucky and Larry it must have been ugly...and by 'it' I mean the play, officiating and effort.

Q: So where does a King place blame in losses like this?
A: He doesn't! Instead he posts a Poll so the minions can answer the question for him!

There are quite a few legitimate options here, as they all seem to be factors.

I must be off.

King Rollo the SMH...OUT!

Last edited by rollo; 12-31-2017 at 07:57 AM..
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2017, 10:02 AM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
Has to be AG. Part of the reason Williams and Kostas are up there is because AG refused to let them redeem themselves in the second half. His substitution patten literally takes his players out of the game. If someone would have fouled out he would hav to insert someon who hasn’t moved in over an hour. Not conducive to a long conference season. Honorable mention to DD for shooting 19x and having ZERO assists. I will continue to be hard on our senior until he shows he can play like a senior.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2017, 10:06 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Interestingly enough, if we win or lose my choice may have stayed the same. Trey Landers.

He hustles and is trying to make plays. If we were to have won this game, it may have been his hustle. But we lost and could be because of him. Missing 2 free throws for the technical. The over the back foul going for a rebound. How about this stat. Darrell Davis in 36mins 10 seconds led the team (X too) with a +/- of +1. Trey in 37:29 was -7. Both players play almost the entire game but have a large difference in +/-.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (01-01-2018)
Old 12-31-2017, 10:16 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
AG.

Refereeing was fair. Couple of poor calls each way. Definitely not any impact on the game.

Substitutions: 2nd half, Svoboda. That's it. Want to know why we are gassed?

No Kostas or XW in the second half. Kostas finished the first half, so let's get the "benching" excuse out of the way now. No post game comments about XW's earth, so for now, we have to assume it was the coaches decision.

The most concerning trend is that compared to the first ten games, there's been no improvement to start of the next ten.

AG's post game comment of "cards being dealt" is troubling, at best.

That points to the coach and his staff.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:24 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas didn't get a chance to redeem himself because he acted a fool in the first half.

X is asleep at the wheel.

Crutcher and Davis are out of their element right now. Freshman...it is what it is.

Refs didn't dictate the winner. You play the game like the refs allow it.

AG...this isn't even about systems and personnel. This is about discipline and effort. The guys aren't ready to play for 40 minutes. Lineups change based on attitudes and effort...there is only one person that can get that back on track.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (12-31-2017), Jeff (12-31-2017), Radar (01-01-2018)
Old 12-31-2017, 10:25 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Kostas didn't get a chance to redeem himself because he acted a fool in the first half.

Crutcher and Davis are out of their element right now. Freshman...it is what it is.

AG...this isn't even about systems and personnel. This is about discipline and effort. The guys aren't ready to play for 40 minutes. Lineups change based on attitudes and effort...there is only one person that can get that back on track.
Nice job.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:28 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post

Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,462 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
My vote is AG after it was pointed out we had one sub in 2nd. Wow. On the flip side I’m not sure he had any other options.

1 I can’t believe X is anything but continued health issue. Every man on the bench wants to play. It could be an attitude issue and without some inside info we will never know. I just lean towards his back problems.

2. Kostas might have been told any more childish antics and he sits. Thus I’m not voting AG for “needs to get the team under control”. If that’s what Kostas has been told, AG did exactly what he had to do and the leaders on this team need to get Kostas under control. Benching and extra wind-sprints is really the last line of discipline for a coach with a player you need to stay on the team and learn. Let’s hope someone breaks thru to him.

3 We took the lead with sometime like 3-5 minutes left. The players on the floor did that. I understand a coach staying with the guys that were crawling back. But I agree 100% we flat out ran out of gas. We don’t know what’s going on within the team but AG does and it’s on him. When Joey gets minutes in the middle of the game, that tells you there isn’t anyone else. (No offense to Joey.)

So my vote is based on preparation by AG. If the rotation options are down to what we saw in this game, AG better get guys like Joey and someone else ready to play for real because the odds he will need them keep going up. He is right, these are the cards he’s been dealt and it’s his job to figure out how to play them for a winning hand. I need to see more creativity out of this coaching staff. Time to think out of the box guys. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I don’t see the first part of that saying being addressed.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:16 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I could have voted for anybody but Cunningham, not sure I should vote for any one person, but the buck stops with Grant. Get a big boot in Kostas' butt, so you never get stuck playing Matej so much again.

Time now, or very soon, to give up on the zone and make these young guys play man defense or hit the road.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
2. Kostas might have been told any more childish antics and he sits. Thus I’m not voting AG for “needs to get the team under control”. If that’s what Kostas has been told, AG did exactly what he had to do and the leaders on this team need to get Kostas under control. Benching and extra wind-sprints is really the last line of discipline for a coach with a player you need to stay on the team and learn. Let’s hope someone breaks thru to him.
If this were the case, he wouldn't have remained in the game after his little stunt. He should have been pulled immediately and wasn't. Dambrot did the right thing and yanked his player.